• ベストアンサー

「そんなわけで」って英語で

英語で日記を書いています。 よく「そんなわけで」ってつなぎの言葉で使うのです が英語にどうやって訳していいかわからず、不自然に なってしまいます。 たとえば、今日の日記で Late afternoon, xxxxx(人の名前) came to my desk and asked me, "Do you have a time after the work?" I said, "No, I have a English school, why?" She said, "I and xxxxx(人の名前) will go to eat chinese food. Do you want to come?" I said, "Sounds good! I'll join to you at an hour later." "そんなわけで・・・・"  ↑ここで使いたいんですが、なんと言えばいいかわかりません。 教えてください。 上の英語については文法など間違っているところたくさん有るかと思いますが、あまり気にしないでやってます(^^;) でも、添削して頂けるならば助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

アメリカに35年ちょっと住んでいる者です。 私なりに書かせてくださいね。 私も日記を書くことは大変いいことだと思います. では添削してみますね. >Late afternoon, xxxxx(人の名前) came to my desk and asked me, Late this afterとして、今日の午後遅く、と言う言い方をします. >"Do you have a time after the work?" Do you have some (free) time after work? として、疑問文にもかかわらず、some timeとして、チョット時間ある?と言う時に使います. 何も予定の入っていない、と言う意味で、freeを付け加える事も出来ます. after workとして、仕事が終わった後、という良く使われる言い方です. >I said, "No, I have a English school, why?" an English class/lessonとしてくださいね.ha ve an English schoolだと、学校を経営している事になりますので. why? の前に、butをつけることで、でもなんで? というフィーリングを出す事が出来ます. >She said, "I and xxxxx(人の名前) will go to eat chinese food. Do you want to come?" will goの代わりに、are going and eat some Chinese food.として、行く事にしたんだけど、というフィーリングを出すために、are goingを使い、someをつけることによって、何か中華料理を食べに、と言う言い方をします. Do you wnat to comeは悪くはないですが、このような場合、Soを入れて、だから(一緒に行かない?)という単語を付け加えます. comeだけではなく、come alongと言う言い方をして、いっしょに来ない?と言う言い方になります. また、come alongの代わりに、join us?と言う言い方で、一緒しない、つまり、一緒に行かない?来ない?と言う言い方も出来ますね. >I said, "Sounds good! I'll join to you at an hour later." come alongを使うのであれば、このjoin you (join to youではなく)はいいですね. もし、上で、join us?と言う言い方をしたら、I'll be thereと言う言い方が使えます. at an hour laterはabout an hour laterとして、atを外します.そして時間の事ですが、1時間でいける、と言う事がかなりはっきりしていれば、an hour leterでいいですが、していなければ、about an hour laterと言ったほうがいいとします. I will join you in an hour or soと言う言い方をして、一時間くらいで、という言い方も出来ます. I will join you after an hour (or so)(約)一時間後に、と言う表現も出来ますね. "そんなわけで・・・・" これは、So, がいちばん簡単ですね. So, I ate come Chonese food tonight with these guys!と言う感じですね. At the end of this story, we realy had a great time together. This is how I spent my evening today. 今晩、どのように過ごしたか、分かったでしょ? This is why I was with them tonight. チョット言い訳みたいですが、そんなわけで、今晩は彼らと過ごしたの. これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

koba_nob
質問者

お礼

Gさんいつもお世話になっております。 今回もまた大変丁寧な回答をありがとうございました。 ニュアンスまで説明頂き、わかりやすいです。 どうやら So, が一番合っているようです。 教えて頂いた文章はいつか必ず使用し、必ずものにします。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

>Late afternoon, xxxxx(人の名前) came to my desk and asked me, [遅い午後、xxxxが私の所にやって来て、こう尋ねた] "Do you have a time after the work?" [勉強の後、時間ある?] "Do you have any time after work?" とした方がいいでしょう。timeは不加算名詞なのでaは付けません。 >I said, "No, I have a English school, why?" [ごめん、英語の授業があるんだ。何故?] English は母音から始まっていますのでan Englishですね。 また、英語のレッスンがある、とした方が自然かと思いますので "No,I have an English lesson ,why?" としてはどうでしょう。 >She said, "I and xxxxx(人の名前) will go to eat chinese food. Do you want to come?" [xxxxと中華料理食べに行くんだけど、一緒にどうかなと思って] "I will take xxxx to some Chinese restaurant for dinner.Do you want to come with us?" の様にしてもいいでしょう。 >I said, "Sounds good! I'll join to you at an hour later." [そりゃいいね!1時間後に行くよ] "そんなわけで・・・・" joinは他動詞ですから、join youで君と合流する、君に加わる、となります。 laterはそれだけで副詞なのでan hour laterでよいです。 "Sound good! I'll join you an hour later." と云う事ですが 「そりゃいいね!(そんなわけで1時間後に加わるよ」 と言う流れだと思います。 That's why~も、そんなわけで、ですが そんなわけで~~なのである、と云う文章になると思うので ここでは会話ですから、簡単にsoを使えばいいのではないでしょうか。 "Sounds good! So I'll join you an hour later." でいいと思います。 もう少し堅くてもよければ "Sounds good! For that reason,I'll join you an hour later." もし、「そんなわけで」と云う文章が1時間後に加わるよ、と言った次の独立した文章でしたら、 "Sounds good! I'll join you an hour later." "So,..." 若しくは "That's why...." "Because of that...." "According to that..."(少し堅い) 等でいいのではないでしょうか。 soを用いるのが一番簡単かと思います。

koba_nob
質問者

お礼

丁寧な説明ありがとうございました! So,が一番合っている様です。 > joinは他動詞ですから、join youで君と合流する、君に加わる、となります。 > laterはそれだけで副詞なのでan hour laterでよいです。 ↑この説明とてもわかりやすいです。 でも他動詞と自動詞がイマイチよく解ってないんですが・・・ 「英語は習うより慣れろ」 って英会話の先生によく言われます。もっと練習したいと思います。 ありがとうございました。

• kuugo_t
  • ベストアンサー率13% (2/15)
回答No.1

「そんなわけで」のあとに何が続くかにもよると思いますが、理由→結果という関係にあるなら、That's why... (そういう理由で~になった)や This is why... が「そんなわけで」にもっとも近いと思います。過程を表すのなら、This is how... (こういう経緯で~になった)も使えると思います。ただ、これらは理由や経緯に焦点を置いて言う表現なので、あまり大きな意味はなく「そんなわけで」を使うこともあるでしょうから、そういう場合は、思い切ってなにも書かずに続けると意外にすんなりいくこともあると思います。then や after that くらいで充分なこともあります。 あと、文法的なところで僕ならこうするというところを書いておくと、 have a time → have time after the work → after work have a English school → have an English lesson chinese → Chinese join to you → join you at an hour later → after an hour ・・・といったところでしょうか。 日記、がんばってくださいね。

koba_nob
質問者

お礼

素早い回答大変ありがとうございます! That's why は結構使えそうです。 私の文は結構穴が多いですね。 冠詞を付けるのをよく忘れてしまうんですよね。 もっと勉強していきたいと思います。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳おねがいします。短い英文です。ある文章の一部です。

英語の翻訳おねがいします。短い英文です。ある文章の一部です。 Went to Post Office they said you are the one who have to claim the insurance and not me. Why I have to wait, I do not receive the item. This is useless, I am tired of e-mail back and forth

• こういう時の訳は・・

英語で言いたいのですが、いまいちわかりません 「あなたは愛してるといったのだから、もし今は冷めたのならそういうべきだ」というのはどう英語でいえばいいですか? you said i love you, you have to tell me if you .... すみません翻訳サイトなどは使わず訳せるかたおしえてください

• 英語の訳をおねがいします!

All cultures have set phrases for greeting. No doubt, you have been taught to say, `How are you?` when you greet an English speaker, and to reply with,`Fine, thanks` when someone greets you, but the set phrases differ across cultuers. Although it is common in Chinese to greets people with,`How are you?` it is more common to say, `Have you eaten?` or `Where are you going?` The `Where are you going?` greeting can irritate some people, even though the greeter is just being polite in recognizing your presence by offering a greeting. For example, when I was a student at a university in Shanghai, I had to go to the shower block in order to take a shower. This was a special building, a bath house, where all the showers were. It was pretty easy to tell if someone was going to the shower block. They would be wearing special shower slippers, carrying a large plastic bowl with a bar of soap in it, and have a towel draped around their necks. So when I walked to the shower block and people used to greet me with, `Where are you going?` I often felt like (reply) `Where do you think Iam going to with my slippers, bowl, soap and towel? Make a guess.`

• 訳をお願いします!

You Wouldnt Think I Was Mature If You Hungout With Me, I'm Silly And Do Stupid Things. I Have A Son So I Have To Try To Be Mature. What Do You Mean Japanese Is Immature!?? I Think Your Soo Gawjus, You Look Just Like A Doll..Porcelin Skin..I Fucking Love It. <33 これをよろしくお願いします!

• 基礎英語の訳 急いでます!

基礎英語2の訳を わけがわからないので教えてください。 質問Do you study English to become an expert? 答えNo,I don't,but I want to have pen pals. 答えの訳を教えてくださいっ。

• 訳を手伝ってください(>_<)

This week in Newsweek's frontpage there was an article about "whatever Happened to Having Kids" and It says, more people prefer to have a child or stay childless. I think people is getting wiser about life conditions year by year. More children means more responsibility and people should be aware of being parents. What do you think, you have one and do you plan to have another baby? "whatever Happened to Having Kids" の意味がわかりません。自分なりに訳して”子供を持つことに対して起こるあらゆること”でいいのでしょうか?誰かお願いします。 私は以前gooの英語のカテでたくさん質問をしていたのですがお礼を出す前に質問と自分のIDが全て消えてしまったためお礼できずに名前を変えてしまいました。そのお詫びをここでさせて下さい<(_ _)>

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

So you can see why I believe that Americans are obsessed with time. All of the Americans I know have wristwatches, but many of my Latino friends don't regularly wear one.I don't, Americans are always setting their watches, making sure the time is 'exact.' I once heard two American students arguing about what time it was.One said, 'It's 3:45.' The other said,'No,It's not! It's 3:48, you idiot!'That's how Americans think about time.It's the most important thing in their lives. People do think about time differently after all.It seems to me,thought, that the American and Latino students do everything they're supposed to do.They work and study about the same amount. But the Latinos don't feel as pressured by time as the Americans do. It's no wonder that Americans are so stressed out.

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします!

英語の翻訳をお願いします! 今英語を勉強中で、海外の人とメールのやりとりをしてるのですが、いただいた文の意味が理解できません。 以下を翻訳できる方お願いします。 --------------------------------------------- Now I go to sleep but I see your message so I want to answer you. I'm happy to have to do your meet =) I want to say to you "Have nice day and enjoy it even if it's a little hard" =) I send you my happyness and I hope who you become happy =) Latter I send you an other mail. --------------------------------------------- よろしくお願いします。

• 訳お願いします

"Let It Die" Heart of gold but it lost its pride Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes I've seen your face in another light Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? In too deep and out of time. Why'd you have to go and let it die? A simple man and his blushing bride Intravenous, intertwined Hearts gone cold your hands were tied Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? In too deep and out of time. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Do you ever think of me? You're so considerate. Do you ever think of me? Oh, so considerate. In too deep and lost in time Why'd you have to go and let it die? Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes Why'd you have to go and let it die? Hearts gone cold and hands were tied. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Do you ever think of me? You're so considerate. Did you ever think of me? Oh, so considerate. In too deep and lost in time Why'd you have to go and let it die? Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes Why'd you have to go and let it die? Hearts gone cold and hands were tied. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? 宜しくお願いします><

• 至急訳して頂けますか?

Say,do you know that I'd like to do this afternoon?"he said,turning to me. "While your uncle and aunt are sleeping off this meallet's you and me go on the river and get water on the brain.