• ベストアンサー

a foreign authorityって何て訳?

a foreign authorityって何て訳しますか? 全文は This is to certify that the person mentioned below is eligible in Swedish law to marry before a foreign authority. なのですが、しっくりくる言葉が見つかりません。 どなたかお力をお貸しください!

• i3110
  • お礼率80% (12/15)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)
回答No.1

これは、下記に該当する人物が、スウェーデン国法において、スウェーデン国外でのしかるべき機関において(の面前で)婚姻の手続きをすることができる、ことを保証するものである。

i3110
質問者

お礼

trytobeさん、ありがとうございます!!! 意味はわかりましたが書面っぽい日本語の言い回しができなくて困ってました。わかりやすかったのでベストアンサーに選ばせていただきました。

その他の回答 (2)

• trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)
回答No.3

法的手続きにおいて、before は、法廷の判事や目撃者などの面前に出頭しての宣誓や異議申し立てを意味する in front of としての「典型的な用法」です。 plea before the court - Google 検索 (法廷における宣誓) http://www.google.co.jp/search?num=100&safe=off&q=%22plea+before+the+court%22 交通違反などの法廷であえて有罪を認める宣誓をもって終了する場合や、特許訴訟などで口頭弁論を行う場合に裁判所に出頭して互いの意見を言うのは、裁判所において判事の面前(before the court) です。 before: definition of before in Oxford dictionary (British & World English) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/before 『2 In front of:   : 2.1 [preposition] In front of and required to answer to (a court of law, tribunal, or other authority): ‘he could be taken before a magistrate for 』 before definition, meaning - what is before in the British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionaries Online http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/before 『› To be before someone or a group of people, is to be formally considered or examined by that person or group: The proposal before the committee is that we try and reduce our spending by ten percent. The men appeared before the judge yesterday』 Before - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/before 『1 a (1) : forward of : in front of <stood before the fire> (2) : in the presence of <speaking before the conference> b : under the jurisdiction or consideration of <the case before the court> 』

• drmuraberg
  • ベストアンサー率71% (847/1183)
回答No.2

beforeが気に成って調べてみました。 次の訳の可能性があります。 <下記人物がスウェーデン国法の下に於いて婚姻適格であることを 外国機関に先駆けて保証するものである。> こう考える理由はアメリカの宣誓供述書の末尾に次の記述が あります。 WITNESSES ORGANIZATION OR ADDRESS ORGANIZATION OR ADDRESS (Signature of Person Making the Statement) Subscribed and sworn to before me, a person authorized by law to administer oaths, this day XXX day of YYYY, at ZZZ. (Signature of Person Administering Oath), (Typed name of Person Administering Oath), (Authority to Administer Oath). before me は証言者(I,me)より前に、administer oaths=宣誓を させる権限を有する者が「署名し宣誓した」と解釈できます。 証言者が署名した後で、変更の無い様にする為の手順と考えられます。 つまり、ご質問の件との関連では、うちの国が婚姻承認が外国機関より先行 (優先)されるのよと言っていると理解します。面前では無いと考えます。 見当違いならすみません。

i3110
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!例がわかりやすかったです!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 以下の2つの文章を日本語に訳せる方、切実に困ってます 宜しくお願い致します 1.Subject Unmarried Certificate To Whom It May Concern According to the application and the recommendation of ward office ward No 3, this is to certify that(NAME), daughter of Late.(NAME), permanent resident of (ADRESS) is unmarried till now 2.Subject Relationship Certificate To Whom It May Concern This is to Certify the (NAME) permanent resident of (ADDRESS) is the native citizen of (JAPAN) As per her application and the recommendation made by Ward Office. (ADDRESS) this is further Certifed that the following mentioned person have the following relationship with the applicant, (NAME) as mentioned below.

• 外国人登録済証明書の日本語の翻訳をご指導いただきたい

外国人登録済証明書の中 「上記の者は, 外国人登録法の規定により下記のとおり登録原票に記載されていることを証明する。」 を次のように日本語を翻訳して、よろしいですか。 This is to certify the above-mentioned person as follows description to the original registration document according to Alien Registration Law. また 「登録原票記載事項証明書」 を The certification of the original Alienregistration でよろしいですか。 ご指導いただきたいです。

• 推薦状の訳、短文ですが出来るだけ誉めた文章にしたい

短い英文ですが、出来るだけ誉めて訳していただけたら嬉しいです。 This is to certify that Ms.○○ is a very gifted young pianist, and deserve to obtain a scholarship for studying in Europe.

• 英文のaのつけ方

なぜaをつけるのかが分かりません。 例えば、 She is a very important person to me. のveryの後になんでaをつけるのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• the person と a person

辞書で2つの語の定義を見てみました。辞書は Cambridge Dictionary Online です。 ・stationmaster      the person who is in charge of a railway station ・mayor      a person who is elected or chosen to be the leader of the group who governs a town or city stationmaster では the person ・・・ と説明されています。 mayor では a person ・・・ となっています。 質問です。 (1)the person 、 a person と使い分けてあるのはなぜでしょうか。 (2)mayor の定義を someone who is elected or chosen to be the leader of the group who governs a town or city としたら間違いになるのでしょうか。  

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I am about to marry the love of my life. We badly want for things to last. But we also live in a contemporary climate where love’s chance to last, monogamously and constructively, is pretty compromised. we also live in a contemporary climate where love’s chance to last, monogamously and constructively, is pretty compromised.の訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本人には屈辱

このコマーシャルは日本人には屈辱的ではないでしょうか。 http://mayomo.com/37104-commercial-how-to-marry-a-rich-foreign-man

• 英語の訳お願いします。

英語の訳お願いします。 1. A locomotive traveling at 80km/h locks its wheels and skids 95 meters before coming to a complete stop.If the deceleration is constant,how many seconds will it take for the locomotive to come to standstill? 2. A golf ball dropped from a height of 8.0feet (2.4m) onto a hard surface rebounds to a heiht of 6.0feet (1.8m) . What are the (a)impact velocity,(b)rebounds velocity,and (c)coefficient of restitution? 3. A pipe draws water from the bottom of a reservoir and discharges it freely at point C,100ft(30m) below the surface. The flow is frictionless. (a)Waht is the total specific energy at an elevation 50ft (15m) below (i.e.,point B) the water surface? (b)What is the velocity at point? 4. A battery consists of 6 cells,each having an EMF of 1.1V and resistance of 4Ω,connected in two parallel rows of 3 cells in series.This batter is connected to a group of two resistance in parallel of 30Ω and 6Ω,respectively. EMF:electromotive force なんとなくで分かるものもあるのですが・・・。 分かるものだけでも結構です(>_<) よろしくお願いします。

• 訳はこれでよろしいですか

英語の教科書の訳はこれでよろしいのでしょうか。 The job of proving that someone is guilty of a crime belongs to the lawyers whose job it is to show that an accused person is innocent, is called the defence. 犯罪に対して有罪ということを証明するのは、法律の専門家である検察当局がする仕事です。弁護側は罪が無いということを証明する仕事をする人達です。 すみませんが、よろしくお願いします。

• この文の構造と訳お願いします。

It is now almost a century since a literate woman was sufficienty a curiously to have the fact of her sex noted every time her literary activities were mentioned, and so authoress is going out of use.