ウィスキー業界の最新動向

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 1990年に生産量は再び2倍になり、最新の拡張が完成すれば、世界で3番目にモルトウィスキーメーカーは年間1300万本を生産可能に。
  • 昨年のシーグラム帝国の分割により、DiageoとPernod Ricard、Allied Domecqの3社が全体の57%の市場占有率を持つことになった。
  • 日本語訳においては、'meaning it's made from' の部分はどの位置にしても理解しやすいように挿入することができます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳のアドバスをおねがいします

ウィスキー業界のコラムです。 1、Production doubled again in 1990, and with the completion of the latest extension, the makers of the world's third best-selling malt whisky - meaning it's made from malted barley, unlike the grain whisky that makes up the bulk of most blended Scotch - will have the capacity to produce around 13 million bottles a year. 1990年に生産量は再び2倍になりました。最も最近拡張(醸造所の)している部分が完成すれば、世界で3番目にモルトウィスキーメーカー(ブレンドスコッチの大部分に混ぜられている穀物ウィスキーではない大麦麦芽で作られたウィスキー)は年間1300万本を生産することができるだろう。 こう訳してみたのですが、これでよいのでしょうか? meaning it's made from~ をどの部分に挿入すると 分かり易い日本語になるのでしょうか? 2、Last year's partition of the Seagram drinks empire by Britain's Diageo and Pernod Ricard of France means that the big three - Diageo and Pernod Ricard, plus Allied Domecq - now account for 57% of global sales. この構文についてですが、基本の構文は Last year's partition means that ~ で良いのでしょうか。その場合 the Seagram drinks empire は名詞句?となりますが、「シーグラム帝国」と訳せばよいのでしょうか? あと、partition は区分、配分、領域などがありましたが、適切な訳語がわかりません。 長文で申し訳ありませんが、アドバイスをよろしくおねがいします。 

• uumi
  • お礼率84% (32/38)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • boss715
  • ベストアンサー率50% (301/600)
回答No.1

翻訳をしています。 1番の訳ですが、OKです。わかりやすい日本語になっていますね。 >meaning it's made from~をどの部分に挿入すると 分かり易い日本語になるのでしょうか? uumiさんの、入れた場所でOKですね。 2. >Last year's partition means that ~ で良いのでしょうか。 その通りです。”of the Seagram drinks empire by Britain's Diageo and Pernod Ricard of France ”はLast year's partition の説明としてつけられていますね。 >その場合 the Seagram drinks empire は名詞句?となりますが、「シーグラム帝国」と訳せばよいのでしょうか? この場合、一番売れているという意味のempireだと思われますので、王国または、主力の、王様、などど訳してみてはいかがでしょう。 >partition は区分、配分、領域などがありましたが、適切な訳語がわかりません この場合、(売上げ)比例ですね。または売り上げ状況、などと訳せばよいのではないでしょうか。 >Last year's partition of the Seagram drinks empire by Britain's Diageo and Pernod Ricard of France means that the big three - Diageo and Pernod Ricard, plus Allied Domecq - now account for 57% of global sales. ビッグスリーと呼ばれるDiageo、Pernod Ricard、それにAllied DomecqつまりBritain Diageoの、王様SeagramとフランスのPernod Ricard売上げ分布は全売上げの57%を占める。 これでいかがでしょう。

uumi
質問者

お礼

早速の回答ありがとうございます! 翻訳のお仕事をしてらっしゃる方に褒めていただくなんて とても嬉しいです。最近自信を無くすような事ばかりだったものですから。。。 どうも単語レベルの訳にとらわれて、辞書の訳語から抜け出せずにいます。内容を理解することが 適切な訳出の第一歩なのですね。とても勉強になりました!実はこのコラムはもう少し続きますので、もしご迷惑でなければ またアドバイスをおねがいしますM(_ _)m ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

Happy new year, may all your wishes come true and may 2012 be an unforgettable year for both of us. Somehow I kept thinking of you, especially after seeing your photos, you are still looking beautiful. This year I will do my best to come to Asia and hopefully we could meet each other somewhere. This year countdown I went to a good friend of mine. We had dinner at his restaurant and after that we went to a club to have drinks. Wish that we could have a countdown in the future together.

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Central Powers consisted of the German Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire at the beginning of the war. The Ottoman Empire joined the Central Powers later in 1914. In 1915, the Kingdom of Bulgaria joined the alliance. The name "Central Powers" is derived from the location of these countries; all four (including the other groups that supported them except for Finland and Lithuania) were located between the Russian Empire in theeast and France and the United Kingdom in the west. Finland, Azerbaijan, and Lithuania joined them in 1918 before the war ended and after the Russian Empire collapsed.The Central Powers were composed of the following nations:

• 和訳お願い致します。

In January, Science reported that actual rises in sea level in recent years followed the uppermost limit of the range predicted by computer models of climate change — meaning that past studies had understated the rise. As a result, the study found that the sea is likely to rise higher than most previous forecasts — to between 50 centimeters and 1.4 meters by the year 2100 (and then continuing from there). Science Express, the online edition of Science, reported last month that the world’s several hundred thousand glaciers and small ice caps are thinning more quickly than people realized. “At the very least, our projections indicate that future sea-level rise maybe larger than anticipated,” the article declared.

• 和訳をお願いします

http://www.irunfar.com/2013/05/anton-krupicka-pre-2013-transvulcania-ultramarathon-interview.html の最初の方で、Krupicka が言っている、 More stressful I guess. I don’t know. Last year when I was here it was more like a vacation. I was just like, ‘It’s awesome. I’m on an island. I get to participate in the conference and all that.’ This year, I’m here to compete and race. There’s always a little more edge to that. You’re just kind of worried how you’re feeling all the time. の最後の2行、 There’s always a little more edge to that. You’re just kind of worried how you’re feeling all the time. なんですが、これはどういうことを言っているのでしょうか。 簡単な文なのですが、なにが言いたいのかよくわかりませんでした。 ちなみに、このインタビューを受けている、Anton Krupicka は、 トレイルランナー(山を舞台にした山岳マラソン)の選手です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 For CH2M Hill, which has 28,000 employees and made $7 billion in revenue last year, the hiring challenge is less a question of culture than of capabilities. Needing to recruit at least 500 people in Britain this year for construction jobs it has already won, the company is constrained by a shortage of engineers, partly because engineering has not been a popular field of study in the country’s universities.

• 和訳お願いします

His comments echo the tone adopted by Wen Jiabao, premier, last week when he admitted the government had some work to do but that he wanted to create an envIronment that encouraged investment. Mr Wen and other officials have highlighted official statistics that show foreign direct investment(FDI) in China has been growing rapidly this year and is expected to exceed $100bn this year, up from around $90bn last year. But 60 per cent of foreign inveatment to China last yaer came through Hong Kong and analysts say these figures provide little guidance about the international appetite for investing in China. 日本語にどう訳したらいいのでしょうか。お助けください。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

The truth is that Japan is so insular and tribalistic that foreigners will remain perpetual outsiders and will never be accepted in society. (“So...that...” means to the extent that. “Tribalistic” means advocating or practicing strong loyalty to one's own tribe or social group.)

• 和訳のお願いです。

意味論についての論文だと思いますが、和訳お願いいたします。自分でも訳してみましたが、読み返して見て分かりづらいため、和訳が上手な方の文章を参考にしたいと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。 (1)Whereas smoke is a natural sign of fire, causally connected with what it signifies, the red flag is a conventional sign of danger: it is a culturally established symbol. These distinctions between the intentional and the nonintentional, on the one hand, and between what is natural and what is conventional, or symbolic, on the other, play a central part in the theoretical investigation of meaning. (2)That the verb 'mean' is being employed in different senses in the examples that I have used so far is evident from the fact that Mary means trouble is ambiguous: it can be taken like Mary means well or like Smoke means fire. Indeed, with a little imagination it is possible to devise a context, or scenario, in which the verb 'mean' in Mary means trouble can be plausibly interpreted in the way that it would normally be interpreted in That red flag means danger. Most language-utterances, we shall see, depend for their interpretation upon the context in which they are used. And the vast majority of them have a wider range of meanings than first come to mind. Utterances containing the word 'meaning' (or the verb 'mean') are no different from other English utterances in this respect.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

以下の英文の和訳をお願いします。 Displacement is one means by which the dream does this. In the first place, it is the effect of feeling which is displaced, so that what appears to be most important and full of emotion in the dream may be really of least significance, whereas an apparently trifling matter may be pregnant with meaning. The emphasis of the dream is thus displaced and so eludes the censor.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **Repeatedly works fine, but it sounds just a little bit unnatural. "Again and again" is one way you could say it. "On repeat" is a newer way of saying it because it refers to how you can set a DVD player or an iPod etc to play a movie or a song over and over again. "Against my better judgement" feels more like you're saying you made a mistake. Someone might say "I called my ex-girlfriend last night, against my better judgement." "Way too many times" is like saying you've listened to it a ton of times, so much that it's an unreasonable amount. You could say that about something you didn't enjoy ("My brother made me watch that movie way too many times..") but it's not weird to say it about something you did enjoy. It's kind of like saying something happened so much that it's strange.