英語について教えてもらうとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • "Repeatedly works fine, but it sounds just a little bit unnatural."
  • "Against my better judgement" feels more like you're saying you made a mistake.
  • "Way too many times" is like saying you've listened to it a ton of times.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **Repeatedly works fine, but it sounds just a little bit unnatural. "Again and again" is one way you could say it. "On repeat" is a newer way of saying it because it refers to how you can set a DVD player or an iPod etc to play a movie or a song over and over again. "Against my better judgement" feels more like you're saying you made a mistake. Someone might say "I called my ex-girlfriend last night, against my better judgement." "Way too many times" is like saying you've listened to it a ton of times, so much that it's an unreasonable amount. You could say that about something you didn't enjoy ("My brother made me watch that movie way too many times..") but it's not weird to say it about something you did enjoy. It's kind of like saying something happened so much that it's strange.

noname#210645
noname#210645
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • eternulo
  • ベストアンサー率59% (26/44)
回答No.1

**Repeatedly works fine, but it sounds just a little bit unnatural. "Again and again" is one way you could say it. "On repeat" is a newer way of saying it because it refers to how you can set a DVD player or an iPod etc to play a movie or a song over and over again. Repeatedly は問題なく通じるけど、すこし不自然に響く。”Again and agin” とも言える。”On repeat” はDVD プレイヤーとかiPodとかで映画や音楽を全編繰り返し再生するように設定することからきた、新しい言い方。 "Against my better judgement" feels more like you're saying you made a mistake. Someone might say "I called my ex-girlfriend last night, against my better judgement.” “against my better judgment” はなにかあなたが間違いを犯したと言っているような感じがする。”I called my ex-girlfriend last night, against my better judgment(良くないとわかっていながら、昨日の夜元カノに電話をした)” なんて言うひとがいるかもしれない。 "Way too many times" is like saying you've listened to it a ton of times, so much that it's an unreasonable amount. You could say that about something you didn't enjoy ("My brother made me watch that movie way too many times..") but it's not weird to say it about something you did enjoy. It's kind of like saying something happened so much that it's strange. “Way too many times” は、まるであなたが、普通ではないほどに大量の回数、ものすごく何度もそれを聞いたと言っているみたい。嫌々でやったことにならそれは言えるけど(”My brother made me watch that movie way too many times.. (弟にその映画を何度も何度も無理矢理見せられた)”)*楽しんだことでそれを言うのは変。それが何度も起こったことが変だって言っているようなもの。 —————————————————————— *をつけた所の訳文は、直訳するなら「楽しんだことでそれを言うのは変ではない」となりますが、それでは前後の文脈とあわないためおそらく原文”it’s not “のnotは消し忘れかと思い、ないものとして訳しました。

noname#210645
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 最後の文の訳し方について、説明いただき納得できた為、こちらをベストアンサーとします。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

"Repeatedly"は英語として通じるよ、でもちょっと不自然に聞こえるかな。"Again and again"と言った方がいいね。"On repeat"とは絶対に言わないのはなぜかっていうと、それはDVDプレイヤーやiPodとかで延々と映画を見たり音楽を聞いたりするように設定することを指してるから。 "Again my better judgment"と言うと君が少し間違いを犯したような感じになるね。 「自身の良識に逆らって、元カノに昨夜電話した。」("I called my ex-girlfriend last night, against my better judgement.")みたいな感じで言うよ。 "Way too many times"は何度も(同じことを)聞いてきて、もう聞いた回数が理不尽な回数になったとき様なときに言うよ。同様に、なにか楽しめなかったことに対しても言うことができるね。例えば「私の兄弟にその映画を何度も見せられたんですよね。。」("My brother made me watch that movie way too many times..")みたいな。でも、何か楽しんだことに対して言っても不自然ではないよ。もはやおかしく感じるぐらい何かが起こるのを繰り返したときに言うような感じかな。 まあこんなかんじです。

noname#210645
質問者

お礼

分かりやすく訳して頂きありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします!

次の英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) His jaw is set hard. Comments like "It is not what you said but the way that you said it," or "Why did you say it like that?" or "Obviously it's not nothing; something's wrong," are responses to metamessage of talk. Such requests as "Skip the small talk," "Get to the point," or "Why don't you say what you mean?" may seem to be reasonable. お願いします。

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

僕に海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けると有り難いです。よろしくお願いします。 * If you say "it does not serve as a bed" that typically means that it is not able to be used as a bed.  In the next sentence you mention that sometimes you like to sleep in it, so a better way to describe what you're saying could be... "A kotatsu will serve as a table, but it's not intended to be used as a bed." This way you're saying that it's not supposed to be a bed, but you could use it that way if you really wanted to. * I wasn't sure if this is what you were trying to say so I guessed.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **I think this is what you meant by "sense." If someone says you have good taste, they're saying that they admire your ability to appreciate things. It probably means that either both of you like the same thing. If I said it to someone who I did not agree with it would be strange because then I am implying that I have bad taste haha. You can be more specific, like I could say "She has good taste in shoes," which means that I think (whoever she is) has a really good idea of what a good shoe is. "Sense" can be used to express a similar idea though. If I say you have a nice sense of style, it means that I probably think your clothes are cool or the way you decorated your room is cool etc. It's most typically used with "sense of style/fashion" though I think I could probably say something like "You have a nice sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," but it's much easier to say "you know how to bake a good cake." If someone actually does say "someone has a good sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," they're probably trying to communicate that this person is so good at baking cakes that they naturally know what makes it better... It's like how we have a "sense of smell" or a "sense of hearing." That person is so good at baking cakes that it's like they have a "sense of cake."

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **You could also say "I think movie making is very complicated." "Movie making" = the process of making a movie. I think you might be able to say this with other things too (cake making, song making etc.)... I'm not sure though. **"Only 3 months?" isn't technically a complete sentence, but a sentence like that is fine to write in a letter or to say while talking to someone. If you wanted to actually make it complete you could say "It only took you 3 months?" You probably knew all this anyway, but I wanted to clarify just in case. The only place where it would probably matter for you to make it a complete sentence is if you were writing an English paper. **"I have listened to it." is grammatically correct, but it's much more common to simply say "I have," if someone asks you if you've done something. Just like "Only 3 months?" though, "I have" is not a complete sentence. Again, it's probably not a big deal unless you're doing something where grammar is really important.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? ***"check it out/check that out" is just a way of saying "look at this/that!" You can say it about pretty much anything like a song, movie, book, TV Show, website etc. Some people will say things like "check her out" or "check him out," and when they do that it has a sexual connotation.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が僕の英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? In English, the rules on starting a sentence with the word "but" are kind of weird. It's fine in an informal setting like this, but if you were writing something where grammar was super important (like an English assignment or something) you might want to start another way. It's easy to replace it with something else/restructure the sentence like

• 和訳をお願いします。

【1】  At last l was in Japan. l stepped out of the plane into the Narita Airport building for the first time. l was walking towards immigration when 1 saw it. It was the first time in my life. Two Japanese were standing in front of each other bowing, bowing, and bowing. They seemed to bow for even There was something else though - something very shocking. They were saying many things, but I could not understand. For the first time, l was in a country where I could not even guess a single word of the local language. To me, whatever those two people were saying to each other, it just sounded like noise. However, I could pick up one of the sounds very clearly. It was DOMO.  On the way out of the airport, I could hear again and again that same domo l had to find out what it was. Walking right beside me was a French businessman on his second two-day trip to Japan. He looked like an expert on things Japanese. “Well” he said, “my experience has taught me that it means something like thank you." Then he went on explaining:. "Whenever you want to thank anyone for anything and be polite at the same tune. just say ‘domo and it will be all right. And don*t forget. You have to bow every time you say thank you.* On hearing that I said to myself‘Oh, this is a very useful expression. I must remember it”

• 和訳してください!

昔の友人?恋人のような男性から2年ぶりに連絡が来ましたがあまりにも自分が英語を忘れすぎて彼のメッセージが正確に理解できません。。。なんとなくはわかるのですが正確に知りたいので分かる方、和訳お願いいたします。 自分の名前はAとしています。 I am glad that u are fine...i am good too ... i wanna say a couple of things to you! Back there, when we were at LA, i thing that didn't treated you the way that you deserve, and i wanna say really sorry aboute that A...you deserve to know that i have a lot of good memories about you and the good times that we had in LA I know that all this things happened a long time ago, but i want to say sorry to you anyway... U always were so nice to me, and back there i was to young and too immature to know that... So, this is your Brazilian friend saying sorry to you about something that happened almost 2 years ago, but still care about that...i know that we live really far way, but anyway, i wanna be ok with you Miss you A

• 和訳をお願いします。長いです‥

和訳をお願いします。長いです‥ When we met it was so nice, but it's not the time we spend together that was like a dream ... it's you ... you are a dream ... and when I think of you or when I look at your picture ... it gives me a happy feeling, but also such an empty feeling, because we're so far apart and I don't know when we can meet again. If it's possible for us to meet again I will make it happen ... it doesn't matter if I need to travel to Japan ... go to the US ... I'll even fly to the moon just to meet you ... But if we can choose ... maybe we should choose a place that not so warm as Osaka in summer :) On my flight back I indeed got a very nice view of Fuji-san ... I'm sorry that the photo doesn't show how nice it really was. Did you go half way? It must really be nice! Actually do you want to go all the way to the top? Yes let's do that ... you and I, together we can walk all the way to top of mount Fuji and enjoy the view ... But we have to wait till July or August next year ... Do you know I followed a mountain climbing course and I climbed some summits in the Alps (Austria, close to the Italian border). And I also climbed Mount Meru (4566 meters) in Tanzania ... that's the mountain next to the Kilimanjaro (the highest mountain of Africa). So I was on the top of Mount Meru during sunrise. Only Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru were above the clouds and then ... the sun was rising from behind the Kilimanjaro ... soooo nice ... I got tears in my eyes. ... next time we meet or the time after that or after that ... I'll try to make it special for you ... so that you can say it was like a dream ... just like you are special for me and I can say you are like a dream for me ...

• これの和訳を教えてください

Listen to what the speaker is saying. Don't tune the speaker out because you don't like something about him/her or the message. Be sure you understand something before you reject it.