• ベストアンサー

この英文におけるsayとはどのような意味になるでし

この英文におけるsayとはどのような意味になるでしょうか? 著者が外科医で、自分は技術面では別に有名なわけではない、と述べた後に続く文で Say I adopt the style and technique that suits patient and particular situation and I will consider that high praise. 訳例には 私は患者とその状況にあった術式を採用すれば、そのことを賞賛に値するものだと考えるのだ です このsayはなんでしょうか? ちなみに、京大の2012年の入試問題、第二問の一節です

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここの say は、下記の副詞の二「例えば」でしょう。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=say

colocolocololon
質問者

お礼

本当だ、これですね ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えてください

And yet I say to you with all my purity, *there shall be that which is present and that which remains the same as my love dawns within you.* *~*の意味がよくわからないのですが、お教えください。 このyetは、「さらに」という意味でしょうか?

• 英文の意味を教えてください!!

一人称語りの探偵小説の一節です。 Maybe he called her and pushed her into firing me. Although she was not the kind that pushed easily. このthat はどういう働きでしょうか?pused that easily ならわかるのですが、、、 また Sometimes the burden of being rational and responsible while everyone around me was howling was more than I liked. のmore than I likedとはどういう意味ですか?そういう役割を背負ってるのを誇らしく思う時もあるけどっていう感じでしょうか?

• (312)-その2 For my part……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(2)For my part I do not praise it, for my heart does not like it. Such a sailing is snatched, and you will hardly avoid mischief. Yet in their ignorance men do even this, for wealth means life to poor mortals; but it is fearful to die among the waves. (3)But I bid you consider all these things in your heart as I say. この文章は“Works and Days” by Evelyn Whiteの一節です。 (1)(2)(3)は連続した文章で、前問の(312)―その1の続きです。 試し訳と語彙について質問します。 (2)For my part I do not praise it, for my heart does not like it. <試し訳> これは、私としては、薦めない。というのは、気分的に好かないからだ。 (3)Such a sailing is snatched, and you will hardly avoid mischief. <試し訳> この(時季の)航海はひったくられて、お前はあやまちを避けることが難しかろう。 (4)Yet in their ignorance men do even this, for wealth means life to poor mortals; but it is fearful to die among the waves. <試し訳> それでも、あの(船乗りの)馬鹿な連中の中に、これ(危険な航海)をするやつがいる。 貧しい人々にとって、富は命がけなのだ。しかし、波間に死ぬことは恐ろしいことだ。 <質問> (a) for wealth means life to poor mortals       wealth means lifeであるから、life is wealthと考えられて、       「富は貧しい人に向かって命に等しい」と訳せるでしょうか。         ただ、これでは、訳にならないので。       「貧しい人々にとって、富は命がけなのだ」としました。 (5)But I bid you consider all these things in your heart as I say. <試し訳> しかし、云っておくが、お前は私がいう通りにこうしたことを全て考えておくこと だ。 <質問> (b) But I bid you consider……について    関係詞の省略と考えられて、      ‘But I bid you that you consider……‘    でよいでしょうか。

• 次の英文の和訳を教えてください。よろしく

It is absolutely clear that our current cultural formation is saturated with, and dominated by ,mass media representation in general ,and television in particular. 訳例 私たちの現在の文化的構成が浸されることは、一般にマスメディア表現および特にテレビで絶対に明らかで、支配します。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

海外のサイトで手作りの石鹸を見つけました。欲しいので日本に発送してくれるか?成分はどんな成分か?サンプルはもらえるか?等と質問をして返事が来ました。 すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 I do sell samples- they ate listed in my store under the samples category. I do ship internationally but you would need to pay shipping. All my ingredients are listing in every listing. I used to carry detergent soaps but are phasing them out and only purchase detergent-free base now. Because of FDA regulations, I cannot legally say anything more that my soap washes. I cannot say that it moisturizes or helps dry skin. I also cannot say that it helps with any medical conditions such as eczema, etc. I can only simply state that it washes. FDA had tough rules on that. Although I would love to supply soap to you on a regular basis, at this time, I'm not able to make more than what I have as we're moving in 5 weeks and I got a new job working 58 hours a week so that keeps me too busy to find time to make soap right now. If you'd like to contact me in a few months and see if things have changed, that would be fine.

• What can I say? の意味

What can I say?の意味についての質問です。 We'er going to make a night of it ; we'll get dressed up and have a late dinner after the show. Would you be up for that? What can I say? It would be my first time at the Met ; I could not say no. I'm sold. (一晩たっぷり楽しみましょう、ドレスアップして、講演の後で遅いディナーを食べるの。行く気ある?) (行くも行かないもないよ。僕、メトロポリタンなんて行くの初めてだよ。断るわけないだろ。心は決まってるよ。) 上記の英文は、オペラの公演に誘おうとしているシーンでの会話です。 「What can I say?」が「行くも行かないもないよ。」と訳されているのですが、いまいち「私は何を言えるのだろうか?」という意味からは、そのような訳になるとは思えません。このような訳になる理由を教えていただけないでしょうか? もう1つ質問がございます。 All they did was update it a little bit. (ほんのちょっと現代版にしてあるだけよ。) 上記に英文でupdateがおかしいと思ったのです。もし動詞ならupdatedでなくていけないし、名詞ならupdate of it とofが必要になる。このupdateは一体何なのでしょうか?

• let's say I'm as old as

BBCのLearningEnglishに•How old am I? Well, let's just brush over that and say I'm as old as I feel! の文章が出てきます。最後のsay I'm as old as I feel!の訳し方解りません。 どなたか教えてください。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送の事で相手からメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Yes, I have attached the details. Please check. Please see if you can find cheaper quotes. I have so far only found a quote for $36 and that was the cheapest. My manager will look into it as well. However, if in the meantime you can find something cheaper I would say go for it as I do not think that overall the shipment will get any cheaper than $30. Please keep me posted.

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。新作の商品の案内が来たのですがすみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 The AW16/17 stock arrives in different drops first drop will between June and last October. Upon arrival I will contact you and you can either make full payment or start making payment for that particular stock drop. Have you ordered any SS16? Let me know your AW16 order and I will send you a copy of the sales order and we can start the process from there.

• 英文解釈に関して質問

下記の英文で I pray to Christ to say, 'Thank you for this day and my family and my health,' and now that I'm older I’ve added, ‘Please illuminate me. 1. I'm older I’ve addedとは、どのような意味ですか。 2.that I'm older I’ve added,は、(I pray to Christ to say)that I'm older I’ve added,という ことですか。 よろしくお願いいたします。