Heijokyo's 1300th anniversary celebration begins

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Celebrate the 1300th anniversary of Heijokyo in Nara
  • Officials hope to attract 2.5 million visitors for the event
  • Visit the historical site and explore Nara's attractions
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

週間stの英文です。

週間stの英文です。 文のつながりが分からないので、教えてください。 Celebrations to mark the 1300th anniversary of the founding of Nara's ancient capital of Heijokyo kicked off April 24, the official start of an event officials hope will attract 2.5 million visitors to the historical site, especially restored for the event, and up to 12 million visitors to the prefecture over the span of the next year. 文が長すぎて、どこがどう繋がっているのか分からなくなってしまいました。 文の構造等も教えて頂きたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

Celebrations to mark the 1300th anniversary of the founding of Nara's ancient capital of Heijokyo までが主語。 簡潔には celebrations で不定詞の形容詞的用法により修飾。 kicked off April 24 で述部。 SV, SV. のような形はこのような正式な英語では使いません。 the official start of an event「行事の公式な始まり」が April 24 の言い換え。 an event を先行詞として、 officials hope will attract 2.5 million visitors to the historical site, especially restored for the event, and up to 12 million visitors to the prefecture over the span of the next year が修飾しています。 the person who I think will come here「私がここにくるだろうと思う人」 という専門的には連鎖関係代名詞節というのがあって、この場合、主格の who が省略できます。 an event (which) officials hope will attract 2.5 million visitors ~ 「役人たちが250万人の訪問客を惹きつけると希望するイベント」 「4月24日、すなわち、役人が250万人の来訪者を惹きつけると希望するイベントの公式な始まり(の日)」 attract 人 to ~で「人を~に惹きつける」 to the historical site 平城京跡のことです。 この site を especially restored for the event が挿入的に説明。 「特にこのイベントに向けて改修されたのだが」 and 以下は and (attract) (up to) 12million visitors to ~ up to は 12 million という数字にだけかかります。 「(1300年際の期間中、かつ平城京跡内の見込みは250万に対し)2010年全体の奈良県全体の見込みは1200万人までも」 SV (on) April 24, 名詞のまとまり(4月24日の説明) という構造になっていますが、英語として読む限りは前から後へ後へと読んでいけばいいです。

aiciaiciai
質問者

お礼

ようやく分かりました!! official start...,は修飾された大きな名詞ということですね。 最後の構造の説明ですべてが納得です。 ほんとうにありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

たしかに長くて分りにくいです。 ご参考までに、私の読んだ読み方を示してみます。  Celebrations to mark the 1300th anniversary of the founding of Nara's ancient capital of Heijokyo 長いですけど、ここまでが、学校で習う文型の S + V みたいなのでいえば、S の部分に相当します。 要するに主語は Celebrations ということですから、この語に赤鉛筆か何かでアンダーラインでも引いておくといいかもしれません。  kicked off April 24, そうして、ここで S + V の V つまり動詞が出てきました。さっき Celebrations に赤鉛筆でアンダーラインを引いたのなら、今度は kicked off の部分に青鉛筆ででもアンダーラインんを引いておくとよいかも。  the official start of an event officials hope will attract 2.5 million visitors to the historical site, ここから後は付け足し。上で見た主語と述語の内容を、細かく説明する内容になります。 ここでも S + V をチェックすると、the official start of an event の部分が S で、will attract の部分が V になります。 attract という動詞は目的語を取っていて、それは 2.5 million visitors to the historical site という部分です。簡単にいえば visitors です。  especially restored for the event, ここは、その前の部分に付け加えての説明。面倒なら無視してしまってもいいでしょう。 and up to 12 million visitors to the prefecture over the span of the next year. 先に attract という動詞が出てきて、その目的語に相当するものも見ましたが、attract の目的語に相当するものは、ここにも出現しました。 先のは historical site への visitors を attract するのでしたが、それに加えて、奈良県という県への visitors を attract する、ということを述べています。 それは、over the span of the next year (「来年1年という span の間に」)という説明が終わりにきています。 ただし、その attract する人数は、前に  officials hope という句が挿入されていましたから、あくまでも officials が hope するものでしかないわけですけれども・・・ ざっとこんなふうに、少しづつ区切って読めば、何のことが書いてあるのか、という程度のことは分るのではないかと思います。

aiciaiciai
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます!! すごーく分かりやすくて、 内容は理解できました!! 一つ教えてください。 どうしても分からないのは、 最初の節とコンマで区切られた節とのつながりです。 回答者さまのご教授でなっとくは出来たのですが。 たとえばwhichが省略されてるとかなんでしょうか。 前文を説明するのに、コンマで区切られて 接続詞もなく、普通の文がくることって良くあるんでしょうか? 教えて頂いて、いろいろな文章に対応出来るようになりたいので よろしくお願いします。

noname#185706
noname#185706
回答No.2

Celebrations (to mark the 1300th anniversary of the founding of Nara's ancient capital of Heijokyo) kicked off April 24, [which marks] the official start of an event [which] (officials hope) will attract 2.5 million visitors to the historical site,([which was] especially restored for the event,) and up to 12 million visitors to the prefecture over the span of the next year. でどうでしょう。attract するのは start ではなく event であると解釈しています。

回答No.1

Celebrations/ to mark the 1300th anniversary (of the founding / of Nara's ancient capital / of Heijokyo) kicked off / April 24, / the official start / (of an event officials hope) / will attract 2.5 million visitors / to the historical site, / especially restored for the event,/ and up to 12 million visitors / to the prefecture / over the span of the next year. Celebrations to mark the 1300th anniversary kicked off April 24.(which is for the founding of Nara's ancient capital of Heijokyo) The official start will attract 2.5 million visitors to the historical site.(especially restored for the event) And (the celebration will attract) up to 12million visitors to the prefecture over the span of the next year. 上の段で分割、下の段でわかりやすく分類してみました。 このように分割してみればわかるのではないでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文を訳してください

The Cultural Affairs Agency is considering taking apart the stone chamber of the ancient Takamatsuzuka tomb in the village of Asuka, Nara Prefecture, and reassembling it elsewhere to prevent the further deterioration of its wall painting. The tomb features colorfully painted walls. The unusual preservation method is being considered because the tomb’s current situation makes it impossible to prevent further damage and stop the spread of mold.

• 語順整序 大学入試問題

The first impression ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) vastness. (1)is (2)its (3)most visitors (4)of (5)to America 解答では The first impression of most visitors to America is its vastness. となっていますが、 私は impression to のつながりを考え、 The first impression to America of most visitors is its vastness. としました。 問題文に和訳は併記されていません。 この文ではいけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• この英文たちについてご説明願います

1.That's die historical imperative in action. この文の意味が良くわかりません。 2.Off they go for meltdown. Offが文頭にあるのは何故ですか? 3.His orders were to follow the trains out of Warsaw. この文中のout ofの訳を教えてください。 4.Out of half a million. この文中のout ofの訳を教えてください。 5.There are rumours circulating that resettlement measures are again going to be taken. この場合circulatingはrumours+that節の間に挿入されて、 rumoursを後ろのポジションから修飾している、と考えて構わないですか? 6.Isn't that what you Jews are best at? Making 'geld'? make geldの訳は「去勢される」ですか? 以上です。一度にたくさん質問してしまってすみません! 全部に対してでなくても結構ですのでよろしくお願いいたします!

• 英文訳をお願い致します

以下の英文訳をお願い致します。 Officials said more than 80% of the town had been engulfed by the mudslide. Residents recounted how they had been alerted to the approaching mudslide by the ringing of the church bells. Most were able to flee their homes in time. The government said it would send a group of experts to Utica to assess whether it was safe for residents to return to the town or if there could be sinkholes or other geological faults. As meteorologists forecast more rain for the area, firefighters did not rule out the possibility of another mudslide. Government officials in Cundinamarca, where Utica is located, said they would decide over the next few days whether to rebuild the whole town on safer, higher ground. The heavy rains are not restricted to Cundinamarca. In central Tolima province officials have put the town of Honda on high alert as the level of the river Magdalena continues to rise. Nationwide, 12 major highways have been closed due to the continuing rains and flooding. Colombia has been suffering from a particularly wet winter, which officials say has affected almost three million people across the country. これで全部です。 長くて申し訳ありませんがよろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! Only the north and west sides needed to be constructed upon new earthen banks, formed from the upcast obtained by digging the arena. Other buildings of the colonial phase can be identified on historical or archeological grounds. Pre-eminent was the Temple of Venus, the patron goddess of the colony. This was constructed on a lofty platform at the southwest corner of the city, adjacent to the Porta Marina, where the goddess would be able to control and protect the route by which visitors arrived from the commercial port.

• 英文を短く(簡単に)して欲しいです。

⇨以降を書き直しました。 Arguing that Greece and Turkey could fall victim to subversion without support from friendly nations, Truman asked Congress to authorize $400-million in emergency assistance. ⇨Arguing that Greece and Turkey could fall victim to subversion, Truman asked Congress to authorize $400-million in emergency assistance. この文で、特に問題ないでしょうか? 後、以下の文をもう少し短く、もしくは簡単にすることはできますか? He was launching the Marshall Plan to rebuild the economy of Western Europe, for leading the Cold War against Soviet and Chinese communism by establishing the Truman Doctrine and NATO, and for intervening in the Korean War. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 TOEIC用の参考書のある一文です。 The chateau grounds will also be open for visitors to stroll through colorful gardens still home to some of Gerard's most notable sculptures. 付いてる和訳は 邸宅の敷地も公開され、ジェラールの最も有名な彫刻の数々が今でも残る色彩豊かな庭を散策することができます。 still home辺りがよく分かりません。 homeではなく過去分詞なら、文として成り立つと思うのですが。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文について

You should study the terms below and be ready to provide a short paragraph(3-4 sentences), which provides two key pieces of information: 1. Identify and describe what the term was. 2. Explain the historical significance of the term. Usually, students find part, the identification and description easier. For this first part, you must explain who a person was, or describe what happened during an event, or what a concept means. It usually helps to also indicate when the person lived, event took place, or concept was relevant. However, the most important part of the answer to an ID term is the historical significance of it: Why the person, event, or concept was important for our study of the past. As you study ID Terms for the exams, make sure that you can clearly explain why the term in your answer is to have a sentence which begins "(this term) was important because... " and then provide the reason. 英文がかなり長くてすみません。 来週テストがありそのことについて記載している文になります。 そして、この英文の下にいろんなキーワードがあります。 例えば、Thomas Jefferson, Korean Warなど。 このトーマスジェファーソンについてなら、 「彼はアメリカ独立宣言の主要な作者であり、アメリカ合衆国の共和制の理想を追求したことで最も影響力のあったアメリカ合衆国建国の父の一人とされている。共和制を推進し、イギリスの帝国主義に対抗する偉大な「自由の帝国」の陰にある力としてアメリカの姿を描いた。」 と言ったような内容の英文を3~4文準備しておけばいいと言うことでしょうか? (授業で習った内容を重要キーワードみたいなものを2つ入れておけばいいと言うことですか?) また途中で出て来るIDとはなんのことでしょうか? (テストの2日前に授業があり、その時にもう一度確認しようとは思っています) よろしくお願いいたします。

• わからない英文があります

わからない英文があります 全文(倒産したJが弁護士(友人)のSと相談している場面): J: Won't these costs be covered by chapter eleven? S: Well, filing for bankruptcy isn't going to make this thing go away. The U.S. Attorney's office is involved in this now. They'll push for fraud and unauthorized transactions. J: Yeah, so, they find me. And I go back to work. And I make it all back. S: Four million dollars? Unless you plan on going to the track and getting *really* lucky... J: Look. If you don't want to do this - S: You're going to lose your series seven license.It's really important that you understand the predicament you're in. J: Look. I get it from my wife every day. My daughters won't talk to me. I got my ass kicked in front of everyone at the most elegant event of the year. I get it. Okay, man. I, I, I definitely understand. ↓の文の意味を教えてください! *They'll push for fraud and unauhthorized transactions. *And I make it all back *Unless you plan on going to the track *You're going to lose your series seven license *I got my ass kicked

• 次の英文を日本語訳して下さい。

The two hundred and sixty domains varied greatly in size. The largest was that of the Maeda family in Kaga (Ishikawa Prefecture) and Etchu (Toyama Prefecture) provinces, with an official productive capacity of over five million bushels of rice (1,000,000 koku). At the other end of the scale lay numerous holdings rated either at or not very much above the 10,000 koku mark, which was the minimum needed for daimyo status. All domains were technically self-governing units, subject only to the broad requirements of Tokugawa hegemony and national policy. This meant that the laws in force in a domain issued from its own administrative capital or castle-town, not Edo; and that the supervisory officials were its own han samurai who were appointed by and responsible to the local daimyo, not the shogun. In the field of taxation, the han governments collected and spent revenues as they pleased, and the bakufu had no customary right to impose regular taxes outside the tenryo. koku 石 tenryo 天領