• ベストアンサー

英語

英語超初心者です。さる英語の文章を読んで、和訳したのですが、誤りがあれば指摘して頂けたら嬉しいです。 Kathy likes learning about different religions.At the moment,she is reading a history of buddhist.「キャシーは宗教の相違について学ぶことが好きだ。その時、彼女は仏教の歴史(という本を)を読みつつあった。」 説明が下手で大変申し訳ありませんが、回答して頂けたら嬉しいです。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#231624
noname#231624
回答No.3

“different religions” : さまざまな宗教 “at the moment” : 現在は “is reading” : 読んでいる 宗教の相違 : “(the) differences between religions” その時 : “at that moment” 確かに “read” という動詞には 『専攻する』 という意味もありますが、その場合、“the history of buddhist” になるべきです。 今回の場合は、不定冠詞が用いられていますので、『本を読んでいる』 と解釈します。 つたないですが、私の訳例です。。。(恥) 『キャシーはさまざまな宗教について学ぶことが好きだ。今は、仏教の歴史について(の本を)読んでいる。』

noname#147534
質問者

お礼

(不)定冠詞の存在の有無によってそれほどまでに意味の相違が生ずるとは・・・もっと、深読みしなくてはいけないこと、あらためて実感しました。 回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• metzner
  • ベストアンサー率60% (69/114)
回答No.2

No1です。補足します。 reading は (大学である科目を)専攻するという意味があるらしいです。だから訳は「仏教の歴史を専攻している」とするべきみたいです。 「本を」と訳するのは意訳しすぎだと思います。

noname#147534
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 readに「専攻する」という意味があることを初めて知りました。 辞書を確認することの大切さをあらためて実感しました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • metzner
  • ベストアンサー率60% (69/114)
回答No.1

「different religions」 は「様々な宗教」と訳すべきでしょう。differentにはそういう意味があります。あとはいいと思います。

noname#147534
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳説明

和訳してみたのですがどうにも間違っている気がするので 訂正があれば間違っているところを教えてください。 1) Certain actions,especially with the hands and feet, can cause offense in many cultures. 和訳)一部のふるまいは特に手と足は多くの文化を侮辱する原因にできる。 2) In thailand,as in most other Buddhist culturea in Asia, touching a person on the head is very insulting, because the head is the higest part of the body and there fore is considered the most inportant. 和訳)タイでは例えば仏教徒以外のアジアの文化で 人の頭に触ることはとても失礼である。なぜなら頭は体の一部で もっとも高いところにあり前面に一番大切だと考えられているから。 3) Certain gestures made with the hands can have very different meanings depending on the country in whivh you are traveling. 和訳)特定の身振りにはとても難しい意味の場合あなたが国を旅行するのに手によって作られる。 よく長文はどういう順番で訳せばいいのか迷ったあげく解らなくなって しまうことが多いです。何かいい方法はないのでしょうか?

• 【至急】英文の和訳です。よろしくお願いします。

In the third period, the child makes rapid progress in increasing his or her vocabulary and learning new skills in discovering the meaning of unfamiliar words by the way the words are used in the reading material. In addition, children during this period of reading development learn to read for different purposes and in different subjects, such as science and history. They learn that reading, besides being something that one dose at school, is also something that one can do alone,for fun, for factual information, or to learn more about the world in general. Finally, in the fourth period, the student improves the skills that have been leaned. He or she develops the ability to connect ideas from one piece of writing to another, and learns to compare the opinions of different writers on the same subject. Young persons should reach the fourth period of reading by the time they are 13 or 14 years old, and, if they try, they can continue to increase their reading ability for the rest of their lives. They can read by themselves and are prepared to learn more about reading.

• 和訳

和訳例をお願いします。  Many people (as,goes,in,learning,of,on,something,that,think) a classroom. True, we do learn much of our basic knowledge at school. I myself have spent about 20 years studying at various schools and universities. Learning, however, should not stop when one leaves the classroom. (A), the really enjoyable and interesting learning actually begins where formal education leaves off.  This sort of self-learning is very different from the learning of academics. In formal education, although we can choose our fields of study, the actual content of the lessons is always constructed by textbooks, curriculums and tests. Self-learning, on the other hand, is totally free and open. There are no boundary lines to limit or channel our interests. This means that not only can we choose from a virtually unlimited menu of subjects, but also change or redirect our learning at will.  Just to give a few examples, my own self-learning, for the moment at least, includes geology, botany, and zoology, especially entomology and marine biology. These are all topics that I have never studied formally at school, but have developed an interest in later on in life. (B), in any one of these topics, there is much more than I cnuld possibly learn in 100 life-times. The point of self-learning, however, is not to master a subject thoroughly, but to allow ones curiousity to take the lead. While in formal education or in the world of academics this approach would be frowned on, in self-learning, everything is left up to the interests of the individual.  With self-learning, I can concentrate all my efforts on the aspects that interest me most. (C), I love insects, and although I've never looked at an insect though a microscope, I thoroughly enjoy learning about how they live and how their bodies are put together. To organize my self-learning, I divided them up into several basic groups, such as dragonflies or cicadas. I also try to observe and identify a few common local species belonging to each group.  As you can see, self-learning requires no formal training. Anyone can start from nothing, anytime, anywhere. Once a field of interest or topic is developed, there is always something nearby to excite one's curiosity. 【設問】 (A)~(C) 1Needless to say 2For example 3On the contrary 以上です。

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

It is difficult to memorize so many yes, but I'll get there eventually, lol. I read about all that in the book I got. It's interesting how languages are formed. Ha ha I'll consider that when I do go to Japan. Thank you for the suggestion. That's good to hear, as soon as my skills are better I'm actually going to do that myself, read books in Japanese that is. Well you don't have to avoid it entirely, just read a few others before you read Shakespeare. It'd be better to have a grasp on English, trust me, his work is a bit confusing with how he writes is a bit different. Anyways if you enjoy old world type stuff then go for it, just read some others before you do is all I suggest. Well I'm off to study talk yo you later! これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!! ha ha you’re learning the kanji(‘characters’,kanji characters). It’s difficult for you to memorize (many) kanjis a day, isn’t it?(略)Why don’t you name yourself 「玲奈(れいな、reina)」(for example) after Lexi in order to introduce yourself to everyone in Japan when you come to Japan? Yeah, I’m going to enjoy reading books written in English. But okay I’ll avoid reading Shakespeare. I can’t so much as read Japanese classical literature, so I surely can’t read English classical literature,ha ha ha. Then talk to you later ^_^

• 英語の問題((長文です

本文 1 "Mom, my car Dosen't move,″a boy said. 2 His mother answered, "Don't worry. 3 Let's take it to the toy Hospital. 4 Students at Omori Gakuen High School in Tokyo repair toys. 5 They open the "Toy Hospital″ at their school once a month. 6 They use techniques learned at school. 7 Through this service the students learn the spirit of saving things, and they pass on the same spirit to many children. 8 At this school, the students also volunteer for repairing wheelchairs and some other activities. 9 Students enjoy their volunteer work. 10 In Nepal many children cannot study because there aren't enough school. 11 In 1998, students at Nagayoshi High School in Osaka heard about this. 12 That summer, they ren five hundred kilometers for six days through many cities and towns, and collected money. 13 Since then, many students have run for the same purpose. 14 As a result four schools were built in Nepal. 15 But recently, they heard that some children living near the schools could not go to school because they had no money. 16 So the students started to run for a different purpose for these children. 17 Their goal has no end. 18 In Japan, many students are active in various kinds of volunteer work like the students from these two school. 19 How about your school? 次の質問の答えを本文から探して英語で書きましょう。 (1) What do the students at Omori Gakuen High School use to repair toys? (2) How many schools were built in Nepal through the volunteer work by the students at Nagayoshi High School? (3) Are many students active in volunteer activities in Japan? 次の英文を和訳しなさい (a) There is someone waiting for you at the station. (b) Andy likes the singing birds. 本文の訳はいいのですが、 問題が分かりません。。。 どうかお願いします。

• 英語の訳お願いします

長文の訳お願いします。わからず困っています(~_~;) Judaism, Christianity and Islam were all born in the Middle East. a place of sand and rocks with few oases. All three religions venerate the Old Testament which begins with the book of Genesis containing the story of how Adam and Eve were driven from paradise for eating the forbidden fruit. Judaism recognizes the Old Testament as its Bible. Christianity venerates the Old Testament, but also believes in the New Testament, which tells the life story of Jesus Christ.Islam venerates both the Old Testament and the New Testament, and also believes in the Koran, a collection of revelations from God to the Prophet Muhammad. Christ, who was Jewish, is traditionally considered lo have been born in the year 1 A.D. However, based on research into contemporary natural phenomena and Christ's biographical records, it seems he was born between 7 and 4 B.C. His actual birth date is not recorded in the Bible. Until the 4th century, his birthday was thought to be either May 20 or January 6. December 25 was chosen as his birthday long after that. Japanese followers of Buddhism seem to love celebrating festivals, and so they also celebrate the birthday of the founder of a foreign religion. What are the food taboos of Christianity? The distinctions between pure and impure given in the Old Testament are not included in the New Testament. Christians believe God created all living things, and thus no food is considered impure, as long as we give thanks for what we eat. God has provided us with food for another day, and so we adopt a frame of mind in which we thank God for His Kindness. Unlike Islam, Christianity does not ban the drinking of alcohol. However, some Chrisdan sects take different views. For example, Protestantism entered Japan in the Meiji Period, and was strongly against the use of liquor and tobacco. This is good medical advice, and is easy to understand from a religious viewpoint. Broadly speaking, Christianity has had both rigorous and easy-going sects depending on the prevailing ideology of the age. The medieval monasteries of the powerful Catholic Church did not allow the monks to eat meat. One reason seems to be that, in the pre-refrigeration age, the black pepper used to preserve meat had to be imported from the Far East, and so was a real luxury. Black pepper was also thought to stimulate sexual desire, so it was not suitable for celibate monks. lt seems that monks were only allowed to eat meat when they were ill. It is easy to understand why monastery cuisine never became popular in meat-loving Europe. Conversely, Buddhist cuisine which also eschewed meat eating, was widely adopted in Japan because of Japan's long history of meatless cuisine. Many scholars of comparative culture believe thay, because Judaism in the time of Chirst had many strict rules in addition to dietary laws, it was difficult for it to become a broad-based religion with mass appeal. By decreasing the number of laws and taboos of its parent religion Judaism, Christianity opened the door to becoming a worldwide religion.

• 英語の訳お願いします

長文の訳お願いします。わからず困っています(~_~;) Judaism, Christianity and Islam were all born in the Middle East. a place of sand and rocks with few oases. All three religions venerate the Old Testament which begins with the book of Genesis containing the story of how Adam and Eve were driven from paradise for eating the forbidden fruit. Judaism recognizes the Old Testament as its Bible. Christianity venerates the Old Testament, but also believes in the New Testament, which tells the life story of Jesus Christ.Islam venerates both the Old Testament and the New Testament, and also believes in the Koran, a collection of revelations from God to the Prophet Muhammad. Christ, who was Jewish, is traditionally considered lo have been born in the year 1 A.D. However, based on research into contemporary natural phenomena and Christ's biographical records, it seems he was born between 7 and 4 B.C. His actual birth date is not recorded in the Bible. Until the 4th century, his birthday was thought to be either May 20 or January 6. December 25 was chosen as his birthday long after that. Japanese followers of Buddhism seem to love celebrating festivals, and so they also celebrate the birthday of the founder of a foreign religion. What are the food taboos of Christianity? The distinctions between pure and impure given in the Old Testament are not included in the New Testament. Christians believe God created all living things, and thus no food is considered impure, as long as we give thanks for what we eat. God has provided us with food for another day, and so we adopt a frame of mind in which we thank God for His Kindness. Unlike Islam, Christianity does not ban the drinking of alcohol. However, some Chrisdan sects take different views. For example, Protestantism entered Japan in the Meiji Period, and was strongly against the use of liquor and tobacco. This is good medical advice, and is easy to understand from a religious viewpoint. Broadly speaking, Christianity has had both rigorous and easy-going sects depending on the prevailing ideology of the age. The medieval monasteries of the powerful Catholic Church did not allow the monks to eat meat. One reason seems to be that, in the pre-refrigeration age, the black pepper used to preserve meat had to be imported from the Far East, and so was a real luxury. Black pepper was also thought to stimulate sexual desire, so it was not suitable for celibate monks. lt seems that monks were only allowed to eat meat when they were ill. It is easy to understand why monastery cuisine never became popular in meat-loving Europe. Conversely, Buddhist cuisine which also eschewed meat eating, was widely adopted in Japan because of Japan's long history of meatless cuisine. Many scholars of comparative culture believe thay, because Judaism in the time of Chirst had many strict rules in addition to dietary laws, it was difficult for it to become a broad-based religion with mass appeal. By decreasing the number of laws and taboos of its parent religion Judaism, Christianity opened the door to becoming a worldwide religion.

• 英語のエッセー 指定された語句だけで書く、制約あるエッセーについて

英語のエッセーについてお聞きします。 「書く」ということなので解答の単語はわかります。また構文の関係、序論、本論、結論の3つにわけ、序論は一段落で、本論は三つの段落で、結論は一つの段落で書くのが200words~300wordsの場合よいというのは知っております。 ですが、このような問題があります。与えられたトピックについて、200words前後でエッセーを書くものです。トピックに対して、その内容をカバーする6つのポイントが与えられるので、その中から3つを選び、英文を書くものです。 例としまして、 Topic How can sports contribute to world peace 「スポーツがいかに世界平和に貢献できるか」というトピックに対して、 Ambassadors/ other cultures / Entertainment / Sportmanship / Team work /society 解答例 The world-wide sports arena is witnessing an increase in the number of athlestes playing professionally on foreign teams. When athletes , like Hideo Nomo, Ichiro Suzuki and Hideki Matsui play for fans in their host country , they can do woders for sagging international morale. Let's example some of the ways sports contribute to world peace. Fist of all , as we have noted above , athletes can become ambassadors for their country , just by their exemplary sportmanship. Fans can become interested in the cultures of the players , just as they bocome interested in the players themselves. Not only individual athletes, but teams , in favorable circumstances, such as Olympic events , the World Cup , the Asian Cup and other tournaments can instill a desire to learn about the country of the players ,meet other foreigners or tavel to other contries. All of this interaction, publicity and learning promotes peaceful understanding between contries Most importantly, sports ,whether team sports or individual sports , have the power to unite people of different languages , religions and cultures , because any sport is a universal form of entertainment. A sport doesn't need language to be understood. Team sports, in particular, teach the invaluable lesson of peace- that working together is the best way to achive any goal. (解答例をみてもよくわからないです) この内容が正直あまり聞きなれないことなので、与えられた使節、多文化、娯楽、スポーツマンシップ、チームワーク、社会、という言葉を、どう使ったらいいのかわかりません。 (この問題の解答をおききしているわけではありません) 厳しい道のりでもいいです。一体どのような対策を「具体的に」していけばいいのですか?NHKを見たりして、時事問題に関心を寄せていますが、それだけでは書けないように思われます。 6つのポイントで、どれもなじみのない単語(見たことはある、知っている単語だが、それをどう使ったらいいのか分からない場合)がある場合は、一体どうすればいいのですか? もちろん、そうならないためにも学習します。何をどうやったら、どういう方向で学習を進めていったらいいのか具体的な指針が見えてきません。手探りで進んでいる状態です。このような問題には「想像力」がひつようなのでしょうか? 他の例  Topic Differences between day schools and bording schools hobbies / Family time / communication / social skills / Independence / Responsibilities topic Changes in Japanese women's attitudes toward their careers Discrimination / Independence / Liberation / Gender-related jobs / Economic causes / Women's education 使われる語句がすでに限定されてしまっているので、制約がついている分、書きにくく感じます。このような問題は、大学で出題される「自由英作文」の対策と全く同じやり方で取り組んでいいのでしょうか?

• 私は英語が喋れないので...を英語で

英語のディスカッションの誘いが来たのですが、「私は英語が喋れないのでそのディスカッションには参加できません。」を失礼のない英語で返事したいのですが、教えていただけないでしょうか?

• 英語と英語

単純に気になったんですが・・・ アメリカは英語ですよね? イギリスも英語? イギリスの言葉がアメリカに伝わった? ということは両国は同じ言葉を話す。 で、合ってますか?