• ベストアンサー

work placement って何ですか?

During the job interview, Mark was asked if he had any international work experience, so he played up his three-month work placement at a French company while in college. この英文でwork placementは何ですか? 大学に在学中に企業で3ヶ月ときたら、インターンシップみたいなものかな、 と勝手に想像してます。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tanuki4u
  • ベストアンサー率33% (2764/8360)
回答No.1

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1617677 米語では Internship 英語では Work Placement というかんじのようです。 http://www.britishcouncil.org/china-aboutus-workplacement.htm こんな感じで英国では (  )で Internship と表現しているようです

tandenko
質問者

お礼

なるほど!分かりやすいURLありがとうございました。 問題の文は仏企業へのwork placementだったので、 より説得感がありました。 英仏はとても近いので。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.3

目的は履歴書をよく見せるためというのが多い。したからと言ってその会社に雇用されるわけでもない。会社にしてみれば、良いかどうかを雇う前にチェックできること。しかも、多くの場合経費は払うがアルバイト料を払わないことも多い。どちらにとってもメリットがあるシステムです。

tandenko
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 work placementの目的がよく分かりました。 3ヶ月もやって、アルバイト料でなかったらきついですね><

回答No.2

Collins社の英語辞書COBUILDの「placement」の項には、二つめの意味として以下の用例があります。 意味 If someone who is training gets a placement, they get a job for a period of time which is intended to give them experience in the work they are training for. 用例 He had a six-month work placement with the Japanese government. 「訓練目的での仕事」を意味するようです。 御賢察のように、インターンシップと解釈してもいいでしょうね。

tandenko
質問者

お礼

やっぱり英語は英語で理解しないとだめみたいですね。 「研修」という言葉も当てはまりそうですね。 よく考えると、私自身「インターンシップ」とは何か よく理解していなかったことに気づかされましたw ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 文法が正しいがチェックお願いします。

He applied for a new job, and the company called him in for an interview.

• 日本語に翻訳してくれていただけませんが

I have passed the interview of NEC internship and will begin the job in 8.22. So I cannot take your(company) internship and feel realy sorry. That it, I want to refuse the offer and what to say is the most polite way?(In Japanese) Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

• お願いします!

1.He had studied French before he came to France. 2.I had been in the army for a month when the war ended. 2の方は継続のbeenが入っているのに1にbeenがないのは何ででしょうか?明確な期間が書いてないからですか?? 継続のbeenがいつ入るのかがよくわかりません。 もう一つ質問です。 Three years have passed since I came here. haveがhasでないのは何ででしょうか?

• 企業への手紙チェックのお願い【英語】

この度、海外にインターンシップをすることになり、会社を選んだ理由などを書いてるのですが、どうしても文章がうまくかけず、どこか違和感を感じています。おかしいところがあれば是非ご指摘をお願いします。 The reason I chose your company is that your company recruit computer science students and open mind students. Now I am developing a system for Bangladesh customer as a project manager in my University. During the first summer vacation of the graduate school, I joined an internship program for one month and a half in a Japanese company. There I developed a WEB application by using JAVA, and acquired Japanese business manners and requirement gathering in this internship. Through this experience I think I learned a little confident. Then I would like to study about European business style and I am interested in your internship to contribute understanding customer’s need. Your advantage that you will adopt me is that I have knowledge of system development and that my experience is very helpful to understand Japanese customer’s need. For all of these reasons, I hope I can join your internship.

• that/which/whoについて

1,Do you know anyone who/that speaks French and Italian?と、 2,John who(not THAT) speaks French and Itarian, works as a tourist guide.でなんで2は、THATを使ってはいけないんですか? (1),Barbara works for a company that/which makes washing machines.と、 (2),Brad told me about his new job, which(not THAT) he`s enjoying very much.の違いも教えてください

• 書き換え問題

書き換え問題 1)Eliot is two inches taller than Lee. =Eliot is taller than Lee ( ) (two) (inches). 2)She tried to read the English paragraph as fast as she could. =She tried to read the English paragraph (as) (fast) (as) (possible). 3)Japan has about four times as many people as Canada. =Canada has about a (quarter) (as) many people as Japan. 4)At the job interview, Rod wasn't as nervous as he looked. =At the job interview, Rod was (less) (nervous) (than) he looked. 5)This street is three times as wide as that street. =This street is three times (the) (width) of that street. 穴埋め出来ていないところもありますが質問させて頂きます。 回答解説よろしくお願いします。

• 主格 所有格 目的格

空欄に正しい代名詞を記入しなさい。 Tere were three interviews, and one of ( 1 ) asked me a lot of tough question. At the end of the interview, they told me they would get back to ( 2 ) by this Friday. I really hope ( 3 ) get the job. It doesn't pay lot ( 4 ) hours are perfect for me. 答え(1)them (2)me (3)I (4)its なぜこのような答えになるのか解説してください。 特に目的格がわかりません。

• 次の穴埋めをお願いします。

1 There are lots of things you can do to make ( ) job application and interview successful. A you B your C they D their 2 Many other people may also be applying for the same job , so ( ) is important that you make a good impression. A this B that C it D he 3 When ( ) for a job , it is likely that you will be asked to fill in an application form or send a curriculum vitae. A apply B applying C applied D will apply

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

After Scott's stepbrother Craig was hit by a car and died in California, his biological father became detached from him, and the summer visits became less frequent. Weiland and his family later moved to Huntington Beach, California when he was 14 years old and he began attending Edison High School. During his time at Edison he initially played a lot of sports but he was a hard partier and never quite felt like he fit in, his partying eventually led his parents to put him in a psych ward for three months and have him carted off from school.

• 適語選び

【1】(  )に入る適語を下から選び、記号で答えなさい。  (1)Haruka got her typing errors ( ).   (a)correct (b)corrected (c)correcting (d)to correct  (2)We saw Takashi ( ) catch with his father.   (a)played (b)to play (c)playing (d)have played  (3)I tried to make myself ( ) in French during my trip.   (a)understand (b)understood (c)understanding (d)to understand  (4)( ) by many people, he managed to start up his own shop.   (a)Helping (b)Have helped (c)To be helped (d)Helped  (5)I’m very sorry to keep you ( ) all night.   (a)waiting (b)wait (c)have waited (d)to wait  (6)Here is my e-mail address. Let’s keep in ( ) with each other.”   (a)call (b)touch (c)mind (d)relation  (7)You must ( ) attention to all directions while driving.   (a)send (b)take (c)spend (d)pay  (8)She is ( ) about the cool animation character.   (a)likely (b)found (c)crazy (d)favorite  (9)I’m here in Los Angeles on ( ), not for sightseeing.   (a)job (b)company (c)business (d)fun 多いですが、よろしくお願いします_(._.)_