• ベストアンサー

この文の構造を教えて下さい

What struck me at once on that lovely summer evening, as we wandered the streets of our residential neighborhood at that after-dinner hour that had once represented the magic hour of my own childhood, was that we did not encounter a single other child 過去の話と現在の話が入り乱れていて訳を見ても理解できません。構造を教えて下さい

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.3

strike A on Bとか余計なことを考えていたのですが、ここでのthatは形容詞 onは日時を表す前置詞という解釈でよろしいでしょうか → その通りだと思います

その他の回答 (2)

• sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.2

What struck me (at once on that lovely summer evening), (as we wandered the streets of our residential neighborhood) (at that after-dinner hour) (that had once represented the magic hour of my own childhood), was that we did not encounter a single other child. メインの文 What struck me was that we did not encounter a single other child. 何時なのか at once on that lovely summer evening 何をしながら as we wandered the streets of our residential neighborhood 何の時に at that after-dinner hour その時間は何か特別なのか・・ that had once represented the magic hour of my own childhood

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

★What struck me ... was that we did not encounter a single other child が基本構造です。 私を打ちのめしたのは(私がびっくりしたのは、唖然としたのは)、誰一人他の子供に出会わなかったことでした。 ★What struck me at once on that lovely summer evening あの麗しい夏の夕べにすぐに私を打ちのめしたのはーー ★What struck me at once on that lovely summer evening, as we wandered the streets of our residential neighborhood at that after-dinner hour さらにasの節が続きます 夕食の後の時間に近所の住宅地の通りをぶらぶらしていたときーーが続きました ★that had once represented the magic hour of my own childhood その夕食後の時間(1時間)はーーここは過去完了なのでもっと昔のことですねーー かつて私の子供時代の魔法のような(不思議な)時間を表していた、その夕食後の時間(関係代名詞でthat after-dinner hourを修飾する) →この1時間にこどもの頃、夕日が落ちて、暗くなり、世界が闇に包まれていく不思議な時間 以上でおわかりいただけると思いますが、よろしいでしょうか?

sdogjbf
質問者

補足

What struck me at once on that lovely summer evening strike A on Bとか余計なことを考えていたのですが、ここでのthatは形容詞 onは日時を表す前置詞という解釈でよろしいでしょうか

関連するQ&A

• この文の構造を教えて下さい

1「we are inclined to look upon ourselves as the products of a growth from within, upon the unfolding of our personality as something that would have been the same on the Robinson Crusoe's manless island as it has been in the particular social environment of which we are a part.」 まず上の文について質問です。we~somethingまではわかるのですがsomethingにかかるthat~partまでの構造が全くわかりません。学校の先生は仮定法だと言っていたのですがifも見当たらないですし・・・。 2「we can hardly be too often reminded, though it may be a well-known fact, that there was once a man named Socrates between whom and the legal authorities and public opinion of his time there took place a memorable collision.」 次に上の文についてなのですがこれは最初の方からほとんどわからない状態です。 最初は「私たちはほとんどよく思い出すことができることはない、それはよく知られている事実だけれど、昔ソクラテスという名前の男がいて~」でいいでしょうか? その後はほとんどわかりません。 わからない点は ・between whom の後に何でandが来るのか? ・thereは主語になるのか? の二点です。 先生に聞けばいいのですが、授業が終わった後は行列ができていていつも聞けずに時間切れになってしまうので質問しました。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造と意味とthatについて

Nothing should so much diminish the satisfaction which we feel with ourselves as seeing that we disapprove at one time of that which we approve of at another. *この英文はどうやって意味をとればよいのでしょうか? *Nothing should so much diminish the satisfaction which we feel with ourselves ここまでは、the satisfactionが先行詞でwhichが関係代名詞になり、 Nothing should (so much) diminish→何も減らすべきではない、 と言っているところまでなんとなくわかるのですが(違うかもしれませんが) so muchがつくとどういう意味になるのか。。 *また後半のas seeing that we disapprove ~の英文の構造と意味がわかりません。 ( as seeing that →thatは接続詞ですか?  time of thatのthat→ ?) お手数ですが教えてください。

• どういう構造でしょうか?

こんばんは。また、お世話になりますが宜しくお願いします。 That is a lovely thing to see, much more admirable and worthy of comment, encouragement and praise than showoff antics we usually givec our approval to. 「それは、見るのに素晴らしいもので、我々が普段認める大人の目を意識したおどけたしぐさよりも、ずっと立派で、コメント、励まし、賞賛の価値があるのだ。」 といった訳になるかとは思うのですが、admirableがcomment以下praiseにかかり、worthy ofがcomment以下praiseにかかるという 取り方で間違ってないでしょうか? よろしくご教示願います。

• この文の和訳をお願いします!

What it is ain't exactly clear, but we may, at long last, be seeing the rise of a popular movement that, unlike the Tea Party, is angry at the right people. この"at the right people"がイマイチどう訳すのかわからないため、どなたかお願い致します!

• 構造分析お願いします

The belief that we are not responsible for our emotions or our behavior when we are under their control permits us to behave awfully and to say we are not to blame,at least not completely. This belief is so pervasive that it is even recognized as valid by law courts:people found guilty of "crimes of passion "are punished less severely. これの訳と構造分析お願いします

• 次の文で質問があります

(1)this sort of art, we learn in childhood, is meant to excite laughter, that to provoke our tears. (2)Only recently, in fact, have men conquered, by means of the spoken word, any space larger than that over which the neutral voice will carry. (1)この文のmeanはどのような用法なのでしょうか? (2)Men have conquered any space でSVOとなってしまいLargeが入る余地がなさそうにみえるのですが Larger以下は形容詞節と考えていいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします

• 大学の数学教科書(英語)の一文がわかりません

The level column is the low end of your range, rounded down to an integer and clamped to the range [0, 50]. If we ignore the clamping, it is a conservative skill estimate in the sense that we are 99.9% confident that you are at least that skillful. 以上です。 特に、If we ignore-のあとがわかりません・・

• 構造がよく分からない英文

エジプト歴史の本を読んでいてよくわからない部分が2つほどあります。 教えて下さい。 1.The battle that he fought at Megiddo against local rebellious Canaanite chiefs during the campaign is the first battle that we know of whose details were written down and made accesible for the edification of those who were not present. that we...... whose details.... down の部分   made accesible....... not present の部分です。 2. The textual evidence has added to the details already known from excavations and has allowed archaeologists to reconstruct the world of Bronze Age Greece, just as their colleagues working at sites in Egypt and the Near East have been able to do in those countries, as a consequence of translating texts written in Egyptian, Hittite, and Ahhadian.   just as thier colleagues...., as a consequence ... Ahhadian. の部分で   as...., as がどのような構造になっているのでしょう。   よろしくお願いします。

• 文の構成がわかりません^^;

Just think of all the other things we could be doing to improve ourselves and the country - bike riding, volunteering at a soup kitchen, reading, gardening, playing- insteat of sitting frozen in front of TV shows that are often violent, often cruel,and often meaningless. よろしければ日本語訳もお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします。

We should note that the scaled value of r_p is independent of the protoplanet mass. Supposing that ρ=3gcm^-3, we have r_p=0.005 and 0.001 at the Earth and Jupiter orbits, respectively. At the Neptune orbit, ρis certainly smaller than that at the Earth orbit; if we assume ρ=1gcm^-3, r_p is 0.0002 at this orbit.