タイトル

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 高校英語和訳お願いします!文は簡単です。
  • 5歳の娘が本を読んでいますが、半分くらいで休憩を取ります。
  • 子供に賢いと言うことが将来の成功の一部だとされていますが、その考えがいつからアメリカの子育てに取り入れられたのかは明確ではありません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

高校英語和訳お願いします!!

長いですが文は簡単です。確認したいのでお願いいたします。 I'm listening to my 5-year-old read. She's working her way through Syd Hoff's Sammy the Seal. Although she struggles with the word "know," she gets halfway through the book before deciding it's time for a break. I am thrilled with her reading, delighted with her teacher and see this as empirical evidence of my child's geniusThe words "You are so smart" are forming.And then I stop.I don't say them. I am thinking, instead, of the discussion happening around the country about praise and its effects on children. Most American parents feel that children need self-confidence to mature and achieve greatness. And telling kids they are smart is part of the ticket to that future success. Exactly when this notion became part of the American child-rearing scene isn't clear.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

#1.です。訂正です。 私は、私の5才の娘が読むのを聞いています。 彼女は、シド・ホフの『アザラシのサミー』を徐々に読み進めています。彼女は、「know(知る)」と言う単語に苦労して【いました→います】が、彼女は、休憩のための時間であると決める前には、その本を半分ほど読んでいます。・・・ にして下さい。失礼しました。

ma-ma-mai
質問者

お礼

わたしもknowの辺りの解釈に詰まっていたので 助かりました!! ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

私は、私の5才の娘が読むのを聞いています。 彼女は、シド・ホフの『アザラシのサミー』を徐々に読み進めています。彼女は、「know(知る)」と言う単語に苦労していましたが、彼女は、休憩のための時間であると決める前には、その本を半分ほど読んでいます。私は彼女の読書にぞくぞくして、彼女の先生に喜んでいます、そして、これを私の子供の才能の実験によって立証できる証拠とみなします。「おりこうさんだね」という言葉が、口をつきそうになります。そこで、私は思いとどまります。 私は、それらの言葉を言いません。その代わりに、私は、賞賛と子供たちに対するその影響について国中で起こっている議論について、考えています。ほとんどのアメリカの親は、子供たちが大人になり、偉大なことを達成するためには自信を必要とすると、感じています。それで、頭が良いと子供に話すことは、その将来の成功への切符の一部となっています。正確にいつこの考え方がアメリカの子育ての場面の一部になったのかは、明白ではありません。

ma-ma-mai
質問者

お礼

いつも助かっています(><)!!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

My mother came in from the pantry with a steaming pot in her hand. She stopped midway between the table and the fire, feeling the tension flowing through the room. She followed their stare and saw me in the corner. Her eyes looked from my face down to my foot, with the chalk gripped between my toes. She put down the pot. Then she crossed over to me and knelt down beside me, as she had done so many times before. "I'll show you what to do with it, Chris," she said, very slowly and in a queer, choked way, her face flushed as if with some inner excitement. Taking another piece of chalk from Mona, she hesitated, then very deliberately drew, on the floor in front of me, the single letter "A." "Copy that," she said, looking steadily at me. "Copy it, Chris." I couldn't.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

A woman I work with used to join me and a few others for drinks after work occasionally, and her company is fine enough. However, over the past six months due to a minor promotion, she has become insufferable. She is constantly ratting people out to our principal (I work at a school,) looking for ways to get those she doesn’t like in trouble, and even going as far as to make up things that aren’t true. None of this has been directed at me personally, so I have stayed out of it, while remaining sympathetic to my co-workers who are victims of her power trip. The root of this issue is the way the principal handles HR, but I’m not interested in speaking with her about that. My problem is that this woman is always asking me what I’m doing after work and trying to invite herself along with me and another friend I work with. We both feel uncomfortable socializing with her since we’re disgusted at her behavior, however, I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss. I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

The young woman's injuries were serious - third-degree burns over 35% of her body. It took 27 months for her to recover. Unfortunately, the burns on her legs damaged the muscles so severely that she could never perform again.  The physical recovery did not mark the end of the healing process. The psychological damage was much deeper and more painful than the terrible burns. Yet this young woman found the courage and strength to cope with the disappointments from the accident. In the hospital, she saw other people who had injuries worse than hers. She leaned that talking about one's problems relieves some of the pain. Most important of all, she leaned that she was not alone, That knowledge enabled her to go on with her life-a new kind of life but one that she has filled with new meaning and new joy.  The story of how this young ballerina coped with disappointments inspires me whenever I feel " down in the dumps." It is the story of my sister Teena.

• 和訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m

海外のインタビュー記事です。 ご協力お願い致します。 ●How do you describe your photography? I would like to think of my work as raw, sexy, youthful and fresh! ●How do you try to capture a person’s character and sense of self in your images? Characters and personalities are so important to me, people are so interesting, why photograph a mannequin when there are so many issues to explore. I don’t intentionally work out how I am going to capture the character, I guess it just naturally happens; I am always interested in knowing the subject and playing with them. ●What elements of your own character do you try to express through your photography? I’m a little bit of a wild child, I’m kind of insane and dark. I guess you can always see the darkness and the wild-side of the kids in my work. I think it’s important to capture the energy and moment. People have said I personally dress as if I were in my own photo shoot. I think it’s important and fun to dress up in the morning, to express yourself, no matter what, where or who you are.  Be creative all the time!

• 英文和訳をお願いします・・・。

America's child death shame Every five hours a child dies from abuse or neglect in the US. The latest government figures show an estimated 1,770 children were killed as a result of maltreatment in 2009. A recent congressional report concludes the real number could be nearer 2,500. In fact, America has the worst child abuse record in the industrialised world. Why? The BBC's Natalia Antelava investigates. Sixty-six children under the age of 15 die from physical abuse or neglect every week in the industrialised world. Twenty-seven of those die in the US - the highest number of any other country. Even when populations are taken into account, Unicef research from 2001 places the US equal bottom with Mexico on child deaths from maltreatment. In Texas, one of the states with the worst child abuse records, the Dallas Children's Medical Center is dealing with a rising number of abused children and increasing levels of violence. Meanwhile, the Houston Center is expanding its services to deal with the rising problem of child sex abuse. Emma Thompson was just four years old when she was beaten to death in 2009. Her injuries included broken ribs, a bloodied lip, widespread bruising and a fractured skull. She had also been raped. Her mother and her mother's partner have been jailed over the abuse. But Emma's father, Ben, believes his daughter was let down by everyone around her. Just like Emma Thompson, hundreds more children fall through the cracks of the child protection system. Some blame overworked investigators and inefficient management, while others say it's the federal government's drive to keep families together that is the problem. But child protection officials in Texas, a state with one of the highest total number of child deaths from abuse and neglect in the US, say such cases are complicated and difficult to assess - especially when a child's guardians are hiding what is really going on.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: My adult daughter recently visited from out of state, and she has developed some odd and off-putting habits. I really don't mean to judge her, but I'd also like to help her. At the same time, if I said anything, she might run a hundred miles in the opposite direction. She has stopped showering every day. I'm not sure whether it's a "save the water" thing or what, but frankly, she smells like the zoo. No deodorant, either. Her clothes are dirty, as well. She has also dropped table manners. She frequently eats with her hands -- says it's what they do in other countries. Her open mouth chews away as she talks, with bits of food spraying all over. She burps freely, and it's not a health/indigestion issue. Her body language says "relax," no matter what position she's in -- slumped at the table, reclined on the couch, etc. I think she's trying to be as earthy as possible. Her husband is very similar, so at least they're not offending each other. -- Judgmental-ish Mom Dear Judgmental-ish Mom: It sounds as if your flower child has taken on a whole new look and smell, and she wants you and everyone around her to notice it. It is lovely that she has found a more relaxed state of living, but not at the expense of her own hygiene. The dirty clothing and lack of bathing will eventually catch up with her -- perhaps in the form of a rash or sickness, and that would take away from her and her husband's "relaxed" state. The dirty clothing and lack of bathing will eventually catch up with herの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語日記

お願いします。下記英語の日記を特に見られてもいい内容なので文法を添削頂けると助かります。 Y(妻) has been suffering from bad morning sickness for a few weeks. Therefore, she can not take care of D(son) and herself. So, she has been staying to her parent’s house with my son since a week ago. Of course, I wanted to help her and am in constant attendance on her but since I have to work for living, I can not do that. When I go back to my home I am always alone in my home. No body greets me. Honestly, I feel cut off and lonely. I would die too alone. I wonder a person, who divorced, and lost custody of his child, how does he live without child’s emotional support. I miss my angel awfully. I hope her recover quickly and come back. 将来自分の子供が思春期になって僕にたてつくようになったらそっと彼の机の上に日記を置いてやって反応を見てやろうっていうのが思惑です(子供が生まれる半年前から書いてます)、なので将来英語が話せるであろう子供から「父さん、文法間違いだらけだね」なんていわれたくないんです。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a married mother with two children, both in high school. But I am in love with a man who is not my husband of 21 years. "Harry" is my first love, and he came back into my life unexpectedly. He is also married. Neither of us is passionate or loving toward our spouses anymore. We both feel that we are growing apart from them. I am waiting for my children to finish high school before I make any final move. My husband still seems to believe we can be a happy couple, but I don't agree. He is unaware of my affair, but I can tell that he feels that I'm growing more distant from him every day. An additional problem, however, is that Harry seems to go through fits and starts about leaving his large family for me. Harry seems to go through fits and starts about leaving his large family for me. の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 至急。英語について。

oh ok. do you have dates? Go out with a guy? I called my grandma, she's dying so I wanted to say my good bye to her. ↑に 『予定、あるっちゃあるけどたいした用事はないよ。そうだったんですか。それはツラいですね。 でも大丈夫。元気になってもっと長生きしてくれるように 私も願ってます。』 ↑と言いたいですか、 I have some errands to run but it's nothing. That was it. It must be tough for you. I hope she will be all right. I am with you and wishing her to get well and live longer.←合っていますか?