Chester Bennington's Untold History with Stone Temple Pilots

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the unknown past of Chester Bennington, the new frontman of Stone Temple Pilots.
  • Explore Chester Bennington's connection with Stone Temple Pilots dating back to 2001.
  • Uncover the surprising friendship between Chester Bennington and Scott Weiland.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

What many people don't know about new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington is his history with the band goes back to 2001. He actually sang frequently with STP during the 2001 Family Values tour which featured STP and Linkin Park. He mainly performed “Dead and Bloated,” and sang “Wonderful” as well, off of Shangri LA DEE DA. Bennington and Scott Weiland were actually friends for several years (Bennington idolized Weiland as a teenager), but I highly doubt they're sending each other Christmas cards now.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

ストーン・テンプル・パイロッツの新任フロントマン、 チェスター・ベニントンについて、あまり知られていないのは、 彼のバンドキャリアが2001年にまで遡るということだ。 実際彼は2001年を通して行なわれた『家族の価値ツアー』 (これにはストテンとリンキンパークが出演した) においても、ストテンと度々共演している。 彼は『死後膨張』を演奏し、また『上海ラディーダ』の挿入歌『ワンダフル』を歌った。 ベニントンとウェイランドは数年に亘って友人であったが (10代の頃のベニントンのアイドルはウェイランドであった) 今も尚、互いにクリスマスカードをやり取りしているというのは、 かなりの程度疑わしい。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington discussed joining STP on his Twitter page last night: Just played the first show with STP! It was fucking AMAZING! FYI, I will never leave Linkin Park. We are currently working on a new record and its awesome! For those wondering about STP's history with Chester Bennington, on the 2001 Family Values Tour Bennington joined the band to perform on select songs. Bennington has often cited STP as one of his favorite bands and Scott Weiland as one of his main influences vocally.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots have deleted everything on their official website StoneTemplePilots.com, and have replaced it with a large message containing their short February 27th press release announcing the firing of Scott Weiland. Weiland has disputed in the press that he's been fired, proclaiming that he is still STP's frontman. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots(STP)』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Former Guns N’ Roses/Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum commented on Stone Temple Pilots’ new track “Out of Time” featuring their new frontman Chester Bennington on his Twitter page: @truckstopcowboy it reminds me of a VR riff He also said “no kidding” when a fan said after STP's first performance with Bennington that Velvet Revolver had found their new frontman. Sorum had a bad falling out with Scott Weiland in 2008 when he left Velvet Revolver. Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx also commented on STP's new lineup on Twitter: So happy for the DeLeo brothers on their collaboration with @ChesterBe on the new STP.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive." Weiland recently embarked on a new run of solo tour dates beginning on August 2 in Los Angeles. As with his other shows earlier in the year, Weiland is playing material from STP's first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", as well as a smattering of covers, solo tunes and other STP tracks. Weiland's use of STP songs in his solo shows was reportedly one of the reasons why the band sacked and then sued him. The band members claim that this, along with his erratic behavior and substance abuse issues, damaged their career.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington tweeted the following last night, confirming that Stone Temple Pilots plan to continue writing for their 7th studio album shortly: Can't wait to get back to LA and write with LP and STP!! May 30th. Come see me play with STP, Slash and Duff McKeagan for the 9th annual MusicCares MAP fund. Go to http://GRAMMY.org/musicares Slash and Duff McKagan were already announced to perform at the show, but it wasn't known that Bennington would be performing with them. This means that in one night, Bennington will front STP and perform with two members of Velvet Revolver.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

CHESTER BENNINGTON DISCUSSES DIFFERENCES BETWEEN WRITING WITH STONE TEMPLE PILOTS & LINKIN PARK All four members of Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington responded to questions from fans in a recent Instagram Q&A. Bennington says his favorite song from the new High Rise EP is “Black Heart” and his all time STP favorites are “Piece of Pie” and “Still Remains.” Bennington goes on to detail his 2 bands' songwriting methods saying Linkin Park writes separately in small groups while STP currently jam together as a group. He says, “Being a part of watching these guys fall back in love with the process of making music and playing live has been a real special treat.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter frontman Richard Patrick was interviewed on the Cousin Joe show yesterday, likely before his comments on Facebook, and the hosts asked Patrick what he thought about Chester Bennington replacing Scott Weiland in Stone Temple Pilots, especially considering his history with the DeLeo brothers in Army of Anyone. Below is Patrick's response:

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

BENNINGTON GIVES UPDATE ON STP RECORDING SESSIONS, BAND TO RELEASE “OUT OF TIME” IN U.K. Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington gave a brief update on STP's current recording sessions in a new interview with PhilStar, “We enjoy our families. I have a lot of kids. If I'm not with Linkin Park, I'm working with other people. I've been working with Stone Temple Pilots and we're making great music together.” STP will release “Out of Time” as a single on July 15th in the United Kingdom through Spinefarm Records in the UK. Spinefarm is a heavy metal label, so it's an interesting choice for STP to go with that label for the release of Out of Time. STP self-released the track in the United States in May. ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『Linkin Park』はバンド名、『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Out of Time』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Weiland also has his own issues with his former mates as he feels their continuance with Chester Bennington as a lead vocalist also violates the aforementioned legal documents. Both sides currently have suits against each other trying to decide who has the rights to perform the music and use the name. As for the solo tour, Weiland kicks things off on the West Coast with a two-night stand at the Viper Room in West Hollywood, Calif. Aug. 2 and 3. The trek runs through an Aug. 24 finale in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Weiland and the Wildabouts recently concluded their spring leg of dates and the vocalist will spend a majority of the summer with his new bride as they enjoy their first few months of marriage. ※『Scott Weiland』『Chester Bennington』は人物名、『Stone Temple Pilots』『the Wildabouts』はバンド名、『the Viper Room』はナイトクラブ名です。