• ベストアンサー

英文を和訳して下さい。

Wouldn't you like to know it! (念の為に申し添えますが、Wouldn't you know it! ではありません。)

• 英語
  • 回答数7
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.2

would likeはwantの丁寧な言い方ですね。  You would like to know it.を否定文にすると、You wouldn't like to know it.  それを疑問文にすると、Wouldn't you like know it?で、単に尋ねる普通の疑問文と異なり、Yesという肯定の答えを期待しています。さらに、?を!にするとそれが強まる感じになります。 「それって、知りたくないですか!(いや、知りたいですよね!)」

kimko379
質問者

お礼

有難う御座いました。

kimko379
質問者

補足

Wouldn't you know it! が、辞書に「ああ、やっぱりね!」と訳してありますので、もっと違う意訳がある筈ですが・・・?

その他の回答 (6)

noname#177577
noname#177577
回答No.7

どうも、翻訳ということを甘く見ておいでのようで。  コミックを見ている人には、「それだけ」なんでしょうけど、見ていない絵は文章などでは伝わりませんよ。  たとえば、「モナリザ」を、おおよそでいいから模写できるように説明できるかを考えれば分かります。不可能です。たとえば「謎の微笑」なんて言われても、見ない限り分かりません。そして、あの微笑は「謎の微笑」以上に適した説明は、ほとんどないでしょうね。もちろん、その微笑なしではモナリザの模写とは言えません。  さらに、コミックであれば、回を重ねるに従い、登場人物に背景ができてきます。そこも含めないと、翻訳などできません。  仮に英語に自信が無くても、見た人が見たままに解釈するのがよいです。たいていのコミックは台詞については、誰でも分かるように工夫されていますので。ただし、絵とセットで見ない限り、分からないものです。

kimko379
質問者

お礼

有難う御座いました。

kimko379
質問者

補足

cozycube1様:お名前を元に戻しておかれましても宜しう御座います。間違ってブロックしていましたのを解除しましたので。

noname#177577
noname#177577
回答No.6

>最後の文の話者は始終いたずらをして校長室に行かされる悪ガキです。宜しく解釈の程をお願い致します。  いや、常識として、絵が重きであるコミックを台詞だけで訳しちゃ駄目でしょう。

kimko379
質問者

お礼

有難う御座いました。

kimko379
質問者

補足

絵としましては、学校のロッカー・ルームで、最後の文の話者の男の子が紙袋を持っている所に、その子と仲の悪い女の子が話し掛けている、そして最後のコマでは男の子が女の子にアカンベエをしている、それだけの絵です。他に何も動きも無い絵です。

noname#177577
noname#177577
回答No.5

いや、原文は知りません。校長でしょうか、そういう人も含めて、want toの丁寧表現として訳せばいいです。itの省略も、状況から判断してみてください。コミックなら絵も参考にすることを忘れずに。もし、何か追加があるなら、お伺いしますので、ご遠慮なくどうぞ。

kimko379
質問者

お礼

誠に有難う御座いました。

kimko379
質問者

補足

元の談話(対話)です: -What's in the big bag? -Nothing YOU need to know about. -C'mon, tell me! -Well, let's just say it's something that might come in handy today. -Why? What happens today? -We've got a history test, remember? -So what did you bring? A bomb? -Wouldn't you and the principal BOTH like to know! 最後の文の話者は始終いたずらをして校長室に行かされる悪ガキです。宜しく解釈の程をお願い致します。

noname#177577
noname#177577
回答No.4

>Wouldn't you know it! が、辞書に「ああ、やっぱりね!」と訳してありますので、もっと違う意訳がある筈ですが・・・?  それは、前後の文脈や相手を含めた状況次第ですね。英辞郎は多量の英文から、単語を含む部分だけを切り出してあることがほとんどので、使い方には注意が必要です。  たとえば、Take it easy!を調べると分かります。英辞郎には少数の訳例しかありませんが、日常的に使うシーンで、ゆうに100通り以上の使い方(≒意味)がありますよ。  お示しの文だけからは、最も無難な訳とせざるを得ません。前後の文脈や状況が分かれば、それに即して全く違う訳とすることはよくあります。  なお繰り返しになりますが、would(n't) knowとwould(n't) like to knowは違うということは認識しておく必要があります。後者は、want to knowの意味です。

kimko379
質問者

お礼

誠に有難う御座いました

kimko379
質問者

補足

本日の英字読売のマンガの例文です。Wouldn't you and the principal both like to know! が原文でした。(it はありませんでした。)前後の遣り取りを全て引用することは出来ませんが、英字紙を取っておられるでしょうから、紙面を御覧になって、文脈に即した意訳をお教え頂ければ幸いです。

回答No.3

知りたくありませんか。知りたいんでしょう!

kimko379
質問者

お礼

お世話様でした。

• papiyonys
  • ベストアンサー率30% (53/174)
回答No.1

知りたくないの!(反語的表現)

kimko379
質問者

お礼

御苦労様でした。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の構造について

Don't do things to people you wouldn't like having done to you. 『自分がやられて嫌なことは人にするな』という意味だと思うのですが質問があります。 (1) you以下ですが基本の形は you wouln't like having done things to youでしょうか? (2) wouln't like -ingは分法的にはどんな用法なのでしょうか? (would like to doは知っていますが。。)  あとhaving doneにする理由はなんでしょうか? doingはだめでしょうか?

• CNNニュースの英文の和訳をお願いします。

CNNニュースで女性のインタビューの内容が以下になるのですが、日本語の意味がつかめませんので、教えてください。宜しくお願いします。 I have really hard moments, definitely. When things aren`t, you know, going right or if a lot of times I`m by myself, I can`t do something, I can`t get to something. And I think it`s really necessary to fully experience those moments of grief, of just absolute exhaustion, and, you know, to experience them, allow to accept them, allow them to pass, and over the horizon there`s always more sunshine and more love, so you know, even in those dark, dark nights of the soul, you know, we wake up and it`s spring. So, I definitely am learning as much as possible from those moments and, you know, trying to heal, slowly but surely.

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 3つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします But what else? You may think I have told you all you could possibly want to know. It isn’t so. SOUL MATE TWO, is the same length and just as detailed as soul mate one, it follows a similar pattern, if you loved this reading you will love Soul Mate Two. Astrology is a bit like archaeology in that each additional reading on the same subject we must dig into a deeper layer of the chart and more time and work is involved. SOUL MATE THREE, if you still want more, if your spirit still has a hunger to taste the romance in your future. If it wants to look again into the mirror of time. Then Soul Mate Three is the last of these readings, it will reveal anything that is not covered in soul mate one or two. I cannot tell more than that because I never know what it will show in your particular reading until I look at your own chart, Again it is deeply penetrating and more difficult to do, because each time we look we have to go deeper it take a bit longer. May they bring love light and enlightenment into your spirit.

• 英文の和訳をお願い致します。

英語が分からないので 和訳が出来る方、お願い致します。 This web site is really a stroll-through for all the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll undoubtedly discover it.

• この英文を和訳するとどうなりますか?

Can I take it That you don't need my help And I am finally absolved a value I can face it, but I don't need anyone else Nobody does it like you do And for all the others There'll be better days ahead And while I recover I'll be wishing I was dead I've lost myself along with everyone else And now the safest place is here in my head But I've been left on my own to survive But I'm wishing I was dead Well I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong I plan to stay back, but not for long The time has passed and other things has changed So I gotta grow wings or die I don't need another reason not to die in life Tell me if I'm doing it right this time But let me know, what did you change Do you feel the same? Did it ease your pain? I've lost myself along with everyone else And now the safest place is here in my head But I've been left on my own to survive But I'm wishing I was dead You say you hate it, but you can't really tell The future is smiling right at you I'm not gonna make it, so you should save yourselfs There's no time to tell you I miss you You lack for new a frontier But I decided to stay back here Inviting my time by waiting it out Looking up to the sky this fight These weakly wings that will never take flight I don't even have the lungs to shout But I need to know, what did you change Do you feel the same? Did it ease your pain? I've lost myself along with everyone else And now the safest place is here in my head But I've been left on my own to survive But I'm wishing I was dead

• 英文問題の解説をお願いします。

某県教員採用試験の問題の並び替え問題で 私は Lisa doesn't know what it is to be a mother like. と思ったのですが、解答は Lisa doesn't know what it is a mother to be like. でした。最初の私の英文が間違いである理由を教えていただきたいです。 ちなみに日本語訳なしの並び替えです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳お願いします

You should accept the (important) of not making excuses for what you do. Excuses are everywhere. In school, if you do not do (good) in an examination, you do not say it is because you didn't prepare enough for it but instead blame it on the teacher who set difficult questions on the exam. In sport, if your team loses, you put it fown to things the opponents did unfairly or other factors like refereeing decisions.  If you cannot make it in a job interview, you blame it on the interviewer or the employment system. You can, however, be one who (make) no excuses. Making excuses just stops you from improving or working harder. Instead, admitting that others are better than you can be a (positively) experience because you can use it as your motivation to become even better than them. (Cutting) excuses and you will have more chances to get ahead in life. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。 お願いします。

• 和訳してください

What would you like out of this? What would you like the photograph to say about you. Do you find that being a psychic impacts much on your day-to-day life? Like to like get to know the person お願いします

• 英文の和訳を教えて下さい

ホテルの空室確認のメールをしたところ、返信がなかったので メールが届いているかという内容で、メールを送ったところこの様に返信が来ました。 上手く訳せないので、教えて下さい。 I have forwarded you the email that we did send to you. Please let me know if you did or did not receive it this time. お願いします。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。902

You don’t think I know what you’re going through? I didn’t grow up in the Cosby family. You think every other family I lived with was like this? No, I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s wasted out of their mind. I know what that stuff does to people. Which is why I’ll never do it myself. Silver, look, you gotta trust my dad. At least trust me. No, I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s wasted out of their mind. の部分なのですが、構文what it's like to beを意訳を入れて説明して頂ければありがたいです。アルコール中毒の母親に苦しむ娘(白人)とその彼氏(黒人)との会話です。