Kan vows government will do everything for quake-hit victims

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Japanese Prime Minister Kan spoke to Miyagi Gov. Yoshihiro Murai over the phone and vowed that the government will do everything it can to help the quake-hit victims.
  • Kan urged the governor to submit any requests for aid.
  • Kan will be at his office monitoring the status of the nuclear plant and aid for the victims.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文ニュースについて

Kan, who will now be at his office monitoring the status of the nuclear plant and aid for quake-hit victims, spoke to Miyagi Gov. Yoshihiro Murai over the phone and vowed the government will ‘‘do everything it can.’’ He urged the governor to submit any requests. spoke toから後ですがkanは宮城知事のYoshihiro Murai に電話で話し、そして政府はできることはなんでもすると誓った。でいいでしょうか? Miyagi Govの後のピリオドがいささか疑問です。ここでピリオドってなんか変じゃありませんか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

>spoke toから後ですがkanは宮城知事のYoshihiro Murai に電話で話し、そして政府はできることはなんでもすると誓った。でいいでしょうか? その通りです。 Gov. は Mr. Dr. Prof. などと同じで Governor の短縮形です。 Governor すなわち「知事」の意味です。 宮城県の村井嘉浩知事ということです。

gklkjoo
質問者

お礼

そういうことでしたか!ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文をお訳し願います。

A world of craft production and barter would have little use for the quantifier’s tools, and would be impervious to them. It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms. This is undoubtedly so, though there is more than a hint here of a false dichotomy. Numbers that have no credibility as truth claims will be less effective also at projecting power and coordinating activity. 上記英文中の,It has been urged that accounts have less to do with representing conditions than with guiding behavior in large firms.をお訳し願います。

• 【至急】英文の和訳です。よろしくお願いします。

It is now generally accepted that the child's reading ability progresses through several periods of reading development. The first period, known as "reading readiness," begins at birth and continues normally until the age of about six or seven. Reading readiness includes the physical ability to see and hear, and the mental ability to remember words and their letters, and to use simple sentences. In the second period of reading development, children learn to read very simple materials. In the United States, children usually will be able to read perhaps 300 or 400 words by the end of the first year. By the end of this period., pupils are expected to be reading and enjoying simple books by themselves without help from teachers or parents.

• 英文翻訳お願いします

Mr. Kan has ordered 100,000 troops from Japan's-Defence Forces to the region, but according to Mr. Niinami their task is to find dead bodies rather than distribute supplies. He has urged the authorities to divert passenger planes to help airlift provisions. Others in the affected region blame the bureaucratic mindest of civil servants for blocking the flow of emergency supplies. Layered over the humanitarian and nuclear drama is yet another mounting concern:the effect on Japan's economy. It is in a parlous state, suffering from slow growth, high debt and  relative decline.  Many economist at first suggested that things were not as bad as they looked. Of course, there would be a short-term dip in grows. But as reconstruction began, growth would pick up again. The international impact, too, would be limited. Supply-chain disruption would cause some problems, especially in the electronics industry, but overall the expected boost in Japanese imports as it rebuilt would help the rest of world.   That, at least, is what the history of recent Asian disasters suggests. The tsunami of December 2004 and the Kashmir earthquake of October 2005 involved death and destruction on an even wider scale, yet had virtually no impact on growth rates. That was largely because the victims were mostly poor people who added little to DGP. But even the Kobe earthquake of 1995-the second-biggest ever to hit a modern urban area-had a surprisingly modest effect. Within 15 months industrial production in Kobe had almost reached pre-quake levels, and Japan as a whole suffered only one quarter of declining  output.   A second reason to expect the economy to cope is that although the area affected by the tsunami and quake was vast, it contains no Kobes. It is less populated and less industrialised. According to calculations by economists at Nomura, an investment bank, the three worst-hit prefectures(Miyagi, Fukushima and Iwate) account for just 3.6% of Japan's economy, though electronics factories are clustered there.   Adding in neighbouring Nagano, Ibaraki and Niigata prefectures, which were much less damaged, brings the affected area's contribution to GDP to 10.8%. That is a big chunk. But Tomo Kinoshita of Nomura nevertheless estimates that the direct negative hit to Japan's GDP would be limited to between 0.25 and  0.5 percentage points in the first quarter, and 0.5 and 1 percentage point in the second. Another bank, Goldman Sachs, estimates the cost of the damage at ¥16 trillion($202 billion), or about 4% GDP.  Spread over a few years of reconstruction, that should easily be affordable-a drop in the ocean of Japanese public indebtedness.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

海外の支社から仕事のメールが届きました。営業日などの事だと思います。通常は日本語でメールがくるんですがよほど急いていたんでと思います。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Since we will start the long holiday for Xmas and New Year from next Tuesday (23-Dec), this is no rush for you to complete the application form for 0000. If you have any problem on application form, please feel free to send email to me and I will try to feedback you even in this holiday period. Finally, we will exhibit the AAA show (our booth no.: G07-09 Grand Hall) in 000 from 12-14/ Jan. If you will visit, please feel free to find me to direct discuss. I’m so sorry that I cannot speak in Japanese, but my wife can speak a little bit. So, if required, she can help for. Thank you. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!! Thanks with regards,

• 税務関連の英文の和訳

次の<>でくくった税務関連の英語は通常何と訳されているか、ご教示ください. <Not Ordinarily Resident> Not Ordinary Residents are able to enjoy favorable tax treatment for a period of 5 years of assessment. They will also enjoy tax-exemption for their employers’ contribution to overseas pension funds, and will be exempt from tax on the income earned before relocation to the country. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップでバッグを購入予定です。そこはオリジナルバッグを作ってくるお店です。 制作してくれますか?と質問したら返事がきたんですが、どうやら業者専用の内容です。 すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 For Japan distributorship I think it would be best to discuss in person, I have spoken with our Executives and they also agree that we should meet here at the office to discuss further. We would like to hear what you have in plans, a business plan and any additional information will be helpful at the meeting for consideration. We will meet others to consider distributorship for Japan as well but we would prefer to work with companies that we’re currently working with like yourself. The time period for this will be from August 18-28th so if you would like to be considered for Distributorship, please let me know when you will be able to arrange a visit to our office. At which time we will further discuss the promotional bag. Please let me know what you would like to do.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。支払いの事でメールが来ました。なんとなくはわかりましたが、正確な意味を知りたいのですみませんが意味を教えて下さい<(_ _)> Your order is ready to ship with Yamato Transport. Both invoices were combined and your shipping amount is $19.00. You can see below for the quote. Here is your invoice I have attached and sent you 2 money requests through paypal. We already captured $24.00, but we still need a total of $84.44 (which I split up since paypal will not allow me to request the full amount). Once we have received your payment we will ship out.

• 英文の意訳が間違っていたら添削をお願い致します。

アデライン100年目の恋より。事故がきっかけで29歳から年を取らなくなったアデラインは名前を変え度々引っ越します。 この物語にはナレーションがついています。 <i>she will never age another day.</i> <I>彼女はたったの1日も老いることはない</ I> <i>To insure the freedom and safety of herself and her daughter Adaline vowed to keep moving,</i><I>自分と彼女の娘の自由と安全を守る為にアデラインは頻繁に引っ越しすると約束した</i> <i>changing her name, residence,and appearance every decade,</i> <I>10年おきに彼女の名前 居住地と容貌を変えると</ I> <i>and never to speak a word of her fate to another living soul.</i> <i>そして 別の人として生きる彼女の運命を決して一言も口にしなかった</ I> 宜しくお願い致します。

• どうすればいいのか分からない英文メール

最近毎日何通も英文メールが入ってきます。 差出人のメールアドレスは全て異なりますが、内容はほぼ同じようです。 プログラマーの募集のようなのですが、英文なので理解できません。 無視しているのですが、いつまでも続きそうなので困っています。 下記英文メールにどのような対応をすればいいのか教えてください。 Hi. Answer my messages right away. I've written to you several times. We offer you to become a representative of our firm in your city. If you are looking for a new job, email us right away. Don't miss your chance. We offer test period lasting for (20 days). After training period, you can either reject cooperation or sign a long-term treaty. Salary is from 16,000 Dollars per month + commission. In a year of our cooperation we guarantee that you will get 3.200.000 YEN per month. During preparatory period, you will earn no less than 1.200.000 YEN. If you are a smart and energetic person, write to me quickly. I will send a detailed description of our partnership and email further directions: (返信用アドレス)@yahoo.co.jp

• 英文の訳がわからなくて困っています。

日本語訳を教えて下さい。 Long-term health survey The helth minirtry plans to launch a 10-year followup sur-vey on the physical and mentalhealth of 30, 000 people in the Tohoku region to gauge the impact of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami,ministry officials said Saturday. It will select 10,000 people each in Iwate,Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures to check the various physical and mental the fects caused by their direct experience of the disaster,their prolonged stays in the shelters,and how their conditions change over the comingyears. Professional care will be arranged for those found in need,the officials said. In June,the Health,Labor and Welfare Ministry is expected to set up a team of doctors,nurses and other experts from medical facilities in the prefectures as well as national hospitals. The ministry believes the redrawing up medium-and-long-term relief and welfare measures as well as health care services for future disasters,they said, “The population of the affected areas was already aging (before the disaster) and there were many people living without relatives,”said Ichiro Tsuji,a professor at Tohoku University. です。 よろしくお願いします。