• ベストアンサー

"what really got me"は、なぜ"いやっだったのは"という日本訳になるのでしょうか?

こんにちは、 今回は"harry potterand the chamber of secrets"[UK版]に関してです。 P.221の下のあたりの文です。 状況としては、「嘆きのマートル」が自分が死んだ時の状況を説明しているところです。 その中の一文 "Anyway, what really got me was that it was a boy speaking." という文に関してです。日本語訳としては、 "とにかく、いやだったのは、しゃべってるのが男子だったってこと。" となっていますが、 "what really got me"が、なぜ"いやっだったのは"となるのかわかりません。 教えてください。 参考までに、前後の文を書かせていただきます。 宜しくお願いします。 "It happened right in here. I died in this very cubicle. I remember it so well. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. The door was locked, and I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in. They said something funny. A different language, I think it must have been. Anyway, what really got me was that it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go and use his own toilet, and then-"

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • toypu2008
  • ベストアンサー率40% (48/118)
回答No.1

get の原義に『ある状態になる』というのがあります。 その派生として、『人をある状態にする』という意味が あると考えられます。慣用表現として What gets me ~ または It gets me~ で、 【~は頭にくる、~がムカつく】という意味になります。 例. It really gets me the way he acts like he knows everything. (なんでも知っているように振る舞う彼にとてもいら立つ。)

chugging
質問者

お礼

回答いただきありがとうございます。 getの原義からの派生語なんですね。 わかりました。ありがとうございます。

chugging
質問者

補足

回答いただきありがとうございます。 getの原義からの派生語なんですね。 わかりました。ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.2

「what really got me was」の意味は「何が私の感情に本当に訴えて来たかというと」で、この場合は、たまたま文脈からして「何が(カチンと)来たかというと」転じて「いやっだったのは」になります。ちなみに、ヴァン・ヘイレンの大ヒット曲に「You Really Got Me」というのがありますが、これは「(君に俺は)グッと来たぜ」という意味です。

参考URL:
http://eow.alc.co.jp/really+got+me/UTF-8/
chugging
質問者

お礼

回答いただきありがとうございます。 "You really got me" いいフレーズですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• "I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT"という歌のCDを捜してます・・!

I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT という洋楽のCDを探してます。 アーティスト名も、何で使われてるのかもわからないのですが、もしご存知の方がいらっしゃいましたら教えてください。お願いします。 (ゆったりとしたJAZZっぽい曲です) 歌詞の抜粋↓ Some time she treats me fine then get way out of line but still in all I'm stickin line glue 'cause I know what I've got But I don't know what I've getting so baby I'm with you (略) Let's have it understood It's you and me for good and you and me for good and anyone that doubt cause I know what I've got But I don't know what I'm getting here's sine thing you should know weh I'm forgot to tell her that I love her so

• 日本語にして下さい!!よろしくお願いします。

Although an email is not enough, and a video is not enough as well, I want to try to tell you how much I appreciated your gift! I got so, deeply moved from this…that I don’t even know what to say (and this is so rare!). I was expecting to receive my new watercolor brushes today, so, when the postman rang the doorbell, I though ‘YEPPEEE!!! My new brushes! Hurray!’ and I hurried to the door! Then he said: “There are 2 packages for you boy!”. I thought “Weird, the sent 2 packages for 3 small brushes?”. Then I read what was written on one of them… and I totally forgot about brushes. It was your gift. I was...stunned! Surprised! Totally, incredibly happy. I went back inside, here in front of my pc. And I started shaking, as I was so…! I opened it, and saw your sweet presents, and sent you the SMS and LINE messages, then read the letter. Yes, I did cry (please, don’t think I am a crybaby! XD). I got really moved by what you did. You know I like Ranma and bought me something about it...it's...I can’t describe how happy I am, that's why I will record the video right after finishing the email. And I love everything you sent me! The Christmas Origami, so beautiful and delicate!. And the Onsen souvenir ;__; thank you for thinking about me when you went there…! And the stamps, and the letter… Mika! There are so many things I would like to be able to say. Mika, you are so special for me, thank you! I will now record the video, and write the transcript of what I say (I hope I don’t start crying! XDDDD I promise I won’t!) Take care, Mika, I am with you. Always. Don’t ever feel alone. Because if you need, I will be with you. I will never leave you alone! Fabio The transcript of the video------------ gosh XD okay I cried but just a little XDDDD Sorry! Hi….hey! Its….hard to find the right words to thank you. I wrote it in the email but I want to thank you. I know it’s not enough, it will never be enough…a video, or an email! I…. I am really, really happy…uhm…for…for what you sent me. I really like these (showing ranma notebooks)…. I like this (the souvenir from onsen). I like…the stamps….and the letter! And this…well, you wrote on it so I like it! I…I am so happy of it. And… I don’t know exactly what I want to say! Because…uhm… (pause) I said I would have done that but I’m doing it XD don’t worry! It’s just…thank you. I appreciate it, I appreciate it so much! And… If I ever feel alone… I will… shake this! I will shake this and I will know you are somewhere and… hopefully happy! And….uhm! Sorry… And… aww my voice sorry! I am so so happy you sent me these things that I don’t even know what to say… now you’ll think I’m a crybaby right? I am not a crybaby…but…I, I am… I got so moved from your present that really I don’t know what to say! And….Sorry….! Sorry I am so happy that I can’t help it. I am a crybaby right? XD You think so! But… uhm…uhm….yes! thank you…thank you so much! Thank you so much! For your really… unique gift! Thank you!

• 英語を日本語に訳して貰えますか?

友人から来たメールの文章ですが、なんとなくしか理解出来ません…。英語が堪能な方に訳して頂きたいです…。 Me if i think to marry my EX-boyfriend...in one point i did . but thank god i did not ..he really was not a good boy.he was a evil boss like character..so what he say or nothing! .....he try to control me always ......... and he never care if i need it to finish a project .. so that how she was... ) but now i am by my self and is good but i feel lonely.. and that how i feel now !

• カーペンターズの曲で『Love me for what I am』とい

カーペンターズの曲で『Love me for what I am』という曲の日本語の訳を知りたいです。 We fell in love on the first night that we met Together we've been happy I have very few regrets The ordinary problems have not been hard to face, but lately little changes has been Slowly taking place You’re always finding something Is wrong in what I do But you can’t rearrange my life because it Pleases you You’ve got to love me For what I am For simply being me Don’t love me for what You intend and hope that I will be And if you’re only using me to feed your fantasies, you’re really not in love so let me go- I must be free If what you want, isn’t natural for me I won’t pretend to keep you...... The picture of perfection is only in your mind For all your expectations love can never be designed We.......each other...... And make another start... Ur really not in love so let me go I must be free... なんて言っているのでしょうか。 サイトで翻訳しても機械的なのでわからないです、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を日本語へ訳して頂けますか?

下記の英語を日本語へ訳して頂けますか? 英語は第二言語の方なので変な部分があるかもしれませんが...。 i break up with my ex-girlfriend because she was not a good person . she treat me bad and she never care about what i think and like . she really was evil. all my friend toll me that she was not good for me because she treat me bad in frond of all my friend . and she call me loser all the time went she felt sad for no reason . she got me depress so depress ... i got tired of it i want it some one ho love me for ho i am and what i love to do ... she never care about me and what i want for me and my future ... i am scare to fine some one like my ex .....i dont want that life again.. i am happy now ... but i know you are not like that you are sweet and caring girl... i only want a good and happy girl for me and i really want i happy family ...

• 英文の日本語訳についておしえてください

英語の予習で日本語訳をやっているのですがあっているか心配です。 なので間違っているところの指摘をお願いします。 ●英文 The girl's father was pleased. He was sure the boy was no longer in love with his daughter. When he finished reading the letter, he gave it to her. The girl rwad the letter and said, "He loves me so much! I wish I could go out with him again!" Why was the girl so pleased ? She and the boy had a secret way of writing to each other. She read the first line, and then the third line, nad then the fifth line, and so on, to the end of the letter. ●日本語訳 女性の父親は満足しました。 彼は、青年が娘に恋をしてないと確信しました。 彼が手紙を読み終えて、手紙を彼女に渡しました。 女性は手紙を読んで 「彼は私をとても愛してる!またデートできればな!」と言いました。 なぜ、女性はそのように喜んだのか? 彼女と青年はお互いに秘密の書き方をしていました。 彼女が読んだ1行目と3行目と5行目が手紙の最後になっています。

• 日本語訳で困っています。

日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)My mom says it felt as though someone tapped her on the shoulder, but when she turned around no one was there. (2)It was then that she noticed I wasn't in sight. (3)She saw me in the pool, kicking and waving my arms in the air, trying to keep my head above the water. (4)She held me in her arms and thanked God that I was all right.

• 英語が堪能な方 訳をお願いできますか?

I: We hung out about six months ago or so. CS: I was like I've been here before and I came in the back way. I: You did exactly the same thing. And the last time you were here, I think you had about a hundred thousand followers on Twitter. CS: Yeah I'm at like 500 and it goes up like 5,000 a day and I'm like wow. I: At the Cody Simpson, talk to me about how this happened. Of course you were found on YouTube by mediators. CS: Yeah I was found I think it was two thousand and was the end of two thousand and nine. Um like October 2009. I had this producer was just like send me messages to Myspace I think it was and he was just like I think you're really talented why don't you come over and record some songs for me. So he flew me and my dad over and we just gotten in a studio and see what happen and.. I: Next thing you know. CS: Yeah it just it just went like that. I: And you teamed up with Flo Rida with..

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

以下の英文の日本語訳をお願いします。よろしくお願いします。 (1)What happened next was amazing. (2)It shows how very precious life really is and how it can be lost in the blink of an eye.

• this really と really の違いを教えてください

1)It was this really big shake. I had this really shocking dream. を 2)It was really a big shake. I had really a shocking dream. とすると、1)と2)では意味に何か違いがあるのでしょうか?また1)では冠詞のaをつけないのはなぜでしょうか?ご存知の方がおりましたら是非教えてください。