• 締切済み

英語訳の添削をお願い致します。

外国の方へ向けて発信するメッセージです。 おかしい所があれば教えて下さい。 日本の地震の事について少しここで伝えさせて下さい。 Let me tell you a little about the earthquake in Japan. 3月11日に発生した地震で日本では死者・行方不明者併せて2万人を超えました。 The number of deceased and missing persons caused by the earthquake which took place on March 11 is over 20,000 in Japan. その中には自分以外全ての家族が亡くなった小学生がいます。 There is an elementary school pupil who lost his entire family. 愛する妻と生まれたばかりの我が子が火事で亡くなった男性が居ます。 There is a man who lost his beloved wife and his newly born baby with a fire. 長年連れ添った夫が車ごと津波に連れ去られた女性が居ます。 There is a woman whose husband of many years was swept away by tsunami with his car. 自分が見ている前で妻が津波に連れ去られた男性が居ます。 There is a man whose wife was taken away by tsunami in front of his very eyes. そして、地震の影響で計画的な停電が行われた為 信号機が機能せず 事故で亡くなった男性が居ます。 And there is a man who was killed by a car accident because of a nonfunctioning traffic light due to a planned blackout to save the electricity which was affected by the earthquake. また原子力発電所でも多くの問題があり、被爆の可能性が高い中作業している人々が居ます。 Or the nuclear power plants have so many problems that there are some who are obliged to work in the area where they could be exposed to radiation with higher possibility. 多くの日本人は悪夢を見ている様だと話します。私もその1人です。 Many Japanese say that it's like a nightmare. And I'm one of them. 本当にここが日本なのか?と思う程の惨状です。 Are we really in Japan? One may wonder now in this tragedy. 日本人の私が日本への支援を呼び掛ける事で不快な思いをする方が居るかもしれません。 Because I'm a Japanese, there may be some who feel discomfort that I should call for supports from other countries to Japan. 外国の方に頼るだけでなく、私たち日本人も復興に向けて協力して頑張ります。 We Japanese will not just depend on other countries, but will do our best to rebuild our country. だから、もし宜しければ日本が復興する為の手助けをして下さい。 So please give us your helping hands. 危険をかえりみず救助活動をしている米軍はじめ各国の救助隊の方に感謝します。 I am so grateful to the US Army and rescue teams from other countries to risk their lives to save the victims.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• ad-astra
  • ベストアンサー率64% (126/196)
回答No.1

掲出された文章が全部なのか一部分なのかどうかが分かりませんが、個人的な、多分私ならこう書くだろう、構成するだろうという程度の参考をレスさせていただきます。全体としてとてもよく書かれているなぁと思います。  第1文の切り出しは必ずしも必要ではないかも知れません。今回の東日本大震災に関する文章ですから、冒頭をthe earthquakeのみではなく、最初にthe earthquakes and tsunamis that hit...と明確に規定してはどうでしょうか。  死者行方不明者の数はthe death and missing tollと簡潔に表現できます。  悲惨な状況に置かれた個々人のことを知らせる場合、There is a...who(se)...は、この膨大な被災者のなかで5人だけがそれぞれ特殊な体験をしたような意味になりませんか? 同様の悲惨な目にあった人たちは他にもありますので、An elementary shool boy lost...のようにした方が、「ある人は~でした(そういう人は他にも沢山います)」という意味をだせるように思います。  福島原発で対処されている人たちのことをobligedとすると、ここだけ特定の価値判断に基づいた意見のように読み取れます。中立的な表現の方をお勧めしたいです。  Are we really in Japan?も取りようによっては「日本は他の技術の低い二流国と違って完璧だと思っていたのに…」と受け取られる恐れはないでしょうか? Did this really happen to us?などではどうでしょうか。また、総称の人称代名詞Oneを使った文はちょっと客観的過ぎかも知れません。  日本人が日本の被災で海外にアピールすることで、相手に不快な思いを起こさせるかも知れないというお気持ちは充分分かりますが、割愛して率直に支援を求めることでもいいのではないでしょうか。「支援」はこの文では-sなしのsupportでいいと思います。  是非、海外の方々にアピールを発信してください。

関連するQ&A

• 至急日本語訳お願いします!少し長い文ですみません。翻訳ツール無しでお願

至急日本語訳お願いします!少し長い文ですみません。翻訳ツール無しでお願いします。 THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOWの一部です。 In addition to his other vocations, he was the singing-master of the neighborhood, and picked up many bright shillings by instructing the young folks in psalmody. It was a matter of no little vanity to him on Sundays, to take his station in front of the church gallery, with a band of chosen singers; where, in his own mind, he completely carried away the palm from the parson. Certain it is, his voice resounded far above all the rest of the congregation; and there are peculiar quavers still to be heard in that church, and which may even be heard half a mile off, quite to the opposite side of the millpond, on a still Sunday morning, which are said to be legitimately descended from the nose of Ichabod Crane. Thus, by divers little makeshifts, in that ingenious way which is commonly denominated "by hook and by crook," the worthy pedagogue got on tolerably enough, and was thought, by all who understood nothing of the labor of headwork, to have a wonderfully easy life of it. よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願い致します。

In many cases, freeters or NEETs may be making a lifestyle choice by consciously rejecting the way of life their parents followed. One big concern about the number of freeters and NEETs is that they may reflect a growing class-based society in Japan. Japan was once seen as a country where almost everyone was middle-class. Now, however, the huge number of freeters and NEETs represent a growing lower class. This suggests that Japan may be becoming increasingly similar to other countries that have distinct gaps between classes of people. On the other hand, freeters and NEETs may actually be just a passing phenomenon. With Japan’s very low birth rate, the mass retiring of the baby boomers and an increasing percentage of students going to university, there soon may be jobs for everyone who graduates because of a shortage of workers. Perhaps in a decade from now, the words freeter and NEET will be distant memories.

• 英語の訳お願いします。

ニューヨークタイムスの新聞記事の途中からですが、下記の訳を知りたいです。 長いですがどなたかよろしくお願いします。 http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/12/world/asia/12japan.html ↑下記の文章が載っている記事 People were frantically searching for their relatives. Fumiaki Yamato, 70, was in his second home in a mountain village outside of Sendai when the earthquake struck. He spoke from his car as he was driving toward Sendai trying to find the rest of his family. While it usually takes about an hour to drive to the city, parts of the road were impassable. “I’m getting worried,” he said as he pulled over to take a reporter’s call. “I don’t know how many hours it’s going to take.” Japanese, accustomed to frequent earthquakes, were stunned by this one’s magnitude and the more than 100 aftershocks, many equivalent to major quakes. “I never experienced such a strong earthquake in my life,” said Toshiaki Takahashi, 49, an official at Sendai City Hall. “I thought it would stop, but it just kept shaking and shaking, and getting stronger.” Train service was shut down across central and northern Japan, including Tokyo, and air travel was severely disrupted. Related Japanese Scramble to Avert Meltdowns as Nuclear Crisis Deepens After Quake The Lede Blog:Updates on the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan Times Topic:Tidal Waves and Tsunamis Related in Opinion Crisis Points:An Unpredictable Test of Japan's Resilience Crisis Points:In Tokyo,the Search for Solid Ground Nicholas D.Kristof Blog: Sympathy for Japan,and Admiration Evacuees gathered on Friday in Shinjuku Central Park in Tokyo,hit hard even though it was far from the epicenter.

• 英語の訳をお願いします。

ニューヨークタイムスの新聞記事です。 非常に長いですがどなたか訳をお願いしたいです。 【Powerful Quake and Tsunami Devastate Northern Japan】 TOKYO — Rescuers struggled to reach survivors on Saturday morning as Japan reeled after an earthquake and a tsunami struck in deadly tandem. The 8.9-magnitude earthquake set off a devastating tsunami that sent walls of water washing over coastal cities in the north. Concerns mounted over possible radiation leaks from two nuclear plants near the earthquake zone. The death toll from the tsunami and earthquake, the strongest ever recorded in Japan, was in the hundreds, but Japanese news media quoted government officials as saying that it would almost certainly rise to more than 1,000. About 200 to 300 bodies were found along the waterline in Sendai, a port city in northeastern Japan and the closest major city to the epicenter. Thousands of homes were destroyed, many roads were impassable, trains and buses were not running, and power and cellphones remained down. On Saturday morning, the JR rail company said that there were three trains missing in parts of two northern prefectures. While the loss of life and property may yet be considerable, many lives were certainly saved by Japan’s extensive disaster preparedness and strict construction codes. Japan’s economy was spared a more devastating blow because the earthquake hit far from its industrial heartland. Japanese officials on Saturday issued broad evacuation orders for people living in the vicinity of two separate nuclear power plants that had experienced breakdowns in their cooling systems as a result of the earthquake, and they warned that small amounts of radiation could leak from both plants. On Friday, at 2:46 p.m. Tokyo time, the quake struck. First came the roar and rumble of the temblor, shaking skyscrapers, toppling furniture and buckling highways. Then waves as high as 30 feet rushed onto shore, whisking away cars and carrying blazing buildings toward factories, fields and highways. By Saturday morning, Japan was filled with scenes of desperation, as stranded survivors called for help and rescuers searched for people buried in the rubble. Kazushige Itabashi, an official in Natori City, one of the areas hit hardest by the tsunami, said several districts in an area near Sendai’s airport were annihilated. Rescuers found 870 people in one elementary school on Saturday morning and were trying to reach 1,200 people in the junior high school, closer to the water. There was no electricity and no water for people in shelters. According to a newspaper, the Mainichi Shimbun, about 600 people were on the roof of a public grade school, in Sendai City. By Saturday morning, Japan’s Self-Defense Forces and firefighters had evacuated about 150 of them. On the rooftop of Chuo Hospital in the city of Iwanuma, doctors and nurses were waving white flags and pink umbrellas, according to TV Asahi. On the floor of the roof, they wrote “Help” in English, and “Food” in Japanese. The reporter, observing the scene from a helicopter, said, “If anyone in the City Hall office is watching, please help them.” The station also showed scenes of people stranded on a bridge, cut off by water on both sides near the mouth of the Abukuma River in Miyagi Prefecture.

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

The next chapter in this story is carried by the newspapers and television.There's old Larry Walters up in the air over Los angeles. Flying at last. Really getting UP there. Still sitting in his aluminum lawn chair, but it's hooked on to forty-five helium-filled secondhand weather ballons. Larry has a parachute on, a radio, and an air gun to pop some of the ballons to come down.And instead of being just a couple of hundred feet over his neighborhood, he shot up eleven thousand feet!

• 英語訳

There is also reason to believe that there was once a lot of water on Mars and that some of it is still there in the form of ice. またかつて火星には多量の水があり一部は氷の形で存在していると信じるに足る根拠がある。 自分で訳してみたのですがあってない気がします。分かる方教えて下さい。

• 英語の質問

英語 1 How the two countries came to the same conclusion about the preservation of their natural resources, however, was different. 「だが、両国が天然資源の保護に関して同じ結論に達した経緯は異なる。」 このHowは「How S V」で「SがVする方法」として、名詞節を導いているということでいいのでしょうか? 2 Part of the Tokugawa solution for the problem of resource depletion in Japan was to conserve Japanese resources by causing resource depletion elsewhere, just as part of the solution of Japan and other developed countries to their resource depletion today is to cause resource depletion elsewhere. 「Part of the Tokugawa solution for the problem of resource depletion in Japan was to conserve Japanese resources by causing resource depletion elsewhere」 を A 「part of the solution of Japan and other developed countries to their resource depletion today is to cause resource depletion elsewhere.」 を B とすると、 A,just as B という形で、この訳が「Aだ。Bと同じである。」 という感じなんですが この「just as」をさがしても 「途端に」、「同時であるさま」としか出てきません。 「同じ」という意味はどこから出てきたんでしょうか? 説明お願いします。

• 英語訳

The theory about life on Mars is also supported by something in the rock which simple life forms on earth produce. There is also reason to believe that there was once a lot of water on Mars and that some of it is still there in the form of ice. We may thus be able to argue that certain kinds of bacteria may be living around the ice. NASA has looked at Mars closely by putting two vehicles on the surface of the planet. 英語の宿題をやっているのですがここだけどうしても訳せません。 分かる方いたら教えて下さい。

• 英語の訳

ニューヨークタイムスの新聞記事です。下記の訳を知りたいです。 長いですがどなたかよろしくお願いします。 http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/12/world/asia/12codes.html?_r=1 ↑下記の文章が載っているホームページ A bus stop was crushed by part of a wall that had fallen from a nearby building in the city of Sendai, where a tsunami roared over embankments. Hidden inside the skeletons of high-rise towers, extra steel bracing, giant rubber pads and embedded hydraulic shock absorbers make modern Japanese buildings among the sturdiest in the world during a major earthquake. And all along the Japanese coast, tsunami warning signs, towering seawalls and well-marked escape routes offer some protection from walls of water. An oil refinery burned in the city of Chiba after Friday’s earthquake. In Japan, where quakes are more common than in the United States, building codes have long been much more stringent. These precautions, along with earthquake and tsunami drills that are routine for every Japanese citizen, show why Japan is the best-prepared country in the world for the twin disasters of earthquake and tsunami — practices that undoubtedly saved lives, though the final death toll is unknown. In Japan, where earthquakes are far more common than they are in the United States, the building codes have long been much more stringent on specific matters like how much a building may sway during a quake. After the Kobe earthquake in 1995, which killed about 6,000 people and injured 26,000, Japan also put enormous resources into new research on protecting structures, as well as retrofitting the country’s older and more vulnerable structures. Japan has spent billions of dollars developing the most advanced technology against earthquakes and tsunamis. Japan has gone much further than the United States in outfitting new buildings with advanced devices called base isolation pads and energy dissipation units to dampen the ground’s shaking during an earthquake. The isolation devices are essentially giant rubber-and-steel pads that are installed at the very bottom of the excavation for a building, which then simply sits on top of the pads. The dissipation units are built into a building’s structural skeleton. They are hydraulic cylinders that elongate and contract as the building sways, sapping the motion of energy. Of course, nothing is entirely foolproof. Structural engineers monitoring the events from a distance cautioned that the death toll was likely to rise as more information became available. Dr. Jack Moehle, a structural engineer at the University of California, Berkeley, said that video of the disaster seemed to show that some older buildings had indeed collapsed. The country that gave the world the word tsunami, especially in the 1980s and 1990s, built concrete seawalls in many communities, some as high as 40 feet, which amounted to its first line of defense against the water. In some coastal towns, in the event of an earthquake, networks of sensors are set up to set off alarms in individual residences and automatically shut down floodgates to prevent waves from surging upriver. Critics of the seawalls say they are eyesores and bad for the environment. The seawalls, they say, can instill a false sense of security among coastal residents and discourage them from participating in regular evacuation drills. Moreover, by literally cutting residents’ visibility of the ocean, the seawalls reduce their ability to understand the sea by observing wave patterns, critics say. Waves from Friday’s tsunami spilled over some seawalls in the affected areas. “The tsunami roared over embankments in Sendai city, washing cars, houses and farm equipment inland before reversing directions and carrying them out to sea,” according to a statement by a Japanese engineer, Kit Miyamoto, circulated by the American Society of Civil Engineers. “Flames shot from some of the houses, probably because of burst gas pipes.”