• ベストアンサー

訳でつまづいています。アホです。

art works could be bought and buildings improved 美術品を購入し建物を改善することが可能であった この訳なんです、美術品は買うことができる? 美術品を買うことができる。 なんかひっかかります。 could be boughtは受け身なんですか? beはなんなんですか? 教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sphenis
  • ベストアンサー率50% (50/100)
回答No.2

美術品が何かを買う、建物が何かを改善するのではなく(美術品も建物も動きませんから…)、美術品が誰かに買われ、建物が誰かに改善されるんですよね? Someone could buy art works and someone could improve buildings. ↓受け身になる Art works could be bought and buildings could be improved. ↓andの後ろで前半と同じ所は省略される Art works could be bought and buildings improved. と考えると分かりやすいかもしれないです。

bakayarou777
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました! 理解できました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。   美術品は買える、建物はリフォームが出来る、 2。    しかし○○はそう簡単には変えられない、    1のようなことは、出来ると仮定出来るが、2は不可能だ、といった匂いがします。2の場所に続くものがありませんが、1の仮定的な可能性、と2のような「不可能性」を対比させる部分が続くことを予想させる構造です。    品物(美術品を含めて)は売られたり買われたりしますから「受け身」です。

bakayarou777
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語での面接例文の訳仕方と文法について

私はまだまだ英語の面接をできるほどの力をもっていませんが勉強のためにいろいろな文を訳して文法を覚えている者です。 ある英語の面接での例文を見つけて訳しているうちに以下の文をどう訳すのかが分からず投稿しました。 I’m also a self starter and work hard to identify new areas to target and existing areas that can be improved. 上記の文で「I’m also a self starter and work hard to identify new areas to target」までは頑張って辞書を使って訳すことが出来ましたが and 以下が分かりません。 「existing areas that can be improved.」この部分は「改善される事が出来るという既存のエリア」としか今の自分には訳せず四苦八苦してます。 ・この箇所はどう訳され、なぜそう訳すのでしょうか? ・canの次になぜbeがきて受動態のような形となっているのでしょうか? 本当に英語の初心者でこれからどんどん文を訳せるようにしたいと思っていますのでぜひ教えてください。

• 美術関連の原書から(訳に困ってます)

美術関連の原書なのですが、次の部分の意味がよくわからず困っています。 While Bennett’s concern is with the role of affect in trauma-related art, she offers valuable insight into the operation and significance of an affective response to works of art and provocative conceptual tools for understanding the relationship between archive and affect in the work of Staats and Maggs. 最初のWhile は「~している間」と訳すべきではないですよね? operation とか affect とか、どうにも意味がつかめません。 全体の訳を含め、説明していただきたいです

• 【至急】日本語訳を教えて下さい!!

【至急】日本語訳を教えて下さい!! Although he might have achieved, if his health had improved, it is impossible to say. I found none of the shoes completely to my taste. It seems probable, though it cannot be proven, that lying ―and getting away with it― will lead to more lying. "I bought that new model." "Did you? Weren't you saying you didn't like the color? How come you bought it?" 上記の4つの訳がわかりません、誰か教えていただけないでしょうか

• 下記文の訳で困っています。会計の知識が必要なので、余計難しく、、

下記文の訳で困っています。会計の知識が必要なので、余計難しく、、 要約で構いません!お願い出来ませんでしょうか? The big question for commercial and industrial property owners is: What is the split between the core building structure and fit-out, and what will the Government's position be on depreciating fit-out? The IRD plans to review the boundary between buildings and depreciable fit-out for commercial buildings and any changes in this regard will apply from the same date that the zero per cent depreciation rate kicks in. If there are to be few provisional depreciation rates issued for classes of buildings with estimated useful lives of less than 50 years, there is a real expectation that the definition of a depreciable fit-out should be broad. Given it will no longer be possible to apply for special depreciation rates for specific buildings, much work needs to be completed to ensure fair allocation of fit-out components for commercial and industrial buildings. An emerging financial reporting issue, with huge surprises for certain owners of buildings which will no longer be tax-depreciable, involves a significant one-off tax charge against profit. Finally, we would expect that pressure will mount from owners of commercial and industrial buildings for the broadening and increased certainty of what is regarded as tax-deductible repairs and maintenance.

• 英語の訳を教えていただけませんか。

Packet switching and other protocols were designed so that if one or more nodes on the network went down, messages could be flexibly routed around them. The eventual development of reliable electronic mail(E-mail) protocols meant that even lengthy messages and files could be exchanged faster and less expensively than they could by ordinary phone calls. E-mail messages can be transmitted faster than two people can say the same things over the telephone. 訳をお願いします。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (4) Rome was suddenly rich and powerful. But it was also suddenly full of problems. Thousands of unemployed men hung around on the streets of the city, hoping to find work. Many had lost their jobs to foreign slaves, who didn't have to be paid for their labor. Others in the street crowds were poor farmers whose land had been bought by wealthy aristocrats. These men could no longer farm. They couldn't join the army, either─only men who owned land could become soldiers. So what could they do? How could they feed themselves and their families? (5) Rome's elected officials didn't do much to improve the situation. More and more, they concentrated on what would be best for them instead of thinking about the common good. Instead of asking how they could help Rome and its people, they looked for ways to gain money and importance for themselves. Many fought their way to the top through bribery and corruption. Writing in the first century BCE, Sallust─a historian and a senator─describes his country's crisis: “Our country had grown great through hard work and the practice of justice... but then greed destroyed honor, integrity, and all other noble qualities; and intheir place came... cruelty, neglect of the gods, and a belief that everything has a price.” (6) The army became unruly. Rebellious mobs roamed the city. Yet the Senate ignored these problems and tried to govern the sprawling empire as if it were still a small city-state.Rome's leaders seemed to be asking for trouble, and they got it. Trouble's name was Tiberius Gracchus, the older of the two Gracchi brothers.

• この訳あってますか??

The Tower 200 has given me the best workouts I have ever had. As a life-long athlete, imagine my surprise when I could not complete the '11 minute workout no excuses' without resting when I first got the machine. This specific workout is truly the 'mother of all workouts' and has taken me beyond where I thought my body could be. In just six weeks, my body has gone from 'in shape' to ripped! 上記のワークアウト用マシンについての文で、 1.As a life-long athlete,~when I first got the machine. の訳→ 私は日々運動しているのに、最初、休憩なしに「問答無用の11分ワークアウト」をやり遂げられませんでした。この驚きを想像してみてください。 2.In just six weeks, my body has gone from 'in shape' to ripped! の訳→ 6週間で、私の身体は「健康体」から「鍛え抜かれた身体」になりました! 1.は、このマシンのワークアウトは最初はキツイが、段々慣れるということが言いたいのでしょうか? 2.は、rippedの意味が良くわかりません。この人は元々鍛えているが、さらに鍛えられたという意味でしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• どなたか英語を日本語に翻訳してください!

For this I was wondering if you could please send me a reply to the question: “who inspires you?” We are looking for name(s) of people who have inspired and/or influenced you in your work – it could be architects or not, one person or more. It would be great also if you could send me a CV and some examples of your work – both graduate thesis work and professional work if you have it please would be fantastic.

• 日本語訳と英語訳お願いします!

ドイツ人とダイレクトメールでやり取りをしているのですが、返信に困っているので日本語訳をお願いします(>_<) ドイツ語苦手なんだよね~。 いい方向に進むといいね!という 私のメッセージに対しての返信です。 "Paul does only speak a few German words too...and yes, hopefully they will:) Hey but, your German could be worse!😏" この文の日本語訳をお願いします! 「授業が終わったら、すぐに母の日の花を売るバイトに行かなければならない」 この文の英訳をお願いします!

• could/受身について

いつも真剣に拝見させていただいております。 いくつか分からないところがありましたので質問させていただきました。 ***************質問1*************** *If you 【could be go back】 to some time and place in the past,when and where would you go?why? *If I 【could go back】 to a time and place in the past,I would go back to ancient Egypt. 【could be go back】と【could go back】にはどのような違いがあるのでしょうか?? ***************質問2*************** *Yet, they got the stones from one place and moved them to other place to build the pyramids. (訳をお願いします、特にYetがどのような形で訳されるのか分かりません。) *They were build by placing stone blocks on top of each other. ↑(受身でしょうか??全体の文法解説があればよろしくお願いします・訳をお願いします) ************************************ 4つも質問させていただきました。 何卒、よろしくお願いします。