• ベストアンサー

翻訳お願いします

First, he is mortal. Second, the odds against him are not only actuarial — the inevitable odds we all face — they are clinical.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

第一に、彼は死ぬべき運命にある。第二に、彼に生き延びる見込みがないということは、保険屋が算出するような確率の低い話しばかりでなく、この避けられない見込みは我々全員が直面するものであるのだが、臨床医が冷静に算出したものである。 保険屋・・・「保険をかける時には、あまり切実に自分が死ぬことを考えてない」という比喩 臨床医・・・「人は死ぬものだ」という考えを、医者の立場から述べるような冷静さの比喩 だと思います。 「彼は」と訳しましたが、前後関係により「人間は」の意味になり、男女の区別なく he で受けているかも知れません。

spaider01
質問者

お礼

ネイティヴな比喩は英文ではなかなか意味が入ってこないですね・・・ ありがとうございます!非常に勉強になります。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#142463
noname#142463
回答No.1

第一に、彼は必滅である。第二に、彼に対するオッズは統計上だけのことではなく、現に病床にあるからである。誰もが向き合うオッズなのだが。 mortal (必滅の、いつかは死ぬ運命の) Man is mortal. 人はいつかは死ぬものだ。 odds (賭け金に対する配当率) 賭ける対象の勝算が大きいほど、オッズは小さくなる。 小説の一部でしょうか。なかなか面白そうな感じ。

spaider01
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! スティーブジョブスが亡くなったことについての記事を見つけて読もうとしたら出だしから意味がわからなかったものです。 http://www.esquire.com/print-this/steve-jobs-1008?page=all

関連するQ&A

• 英語翻訳

The professor said there are two things which parents all over the world should do : first, they should limit the number of offspring to help reduce birthrates to head off a global population explosion ; second, they should cut down on thier consumption and the amount of garbage they produce. These efforts, he added, are needed not for the benefit of others but for self-defense. 日本語訳してほしいです。出来るだけ正確にお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします 英→日

first of all, As I did explain . this is something Centeral bank need to answer and they will make it clear when we are to take offshore clients.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Sarah sanders is complaining that the medias biased against this administration. They are hostile to him because he's a dangerous asshole. Not because of anything else. Sanders says it's not fair. She been called a liar - She has lied - If the people are hostile to you then there's probably a reason. They wouldn't act this way towards a real president. They never have. This guy is a dangerous malignant senile racist women hating narcissist - And the press is treating him that way. If they weren't we'd be in big trouble. They want to be able to lie and be racist horrible people. And they don't want anyone quoting their lies back to them. That's unfair!!

• 翻訳お願いします 英→日

first of all, As I did explain . this is something Centeral bank need to answer and they will make it clear when we are to take offshore clients. ※なるべく精度の高い翻訳お願いします

• 翻訳をお願いします。

以下の文章の訳をお願いします。 Ah! Damn! Jun fell out of his wheelchair into the grass today, and couldn't get himself back up. Darling, can't we do anything to cure his legs? I've asked all around about it, honey. They say physical therapy, exercise, or spa, are about all you could do to fight muscular dystrophy. It takes time. We've tired them all, haven't we? We tired injections, too. But he is not improving at all. Doctors say the causes of muscular dystrophy are not really known yet. No, I can't accept it, no way. No hope for recovery? No.

• 翻訳お願いします。

私はたぶん彼の事が好きです。 わたしも彼のことが好きだし、 彼も私のことを好きだといってくれています。 けれども、やっぱり 言葉の壁とか、価値観の違い、 住んでる場所が違うから 最終的には友達でいよう、 それが今私達のすることだって ことになりました。 (わたしは本当にお互いが好きなら 上記に書いてあることは関係ないと おもうけれど・・・) 今まではハグまでだったけど、 最近はそれ以上にまで手を出すように なってきました。 私は恋人じゃないとその行為は したくないから、断りました。 彼に「あなたにとってわたしってなに?」と 聞きました。そしたら「親友だよ」と帰ってきました。 友達なのにこんな関係を持ちたがるっておかしいよね? であった最初の頃はいっぱい連絡くれたり 会ってたりしていたけど、今はほとんどありません。 彼いわく今わたしから距離をとっておいたらお別れするときに 悲しまなくすむっていっていたけど本心かな? 私にとっては言い訳にしか聞こえなくて・・・。 わかるところは自分的に訳してみました。 ぐちゃぐちゃな文法などですが 良かったら正しい文章を教えていただけませんか? maybe I like him. I like he so much,and he likes me so much, but we cant understand each other well, diffarence word,we live other country, so finary,we dicided we should keep friend. ( if we love each other,i think its wrong) I asked t him [what am i to you?] and he said, [we are fust best friend] is it not good for us,right? when first time we met,we can a lot of hang out and message me,but now is no it.

• 翻訳お願いします!!

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. If we can conquer outer space, we should be able to conquer inner space, too: the frontier of the brain, the central nervous system, and all the afflictions of the body that destroy so many lives and rob our country of so much potential. の訳なのですがうまく訳せないので分かる方お願いします。自分で訳すと 私たちの夢の非常に多くは初めは不可能に見えます。次に、それらは起こりそうもなく見えます。次に、私たちが意志を呼び出す場合、それらはすぐに避けられなくなります。私たちは、宇宙を征服することができれば、潜在意識を克服することができるに違いありません:脳、中枢神経系、および非常に多くの生命を破壊し、我々が国からこれほど多くの可能性を奪う身体のすべての苦悩のフロンティアです。

• 翻訳お願いします。

Once the zoo dentists have treatedthe sea lion, they move on to a much bigger animal-an elephant! Elephants are Dr.Brown's favorite animals, because they have the most interesting teeth. As he displays one of the huge teeth, he explains:“This is an elephant molar. They do not have any side-to-side movement;they can only go back and forth.” Elephants use six sets of teeth in a lifetime. When the last set of teeth is gone, they can no longer eat and will die. Today the zoo dentists are treating sue, a ten-year-old female african elephant. While they perfome their examination, they not only check the teeth in Sues mouth, but also look at her tusks. An elephant's tusks are actually teeth and must be treated and checked like them,too.For the dentists, Sue is the perfect patient because she stands quietly while they examine her. She gets an excellent report from the dentis,too. “Perfect!”says Dr.Brown.“Her teeth look wonderful!”  So far, the zoo dentists' patients have been great, but not all animals behave so well. Have they ever been bitten? “No, we have never been bitten, but almost,“ says Dr.Brown, laughing. “A couple of times we have had to move pretty quickly to get our fingers out of the way!” 自分で訳してみても全くわからないのでお願いします。

• リチャード・バックの翻訳

「飛べ銀色の空へ」リチャード・バック (著)の以下の部分が、稲葉 明雄 (翻訳) 草思社(絶版)ではどのように訳されているか探しています。 "The odds against our breaking the biplane in a little town that happened to be home to a man with the 40-year-old part to repair it; the odds that he would be on the scene when the event happened;the odds that we'd pushed the plane right next to his hanger, within ten feet of the part we needed-the odds were so high that 'coincidence' was a foolish answer."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Yesterday we took the Starman show back to the scene of the crime (or crimes) - we were at the famous NRG studios and it was awesome. This is the place where I mixed my first platinum rekid. It was a soundtrack in 1999 - anyways we could have gone to 100 different studios but I wanted to go someplace connected to the story. This was the first place I witnessed full rock and roll drama. Scott Weiland and his band screaming at each other - he was high - they were mad - and he literally ran off into the north Hollywood night because they blocked his car in. Found him hours later asleep outside lavish studio. True. Story. So I rented that room. Why not.