• 締切済み

(英語)正誤の問題を解説していただきたいです。

正誤の問題の解説お願いします。 A few countries (have) already tempolarily (eased) tariffs on agricultural imports to (soft) the blow for consumers. Tariffs(←斜め文字) , here , (means) taxes to be paid on a particular class of imports or exports. 4つの()で1つが文法的に間違っています。 どなたか解説お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.1

間違っているのは、(soft) to の後にくるのは、名詞のブロックか、動詞の原形で不定詞になるか、 名詞のブロックの頭に、形容詞softが来ていると考えると、 次のthe blow とうまくつながらない、 to (softの動詞形) と考えると、the blow を柔らかくする⇒和らげるために(の) とうまくいきそう。 で、softの動詞形は、softenで、柔らかくする、oftenと同じでtは発音しない、 en~、または、~en で、動詞化する形容詞は多いので、 探してまとめておくと便利です。 en~の仲間が、enlarge, enable とか、 ~enの仲間が、widen, lengthen(形容詞enとはちょっと違うけど、longの動詞形) sharpen(鋭くする、シャープナーなら解りますよね) とか、 A few countri「es」なので、haveがOK have (already) (temporrily) + 過去分詞だから、eased がOK  easeはeasyの元の動詞、和らげる、緩和する、 あたりは、問題ないと思いますが、 悩みそうなのが、Tariffs … (means)、質問者さんが、斜体(イタリック)と書いている、それが正にヒントで、「関税は…」という意味でなく「Tariffsという単語は」という意味になることを明らかに示しています。正書法としては、こういうときイタリックを使うと決まっているのですが、実際には、そう書かれていないこともあるので、意味的に、「~という単語は」になりそうなときは、気をつけてください。

関連するQ&A

• 正誤問題つづき

たびたびすいません。正誤問題で、どこがまちがっていてどのように直せばいいのかが知りたいのです。詳しく解説していただくと助かりますm(__)m 間違っているだけだと、勉強にならないので・・。 (1)America is the country which is the most interested to me. (2)He was laying on his face. これはたぶんlayingが間違っているような。 (3)My work is most finished;it will be all finished in ten minutes. これはmostかな。 (4)He knows me good. goodをwellにするのかな?? (その他5) She wanted Japanese stamps,and she was delighte to find ( )at this store. <any,it,none,someのどれがカッコにはいるのか> で、答えにはsomeとかいてあるんですがsomeはこういう使い方もできるんでしょうか?some booksのように何かを修飾してなくてもいいのでしょうか・・。

• 以下の文章のto and parties 以降の構造がわかりません。

以下の文章のto and parties 以降の構造がわかりません。 exports to states, countries, and parties という構造だと思ったのですが、違いますよね? どう捉えるべきでしょうか? The policy dates back to 1967, when Eisaku Sato, the prime minister at the time, declared a ban on weapons exports to communist states, countries to which the United Nations bans such exports to and parties to international conflicts. 引用元 http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20100725a2.html よろしくお願いします。

• Overvalued currency

経済英書からです。 An overvalued foreign currency exchange rate represents a tax on exports and a subsidy to imports. これはどういうことをいっているのでしょうか。なぜtaxと subisidyも関係してくるかよくわかりません。 どなたか教えてください。

• 至急英語にお願いします。

It is often said that taxes will change in the 21st century. There may be new taxes on bank savings and financial transactions. Trash is likely to be taxed in the future. When you drive your car into a large city, you might have to pay a tax for that. One thing is certain: There will be new taxes for the rich and poor in countries that have fewer and fewer young people to support society.

• 英語理解能力の問題です

386443で話題になったcholesterol reducing productについて、やっと内容が分かりました。会社AはUnileverで商品BはFlora pro.activと言うマーガリン。 質問の文はThe Economistからの引用で、抜粋した内容は下記の通りです。 「Over 60 and overlooked Aug 8th 2002 From The Economist It is not all about image and communication, however. Products and services also need to suit older consumers. Some companies are catching up with the need to adapt to older users - the food industry in particular. Unilever's margarine products were in decline until it launched its Proactiv spread, which reduces cholesterol. The advertising campaign focused on happy consumers - mostly over 50 - attesting to their lower cholesterol levels.」 Unileverのweb pageからの引用は次の通り。 「The launch of Flora pro.activ was backed up by a L10 million marketing campaign, which included television advertising, in-store sampling, and PR activity directed at consumers and health professionals. Shortly after the launch of pro.activ, a deal with channel 4 to sponsor the popular programme Countdown was established with the slogan to "Countdown your cholesterol".」 実際のcampaignはhttp://www.floraproactiv.co.uk/people/index.htmにあり、何と、中年の消費者がpro.activを食べ始めてからコレステロール値が下がったとのレターが多く表示されています。 さて、前置きがとても長くなりましたが、ここで私の質問です。 「The advertising campaign focused on happy consumers - mostly over 50 - attesting to their lower cholesterol levels.」の和訳を教えてください。

• <正誤訂正> 英語堪能な方教えてください

正誤訂正で解答がなく、分からなくて困っています。 答えと、何でそうなるのか解説をお願いしますm(_ _)m (分からない問題をピックアップしたので、問題の番号がバラバラですが、気にしないで下さい。)宜しくお願いいたします。 「次の英文に誤りがある番号を指摘し、直しなさい。」 <1> 5.I hope <(1)you all> <(2)to come> to class at least <(3)10 minutes earlier> <(4)tomorrow morning>. 6.John <(1)is resembling> his late <(2)grandfather> <(3)in appearance> <(4)but not in character>. 11. <(1)I am going> <(2)to do> <(3) my homework> <(4)when> <(5)I will > <(6)get home> <(7)this evening.> 16. <(1)At first> he was <(2)afraid to speak> up, but as time passed he <(3)became> to express his opinion frankly. 19. He <(1)has a difficulty> <(2)finding> her house. It was behind the church instead of <(3)across the street> <(4)from the church>. 20 I <(1)should spend> the rest of the evening. <(2)study, > but I <(3)would rather watch> my favorite show <(4)on television>. 22 The scandal <(1)was brought to light ,> and, <(2)What> was more <(3)surprised,> nobody tried <(4)to keep > it a secret. 26 <(1)On> <(2)the> <(3)moment> <(4)he > <(5)saw> <(6)me>, <(7)he> < (8)waved> <(9)to> <(10)me>. 28 <(1)When> I <(2)reach retirement age > in 1997, I <(3)work> <(4)for the> <(5)construction company> for thirty-five years. 29 Many young people would <(1)rather > spend money on what they want <(2)than> <(3)to> save for the rainy day. 32 There is <(1)little,> <if some,> difference <(3)between them>. 36 <(1)I couldn’t> <(2)go to the concert> <(3)yesterday evening,> <(4)because the trains> <(5)weren’t running, and> <(6)no taxi> <(7)was available, too.> 37 He’s <(1)very> good <(2)at > tennis, but he’s not <(3)most > of a <(4)swimmer>. 43 These shoes <(1)cost me > more than I <(2)had expected>. Two hundred dollars <(3)were > <(4)too much for me>. 46 Not until <(1)then> <(2)I had > thought <(3)of marrying > < (4)that blonde.> <2> (4) <(1)Despite> the time of the year, <(2)yesterday’s> temperature was <(3)enough hot > < (4)to turn on > the air conditioning. (7) I suggest <(1)that> she <(2)go> <(3)to the doctor> as soon as she <(4)will return> from taking the exam. (9) Max would rather <(1)to be fishing> <(2)from his boat> in the lake <(3)than > sitting <(4)at his desk> in the office.

• 正誤の問題を解説していただきたいです。

教えてgooを初めて使うものです。 正誤の問題を解説していただきたいです。 There are many ways (at) which (conflicts) arise. Differences (in) religion,customs,appearance,or background may keep people (from) understanding each other. 4つの()で1つだけ文法的に間違ってる というものです。 解説お願いいたします。

• 至急! 英文翻訳

In fact,when it comes to agricultural imports,Japan buys the most. The products that we import most are wheat, soybeans, and corn.We import them from the United States,Australia, Canada, and China.Why do we import such a lot of agricultural products? It is partly because Japanese have begun to eat more meat. To produce one ton of beef,we need seven tons of grain. To produce seven tons of grain, we need 7,000 tons of water. We are importing millions of tons of grain in order to eat meat. That means we are using billions of tons of water from overseas.

• 意味と文法的解説

I can't even look at the tattoo on the top of his shoulder—making intimacy a struggle. He won't consider removing it. Instead, he's offering to pay for couples therapy to help me "get over it." I'm having trouble with what this means for other decisions we'll make together in the future. Oh, and the tattoo is of a carrot. the tattoo is of a carrot.の意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の選択問題、10問あります。

名詞の問題が多いです。どのような文に正しい名詞が入るのか分かりませんでした。 日本語訳があると助かります。スペルミス等あったらすみません。 1 He gave me()on what I should do in case of emergency.   アan advice イa few advice ウfew advice エsome advice 2 The approrching typhoon has all the()of being a big one.   アsignals イsignatures ウsigns エsymbols 3 Most department stores are crowded with()on Sundays.   アguests イclients ウcustomers エpassengers 4 I have to make()with my dentist.I have a bad toothache.   アan appointment イan application ウa reservation エa promise 5 The word“()”means a person who receives medical treatment from a doctor.   アphysician イpatient ウnurse エparamedic 6 The party was().   アsuccess イa success ウthe success エsucceeded 7 You must pay an extra()to sendthis parcel by registered mail.   アcharge イprice ウcost エbill 8 The word“()”means money to be paid by people or businesses to a government for public purposes.   アincome イsalary ウtax エwage 9 The()for personal computers has dramatically increased recently.   アimportance イsupply ウdependance エdemand 10 The Japanese are().   アhard-working peoples イa hard-working peoples ウhard-working country エa hard-working country 以上です。