• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

ydnaの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • ydna
  • ベストアンサー率63% (179/281)
回答No.3

>Gowan snored, each respiration choking to a huddle fall, as though he would never breathe again. ーーー拙訳ーーー 直訳 ゴーワンはいびきをかいた。一呼吸が、詰まり物が落ちるまで、息苦しく、まるで、(彼は)2度と息をしないぞという様子だった。 意訳 ゴーワンはいびきをかいた。呼吸する度に、物が詰まり、落ちるまで息が止まる。まるで、息を吹き返さないぞという感じだった。 ---keys--- each respiration choking to a huddle fall 様態を表わす副詞相当語句。おおまかに様子を述べて、次に続く as though... で、重ねてより詳しく述べています。 付帯状況を表わす『with + O + C/M』の with の省略と考えることができます。O = each respiration, C = choking to a huddle fall。 最近、with の省略について、回答させて頂きました。#4 の回答です。 http://okwave.jp/qa/q7817189.html 今回の問題文は、choking と、なっているので、独立分詞構文としても考えられます。つまり、主節の主語とは別の主語なので、主語が残る分詞構文です。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/with 前置詞 C の 7 の、用例の +ボタンを押してください。 a huddle fall = 直訳「集まったもの/詰められたものが落ちること」 この huddle は、次のサイトに説明があります。ただ、URL が長過ぎるので、サイトへの行き方を説明します。 まず、グーグルで、次の行を、まるごと検索して下さい。 "a huddle fall" -"as though" そして、最初に出てきた検索結果のページがゴールです。231:33 に、each respiration choking to a huddle fall の説明があります。 そこに、OED (Oxford English Dictionary)に、huddle は、古い表現で、"congested" の意味で、この文に合った意味としています。 そこには、Gowan の状況説明もされています。 huddle 自体は、名詞ですから、congested =「詰められたもの」として考えていいと思います。 as though he would never breathe again as though = as if = 様態を表わす副詞句を導く接続詞相当語句。後ろは、この場合、仮定法過去(過去の事実の反対)。would は、「(過去の)拒絶」で考えていいと思います。 以上、少しでもお役に立てたでしょうか? ★ydna★ Hope it helps.

eigbn
質問者

お礼

詳しい説明ありがとうございます。 とても参考になりました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします‼︎

和訳お願いします‼︎ He said that he didn't have a frog with him , but that , if Smily would be so kind as to get him one , he would be quiet willing to bet. お願いします‼︎

• 和訳をお願いできないでしょうか

itは日本でいう隠れんボウとかの「鬼」のことです。 when he was〝it〟the game became deadly serious, for he made not the slightest sound, hardly even seeming to breathe as he stood quite still in the darkness, straining his ears and sniffing out his prey, toward whom he would make his stealthy, relentless way.

• 重文に書き換えがわかりません

重文に書き換えです。教えてください。 1 We parted,never to see each other again. ↓   We (had) parted,but we saw each other again. 2 He grew up to be a fine doctor. ↓   He grew up and he (is) a fine doctor. 3 I hurried to the station only to miss the the train. ↓ I (had)hurried to the station,but I missed the the train. 4 He went to Africa in 1963,never to come back. ↓ He (had been) to Africa in 1963,(but) he never came back here. (  )内が間違っているんですが、どうしたらいいのでしょうか?教えてください。

• 和訳お願いします。

高校の教科書英語なんですが、自分で、どのようにまとめたらいいのかわかりません。    「これが、あなたに展示会の写真を運びたいというメッセージです。」 なんかおかしいので、宜しくお願いいたします。 There should never be war again. This is the message we would like the photographs of this exhibition to bring to you today.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 1 A fool is one who expects things to happen that never can happen. 2 The deceased left a wife and three little ones. 3 The nurse began to bind the wounds of those inside the hospital. 4 You will never be the man your father was,though you have some of his looks. 5 He ate the meal in silence , and after dinner he busied with a bottle of gin as was his custom. 6 There are houses on either side of the river. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m2

After the regular season was over, Roberto returned to Puerto Rico as the greatest sports hero in all of Latin America. He was not only a great player on the field, but also an even Greater person off the field. He won fame and money through baseball, but never forgot that most people in Latin America were poor. He always told his family that he had a duty to help those who had not been as lucky as he had been. During the off-season that year, Roberto volunteered to manage a baseball team of young Puerto Ricans. While he and his team were staying in Managua, Nicaragua, Roberto heard about a fourteen-year-old boy named Julio. He had lost both his legs in an accident, but had no money for artificial legs. Roberto arranged to get them for Julio. Roberto went to see him and told him that he would be able to walk again. It was usual for Roberto to give a helping hand to people like Julio.

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

高校英語の和訳教えてください 1 Though my memory is not as good as it used to be,I remenber that, when a boy,I very nearly died of typhoid fever. 2 People will have to wear a space suit on the moon.   There will be no air for them to breathe.   In the daytime, it will be twice as hot as the hottest day in the Sahara Desert.   At night, it will be twice as cold as the coldest day at the North Pole. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳教えてください

If everything given to us by research were to be taken away, civilization would collapse and we would stand naked, searching for caves again. 和訳教えてください。 よろしくお願いします!

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The element of Fire being strong on your seventh. House means that you will feel yourself warm towards him emotionally, as though he were indeed a fire on a cold day. Your first impressions would be instant, and of warmth, pleasure, and feeling inspired by him. As though your whole life received a sudden lift or speeded up, quickened towards something better. He will have made an instant impression, he will also grow slowly on your senses. And the feeling would intensify. As you’ll try to keep your feet on the ground. The fire elements also has shades about it of being in love for the first time, even if it is the thousandth time, you have been in love, it will feel like the first. A specializes and newness, about it, and the promise of a new beginning in life, these will be all the impressions, fast fleeting but powerful. It will feel like life has begun again.

• 和訳お願いします!!

どなたか和訳お願いします!m(._.)m there is something strange though.... it seems you knew some of my friends before I met you including one of my students at my school haha! Anyways it would be nice to see you again some time