YAHOO! ANSWERSでの質問延長手続きの疑問について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • YAHOO! ANSWERSでの質問延長手続きについて疑問があります。
  • 質問を延長することは一度だけ可能で、延長するとさらに4日または1週間延長されます。
  • 疑問点として、延長の指示文の解釈や期間の表現に疑問があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

分からない英文があります。

またお世話になります。よろしくお願い致します。 YAHOO! ANSWERSでの質問延長手続きの疑問に対する解答の部分です。 your question can only be extend once Once you extend your question you will get another 4 days or 1 week If your question was up for 3 days extend the question it will be up for 7 days. http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100101180840AA0YJXu 「あなたの質問は1回だけ延長することができます。 一旦延長すると余分に4日間または1週間延長できます。」 最後の一行がよく分からないのです。 「もしあなたの質問が3日間掲載されているなら、延長すれば、7日間掲載されるようになるでしょう」 と解釈したのですが、 「extend the question」を命令文と解釈して、「~しなさい、そうすれば・・・」の構文とすると itの前に「. and」が必要ですよね?・・・Q1 他に1行目でonlyとonceが離れていますが、「1回だけ」とonlyをonceに掛けてよいのか?・・・Q2 「4日間または1週間延長できる」という表現もよく意味が分からない。・・・Q3 いろいろ疑問点があるのですが、一つだけでもよいので、よろしくお願い致します。

• da23
  • お礼率96% (597/620)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

another 4 days = 更に4日間 = 4日間延長 or 1 week = つまり(延長後の総日数が)1週間 ということでしょう。 多分、当初の掲載期間が3日 延長すると、さらに4日間プラスで、合計7日間 という計算では? あと、構文的にはご質問者のおっしゃる通りで、andが要りますね。 onlyとonceが離れているのは、そういうこともよくあります。 日本語でも「一度だけ」と言わずに「一度延長できるだけです」のように言うことがありますよね。

da23
質問者

お礼

大変詳しいご回答どうもありがとうございます。 Q3は「get 1 week」と繋がってたのですね。 Q1は、命令文で構文的にはandが必要ということですね。安心しました。 Q3のonlyの使い方についても納得しました。 どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.3

ご質問のオリジナルを見てまいりました。 Q1:これは回答者がカンマなどを使って長い文章にする代わりに段落を切って答えているので、構文的なことは考えていないのではと思います。私だったら、to extend the period will be up to a 7 daysみたいに答えるかなと。 Q2:はい、これはかけていいと思います。 Q3:ここの部分ですが、私も意味がわからず、Yahoo Account helpを見てみました。 http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN4191 そうしたところ、一回の質問が公開されるのは4日が限度だけれど、答えがない場合、質問が削除される前に1度だけの延長に限りさらに4日、トータル8日あなたの質問が表示されるとありましたので、延長しなければ4日、すれば連続で1週間という意味ではないでしょうか。

da23
質問者

お礼

ご回答どうもありがとうございます。 Q1はやはり構文的にはおかしいのですね。 ピリオドも打っていないので、もしかしたら文構造も 適当なのかな、と思ったのですが、もしかしたら 「,and」の省略はありだったかな、またとんでもない 読み違いをしてるのかもしれない(Q3のように)と 思い、質問させて頂きました。 Q2、onlyの掛かり方も不安がありましたので、安心しました。どうもありがとうございました。 Q3、どうもありがとうございます!   実はこの記載を探すために、googleで検索を   掛けて調べていました。   お蔭でyahoo!answersの延長システムが   理解できました! >延長しなければ4日、 すれば連続で1週間という意味ではないでしょうか。 こちらに関してですが、質問されたのが2010年なの で、当時の初期の掲載期間は3日間でその後に  4日間に延長されたという可能性もあるのかな  と思いました。

noname#185525
noname#185525
回答No.1

up for 3 daysは残りが3日という意味です。後は自動的にわかると思います。

da23
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。 他の方の回答なども併せて読みまして、分かってきました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈で分からない所があります。

お世話になります。よろしくお願いします。 If the question is 'in voting', you can no longer extend the question. You can extend this one and your leaving school question, but not your 'how to get rid of' question. to do so, go to the question and hover your mouse over EDIT(the pencil icon), then click the extend question button. http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100605180403AARXk6X 分からないのは、 Q1 、2行目の「leaving school question」の文中での位置付けと意味 Q2 、2段目の「hover your mouse over EDIT」のhoverが自動詞にも拘らず「your mouse」が    目的語のようになっている点 です。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 On the day you meet he will impress you, and in the days and hours afterwards he will haunt you. That is the only word for it. He will make an impact on the depth of your being that barely registers, except that in the time that follows you will not be able to think of any man but him.. He will seem striking, alluring in some way that you cannot fathom, and which has nothing to do with his looks, as though a chord is struck in your deeper soul, or the innermost chambers of your being. You will recognize him, not only from the description, which is in a sense quite bland, but something inside of you will be mesmerized. All day and days afterwards he will have stamped his indelible impression on your mind and you’ll keep thinking back to him, to the meeting, to the man, to the warm kindling feeling inside of you. Like a curtain of a dream it will drop across you life. It will be that mystical, that beautiful, yet real and solid too.

• 英文の和訳希望

下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分はないと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He will look at you with a strange gaze, eyes that seem to look deep into your soul. And a disorientation, a meeting or minds. And this will be love. Like a fascinating moment frozen in time. It will register on some other level. And all next day and day after you will think of him, your thoughts will return to linger over him, without you control. He will think of you, in the same way. He will remember you. Without really knowing it a new chapter in your life, and his will begin that day. You will recognize him, not only from the descriptions but because something in the depth of your soul will be so irresistibly drawn to him. The deep mind will know even if the conscious mind does not. It is always the way. Yet this is just a glance, the look of love.

• PayPal から何回も英文メールが届きます

PayPalという全然知らないアクセスもした事もないから下記に記してある英文メールが何回も届くようになり困っています。恐くてたまりません。英文のため何と書いてあるかもわからずどうしていいかわかりません。  Dear Customer, Your Account Will Be Suspended . 1:Question: Why my account will be suspended ? 1:Answer: 1. You Received a unauthorised payment . 2. You have exceeded the sending money limit. 3. Multiple IP ( Internet protocol ) recentely accessed your account . 2:Question: How can i avoid suspending my account ? 2:Answer: By downloading the html attached to this email,and fallowing the instructions inside it. 3:Question: When my account will be ready to use ? 3:Answer: After completing the instructions inside the attachment , your account will be instantely ready to use. Sincerely, PayPal このままほっといてよいのかわかりません。おおげさかもしれませんがメールやインターネットをするのが怖くなりました。メールの内容がわかられる方、もしくは詳しい方がおられましたらアドバイスをお願いいたします。

• 英文和訳お願いいたします;;

英文和訳;よろしくお願いいたします。 英文わかりません; 下記よろしくお願いいたします。 www.LifeProof.com Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser. Dear LifeProof’ers, We have started to roll out your LifeProof purchase links today! We want to reserve your priority in the pre-order process according to those customers who have been waiting the longest. We will be sending out purchase links in that order on a rolling basis over the next five days. Once you have received your link you will have five days to finalize your order. So that you can continue your priority, be sure to activate this order as soon as possible as shipments will be processed in sequence with those who finalize their purchase. Let’s Go! Your LifeProof Team follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend Copyright © 2011 TreeFrog Developments Inc., All rights reserved. You are receiving this email because you signed up for an exclusive chance to be among the first to order your LifeProof case. Our mailing address is: TreeFrog Developments Inc. 4875 Viewridge Ave. San Diego, California 92123 Add us to your address book unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

• この英文の意味を教えてください。

施設に入所したさいに感じる孤独についてまず言及があり、つぎの文がつづいています。 You will feel the freedom taken away from you, only to be remembered and to be preaised. 人は自由を取り上げられた(奪われた)という感をいだくだろう まではなんとなくわかるのですが、only to be ~からがイマイチよくわかりません。どなたかお教えください。

• MacUpdateのDesktop memberを解除したい

MacUpdateでソフトウェアを購入するのにユーザ登録をしたら自動的にDesktop memberになっていました。 英語がどうにもややこして7日間放置しておくと自動でフリーメンバーになるのか、 それともこのままのDesktop memberでいたければ7日間放置して請求を待てと書いているのか判りません。 http://www.macupdate.com/my-payments.php のページで 「Please note: If you just recently became a MacUpdate member and have not purchased a membership, your account will be marked as a Desktop account at $39.95. This will last for 7 days and is part of our free trial-rest assured that you have not, and will not, be automatically billed unless you elect to continue the membership.」 とあります。 画面右下にキャンセルボタンがあり 「Cancel your Desktop Membership Cancel You will continue to enjoy the benefits you have paid for until they expire.」 とあるのですが、画面を進めて 「Cancel Your Desktop Membership Your Desktop Membership is scheduled to expire on Dec 17, 2008. Click CONFIRM only if you do not want to automatically extend your Desktop Membership after that date. You will continue to enjoy all the benefits of your Desktop Membership until then, after which your account will change to a Free Membership.」 CONFIRMをクリックしましたが全く変化がありません。 これは放置していればいいのでしょうか? それとも他に手続きが必要なのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• ベストアンサー
    • Mac
  • 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Once you give your heart, your love is unchanging, eternal, and this man in your eyes will be forgiven most past faults, or given a second chance. Once you find love, you are reliable and discreet, helpful and capable of organizing your partners life as well as looking after him, practical and serious, you pay attention to the smaller details of love and your partners needs. This may encourage you lover to be selfish or thoughtless. He may not appreciate you because you are modest and don't point out the many invisible things you do for him, the effort of your caring, and thoughtfulness the making everything just right for him. You are capable of such great loyalty and devotion on the emotional level. Your soul mate is a shining star, a man who has met the high standard that your soul desires. But you demand little in return from him, so you may be taken for granted, once the love become old and settled.

• 英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。送料と値引きの事でメールが来ました。 すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Sorry that's my mistake. After the store credit for your missing stock the total will be $AAAA. However, the 10% discount only applies on larger orders of over $200. Therefore to this order I would not be able to apply the 10%. Let me know please if you'd like to add up to your order and I will then change the invoice accordingly adding the discount. If you are happy to have it as it is I will take the $10 for the missing stock off of your invoice and will email you the updated one.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です、支払いとインボイスと送料の事でメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 That's fine. I took off the invoice whatever you decided you did not want. Please find attached an updated invoice. Please note that I did not put shipping charge on as I do not know yet how many boxes do I need to charge for until your order has been packed. Please make payment for the stock only for now asap so that we could start packing (please note that our policy has now changed and we can only start packing once the order has been paid for). Once I know how many boxes will there be I will make another invoice for shipping only and payment will need to be done separately.