Einstein's Pacifism: A Profound Movement in Science

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Einstein's pacifism was a prominent aspect of his life, as he openly criticized militaristic governments for their approach to war.
  • Einstein's theory of relativity was sparked by a shift in the scientific community towards a more profound method of thinking, moving away from passive experimentation.
  • While Einstein's contributions to science were significant, his commitment to pacifism was a central aspect of his identity.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文解釈(高校1年)教えてください

Einstein's pacifism was something he did little to hide.He spoke and wrote extensively against the way militaristic governments dealt with the problem of war,and condemned these governments for saying they were protecting their countries.Einstein argued that "you cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.The prevention of war requires more faith,courage and resolution than is needed to prepare for war." The contributions Einstein ( 1 ) in the field of science are undeniable.In a century dominated by science,he was the dominant scientist.His discoveries and theories created a movement away from passive experimentation into a more profound method of thinking.This led to (2)[his theory of relativity];that the world was not as it seemed.Yet ( 3 ) all the advances in modern thinking that were brought on by Einstein,one thought remains true;science was Einstein's work,but pacifism was his life. 上の英文の(2)[his theory of relativeity]を生むきっかけとなった当時の科学界の動向はどんなものだったか。日本語で簡潔に答えよ。 という問題です。 その前にある from passive experimentation into a more profound method of thinking の passive experimentation の部分がそれに相当するのかなと思いますが、この前後の文章の意味するところが辞書で調べてもいまいちつかめず、どのようなことばで表現すれば適当なのかわかりません。 解説よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

passive experimentation 直訳すると「受身的な実験」になると思います。転じて 実験のみに頼る・・・何の疑いも持たず実験だけに頼る科学 passiveを英英辞典で調べると 1. not actively taking part: 2. obeying readily: 4. influenced by something external: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=passive 4番から訳すと、外の影響を受け、速従い、それ以上のことはしない。 上手くこじつけられました。LOL

myuumin
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 実験に頼る科学ということは 理論物理に対する実験物理というようなことでしょうか? そのような方向で考えてみます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈に悩んでいます

"which shoed a sign"以下で解釈に困っています。このwhich はいったい何用法でしょうか? He had a jaundiced view of the gay issue. He had no kith or kin, and noisome odor always came drifting from his armpits beside his cadaverous chest, which showed a sign of his protracted disease. He was a complete neophyte on this matter, but he had this odious habit of judging anything before him. He had given a reprieve of one month, so he was more cheerful and unassuming in his behavior than he had been a couple of months earlier.

• 英文の邦訳

Still, I think I was not unusual among historians of science of my generation in thinking that the widespread linking of science and technology or of science and administrative expertise involved something fundamentally spurious, that these supposed connections brought undeserved credit to each enterprise by making science seem more practical and its “applications” more intellectual than either really is. 上記英文を御訳し願います。

• 英文解釈について

以下の英文解釈について文法的解釈も含め教えて下さい。 becouse of 以下の意味があやふやです。 I did the calculations and showed that a townhouse — because of its common walls and its decreased external surface area — was actually more energy-efficient than a single-family passive solar home in most climates. よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の解釈に関しまして

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [UK, adult版] p.223 11章の第一文に関してです。 Harry did not want to tell the others that he and Luna were having the same hallucination, if that was what it was, so he said nothing more about the horses as he sat down inside the carriage and slammed the door behind him. ハリーはルーナが自分と同じ幻覚(馬車を引く馬で他の学生には見えないがハリーとルーナには見える)をみたことを誰にもいいたくありません。そのことを書いている英文です。 この文で「if that was what it was」はどのように英文解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 日本語では「幻覚だったかもしれない…」となっていますがなぜこのような日本語になるのでしょうか? 「what it is」は「それが何であるか、それが何か」というような意味になるかと思うのですが、それと同じように解釈すると、今度は「if that was」とつながりにくくなります。 どのように解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について

He was a man ,curious to look at, and every day when I came out and passed his garden he was there , his crutches under his arms ,leaning on the gate ,silently regarding me as I went by. という文章なのですが挿入を元に戻してHe was a man and every day when I came out and passed his garden he was there  で彼は男で私が外出し、彼の庭を通るときは毎日、彼はそこにいた。 curious to look at his crutches under his arms で腕の下の松葉づえを注意深く見ながら??ここらへんからおかしくなります。 解釈のほどお願いいたします。 Three of the Pylamids are very large ,the great being that of Gizah ,but there are many smaller ones. という文ではThree of the Pylamids are very large but there are many smaller ones. でピラミッドのうち三つはとても大きいが、とても小さいのもある。 ここに分詞構文the great being that of Gizah をつけようと思ってもなかなか意味がわかりません。 解釈のほどよろしくお願いします。 My eyes ,not being so much under control as my toungue ,were attracted towards my aunt very often during breakfast. では、舌ほどうまく眼は動かせないので朝食の間何回もおばを見てしまった。程度の訳でよいのでしょうか? 日本語訳でも意味がわかりません。 the earlier a thing is learned ,the longer ,and so the greater , the use of which can be made of it. では「すればするほど」の構文だとは思うのですが、the longer や 関係代名詞of whichの先行詞であろう主語に対応する動詞がないように思えます。これも解釈のほどお願いいたします。 以上の4つの英文についてお尋ねします。一つでもいいのでご指南願います。

• この英文は、どう解釈すればよいでしょうか?

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix [UK, adult版]p.917 下の方のダンブルドアの会話からです。 少し長いですが、引用させていただきます。 ハリーをなぜハリーの母親の妹の家に預けたかをダンブルドアが説明している部分の一部です。 "My answer is that my priority was to keep you alive. You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized. Voldemort had been vanquished hours before, but his supporters – and many of them are almost as terrible as he – were still at large, angry, desperate and violent. And I had to make my decision, too, with regard to the years ahead. Did I believe that Voldemort was gone forever? No. I knew not whether it would be ten, twenty or fifty years before he returned, but I was sure he would do so, and I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you." 質問は2点あります。 1. "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized."について 日本語訳では "君がどんなに危険な状態にあるかを認識しておったのは、わしだけだったじゃろう。" とあるのですが、なぜこのような日本語訳になるのでしょうか? "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone." だと "君は他の人よりもっと危険な状態にあった" となると思うんですが、そこに"but I realize"がつくとなぜ上記のような訳になるのか教えてください。 2. " I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you."について この文の" knowing him as I have done"に関してです。 日本語訳では"あやつを知るわしとしては"となっているのですが、やはり、なぜこのような意味になるのかわかりません。 "knowing him"(あやつを知っている)、as (~のように)、I have done と分けて考えてみたのですが、最後の I have doneはどう解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

In 1994, Afflerbach questioned the authenticity of the "Christmas Memorandum" in his biography of Falkenhayn; after studying the evidence that had survived in the Kriegsgeschichtliche Forschungsanstalt des Heeres (Army Military History Research Institute) files, he concluded that the memorandum had been written after the war but that it was an accurate reflection of much of Falkenhayn's thinking in 1916. Krumeich wrote that the Christmas Memorandum had been fabricated to justify a failed strategy and that attrition had been substituted for the capture of Verdun, only after the city was not taken quickly. Foley wrote that after the failure of the Ypres Offensive of 1914, Falkenhayn had returned to the pre-war strategic thinking of Moltke the Elder and Hans Delbrück on Ermattungsstrategie (attrition strategy), because the coalition fighting Germany was too powerful to be decisively defeated by military means.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

On 21 July, Franz Joseph was reportedly surprised by the severity of the ultimatum that was to be sent to the Serbs, and expressed his concerns that Russia would be unwilling to stand idly by; yet he nevertheless chose to not question Berchtold's judgement. A week after the ultimatum, on 28 July, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, and two days later the Austro-Hungarians and the Russians went to war. Within weeks, the Germans, French and British entered the fray. Because of his age, Franz Joseph was unable to take an active part in the war in comparison to past conflicts. Franz Joseph died in the Schönbrunn Palace on the evening of 21 November 1916, at the age of eighty-six. His death was a result of developing pneumonia of the right lung several days after catching a cold while walking in Schönbrunn Park with the King of Bavaria. He was succeeded by his grandnephew Charles I, who reigned until the collapse of the Empire following its defeat in 1918. He is buried in the Kaisergruft in Vienna, where flowers are still left by monarchists.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

In the same year he became a member of the Académie française in succession to the duc d'Audiffret-Pasquier; he was already a member of the Academy of Moral and Political Science. In justification of his policy in opposition he published in 1905 two volumes of his Discours politiques. Ribot was brought in as prime minister for a few days in June 1914 following the collapse of the Doumergue government, and returned to power again in March 1917, following the fall of Briand. Ribot's final ministry was during the most dismal part of the First World War, seeing the failure of the Nivelle Offensive and the famous mutiny of the French soldiers which followed. Dismissed in September and replaced by minister of war Paul Painlevé, Ribot continued as foreign minister for a month before resigning in October. The main grammar school (lycée) in Saint Omer, the Lycée Alexandre Ribot, bears his name today.

• 英文解釈

下記の英文をどう解釈すれば良いのかわかりません。わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら解説お願いします。 "What he attempted to do is, he analyzed where Russia was going and attempted to ride a horse - instead, he was on the back of a bucking elephant.” --補足-- 【前後の分】 For the next six years, Gorbachev embarked on a series of domestic reforms that radically changed the Soviet Union. Former U.S. Ambassador to Moscow Thomas Pickering said, "What he attempted to do is, he analyzed where Russia was going and attempted to ride a horse - instead, he was on the back of a bucking elephant.” Gorbachev’s reforms touched all segments of society. It included freeing press restrictions and releasing political prisoners and dissidents from jail and internal exile. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/europe/Gorbachevs-Domestic-Reforms-Led-to-End-of-Soviet-Union-135190548.html