• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:長文英語)

Philosophers' search for the truth resembles a detective story

saysheの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

Philosophers' search for the truth resembles a detective story. 哲学者が真理を探し求めることは、探偵小説に似ています。 Some think Andersen was murderer, (others) think it was Nielsen or Jensen. アンダーソンが殺人者だと考える人もいますし、殺人者は、ニールセンかジェンセンだと考える人もいます。 The police are sometimes able to solve a real crime. 警察が、実際の犯罪を解決する時もあります。 But it is equally possible that they never get to the bottom of it, although there is a solution somewhere. しかし、答えがどこかにあっても、彼らがその真相の究明に至らない事も等しくありえます。 So even if it is difficult to answer a question, there may be one ― and only one ― right answer. それで、疑問に答えるのが、たとえ難しくても、正解が、1つ ― それも、1つだけ ― あるかもしれません。 Either there is a kind of existence after death ― (イ. or)there is not. 死後の世界は、存在する ― あるいは、存在しない。 Philosophy has ウ(its origin in man's sense of wonder). 哲学は、人間の不思議に思う感覚にその起源があります。 Man thinks it is so astonishing to be alive that philosophical questions arise of their own accord. 人間は、生きていることが大変驚くべきことと考えるので、哲学的な疑問が、自発的に生じるのです。 It is like watching a magic trick. それは、手品を見ることと似ています。 We cannot understand how it is done. 私たちは、それがどの様になされるのか理解できません。 So we ask : how can the magician change a couple of white silk scarves into a live rabbit? それで、私たちは、尋ねます:どの様にして、奇術師は、2枚の白い絹のスカーフを生きたウサギに変えることが出来るのか? A lot of people experience the world with the same incredulity as when a magician suddenly pulls a rabbit out of a hat which has just been shown to them empty. 多くの人々が、奇術師が、何も入っていない事を示したばかりの帽子からウサギを突然引き出す時と同じような不可思議さでいっぱいの世界を体験します。 In the case of the rabbit, we know the magician has tricked us. ウサギの場合には、私たちは、奇術師が、私たちに手品をしたのだと分かります。 What we would like to know is just how he did it. 私たちが知りたいと思うのは、どの様にして彼がその手品を行ったかと言うことだけです。 But when it comes to the world it's somewhat different. しかし、世界のこととなると、幾分違ってきます。 We know that the world is not all sleight of hand and deception because here we are in it : we are part of it. 私たちは、世界が、全くの手品とまやかしばかりとは限らないと言うことを知っています、なぜならば、私たちが、その中にいて:私たちが、その一部であるからです。 【Actyally, we are the white rabbit is that the rabbit does not realize it is taking part in amagic trick. ⇒ Actually, we may be the white rabbit, but the rabbit does not realize it is taking part in a magic tric. の様な文の写し間違いでは?】 実際、私たちは、白ウサギかもしれませんが、ウサギは、自分が手品に参加していることに気付いていません。 We do. 私たちは、気付いています。 We feel we are part of something mysterious and we would like to know how it all works. 私たちは、自分が何か不可思議なものの一部であると感じています、それで、私たちは、その全てがどの様な働きをするのか知りたいと思うのです。

za_bes
質問者

お礼

途中、元々2文あった文章を私が見間違えて1文として写し間違えていました(>_<)すみませんでした! それでも丁寧に回答してくださってありがとうございました!!

関連するQ&A

• 難しい英語長文 教えてください!

(1) We give little thought to the machinery that generates the sunlight that makes life possible, to the gravity that glues us to an Earth that would otherwise send us spinning off into space, or to the atoms of which we are made and on whose stability we fundamentally depend. 「我々は、生活を可能にする日光を生み出す仕組み、もしそうで(重力が)なければ、(地球の遠心力で)我々を宇宙に振り払ってしまう地球にとどまらせる重力、我々を構成する原子や我々が基本的に依存するその安定性に対してほとんど考えが及ばない」 このように訳しました。もう少し美しく訳したいのですが、お知恵を貸してください。また...an Earth that would otherwise...の文ですが、このthatは関係代名詞でan Earthを修飾していると思うのですが、どのように訳せば自然になるでしょうか。また、なぜ「地球」をan Earthとしているのでしょうか。the Earthの方がしっくりくるのですが。 (2) Few of us spend much time wondering why nature is the way it is; where the cosmos came from, or whether it was always here; if time will one day flow backward and effects precede causes; or whether there are ultimate limits to what humans can know. 「我々はなぜ自然が今のようなあり方であるか、どこから宇宙は来たのか、またはそれ(宇宙)がいつもここにあったのか、時間がいつの日か逆行したり、結果が原因を先行するか、人間が知ることが出来る究極的な限界があるかどうかなどということについて、あれこれ考えたりする時間をほとんど持たない」 このように訳してみましたが、どうでしょうか。2・3行目はあまり自信がありません。また、少し疑問思ったのですが、この文章全体、セミコロンの並列が目立つように思うのですが、コロンでは駄目なのでしょうか。これらの記号にはどのような機能があるのか教えてください。 (3) I have met some of them, who want to know what a black hole looks like; what is the smallest piece of matter; why we remember the past and not the future; how it is, if there was chaos early, that there is, apparently, order today; and why there is a universe. この英文での質問は、how it is, if there was chaos early, that there is, apparently, order today;の部分なんですが、「もしずっと昔に混沌があったとすれば、どのように今日明らかにあるように、秩序があるのか」のような意味だと思うのですが、文法的にhow it isのitは何であるのでしょうか。that節の形式主語かなとも思いましたが、自信がありません。 (4) In our society, it is still customary for parents and teachers to answer most of these questions with a shrug, or with an appeal to vaguely recalled religious precepts. 文としては形式主語のitの構文でわかりやすいのですが、with an appeal to vaguely recalled religious precepts の部分がどう訳せばいいのか分かりません。お願いします。 ずいぶん長々と質問させてもらいましたが、どれか1つでもいいので、ご教授お願いします。

• 英語のWh―移動について

こんにちわ。英語の混成言語の文についてご質問があります。 以下の英文には、それぞれ使い方がおかしい個所があります。その個所がどこなのか、分からないところがあります。こうではないのか?この答えはおかしい、と思うところがありましたら、是非参考にさせていただきたいので、ご指摘よろしくお願いいたします。 (1)It is interesting that how some people learn languages very quickly. (2)Another thing that we don't have is Police inside the university, I couldn't understand which is their job. → 最後のwhichをwhatに。 (3)People wonder how does China with a population of 800 millions could possible be ignored during the last 22 years. →possible の主語に「人」は来ることができないので、how以降の文章は以下のようになる。 ...how could it be possible for China with a population of 800 millions to be ignored... . (4)While we are surrounded with nothing exceot atoms, it is interesting to know what is the structure of we are surrounded with nothing exceot atoms, it is interesting to know what is the structure of an atom.

• 英語の和訳

1Christians believed in one God, a God whose laws were to be obeyed by the sun and stars as well as by men. 2There are a lot of Japanese who do not feel comfortable about taking time off while their fellow workers have to continue working. 3“To make the difference” is an expression that always has a positive meaning in English. If a man tells his wife, for example, that marrying her has made all the difference, he's saying that he's very happy he married her. 例えば…の例が分かりませんでした。 4In our dreams we all aspire to be, do and have great things. Yet most of us simply aren't creating the results we want. What we need to understand is that greatness exists in all of us, but it is up to us to put it out of ourselves. It is true that we all have genius. We just need to learn how to apply our genius. 1行目とWhat~が良く分かりません。

• 英語の添削

英語(英文)の添削 学校の授業で書いてきてくださいといわれて書いたものです。 どこかおかしい所や、他の表現に変えた方が良いところがあれば教えてください。 自分のお気に入りの場所の紹介文です。 I know there are many parks in Aichi. One of my favorite places is a park called Tsutsujinosato. The park was complicated in 1992. I was surprised that the year is the same as my birth year. The park is located by windmills. There are a lot of trees around the park, so the atomosphere is quite and peaceful. We can be relaxed. The park is famous for a long slide of strange shape. Itlooks like a big snake. It makes the place funny. An open space in the park that I often play baseball with my friends is very large. A steam locomotive has long stopped n the park but it took off too many years ago. Now, Nakagawa city keep it and we can enjoy riding on it. In spring, the park is filled with a lot of flowers of azalea. It is very beautiful. We can feel its sweet smell. Therefore, I recomend to visit in April. There are a lot of happy points in Tsutsujinosato. It is the best place for me to play. 自分が気になるところは、文頭に多少The parkが多いことです。他は自分の今の力ではどうしようもなくて・・・ 指摘して下さる方がいれば本当に助かります。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語で書いた感想文です。

文法とかスペルに全然自信がなくて; もしよければ手伝って下さい。ほとんど間違えてると思いますが。 ソウルサーフとゆう映画映画の質問付の感想文です。 1, What have you learned from the movie? - i learned that when we think that life has ended, it is only just beginning. Everything in life has a purpose, a reason. There may be time that we think we want to give up, but that’s where you find real strength. Like Bethany, she is a very strong person. Terrible things happened to her even though it seems that she doesn’t deserve it because she is a very good person. But out of that terrible thing that happened, something good came out of it. She was able to overcame the problems she has faced. Anything is possible. All we need is faith, in God and in yourself. 2, How can you apply it in your life. 1, find something which is challenging for me. 2, Set a small goal. 3, get motivated 3, what have you felt when you try living with one arm? - I tried tying my hair with my one hand, and i realized that there is no way you can do that. how dificult it is to not be able to do something you normaly do everytime. お願いします。

• 英語です!

1 There is a strap. 2 There are a strap. ←この三つの中でどれがただしいですか? 3 It has a strap. 1 There is a zipper. 2 There are a zipper. ←この三つの中でどれがただしいですか? 3 It has a zipper. 1 There is buttons. 2 There are buttons. ←この三つの中でどれがただしいですか? 3 It has buttons. 1 There is a handle. 2 There are a handle. ←この三つの中でどれがただしいですか? 3 It has a handle. 教えてください。

• 長文ですが英語を訳していただきたいです

No, I'd pass www Your hair it isn't really short, at least for me, it is in good size :3 How much do you will be going to cut? By the way, may I ask, what is a bob? w Thanks! No, I'm pretty the opposite, I'm kinda unpopular ww orz I'm glad that I've convinced you more :3 Yeah, most of the beaches on Rio de Janeiro and in the state of Sao Paulo are indeed great. Specially the sea! You will like it! Also, you will really need an umbrella before you go to Sao Paulo Unless if you want to swim here in the rainy days too www Interesting to know that the city is known for it's spas I think I know someone who will like that fact wwww After seeing more photos, I agree with you. Oita isn't really too much urbanized, it looks more calm than most of the cities that I heard :3 It'll be nice to know these natural resources. Funny and great the fact that we are at the opposite sides of the earth each other :3 But... > I can hardly imagine! I didn't understood well this line, sorry (>.<)

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、並び替えや空欄があります。(A)にはsaying,linguistic,way,somethingが、(B)にはwhich,what,how,whereのどれかが入ります。お願い致します。 Human beings learn to communicate with each other through nonlinguistic means as well as linguistic ones. All of us are familiar with the saying, “It wasn´t what he said ; It was the way that he said it”when, by using the word (A), we mean something about the particular voice quality that was in evidence, or the sat of a shoulder, or the obvious tension in certain muscles. A message may even be contradicted by the accompanying tone and gestures, so that each of “I´m ready,”“You´re beautiful,”and“I don´t know where he is”can mean the opposite of any literal interpretation.  Often we experience difficulty in pinpointing exactly (B) in the communication causes the change of meaning, and any statement we make as to the sources of the discrepancy between the literal meaning of the words and the total message communicated is likely to be expressed in extremely impressionistic terms. It is likely to refer to something like a sparkle in a person´s eye, or a “threatening”gesture, or an “insulting”manner.  We are likely to make similar impressionistic statements about communication between members of different cultures. Sometimes we remark that Frenchmen “talk with their hands,”Japanese “smile”on inappropriate occasions, and American Indians are “stone-faced.”As a result, (tend,people,we,stereotype,to,who) come from other linguistic and cultural backgrounds on the basis of impressions about their language, gestures, customary movements, and uses of space. 以上です。

• 英語がとくいなかた和訳よろしくおねがいします

The forests of the earth are home to most of the world’s species, but living things there are in crisis today. Many places on the earth need to be protected, but how can we protect all of them at the same time? In 1988, a British biologist named Norman Mayers conceived of the idea of “hot spots” to identify particular places on the earth that need to be protected urgently. A hot spot is determined by the level of danger faced by a species in a particular region. There are hot spots on land as well as in coral reefs, but in the case of land hot spots, the number of native plants in a region is one factor that determines whether of not it is a hot spot.

• 長文和訳をお願いします。

ユングの夢分析のlectureIからだそうですが、所々しかわかりません。 和訳お願いしますm(__)m ladies and Gentlemen: Dream analysis is the central problem of the analytical treatment,because it is the most important technical means of opening up an avenue to the unconscious. The main object in this treatment, as you know, is to get at the message of the unconscious. The patient comes to the analyst usually because he finds himself in an impasse or cul-de-sac,where there seems to be no way out,and he assumes that the doctor will know a way. If the doctor is honest,he recognizes that he also does not know the way. But doctors sometimes are not:only one hundred and fifty years ago,doctors were those quacks who went to fairs and pulled out teeth,performed marvellous cures,etc. ,and this attitude still prevails to a certain extent in the medical profession at the present day---human beings are everywhere bad! In analysis we must be very careful not to assume that we know all about the patient or that we know the way out of his difficulties. If the doctor tells him what he thinks the trouble may be,he follows the doctor's suggestions and does not experience himself. Suggestions may work for a time,but when he is away the patient collapses because he has no contact with himself and is living not his own way but the doctor's way. Then he has to return to the doctor for new suggestions,and after a while this becomes disgusting to both. It is important that the doctor admits he does not know;then both are ready to accept the impartial facts of nature,scientific realities. Personal opinions are more or less arbitrary judgments and may be all wrong; we are never sure of being right. Therefore we should seek the facts provided by dreams. Dreams are objective facts. They do not answer our expectations,and we have not invented them;if one intends to dream of certain things,one finds it impossible. We dream of our questions,our difficulties.There is a saying.