Managing Work and Family Schedules: A Balancing Act

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Mothers like Renee Lewis struggle to manage their work and family schedules, facing competitive demands on their time.
  • Managing a busy schedule can be challenging for working mothers like Renee Lewis, who often have to prioritize personal tasks over their professional responsibilities.
  • The balancing act of managing work and family schedules is a constant struggle for mothers like Renee Lewis, who feel the pressure of choosing between personal and professional commitments.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

VOA

Mothers like Renee Lewis, CEO and President of the Maryland-based Pensare Group, which advises businesses, struggle to manage their work and family schedules. “You end up with very strong and compelling competitive demands on time. You’re always having to choose, and admittedly, I end up choosing many personal things out of the day. I see that as a huge risk," Lewis said. "I didn’t sign up to be Superwoman/mom/wife.” 私なりに訳しましたがこんな感じでどうでしょうか? あなたは、とても根強く避ける事の出来ない競争の激しい要求を時間通りに(決まった時間に)結局はやる事になる。 決めなければならない事だらけだし、まあ確かに私も一日中多くの個人的な事を決める事でいっぱいだわ。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

最初の you は「あなた」と二人称に特定したものではなく、「仕事と家庭掛け持ちの女性」一般で、=われわれ、究極は=わたし、という使い方ですから、日本語の「あなた」より応用範囲が広いかもしれません。      I see that as a huge risk,以下はまだですね。     とてもいい訳だとおもいます。

buturikko1
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。またお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• VOA

"It's very hard to combine motherhood with employment because there [are] so few work-family support [systems,]" said Arian Hegewisch of the Institute for Women's Policy Research. "And the assumption is that that's all up to you. It's a private choice to have children, and so you have to make the arrangements and there's no real support from society." 最後の英文において and there's 以下は It's a private choice to have childrenの部分と並列でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• VOA

“I’ve had to create a “call-out” plan so the kids know the order they call others to get a ride or some help under what circumstances,” Lewis explained. “The kids also schedule their own appointments with the orthodontist, for example, and put those dates on the calendar.” 私は「挑戦」計画を考えなきゃいけなかったわ。 どんな状況下でも人を呼んで車に乗せてもらうとか助けてもらうなどの世の中の規律を教えてるためにね。 と訳しましたが、上手い訳を教えて下さい。 ちなみにworking motherの話です。 よろしくお願いします。

• VOAの記事

英語やり直し組みです Firstly, I am going to Rangoon to investigate the truth behind the painful incident of a Japanese national who was killed, and to ensure the safety of Japanese residents in Myanmar," Yabunaka said. "Secondly, and this is the wish of the whole international community, to urge the rulers not to use force and to exercise restraint, negotiate seriously with the democratic movements of the country and start building a road towards democracy." to urge以下の意味がよくわかりません。 (1)and to exercise のtoはto useではなくto urgeと同列?なのでしょうか?to useと同列?と考えるとto exercise restraintにもnotがかかって変に感じます。 (2)(1)と関係があるのかもしれませんがto exercise restraintはどういう意味なのでしょうか? to restrain exerciseなら「行動を制限する」だと思いますが逆だと「抑制を行動する??」よくわかりませんし、同じような意味なら逆のほうがわかりやすいように感じます。 (3)to urge~restrant,はnegotiateの内容みたいなものでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英英辞典で分からない所があります。

下記は英英辞典の熟語「end up」の意味の1つです。 http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/end+up end up (somewhere) and wind up (somewhere) to finish at a certain place. If you don't get straightened out, you'll end up in jail. I fell and hurt myself, and I wound up in the hospital. 分からないのは1行目の「(somewhere) and wind up (somewhere) to finish at a certain place.」で 特に最初の「(somewhere) and~」の部分です。 どなたか意味が分かる方がいましたら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です "Well, I don't want to make too big a deal of it, but I've asked my staff to go back and take a look at everything we're doing here, to look at the situation, to reassess where we are so that we can have a firm understanding of the situation," he said. "And as we figure out what we want to do strategically in the country, how we can do it better." (1)最後のhowについて howは感嘆文のhowでしょうか?もしそうならこの場合は 「私たちがその国で戦略的にしたい事を私たちが見つけ出す時、(驚いた感じで)私たちはそれをよくすることが出来る」といった感じでしょうか?意味はわかるのですが感嘆文にする必要があるように見えないですし、使い方が変に感じます。。。 このhowは本当に感嘆文なのでしょうか? (2)I've asked my staff to go back…について 根本的に間違えているのかもしれませんが asked my staff to go back asked my staff to take a look at everything we are doing here asked my staff to look at the situation asked my staff to reassess where we are ということでしょうか? もしそうならand , , と言う順番で繋がっていますが本来, , andではないのでしょうか?それともこういう場合はどっちでもいいのでしょうか? またto takeだけtoがないのですがこれは何故なのでしょうか? (3)to reassess where we areはto reassess hereでも大丈夫でしょうか? そもそもwhere we are=hereだと思うのですが使い分ける必要はあるのでしょうか? お願いします。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です "I think that the debate has really moved on," he said. "It's really not about principles, it seems to me, any more. It's about pacing. And that's where I think deference should be paid to the views of those conducting the operations." (1)全体の流れが見えません。 「私は討論は本当に進んでいると思う」 「それは思想のことではない何か他の事だと私は思う」 「それはペーシング?です」 「そしてthose conducting the operationsの視点に払われるべき敬意だと私は考える」 意味がわからないです。。。 pacingがwhereと関係あるように思えるのですが何の事なのかがさっぱりです。 それとbutとかthoughとかを使っていないのですが問題ないのでしょうか? お願いします。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です "I want to tell them it's wonderful to be home, to see the sugar cane fields, to see the paddy fields and to breathe the air from which I come," (1)最後のto breathe the air from which I comeがわかりません。 「…そして私が来る空気から呼吸する事??」 whichが何のことかがわかりません…そもそもI come from the air自体意味がわかりません。。。どういう意味なのでしょうか? (1)の前文ですが After reading the Koran and sprinkling rose petals on the graves, she said she wanted to tell her supporters that she is glad to be back. (2) she is glad to be back.について。 最初見た時違和感を覚えました。「戻る事が出来てうれしい」では?と思うのですが、この文にそのようなニュアンスはあるのでしょうか? (3)また「戻る事が出来てうれしい」をcanを使って言う場合は最後にshe canをつけるのでしょうか?以前to buy everything they canというのがあったので大丈夫のような気もしますが she is glad to be back she can. sheがしつこいように感じますが…大丈夫なのでしょうか? お願いします。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です The Bear Stearns deal occurred at about the same time the Fed announced it would cut its lending rate to financial institutions a quarter point to 3.25 percent (1)a quarter pointについて 「Fedはfinancial institutionsへの金利を3.25%切るだろう」 大体こんな感じだと思うのですがa quarter pointの意味、そして置かれている場所がよくわかりません。。。 この「4分の1」は何に対しての「4分の1」なのでしょうか?意味がわからないのでなんとも言えませんが、場所も変に見えます。a quarter pointは何故この場所なのでしょうか? The bank sale valued Bear Stearns at about $250 million, far less than the $4 billion market value at the end of last week, in what amounts to a stunning collapse of one of the world's largest and most respected investment banks. (2)in whatについて このin whatはbecause of,due toなどのような原因を表しているように見えるのですが「because ofのように『直接~が原因』と言い切っているのではなく原因だけどあえて断言はしない」といった風に感じたのですが、そのような考え方であっているのでしょうか? お願いします。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です "Essentially, at this point, to have any hope of going forward where General Musharraf would have a continuing role, he would have to completely undo everything that he has done to date. And I don't see any sign that he's going to do that." (1)role,までの意味がわかりません。 「本来はムシャラフ大統領の続いている役の前に行く望みを持つ事?」 かなり意訳すればなんとなくわかりますが次の文が「彼は今までやってきた事の全てを紐解く(緩める)必要があるだろう」のような感じで全く繋がりがないように感じます。 かなり省略しますが「本来は希望を持つ事、彼は今までやってきた…」のように最初のカンマまでの文が何を示すのかよくわからないです。。。 お願いします。。

• 次の文章を日本語にしてください。

I would be happy to start the book over with I would be happy to start the book over with you if you'd like. I can come up with some text to share with you. I think this book is awesome and I really like how it has the definition of the words. In my opinion learning the words of what you are saying is a great idea and will help you be able to speak with other people and have conversations. I look forward to our lesson today