Assignment of Delegations in UCC: A Confusing Interpretation

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In a recent contract case involving Neptune Fisheries, an assignment of delegations raised confusion regarding its meaning and implications.
  • The assignment of duties in the contract is clear: Neptune Fisheries assigns its right to sell lobsters and receive payment.
  • However, the meaning of assignment of delegations remains uncertain. Does it require Neptune Fisheries to sell the lobsters?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Assignment of delegations (UCC)

米国法からです。解釈の仕方について戸惑っています。 On April 1, Neptune Fisheries contracted in writing with West markets to deliver to West 3,000 pounds of lobsters at $4.00 a pound. Delivery of the lobsters was due May 1 with payment due June 1.On April 4, Neptune entered into a contract with Deep Sea Farms which provided: ゛Neptune Fisheries assigns all the right under the contract with West Markets dated April 1 to Deep Sea Farms." The April 4 contract was an assignment of rights and a delegation of duties by Neptune. ここで質問なのですが、この場合のAssignment of dutiesは理解できます。lobsterを売ってお金を受け取る 権利があるからです。一方Assignment of delegationsなんですが、これはlobsterを売らなければならないからでしょうか。

• tabuk1
  • お礼率67% (358/528)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SSSIN
  • ベストアンサー率62% (547/875)
回答No.1

>一方Assignment of delegationsなんですが、これはlobsterを売らなければならないからでしょうか。 はい、その通りです。 ご存知の通り、UCCでは契約上の「権利の譲渡」・「義務の委譲」は可能で、「権利の譲渡」・「義務の委譲」のいずれかの実行や「権利の一部の譲渡」も可能です。 単純に「assignment of a contract」 といった場合には、「権利の譲渡」・「義務の委譲」の両方を含むものとして考えられます。(Neptune Fisheries assigns all the right under the contract とありますね) ただし、この場合、譲渡は譲渡人Assignerの権利を消滅させますが、義務は消滅しません。 従って、Neptune Fisheries は、お金を受取る権利は消滅しますが、lobsterを届ける義務は持ったままです。

tabuk1
質問者

補足

どうもありがとうございます。確認させてください。 Neptuneはえびを売る義務(Duty)とえびを売ってお金を受け取る権利(Right)を持っている。権利は譲渡することによって消滅するが、義務はDeepが履行を怠った場合にはWestがNeptuneに対しても訴訟を起こされる可能性があるという ことでしょうか。

その他の回答 (1)

• SSSIN
  • ベストアンサー率62% (547/875)
回答No.2

Neptuneはお金を受取る権利(Right)は譲渡により消滅しますが、えびを引渡す義務(Duty)は消滅しません。 従って、Deepがえびの引渡しを怠った場合にはWestがNeptuneに対して引渡しを要求できますし、場合によっては訴訟を起こす可能性もあります。

関連するQ&A

• 英文について

they did not fail to exercise due care with respect to the performance of their duties. という英文の due careのところがわかりません。どこで区切ってよめばいいのでしょうか? exercise due / care でしたらなぜcareはcaring じゃないのでしょうか よろしくおねがいします。

• 英語で「~の」と言えば"of"

英語で「~の」と言えば"of"、ただし「~の専門書」の場合では"on"で、「~の一般書」 の場合は"about"を使う、と言うのが現段階の知識です。 ネットで"Officials with Central Japan Railway Company say they suffered losses due to a two-hour service disruption."の英文と、「JR東海の担当者は、2時間の ダイヤの乱れで損害を被った。」の訳を見ました。 この場合、"Officials of ~"では間違いでしょうか? 即ち、"with"を使った事に、特別な意味があるのでしょうか? 尚、文頭に記した「~の」と言えば"of"の先入観があるので、他の単語で「~の」が 有ればご教授下さい。

• よろしくお願いします

My sister has recently got engaged to a man I’ve never met. I’m happy for her as she sounds happy. She has now asked me to be her matron of honor and with my understanding of the responsibilities, I feel I cannot properly fill the duties. When I was getting married, she showed up hung over to my shower, canceled my bachelorette party the day of as “she had to work,” only to find out she went to be with her boyfriend, and purposely told me a later time for a bridesmaid dress appointment so she had her dress picked out by the time I got there. fill the dutiesは「役目を果たす」でしょうか?あと、showed up hung over to my showerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• power of attorney

My soon-to-be ex-wife and I live on the West Coast, while my 92-year-old mother lives in a senior facility in New York. She is happy there. She is still mentally sharp, but her body is starting to become frail. My wife has become the primary caregiver for Mom. She visits a few times a year and pampers Mom with pedicures, foot massages, etc. She also has Mom's power of attorney for her financial affairs, and hence the dilemma. power of attorney for her financial affairsとは簡単に言うとどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• of

英語やり直し組です "this new cycle of Iraq films that are coming out, which really are again mostly about the home front, seem to really portray a very skeptical home front populous, soldiers returning with criticism of the way the war was handled, attempts of covering up crimes and so on." (1)attempts of coveringのofについて attemptはat doingで「~する試み」だったと思うのですがofでいいのでしょうか? ofには強い繋がりが感じられるので大丈夫のような気もしますが、もしいいのならforなどでもいいのでしょうか?またat donigとの違いは何なのでしょうか? He tries to convince her not to go see what's left of him (2)of himのofについて これも強い繋がりでofなのかもしれませんが、私にはaboutやonが真っ先に浮かびofを使っていいのかどうかがよくわかりません。。。 こちらもonとofの違いがいまいちわかりません。。違いは何なのでしょうか? お願いします。。

• 不動産取引の譲渡

米国法からです。 不動産取引の契約を第三者に譲渡できないのは第三者にリスクを増大させる危険性があるからでしょうか。 文献は次の通りです。 Moss entered into a contract to purchase certain real property from Shinn. This means that the contract is nonassignable as a matter of law and assignment is ineffective if a risk or duty of a party to the contract is materially increased, or an exception otherwise applies.

• Contract with

お世話になります。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 We will also need to know which of the two service providers you would like to sign an Internet service contract with. contract withがどうしてこの文末にくるのでしょうか? また、withの後は文が続かなくてよいのでしょうか? 基礎的なことがわからず恐縮でございますが、 ご指導の程何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• デイリー読売

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/editorial/T111026004197.htm の記事中で Under a taxpayer-burden policy, when farm product prices decline due to cuts in tariffs and the abolition of production adjustment measures, farmers will be directly compensated with subsidies for the amount of the decline. European countries and South Korea have adopted this kind of policy in tandem with the liberalization of their markets. という英文の和訳がうまく出来ません。 どなたか分かる方ご教授願います。

• Certificate of Existence

会社存続証明書の日本語訳を宜しくお願いします。 limited liability company duly organized under the laws of the state of South Carolina on June 24th, 2010, with a duration that is at will, has as of this date filed all reports due this office, paid all fees, taxes and penalties owed to the secretary of state, that the secretary of the state has not mailed notice to the company that it is subject to begin dissolved by administrative action pursuant to section 33-44--809 of the South Carolina Code, and that the company has not filed articles of termination as of the date hereof. 自分の英語力では難しく、英語が堪能な方宜しくお願いします

• 次の英文を訳してください

Due to the declining birthrate, Japan will soon see the number of applicants to colleges fall to equal that of students accepted by such higher institutions. This phenomenon is expected to occur in April 2007. Colleges are making painstaking efforts to attract an increasing number of prospective students. This struggle for survival will apply not only to private colleges but also to national universities whose status has been changed to that of independent administrative agencies.