• ベストアンサー

このtweet

このtweet No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason. kids/lifestyle ;^) はどう訳せばいいでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had 2 b a willing participant on the ride 4 whatever reason. kids/lifestyle ;^) 普通に書き直せば  No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had to be a willing participant on the ride for whatever reason. kids/lifestyle ;^) となるでしょうが、問題は内容ですね。あまり自信はないのですが、  「それほどの浮気に気付かない妻はいない。エリンは子どもなり生活なり、何らかの理由をつけてそれには目をつむってきたのに違いない」 と解釈してみたのですが、どうでしょう。

pen9876
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

ちょっとした修補から  No wife is blind enough to miss that much infidelity. Elin had to be a willing participant on the ride for whatever reason. kids/lifestyle ;^)  「あれだけの不倫に気づかないような盲目の妻はいない、エリンは、どんな理由か知らないが、この「乗り」に進んで参加しているに違いない、子供、あるいはライフスタイル;^) on the ride for は、「乗り」と直訳しておきましたが、下記のように「仲間になって」と言う意味があります。ここでは「成り行きに乗って」という含みもあります。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/go+for+the+ride/UTF-8/  

pen9876
質問者

お礼

なるほど。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

Q. Fertile Cats: My wife and I just acquired two kittens, a male and a female. I had assumed we would get them fixed, but my wife thinks that is cruel. She said that we can keep them separated during heat, which apparently is how her family handles fertile cats. To me, that sounds much more cruel than neutering, but my wife doesn’t see it that way. Is there any way to reason with her? fixedとは何をなおすのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳が分かりません。

以下の和訳が分かりません。 分かる方がおりましたら、回答頂けるとありがたいです。 「 he problems that could arise would be when an order occasionally was “off” for whatever reason and had to be sent back, etc. 」

• 英語がわからないので、教えてください。

To me, he was the first man to land on the moon; I knew that I had no advice to give him and that what I had already given was probably not much help. この訳を教えてください!

• この難文、解りやすく説明していたたけませんか?

以下の文章の「I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold.」という部分がどういう構文になっているのか、どういう意味なのか分かりません。seeの目的語はmyselfなのか、それともthat以下なのか?wasの主語は何なのか? that muchは「それほど」という意味で句と考えるのか?それともthat節のthatなのか?muchの意味は?  Many years ago when I was a young man,I was taken very ill-I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold. But I suppose it was something very serious,for the doctor said that I ought to have come to him a month before, and that if it,whatever it was,had gone on for another week he would not have answered for the consequences.  以上ですが宜しくお願い致します。

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

The English weather has also helped to make the Englishman adaptable. It has been said that one of the reasons why the English colonized so much of the world was that, whatever the weather conditions they met abroad, they had already experienced someting like them at home! よろしくお願いします!

• I never could see myself...

以下の文章の「I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold.」という部分がどういう構文になっているのか、どういう意味なのか分かりません。  Many years ago when I was a young man,I was taken very ill-I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold. But I suppose it was something very serious,for the doctor said that I ought to have come to him a month before, and that if it,whatever it was,had gone on for another week he would not have answered for the consequences.  以上ですが宜しくお願い致します。

• ..... was that, .....

長文問題です。 イギリスの天候が1日の中でも変わりやすいという記述のあと、こう続きます。 The English weather has also helped to make the Englishman adaptable. It has been said that one of the reasons why the English colonized so much of the world was ( ア ), whatever the weather conditions they met abroad, they had already experienced something like them at home. ( ア ) (1)that (2)which (3)what (4)why (1)thatが入ると思いました。 会話の中で相手の言ったことをthatで受けるThat sounds good. のようなthatです。 ここでは、前文を受けてthatにしていると思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳してください。

And much of the lifestyle of "affluence" that we associate with that era rested on the employment of women who, in the past, had not held jobs and who were now reflecting both the economic pressures of their society and the social pressures of a culture that offered no sanction for sex quality or a life of independence and free choice for women. 少し長いのですがこちらの文を訳して欲しいです。 ・女性の雇用には経済的圧力、経済的圧力の両方が反映していた。 ・そして、文化の社会的圧力 ・女性のために自由と独立した生活を与えた。 わかる範囲で訳してみました。 だいぶ違うと思うので、わかる方訳して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Another single American, Weston, rented a large house with seven rooms on four levels, which he felt gave him enough "breathing space" and enough room for his many friend to stay in. The Japanese in his work place kept telling him that he had "too much space" for a single person and advised him to move to a smaller and cheaper apartment. They had no idea that space and comfort within a home have to pay a high price for that space. 日本語訳 もうひとりの独身のアメリカ人であるウエストンは、彼自身にとって十分な「快適空間」と多くの友達が泊まるのに十分な部屋のある、地下を含めた4階建てに7つの部屋がある大きな家を借りました。彼はそれが十分な「快適空間」と多くの友達が泊まるのに十分な部屋をくれると思ったのです もっと小さくて安いアパートに移るようアドバイスしました。彼らは家の中の空間と快適さを得るためには高い対価を支払うべきだということがわからなかったのです。

• これは感情のshouldと言われるものですか?

小2位の子供向けの英語の読み物でいきなりひっかかりました。 One thing I learned is that there is no reason why kids should have to go to school.という子供が語っている文です。 一番最初の文は、前置きに、「8年間生きてきたがたくさん学んだ。」とあるのですが、 それに続けると、「1つ学んだことと言えば、子供が学校に行かなくちゃいけないという理由は何もないということだ。」ということになりますが、今一shouldが訳し出されません。 この、shouldの用法がわからないのですが、どなたか分かる方ご教授願います。 だいたいにして、子供向けの本でこういう文体が出てくるのってわっけわかりません。