My New Interest: Leading to Destruction

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I lost interest in everything else.
  • My new interest was to lead to my own destruction.
  • Science, especially chemistry and electricity, became my main interest.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の解説をお願いします。

下記の英文の和訳の添削と解説をお願いできませんでしょうか。 My new interest was to lead to my own destruction.の文に関しては理解できなかったので、 解説をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 But now I lost interest in everything else. My new interest was to lead to my own destruction. From this time, science, especially chemistry and electricity, was my main interest. I red widely, attended the lectures, and got to know many of the teachers. しかし、私は今すべてのことに興味を失った。 My new interest was to lead to my own destruction. この時から科学、特に化学と電気学が私の主な興味の対象となった。 私は、広範囲にわたって読書をし、講義に参加した。そして、多くの先生と知り合った。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

私の新しい興味は、私自身の破滅に私を導くことになった。 be + to は、下記のように「~ということになる」という意味です。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/was+to/UTF-8/  和訳はとてもよく出来ていると思います。(終わりの行の red は、read ですね。)  

dartymac
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。理解できました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の解説をお願いします

英文の解説をお願いします I'm going to Adelaide March 25 to meet my new employer, and I was hoping you could show me the place the next morning. という文で訳は 「私は、新しい雇用主に会うためアデレードに3月25日に行く予定なのですが、その物件を翌日の午前中に見せていただけないでしょうか。」 となっています。 この英文では何故、was hopingと過去形なのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

"I'm quite pleased to have attended and received her insight" 「私は講演会に参加して、彼女の洞察力に共感できてうれしかったです」 この文章で使われている"have"はどういう意味をもっているのでしょうか ? 過去だからなのかなと推測はできますが、よくわからないので教えてください。 また、"I was quite pleased to attend and receive her insight"と書き換えることはできますか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 I would go to the war - I would kill and maybe die - because I was embarrassed not to. という文の『I was embarrassed not to』 という箇所が文法的にどう解釈すればいいのか分かりません。わかる方がいれば教えてもらえませんか? ちなみに、この文章の後には、下記の文が続きます。 That was a sad thing.And so I sat in the bow of the boat and cried.(それは悲しいことでした。私はボートの選手に座って泣きました。)

• 英文の一部だけ解説お願いします。

There was a time in my life when I would not have been so sensitive to my friend's feelings. I would have probably given her a sermon about the benefits of discipline and the dangers of overeating and poor nutrition. However, I would not have succeeded in doing anything but making my friend feel guilty and condemned. When she asked me to share ideas that might help her I did so, 『 but with an attitude that did not make her feel that I had it all together and she was a mess.』 I have discovered that one way to love people is to help them not to feel worse about the things they already feel bad about. (Joyce Meyerの本より抜粋) かぎカッコをつけた部分だけ文法も含めた解説をお願いします。

• So happy as to 〜の解釈について

添付ファイル文章の I was so happy as to interest you in my opinions の解釈が難しいです。 私はあなたを自分の意見に興味を持たせるほど満足だった。 と、よく分からないです。 解説お願いします。

• この英文の意味を教えてください。

What was the experience like? I see it as a very positive thing. I think it’s an honor to play on all those other people’s records. And even if sometimes it took away from my own personal time, I think that only made me more anxious to do my own things. So when I finally did get the chance, I was full of ideas and motivation. and even if 以降がどうもあやふやです。何が言いたいのでしょうか・・・。 ほかの人とプレイすることによって自分の時間を失うことがあったけど、不安といえるのはそれくらいなもんだった。 こんな感じですか?その続きのso when以降もお願いいたします。

• 文法の解説お願いします。

下記の英文の解説お願いします。 I think the lyrics and music for the new album is just so personal and【writing it was】 【writing it was】の部分が理解できず上手く訳せません。 詳しい解説お願い致します。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

The reason they gave for not promoting me was that I was worth more to the company as a salesman than a manager. (出典 スーパートレーニング実践活用例文555) この英文で、全体の意味は理解できるのですが、they gave for not promoting me のところが、文法的に理解できません。それと、 I was worth more to the company as a salesman than a manager. は、 I was more worth to the company as a salesman than a manager. では、だめなのでしょうか? 解説の方、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

下記の文の have cut swaths of destruction の部分がわかりません。 わかる方がいましたら、解説をお願いします。 全体としての意味はつかめたと思います。下記の通り和訳して見ました。 The powerful tornadoes and other extreme weather events that have cut swaths of destruction across the United States over the past month have prompted many to wonder if they are part of a new trend. Are these violent storms the result of climate change, or can they be explained as normal weather variations? ここ数ヶ月にわたってアメリカを破壊した竜巻やそのたの天候は、多くの人にそれが、新しい傾向の一部なのかという疑問を抱かせている。これらの激しい竜巻は、気候の変動によるものなのか、それとも正常な気候の1部なのか。

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)   

英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^) 3日分ありますので、簡単な添削で結構です。 Sunday March 13, 2006    It started snowy, but it was sunny later. My son, who will be 3 years old this April, tease me to read many picture books lately. He brought about 10 books to me before sleeping on his usual way tonight, so I had to read them for him. It was tough to read all of them at night, buy I think it is important to develop his mind. I will do my best for him. Tuesday, March 14, 2006 It was cloudy today. I had my hair dye and cut today. Although my son noticed my change, yet my husband didn’t notice it at all. (noticeが2回目なので違う表現がしたいのですが...)I wondered if once a man married a woman, he lose interest to his wife! Wednesday, March 15, 2006 We had fine weather today. I went out having lunch with my friends of three. (友達は友達でも、「ママとも」と表現したいのですが...)We drank two glasses of wine and ate spaghetti. They were very delicious and we chatted for a long time drinking wine. I spent pleasant time so I felt my stress of daily chores went off.