• ベストアンサー

Barbie radio

3点質問があります。 Some scientists succeeded in cloning a sheep and various other animals. Theoretically, doesn't this mean we can clone ourselves? 後半の文、ニュアンス的には”~ってことだよね?”ととれますが、"doesn't"と否定から入るのは何故でしょうか。 Three of her songs have all been in the top 20 for six weeks in a low. "all"がhave と beenの間に入るのは何故でしょう?また、"all"は必要ないと思いますが強調でしょうか? Man: Well, and what about you, Emily? What do you want for Christmas? Emily: If I can't have a Barbie radio, um, I would have some fragile dolls. And if I can't have some fragile dolls, it doesn't really matter what I get. 後半の文、"Barbie radio"=バービー人形だと思いますが、"radio"に人形という意味があるのでしょうか。(私の辞書にはありません。。。)また、Emilyが何を望んでいるのか読み取れません。丸投げですみませんが、教えて下さい。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.3

○"doesn't" 例えば「~, isn't it?」で「~でしょ?」という意味ですよね。ご質問の件は、その“長ったらしい版”だと思ってください。ただ、「doesn't this mean we can clone ourselves?」を直訳したとしても「this mean we can clone ourselvesってことでは“ない”の?」ですから、そう難しく考える必要はないと思います。 ○"all" 「Three of her songs have been in the top 20」 =「3曲がトップ20入りしている」 「Three of her songs have all been in the top 20」 =「3曲すべてがトップ20入りしている」 です。意味は同じですが、ニュアンスが違いますよね。 ○"Barbie radio" すでにご回答にあるとおりですが、調べ方としては、わからない語句を""で括って、英語圏のyahooなどで検索するとヒントがたくさんヒットします。そもそもバービーのような人気商品といえば、お人形さんそのものだけではなく関連グッズがたくさん販売されていますから、よく考えれば想像はつくはずです。日本にも「りかちゃんハウス」とかいろいろな物が、これまでありましたよね。

hii-kun
質問者

お礼

"Barbie radio"をGoogleで調べたら商品がありました。 その他の回答もありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• skydaddy
  • ベストアンサー率51% (388/748)
回答No.2

動物のクローンが作られたからといって、単純に人に応用できないという推察から、否定疑問になっているのでは?もし、できると思っているなら”できないことはない”と二重否定を使うと思います。 allは強調、そのとおりだと思います。 barbie ratio radioは人形ではありません。barbieはブランドとしての冠です。 以下で商品を見ることができます。 http://www.barbie.com/activities/friends/radiobarbie/ http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barbie+radio

hii-kun
質問者

お礼

商品名とは想像がつきませんでした。勉強になります。 他の回答もありがとうございます。助かりました。

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

doesn't から入るのは特別の理由はないと思います。強いて言えば人のクローンはイヤな話題と思う人もいるだろうしエチケット上気軽に口に出して言えることではないので遠慮している気持ちが Theoretically, doesn't という言い出しに察しられます。 have all been という言い回しは口調から言い易いし、強調にもなるので入っているのだと思います。 Barbie radio のことは私は知りませんので省略します。radio と言える部品が組み込まれているのかな。

hii-kun
質問者

お礼

わかり易い回答ありがとうございます。 勉強になります。

関連するQ&A

• radio silence

My former best friend and I have grown apart over the last several years. We lived together for four years, after which he got married. I believe his wife is not a fan of me (I’m a lesbian, he’s a straight man, if that matters). At first we just talked less often, and he didn’t show up at as many get-togethers. Now he doesn’t reply to any of my texts or calls, including happy birthday messages. After several years of increasing radio silence, I posted something in favor of gun control. radio silenceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文を日本語にしてください。

I miss cooking and eating Chinese food. In college, the food just doesn't taste as good as when it's homemade, and they very rarely make Chinese or other Asian dishes. Sometime they have sushi though, which is good.  I have so many plans for traveling and studying abroad, I hope I can do them all! In Japan, I want to see Shibuya, the Ghibli Museum, Pheonix Hall (or I think you call it Byodo-in), Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, and haha probably so many other places but I can't think of them right now よろしくお願いします。

• 英語

Barbie doll I want married in Japan. この意味は 私はバービー人形が日本で結婚して欲しい で 合ってるんでしょうか?

• 次の文章を訳して下さい。

Have you no regard For what you donʼt Understand is my only way Out Have you ever Thought it all through What your part is in all of this Noise Iʼm so happy You are my friend I am thrilled And so overjoyed Beyond I canʼt say Thanks enough For all that youʼve done Such support when Iʼm melting Down

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(2)

In my opinion, why argue at all? I can't say that you're right in your beliefs and I can't say that I am either. It's just not possible in my mind. But then, yes, I have experienced some of the feelings you mentioned in your letter. What's the point? Coming from someone who likes to think there is something out there, but realize that I am not sure - We're here to live together and to choose how to live in this society. I don't know what else there is, and I have accepted not knowing. こんにちは、アメリカ人からのメールですが、 (1)一行目のwhy argue at all?が全くわかりません(>_<) (2)What's the point? ポイントは何だっけ?というかんじでしょうか? (3) Coming from someone who l ikes to think there is something out there, but realize that I am not sureは全くわかりません<(_ _)>すみませんがどなたかアドバイスお願いします。

• THAT DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE IF I CAN'T SEE!

以下のような会話文なのですが、 A; GO BUY ME SOME MORE CONTACTS. B; PLEASE GO BUY THEM YOURSELF. A; THAT DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE IF I CAN'T SEE! ここで "『THAT』 DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE IF I CAN'T SEE!" の意味がよくわかりません。日本語訳は「あれがないと何も見えないの知っているでしょう。」となっていました。『THAT』は『コンタクトレンズを買うこと』なのでしょうか?お手数ですがよろしくお願いします。

• 簡単に和訳お願いします

Hi Some how it doesn't go through my canada address. It keep come up the don't send to the canada massage. Can't pay. What happen??

• 「かな」のtype 

Let me ask you a question about typing. Sorry that I'm writting this in English while I can't type Japanese fast. I pushed some buttons, and then something wrong with my typing board. For example, If I want to type 「な」,I usually type [na]. but now, I have to find the button of 「な」. My tyiping board doesn't accept roma-ji typing right now. How can I fix this? Could anyone help me,please?! Sorry that I can't explaine this in Japanese. I'm JAPANESE, so please answer to this in Japanese. Thank you very much.

• foreclose

I had a friend whose house was being foreclosed. I agreed to let them store some belongings in my garage for a couple months. It has now been two years. I have made several attempts to set up appointments to get him remove it all, but those days come and go and he doesn’t show up. foreclosedの意味を簡単に説明よろしくお願いします。あと、those days come and goはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I have my love. の意味

Love is more pleasant once you get out of your twenties. It doesn't hurt all the time. I no longer fall in and out of love. I have my love. という文章で、I have my love. の意味は 1)私は恋をしたことがある 2)私には愛する人がいる 3)私は今、恋をしている 4)私は愛についての独自の考えを持っている の内、どれか、という問題なのですが、 2)と4)で迷っています。 どなたかご教示下さいませんでしょうか。