ナチスやローマ帝国、フランス革命について学ぶわけがない???

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 学校では、世界大戦といった歴史の授業をたくさん受けた
  • 友人からのメールでどう訳せばいいのか分からない個所がある
  • 「二つの世界大戦等、歴史の授業にかなり多くの時間を費やす」という前提の下で、ナチスやローマ帝国、フランス革命について学ぶことに疑問を感じている
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳見ていただけますか?

At school, we had many history lessons about both world wars and such. There's no way around learning about the third reich and Roman empire and French revolution. 友人からのメールでどう訳せばいいのか分からない個所があります。 (友人は英語ネイティブではありません) there's no way around以下の文章です。 there's no wayは通常~は考えられない、とか~できない、と訳すと 思うのですが直前の文章で「二つの世界大戦等、歴史の授業にかなり 多くの時間を費やす」と言っているのにナチスやローマ帝国、フランス革命 などについて学ぶわけがない???というのは意味が通らないな…と(^^;) どう訳すのが適切でしょうか? よろしくお願い致します

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.1

there is no way aroundで、「~~するのは仕方ない」とか「~~せざるをえない」という意味になりますので、 ナチスやローマ帝国、フランス革命について学ぶことは避けられない=ナチスやローマ帝国、フランス革命について学ぶ事は必須。 とおっしゃりたいのではないでしょうか?

pengeeast
質問者

お礼

there is no aroundという構文があるのですね! ddeanaさんの回答から解釈すると、なるほど、意味が 通りますね。 どうもありがとうございました(^▽^)助かりました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します。

In the same way,terror experts aren't sure about the magnitude and timing of AL Qacda's next strike .But it would be myopic to shrug that because there's uncertaity about the risks,we shouldn't act vigorously to confront them-yet that's our national policy toward climate change,and it's a disgrace.

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

以下の文章です。 In some respects it was the closest men have ever come to achieving the ideal of one united world. As one poet expresses it, “Rome had made a city where once there was a world.” It was not a great exaggeration, for Rome's empire at its height included most of what was known of the Western world. And despite its great size, the Empire had many of the qualities of a closely-knit city. From the Atlantic shores of Spain in the west to the Caspian Sea in the east, and from Hadrian's Wall in Britain to Egypt in the south, people lives under one system of government, used the same kind of money and were protected by a common Roman law. Linking the far-flung parts of the Empire physically were 50,000 miles of the finest roads built until very recent times.

• 英語の和訳

The changes brought on by the end of the Cold War are so many and so complex that no one can really know for sure what they all will be yet. One change that is already taking place, though, is the role of the United Nations in keeping peace around the world. During the superpower era, most wars in Asia, Africa, and Latin Americaーnot to mention the Middle Eastーwere about different beliefs that people had about how society should be organized or about religion. UN forces were sent in only to observe and maintain agreements that had already been worked out between the fighting parties. 1行目からつまづきました。 so…that~構文?それからno one…yetの構文でしょうか。whatは関係代名詞か疑問詞か… お願い致します。

• 和訳を教えてください

和訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします!! 1 I don't know which way to go, or what to do when I get there , or what to belive or anything. 2 Do you know how to find out which way is north? 3 He had no one with whom to talk about the matter

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Crimean Regional Government was a client state of Germany created in 1918 Don (Don Republic) The Don Republic was closely associated with the German Empire and fought against the Bolsheviks. Finland (Kingdom of Finland) The Kingdom of Finland was a client state of Germany created in 1918 Georgia (Democratic Republic of Georgia) In 1918, the Democratic Republic of Georgia, facing Bolshevik revolution and opposition from the Georgian Mensheviks and nationalists, was occupied by the German Empire, which expelled the Bolsheviks and supported the Mensheviks. Kuban (Kuban People's Republic) The Kuban People's Republic was a client state of Germany created in 1918 Lithuania (Kingdom of Lithuania)

• 和訳お願いします!!

One of nature's...wonders is indeed the power of the newly born, with no experience at all, to find their way about and protect themselves in the outside world, guided by ... instincts which show themselves at certain periods. Maria montessori さんの言葉らしいのですが、翻訳サイトだとどうしても変な文になってしまうのでよろしくお願いします><

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Because there is no national religion and because citizens come from so many different backgrounds and origins, schools in the United States have been the chief institution thorough which a common national interest has been shared and a common culture developed. During the 1800s and early 1900s, when millions of people from many countries around the world came to the United States, schools were an important part in "Americanizing" the children, and through them the parents, too.

• 英語の和訳の質問です

ソニーも盛田会長のスピーチの和訳ですが Our research center director says that whatever arguments one might make about what he calls the "adaptive creativity"that Japanese scientists and technicians used during the catch-up phase in Japan's development and the so-called "independent creativity" practiced today, there is no doubt that Japan is now a full-fledged member of the world's technological community. この文章が全く訳せません、どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか。

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 「What do people most often criticize about you? -There's no on-going criticism. I'm open to personal and professional growth and welcom the opportunity to improve.」 「I am committed to this company and its advancement so, should I not be selected, I will work with and support whoever might get selected. However, I do feel that my experience in the department and with the team would make me the best candidate.」 どなたか、お願い致します。