• ベストアンサー

英文の意味がよくわからないのです。。。

You're so hungry for approval that you'll court it in areas where frankly, you'd be better off being condemned for not going. とうい文章なのですが、どうも意味がつながらずこまっています。 簡訳してみたのですが、 「あなたは支持を求めるあまり、正直なところ、行かないことを非難された方がいい場所においても支持を得ようとするでしょう」 自分で訳していて???状態です。 アドバイスをどうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「あなたは、人に認められようとするあまり、率直に言って、「行かない」と批難される方がいい所(に行って)までご機嫌を取るでしょう。」  何だか質問者さんの訳の方がいいみたいですね。

tiroler
質問者

お礼

ご回答をどうもありがとうございました。 areaを専門領域的な意味で解釈していたのですが、「場所」なんですね。 納得です! とても参考になりました。 本当にありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

be better off doing に関してはこちらを http://eow.alc.co.jp/better+off/UTF-8/?ref=sa 「あなたは支持を求めるあまり、正直なところ、行かないことを非難された方がまだましな地域にまで出向いて、支持を得ようとするでしょう」 でいかがでしょうか。

tiroler
質問者

お礼

ご回答をどうもありがとうございました。 areaを専門領域的な意味で誤った解釈していました。 アルクの参考ページも示していただいたおかげで、より文章が明確になりました。 どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 「will」と「be going to」って同じ意味じゃないの?

「will」と「be going to」は同じ意味だと習った記憶があるのですが、大学の英語の授業で以下の問題がでました。 ()内から適切なものを選びなさい。 1:I bought some warm boots because (I'll go/I'm going) skiing. 2:"Tony's back from vacation." "He is? (I'll give/I'm going to give) him a call. 3:Congratulatuons! I here (you'll get married/you're going to get married). 1の答えはI'm going 2の答えはI'll give 3の答えはyou're going to get married でした。 何故こうなるのかよく意味がわかりません。 教えてください。教授に聞き忘れてしまい、明後日がテストなので結構ヤバイ状態です。

• 意味をおしえてください。

I'LL PLANT YOU WHERE YOU STAND.の意味がわかりません。 「お前が立っている場所に植えるぞ」という脅し文句でしょうか? これは、ある洋画のワンシーンで、男二人が言い合いをしています。 ---------------- WHOA,GARY-- TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH. YEAH,YOU'RE A FLAKE,AREN'T YOU? GO AHEAD. TAKE A SWING AT ME. I'LL PLANT YOU WHERE YOU STAND. I AM NOT GOING TO HIT YOU! WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HITTING,MAN? THAT'S IT,NAVARRO. YOU'RE DONE FOR THE DAY. I WANT TO SEE YOU IN MY OFFICE AFTER PRACTICE. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ME.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

下記の英文を教えて下さい。某小物メーカーに記載されていました。すみませんが宜しくお願いします。 The prices will have to stay at the moment. Can you explain the prices calculation that you’re referring to? $12 vs. $17, why would your price be higher than $12, wouldn’t your landing price for $20 pen be around $30 so you can sell around $12 or more? How did you get $17. for a pen? As you know we have other dealers in usa and they’re not having the same calculation so please explain further so I may understand you better. Maybe if I understand better, I might be able to work with you. In addition, I will be out of town and will not return till March 9th so my replies might be delayed.

• わからない英文があります

わからない英文があります 全文(倒産したJが弁護士(友人)のSと相談している場面): J: Won't these costs be covered by chapter eleven? S: Well, filing for bankruptcy isn't going to make this thing go away. The U.S. Attorney's office is involved in this now. They'll push for fraud and unauthorized transactions. J: Yeah, so, they find me. And I go back to work. And I make it all back. S: Four million dollars? Unless you plan on going to the track and getting *really* lucky... J: Look. If you don't want to do this - S: You're going to lose your series seven license.It's really important that you understand the predicament you're in. J: Look. I get it from my wife every day. My daughters won't talk to me. I got my ass kicked in front of everyone at the most elegant event of the year. I get it. Okay, man. I, I, I definitely understand. ↓の文の意味を教えてください! *They'll push for fraud and unauhthorized transactions. *And I make it all back *Unless you plan on going to the track *You're going to lose your series seven license *I got my ass kicked

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。届いたら不良品で返金か交換のお願いをしていました。その件で返事が来たのですがすみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 thank you for your patience and understanding, please know you can email me about any issues, I will personally follow your account. As for the 3 damaged AAA they are older so I am sorry we should of checked them before we ship them out to you. If there are any imperfections we will email you first for approval. Most of our AAA are new and we have some AAA that are older but for the most part this should not happen again. I can offer you several options, please let me know and if you can think of a better solution. - We refund you $BBBB USD for the bags and you can keep them and discount them. You can send it back ( we will refund you back the cost for economy shipping ) we credit you back the amount for the AAA and shipping and you can choose other AAA and we will give you 3 free CCC of your choice

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。 it’s in part

英文の和訳をお願いします。 it’s in part it’s in part because he’s very drawn in to the best idea in the room. he is, great film makers are intent on finding the best version of their film and the better version of their film. If you can find a better take 2 than take 1, you’re hungry for it. プロデューサーが、同じ仕事に携わったある監督についてコメントしています。 自分なりに調べてみたのですが、意味がどうしても理解できません。 宜しくお願いします!

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

道に迷った女性に英語で道を聞かれた、男性が言ったせりふです。 I'm sorry I can't understand English at all. Hey, you never know. Next time you're over, maybe I'll have learned a bit of English for you. "Nest time you're over" の意味がわかりません。「今度来たときには」なのかなと推測はできますが。 わかるかたがいらっしゃったら、解説していただけませんか? よろしくお願いします。

• 友達からのメッセージについて

いつまでここに滞在する予定なのか聞いたところ、まだいる、とのことでしたので、 Can we meet tomorrow? と送りました。 すると、Yes! I'll be around と返ってきました。 その後、I'll be in my room today too until 9と、きたので You mean you're going to leave at 9:00 pm today?と送りました。 Just for the night と返ってきたのですが、今日だけ家に帰る ということでしょうか?

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値段の事と送料の事と、Xマークの事について質問をしていました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか? お願いします。 A price: B price: For handbags - A prices are $29. I can ask Sam but pretty much he will deny it. All of our  A price are getting at A Price even they buy containers. Also, if you were to ship the products by sea I would like you to give me a rough estimate of the shipping fee? I would like you to give me an estimate for my October order as an example. • I’ll contact shipping company and find out for you. “X” means we are going have them in stock.

• going all in

"With so much work, who has time for love? You're going all in." この文のYou're going all inの意味を教えてください。