withについて

このQ&Aのポイント
  • withについての意味や文法について教えてください。
  • 現代の女性の傾向について話している文章です。
  • withの使い方について詳しく説明してください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

withについて

わからないところがあるので教えてください。 一行目のwithはどのような意味・文法で使われているのでしょうか。 I have to say that now, with more women having careers or having studied abroad and come back, they tend to, kand of, want to find their own partners, or they tend to live together and not get married. (実際のところ、いまではますます多くの女性が仕事に就いたり海外留学を経験したりしているから、どちらかというと、自分のパートナーは自分で見つけたいと考える傾向があったり、一緒に暮らすけれど結婚はしないという傾向があったりするの。) 私が知っているのは「with O 分詞」付帯状況くらいなのですが、このwithはどうでしょうか。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

with O C という付帯状況でいいです。 「O が C の状態で」「O を C の状態にして」 結局,with というのは「~とともに」~でもって」と付随しているのであり, 分詞構文というのも,「~しつつ」と同時に動作が進行していることを表します。 こういう,「状態で」「しつつ」というのが「なので」という理由になったり, 「~して,そして」とまるで結果を表すような訳になったりするだけです。 ここでも,「ますます多くの女性が仕事に就いたり,~したりしている状況で」 「~の傾向がある」 they tend to ~という主たる部分に対して 「~の状態で」と付随している with ~は「~なので」と理由になることも多い。 ただ,「~なので,から」で自然といっても,純粋に理由ではないでしょうね。 tend to 以下の主語である,they すなわち,women の説明ということもできます。

dumoria3
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。助かりました!

その他の回答 (2)

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

文が長いと分かりにくいかも知れませんが「付帯状況」という理解で良いと思います。"with her eyes shining, she nodded." というのと全く同じ構文ですよね? with women having ..., they (=women) tend to...

dumoria3
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。助かりました!

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

この with は、下記の前置詞の7「~のために」と言った意味です。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=with

dumoria3
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。助かりました!

関連するQ&A

• WithをAboutにできるか

With a general election coming up in Japan next month, businesses say they want the new administration to focus on government and fiscal reform to revive the economy. 以下のサイトによると、Withは「~に関して」という意味らしいので、aboutにしても同じ意味になりますか?ぼくは、付帯状況のWithではないかと思うのですが… http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail.php?qid=1161891576

• withについて

下記の英文のwithについてお教えください。 He must have details of torture by the pulley, when men or women were drawn up by means of ropes, and left hanging by their hands with weights attached to their feet, until every joint was dislocated. 2文目の真ん中あたりに their hands with weights attached to their feet とあります。 この with は付帯状況を表しており( weights が意味上の主語で、 attached が過去分詞と考えました)、前の their hands を修飾していると考えてよろしいでしょうか。 お手数掛けますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。何卒よろしくお願いいたします。

• 付帯状況のwith

絶滅危惧種を救うための種子バンクの重要性、 さらに、地上の生命の基礎となるのは植物であると述べた後の記述です。 Plants provide food, fuel, and building materials. Plants are the source of a great many medicines. Already, 25 percent of our medicines come from plants. Yet less than one-fifth of the world’s plants have been studied for the possible benefits they could bring. We have to keep in mind that plants are often lost before we know anything about how much good they could bring to society. If a plant should become extinct in the wild, 【with】 its seeds kept in a seed bank, it will not be lost forever. Seed banks are also a very efficient means of conserving plants, because the seeds take very little space and require little attention. Many thousands of seeds can be stored for each species in a seed bank. 全体訳は理解しています。 お聞きしたいのは【   】内のwithのとりかたです。 このwithは、 付帯状況をあらわすものと理解していたんですが、 ある解説書には、 付帯状況ではなく、『条件』をあらわし、『~されていれば』の意、 また、同文中のifはeven ifと同じであり、 文全体としては、『たとえ…でも、~されていれば』と訳す、とありました。 文の意味がきれいにとれるのはわかります。 そうすると、付帯状況のwithではないんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• that complement with について

Students report they are not only more motivated to learn after going abroad but learn valuable lessons that complement, rather than conflict, with their education in Japan. この文の構文がとれません。 that complement with でどんな意味なんでしょうか? 教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• rocker-with-a-cause

"Between charity projects, raising four children and being married to U2 rocker-with-a-cause Bono, Ali Hewson fits the bill." rocker-with-a-causeの意味を教えてください。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Together they make up the mainland, or continental, USA, with its forty-eight states. 直訳でお願いします。 theyとはthe Northeast, the Southeast, Central, the Southwest, and the Westのことです。

• 和訳をお願いします。

(1)if a man and a woman have children, they need to be married. (2)people aren't meant to be with the same person forever.

• どう訳したら良いでしょうか

My boyfriend of four years and I are planning to move across the country later this year, he to start graduate school and I to start a new job. We’ve never lived together, and to save money we’ve been living with our respective families. We’ve been planning this move for a long time, we’re committed to each other, and frankly we’re just ready to live together. The problem is my very conservative parents, whom I love. They don’t approve of couples living together before they are married and have gone so far as to say that their children would never do such a thing. My boyfriend and I certainly plan on getting married eventually, but we’re going to live together first. What sort of explanation do I owe my parents here? I’ll be a financially independent adult, and I know I’m free to make my own decisions, but I don’t want to create unnecessary conflict with my family or burn any bridges. I tend to retreat from conflict entirely with my family because it’s always been easier, and part of me wishes I could just not tell them anything at all, but I know I can’t avoid this forever. How can I ease my family into this? burn any bridgesとease my family into thisはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文の日本語訳を教えて頂けますでしょうか。

お世話になります。 次の英文は、海外の質問サイトに投稿されていたものなのですが、日本語訳を教えて頂くことできますでしょうか。 Should I work for Ernst & Young? I've been offered a debt collection role there and I've not worked for professionals before and am unsure if I'll find it too stiff & formal. I've worked in a variety of industries but none where I had to wear a suit & deal directly with highly important people in the company (in this case dealing directly with the partners). I'm a little intimidated at having to have meetings with individual partners, are they generally nice or high and mighty & looking down on you as though you're a subordinate? お力をお貸し頂ければ幸いです。 何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• follow up with

I asked a friend of mine to look at my dating app messages, and he told me I was coming across as “needy” and “desperate.” His reasoning was that I followed up with girls I’d been talking to when they hadn’t responded. followed up with girls I’d been talking toの訳をよろしくお願いします