• ベストアンサー

She's someone i could see myself with.

aipoohの回答

• aipooh
  • ベストアンサー率16% (1/6)
回答No.6

こんにちわaipoohです。 とてもよい回答がされているので、敢えてここではなぜ「the person and me」ではないのかを、考えてたいと思います。きっとそこもネックになっている部分ですよね。 カレは最初否定して肯定してますので、恋愛対象ではないけれど、もしかしたらそうなり得るとほのめかしていますが、いまいち気持ちははっきりしてません。 the personと言うととても断定的で明確な意味合いになります。 EX)She is the last person to do something like that. 彼女は決してそんなことをするようなお人ではない。人をとても強調してますよね。 EX)She is really somthing. 彼女は大したものだ。 ここでは「もの」ですが、そういう表現もあります。 ここで注目したいのがcouldを使っている点です。仮にcanであれば、実際現実的に考えているのでしょうが、現在時制に過去形を使う仮定法過去を使用してますので、もし~ならば、のニュアンスがでます。 恋愛対象ではないけれど、もしそうなったとしたら、一緒になってもおかしくない。ということでしょう。 myselfはIの強調した形ですので、カレは自分を主体として彼女を見たとき、そうなる可能性があることを言いたいのですね。 もしこれが逆に彼女を好きであったなら、herselfになってもおかしくないでしょう。 カレの気持ちがはっきりしない限り、someoneは彼女を大まかな自分のイメージの中で見ている誰かさんから、the one 特定の彼女にはならないのでしょう。恋愛対象ではないということは、結婚対象なのかもしれませんね。恋愛と結婚は違いますからね。

noname#9284
質問者

お礼

こんにちはさん。ご回答をありがとうございました。 > とてもよい回答がされているので、 そうなんですよね。皆様素晴らしい方ばかりが集まってくださって私にもわかるように一生懸命に説明をしてくださる。本当に感動です。 > the personと言うととても断定的で明確な意味合いになります。 そうですね。自分で言っておきながらそう言ったら限定しているなと思いました。something、そういう使い方もあるんですね。きっとどこかで見た事があると思いますが忘れました。 > myselfはIの強調した形ですので、 強調しているのですね。わかりました。 > カレの気持ちがはっきりしない限り、someoneは彼女を大まかな自分のイメージの中で見ている誰かさんから、the one 特定の彼女にはならないのでしょう。恋愛対象ではないということは、結婚対象なのかもしれませんね。恋愛と結婚は違いますからね。 彼女は一応カレシはいます。が、トラブルがあって壊れるかもって言っていました。冗談で「well anyway, if they break up ...she's MINE! 」と言って笑っていました。良くない冗談ですけどね。6月11日05:57

関連するQ&A

• I never could see myself...

以下の文章の「I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold.」という部分がどういう構文になっているのか、どういう意味なのか分かりません。  Many years ago when I was a young man,I was taken very ill-I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold. But I suppose it was something very serious,for the doctor said that I ought to have come to him a month before, and that if it,whatever it was,had gone on for another week he would not have answered for the consequences.  以上ですが宜しくお願い致します。

• I am alone with myself

Not long after, Johnson's friend, the painter Joshua Reynolds, noted in his Discourses on Art that: 'The highest ambition of every Artist is to be thought a man of Genius.' But in 1826, the critic William Hazlitt suggested in his essay 'Whether genius is conscious of its powers?': 'No really great man ever thought himself so.... He who comes up to his own idea of greatness, must always have had a very low standard of it in his mind.' Picasso, for instance, said publicly: 'When I am alone with myself, I cannot regard myself as an artist. In the strict sense of the word. The great painters were Giotto, Rembrandt, and Goya.' *Johnson=Samuel Johnson この英文の中にある When I am alone with myselfについてですが、 I am aloneでも意味が通じる気がするのですが with myselfをつけることによってどういう意味合いになるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• I can't help it if he's in love wit

I can't help it if he's in love with Brett. But I do think he could behave like a man. Don't you? 訳して下さい

• I understand she don't stole it............

外国人の友達に話したいことがあり、訳がわからない箇所があります。教えてくださいお願いします 1 私は仕方ないと彼女を許したのに。彼女は古くからの友達だから盗むことなんてしないことぐらい分かっている。ましてや彼女の子供を疑うなんてしない。(彼女がうちの子が盗んだと思ってるの?とキレてきたので) You know I did forgive her that lost my necless, I DON'T suspect that she stole it. mush less dont suspect to her kids. I know she don't person who is stealing something. I trust in her. 2 でも、彼女は私の言葉を聞こうとしない。勘違いしてヒステリックになって私に怒った。おかしいよね?(ネックレスを)なくしたのは彼女だよ!!?なんで私が彼女から怒られるの? 彼女の性格にはあきれた。 but she dont hear me and she beeing histeric and mad at me. its funny. why am I got angry for her!? who is it to lost?? thats her. Im too shocked to her.

• 訳して頂きたい英文があります!

訳して頂きたい英文があります! どうしてもうまく訳せません。 She had an uneasy suspicion that I did not believe in her; and if that was why she did not like me, it was also why she sought my acquaintance: it galled her that I alone should look upon her as a comic figure and she could not rest till I acknowledged myself mistaken and defeated. お願いいたします。

• 外国人とメールをしているのですが。。。

外国人(インドネシア)の女性とラインしているのですが、内容が全然理解できなくて、こまってます。 訳してもらえますか??? 女:Do you heve time???? 私:Yup.What's up? 女:There's someone hurts me 私:What? 女:Yah.. hurt me.. broke my heart 私:How? 女:She not belive me.. And now.. she is busy, so she not reply my text 私:Who's she? 女:But when I busy.. i always text her.. i don't know why she like this Huhuhuhu.. i'm so sad... :( She is my bestfriend.. but i love her so much.. i love her more than anything.. She ever said she love me.. i always try to make her happy... i always be patient when she mad at me.. Everytime she call me, she always tell about her ex.. I'm jealous.. i don't like the way she tell me about her ex てな感じなんですけど、むこうからいきなり来て、理解できません。。。。 日本語で内容を教えてください! それと、どうやって返信すればいいか教えてください!

• I consider myself a well

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2015/04/07/9-year-old-destroys-floridas-new-standardized-test-in-front-of-school-board/?tid=pm_local_pop_b 質問です。 上記サイトの下記の部分についての和訳についてのお教えください。 TRANSCRIPT: …I consider myself a well-educated young lady. However with FSA tests, my five years of school …do not matter. This testing looks at me as a number. One test defines me either as a failure or a success through a numbered rubric. One test at the end of the year that the teacher or myself will not be able to see the grade until the school year is already over. I do not think all this FSA testing is accurate to tell how successful I am. It doesn’t take into account all of my knowledge and abilities, just a small percentage. ----以下私の拙訳です---- 私自身は良い教育を受けている少女だと思っています。 でも、私の5年間の学校生活を、FSAテストで判定するなんて、 意味がないです。 このテストは私を、数字で判定しようとしています。 学年末のこのテストの結果が、学年が終わってからでないと先生も私も知ることが出来ないんです。 FSAテスト結果は、私がどの様に成長しているかを正確に表しているとは思いません。私の知識と能力を考慮していない、考慮しているとしてもほんの少しなんです。 ----- 蛇足 記事に下記のような記載があります。 是非videoを数字ご覧のなってください。 スピーチは私には聞き取れませんでしたが、迫力あるスピーチで 9才の少女とはとても思えませんでした。 She says that the test doesn’t measure her abilities and is stressful for no good reason — and she told that to the Hernando County School Board last month, displaying a remarkable presence for someone her age. The short video, which is worth watching, is above, and below is the transcript. According to Bay News 9, Sydney’s mother, Jennifer Smoot, said she helped her daughter with the speech but the 9-year-old wrote most of it.

• 英語のわかる方、翻訳をお願いいたします。

インタビュー記事です。 The cameras follow her from New York to Los Angeles, and she admits her lifestyle means she doesn't see her 14-year-old son as often as she'd like. ‘I'm a f**king renaissance woman!’ she declares at one point. Jodie has said in the past about her bold style: 'I got a lot of grief about two years ago for my faux-hawk. People were making fun of it on comedy shows. 'But I don’t like to walk with the pack anyway, so of course they are going to make fun of me. I don’t care. 'Anybody really creative is going to end up on those lists.' よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

The other day I happened to see an elderly female neighbor fall. She lives behind us, and I saw her tumble. I raced out, helped notify her husband, and helped him help her up; she was OK. The next day he came by with a thank-you card and $50 in gift cards. My issue is the real guilt I feel for accepting them because I feel like I didn’t do anything worthy of a reward, and I don’t feel that returning the gift cards will help anything. I feel like any person seeing another in peril would help as best he or she could. I feel like any person seeing another in peril would help as best he or she could.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英訳の質問です。

和訳わかるのですが、最後の相手の文がどういうつもりでいったのか気になります。分かる方教えて下さい( ; ; ) ☆Maybe,i don't think we should see each ot her anymore Because,i think the lonely to each other ★maybe we could see each other one day, but we don't have to wait for each other :) ★i like you very very much 多分、僕達はまたいつか会えるだろうけど、待つ必要はないよ! このlike you very very muchは社交辞令ですか??待たなくていいけど、好き??彼の気持ちが分かりません…