• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

Francis Hope's wife left him. Evalyn McLean's husband became ill. James Todd took the diamond to the Smithsonian Institution. The Hope family bought the diamond.

• tkdmgm
  • お礼率99% (129/130)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> Francis Hope's wife left him.  フランシス・ホープの妻は彼のもとを去った。 > Evalyn McLean's husband became ill.  エヴァリン・マクリーンの夫は病気になった。 > James Todd took the diamond to the Smithsonian Institution.  ジェームズ・トッドはそのダイアモンドをスミソニアン博物館に持っていった。 > The Hope family bought the diamond.  ホープ一家がそのダイアモンドを買った。 * 固有名詞が入っているのでとっつきにくそうに見えるだけです。

tkdmgm
質問者

お礼

わかりやすくありがとうございます! またお願いします(T_T)

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

The Hope family bought the diamond in the 1830s. Soon after, Francis Hope's wife left him and he had to sell the diamond because of financial problems. The diamond then became known as the Hope Diamond.

• 和訳お願いします

In 1958, a mailman named James Todd brought the diamond to its present home at the Smithsonian Institution. Soon after, his wife died and his house burned down.

• 和訳お願いします。

Millionaire Evalyn McLean loved jewelry―and stories of bad luck. In 1911, she had the opportunity to buy the Hope Diamond. Afterwards, two of her children died, and her husband became ill.

• 和訳お願いします

All of the bad luck can be explained by chance. The curse probably made Evalyn McLean's husband ill. Several deaths have been caused by the curse. The Smithsonian Institution will probably have bad luck in the future.

• 和訳お願いします。

In 1668, the French royal family bought a large diamond from India. It became known as the "French Blue." When King Louis XVI and his wife were executed in 1797, some people linked their deaths with the diamond's curse.(However, two earlier kings had worn the diamond and not had bad luck.)

• real estate

My husband met a gal 33 years younger than he is at a doctor's office. It seems they became close, so they went off and bought real estate together in another state. 「不動産を買った」とはbought a land, building, etcということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします

Many years have passed. Although my Japanese is still far from perfect, I became a professional at domo-ing. I found it to be a very happy expression. Not long ago I was packing my bags to go back home for a vacation. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My friend James was standing there. He had been in Japan for only one month and was planning to stay another two years. He was carrying a box with him. "Could you please give this little present to my girlfriend when you arrive?' He said 'little " but to me the box looked very big. I took a quick look at my bags. They were really full and very heavy. It was impassible to make anything else fit in. However, I felt kind of rude saying no. Without even thinking almost it, my face changed into an expression of worry. I said, "Sore wa doomo..." James looked at me very surprised and asked, "Why are you thanking me? This is not a present for you." I was too tired to explain anything, so I gave him a copy of this article.

• 和訳

The Leales were very worried about Soseki’s mental problems. They recommended him to try bike-riding,a popular hobby in Britain at the time. Soseki followed their advice and began bike-riding. His cycling trips through the parks let him get back in touch with the world around him. This may have helped his mental condition. He even wrote about his poor cycling skills in a comical essay,”A Bike-riding Journal.” Thanks to the kindness of the people around him,Soseki recovered. In October 1902,he took a trip to Scotland for a week. It was his only sightseeing trip while in Britain,and he had a wonderful time. He finally felt some joy come back to his life. In December of that year,with 400 books he had bought,he left for Japan,returning in late January 1903. In one essay Soseki wrote: “My two years in London were the most unhappy two years of my life.” Soseki suffered a lot,but out of his suffering he learned many precious things that were later reflected in his writing. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, Why did he start bike-riding? 2, When and where did he go sightseeing in Britain? 3, As he himself wrote,do you think his two years in London meant nothing to him? 和訳と問題をお願いします。

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m5

Before his tragic death, most people had not known much about what he had done for the people of Latin America. But now people everywhere were deeply moved by his braveand humanitarian actions. In Latin America and the United States, a great number of people paid their last respects to this real hero. In 1973, many events took place in honor of Roberto. He became the first Latin America to be elected into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. The Pirates retired Roberto's number 21. That means no other Pirates player would ever wear that number. Major League Baseball honored him by setting up the "Roberto Clemente Award," the highest award in baseball for sportsmanship and devotion to people in need. "He was such a great inspiration to the young and to all in baseball, and above all, to the proud people of his homeland, Puerto Rico."

• 和訳お願いします The Tigress and

Proudfoot, a tiger, became tired of his mate, Sabra, a few weeks after they had set up housekeeping, and he fell to leaving home earlier and earlier in the morning, and returning later and later at night. He no longer called her “Sugar Paw,” or anything else, but merely clapped his paws when he wanted anything, or, if she was upstairs, whistled. The last long speech he ever made to her at breakfast was “What the hell’s the matter with you? I bring you rice and peas and coconut oil, don’t I? Love is something you put away in the attic with your wedding dress. Forget it.” And he finished his coffee, put down the Jungle News, and started for the door. “Where are you going?” Sabra asked. “Out,” he said. And after that, every time she asked him where he was going, he said, “Out,” or “Away,” or “Hush.” When Sabra became aware of the coming of what would have been, had she belonged to the chosen species, a blessed event, and told Proudfoot about it, he snarled, “Growp.” He had now learned to talk to his mate in code, and “growp” meant “I hope the cubs grow up to be xylophone players or major generals.” Then he went away, as all male tigers do at such a moment, for he did not want to be bothered by his young until the males were old enough to box with and the females old enough to insult. While waiting for the unblessed event to take place, he spent his time fighting water buffaloes and riding around with plainclothes tigers in a prowl car. When he finally came home, he said to his mate, “Eeps,” meaning “I’m going to hit the sack, and if the kids keep me awake by yowling, I’ll drown them like so many common house kittens.” Sabra stalked to the front door of their house, opened it, and said to her mate, “Scat.” The fight that took place was terrible but brief. Proudfoot led with the wrong paw, was nailed with the swiftest right cross in the jungle, and never really knew where he was after that. The next morning, when the cubs, male and female, tumbled eagerly down the stairs demanding to know what they could do, their mother said, “You can go in the parlor and play with your father. He’s the tiger rug just in front of the fireplace. I hope you’ll like him.” The children loved him. MORAL: Never be mean to a tiger’s wife, especially if you’re the tiger.