• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 Data from clinical studies and from basic research laboratories, made possible by the use of sophisticated instruments that detect and record neuronal activity, have given us a complex if still rudimentary understanding of the myriad processes that give rise to consciousness.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数13

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

直訳してみます。 > Data from clinical studies and from basic research laboratories, 臨床研究と基礎研究の研究所からのデータ > made possible by the use of sophisticated instruments that detect and record neuronal activity, made の前に which is が省略されていると解釈。 ニューロンの活動を検知して記録する精巧な機器の使用によって可能になった > have given us a complex (if still rudimentary) understanding of the myriad processes that give rise to consciousness. if still rudimentary の部分は、前後を , で括りたい気がします。つまり、... a complex, if still rudimentary, understanding of the myriad processes という文であると私は解釈しました。そして、この if は even if としてもよい if ではあるまいか(if の「譲歩」の用法)と考えました。 give rise to ,,, は「~を引き起こす」なので、that give rise to consciousness を「意識を生じさせる~」と解釈。 いまだ初歩的なレベルであるにせよ、意識を生じせしめるいくつもの過程の複雑な理解を我々に与えた 全体をまとめると、  「臨床や基礎研究から得られたデータ、それらはニューロンの活動を検知して記録する精巧な機器の使用によって可能になったのであるが、それらによって、いまだ初歩的なレベルであるとはいえ、意識を生じせしめるいくつもの複雑な過程を理解する手がかりを我々に与えた」 * 素人解釈ですので、おかしな点は修正を願います。

ryunan_198
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 processは突起ではなく普通に過程と訳した方がいいのでしょうか??

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします...(><

今長文を訳しているのですが、難しくてサッパリです(涙) どなたか、和訳をお願い致します...... Earlier in this chapter,it was noted that her theory of creative drama was derived from and nurtured by the progressive education movement,whose main goal was to educate the whole child,with the idea that the child could achieve an understanding of self and society. お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 he is on the committee that dates the rise and falls of the business cycle for the national bureau of economic research.

• 高校英語 和訳お願いします!

The clock's methodical ticking helped bring into being the scientific mind and the scientific man. But it also took something away. As the late MIT computer scientist Joseph Weizenbaum observed in his 1976 book, Computer Power and Human Reason: From Judgment to Calculation, the conception of the world that emerged from the widespread use of timekeeping instruments "remains an impoverished version of the older one, for it rests on a rejection of those direct experiences that formed the basis for, and indeed constituted, the old reality." In deciding when to eat, to work, to sleep, to rise, we stopped listening to our senses and started obeying the clock. 難解です。。。お願いいたします!

• 和訳をお願いします。

Aside from forcing a recognition of the personal elements of inquiry, Erikson suggests that personal involvement opens up potentialities for insight. Behavior is reflexive; it emerges through transactions. Understanding the transactional environment requires a “feel” for what is human about behavior. Such understanding demands an appreciation of factuality and a perspective on reality, but also a sense of action and what it can reveal. です。長いですが、どうしても専門書のためうまく訳できません。お願いします。

• 和訳お願い致します。

The point is that, notwithstanding special difficulties in assigning this or that being to one or the other class, the psychological classification which I advocate resembles the zoological classification which I have cited ; it is a valid classification, inasmuch as it recognizes a distinction where there is certainly something to distinguish. For even if we take the most mechanical view of mental processes that is possible, and suppose that conscious intelligence plays no part whatever in determining action, there still remains the fact that such conscious intelligence exists, and that prior to certain actions it is always affected in certain ways. Therefore, even if we suppose that the state of things is, so to speak, accidental, and that the actions in question would always he performed in precisely the same way whether or not they were thus connected with consciousness, it would still remain desirable, for scientific purposes, that a marked distinction should be drawn between cases of activity that proceed without, and those that proceed with this remarkable association with consciousness. As the phenomena of subjectivity are facts at any rate no less real than those of objectivity, if it is found that some of the latter are invariably and faithfully mirrored in those of the former, such pheno mena, for this reason alone, deserve to be placed in a distinct scientific category, even though it were proved that the mirror of subjectivity might be removed without affecting any of the phenomena of objectivity.

• 和訳お願い致します。

In January, Science reported that actual rises in sea level in recent years followed the uppermost limit of the range predicted by computer models of climate change — meaning that past studies had understated the rise. As a result, the study found that the sea is likely to rise higher than most previous forecasts — to between 50 centimeters and 1.4 meters by the year 2100 (and then continuing from there). Science Express, the online edition of Science, reported last month that the world’s several hundred thousand glaciers and small ice caps are thinning more quickly than people realized. “At the very least, our projections indicate that future sea-level rise maybe larger than anticipated,” the article declared.

• 和訳お願い致します。

Now in this necessarily ejective method of enquiry, what is the kind of activities that we are entitled to regard as indicative of mind ? I certainly do not so regard the flowing of a river or the blowing of a wind. Why ? First, because the subjects are too remote in kind from my own organism to admit of my drawing any reasonable analogy between them and it; and, secondly, because the activities which they present are invariably of the same kind under the same circumstances : they therefore offer no evidence of that which I deem the distinctive character of my own mind as such — Consciousness. In other words, two conditions require to he satisfied before we even begin to imagine that observable activities are indicative of mind ; the activities must be dis played by a living organism, and they must be of a kind to suggest the presence of consciousness. What then is to be taken as the criterion of consciousness ? Subjectively, no criterion is either needful or possible ; for to me, individually, nothing can be more ultimate than my own consciousness, and, therefore, my consciousness cannot admit of any criterion having a claim to a higher certainty. But, ejectively, some such criterion is required, and as my consciousness cannot come within the territory of a foreign consciousness, I can only appreciate the latter through the agency of ambassadors — these ambassadors being, as I have now so frequently said, the observable activities of an organism. The next question, therefore, is, What activities of an organism are to be taken as indicative of consciousness ? The answer that comes most readily is, — All activities that are indicative of Choice; wherever wo see a living organism apparently exerting inten tional choice, we may infer that it is conscious choice, and, therefore, that the organism has a mind. But physiology shows that this answer will not do ; for, while not disputing whether there is any mind without the power of conscious choice, physiology, as we shall see in the next chapter, is very firm in denying that all apparent choice is due to mind.

• 和訳お願いします

The three groups performed about equally well on “physical learning”- locating hidden objects, figuring out the source of a noise , understanding the concepts of more and less, using a stick to get something that′s out of reach. And indeed, the kids were of an age -2 1/2 years old- where it′s widely known that they do perform about as well as chimps in such tests. So for example, the scientists would hide a treat of some kind -a toy, or some food-behind a box , while the test subjects lokked on. The kids, chimps and orangs would have to be sophisticated enough to know that the object disappearing from view didn't mean it stopped existing, and had to be able to figure out where it had gone. All three groups did equally well at this sort of thing. 引用文 “Babies Vs. Chimps: Who′s Smarter?”

• 英語 和訳

With the population of the world set to rise dramatically in this century from 6000 million in the year 2000 to 10000 million by 2050-and with most of that growth in the Third World-what should we be thinking of with regard to providing the most basic of resources:food? この英文どなたか和訳お願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

The three groups perfomed about equally well on "physical learning"-locating hidden objects, figuring out the source of noise, understanding the concepts of more and less, using a stick to get something that's out of reach. And indeed, the kids were of an age-2 1/2 years old-where it's widely known that they do perform about as well as chimps in such tests. So for example, the scientists would hide a trat of some kind-a toy, or some food-behind a box, while the test subjects looked on. The kids, chimps and orangs would have to be sophisticated enough to know that the object disappearing from view didn't mean it stopped existing, and had to be able to figure out where it had gone. All three groups did equally well at this sort of thing.