Foreclosed: A Story of Unwanted Belongings

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Foreclosed refers to the legal process in which a lender takes possession of a property due to the borrower's failure to make mortgage payments.
  • Those days come and go is an idiom that means a period of time goes by without any significant events happening.
  • In this case, it means that despite making multiple attempts to schedule a time for the friend to remove their belongings, they constantly fail to show up, causing frustration and inconvenience to the person storing them.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

foreclose

I had a friend whose house was being foreclosed. I agreed to let them store some belongings in my garage for a couple months. It has now been two years. I have made several attempts to set up appointments to get him remove it all, but those days come and go and he doesn’t show up. foreclosedの意味を簡単に説明よろしくお願いします。あと、those days come and goはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>ではforeclosedの訳は「抵当に入れられる」で良いでしょうか?  というより「抵当に入れられる」だとまだ「流れ」ていませんので、「抵当流れ処分にされた」、あるいは「差し押さえられた」ではないかと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。foreclosedの意味を簡単に説明よろしくお願いします。  例えば、家をカタに(=担保にして)金を借り、期限までに金を返さないと、家を取られる、ことです。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=foreclose 2。あと、those days come and goはどのような意味でしょうか?  こういった日々(=家の中のものを出してもらように彼(=今の家主)に会う約束をした日々)は来て去った(=きたけれどもすっぽかされた)。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。ではforeclosedの訳は「抵当に入れられる」で良いでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• ensembleの意味

I've always invested in a couple of go-to outfit: smart-looking ensembles that I can wear in a variety of situations and I know I look sharp. This is worth spending some extra money on, I think ― go to a nice store and get a couple of chic outfits that you'll have ready to go on a moment's notice. That helps up internally as well as externally. ここでのensembleとhelps upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• firmed up

A few months ago my girlfriend and I agreed to meet her parents for the holidays. But since then I’ve developed doubts about the relationship. (She’s bossy, domineering, and I am happier on days when she doesn’t call. Nice one minute, a controlling terror the next.) Plans for the holidays have been firmed up, and I have zero enthusiasm to go. firmed upは「(計画が)固まった」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この文の意味を教えてください。

このメールの意味がわからなくて困っています。このような訳もわからなくって恥ずかしいです。よろしくお願いします。 What I meant to say is that, if I end up only correcting sentences on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I'm willing to do around 12 on each of those days.

• in the months leading up

My husband and I socialize with another couple that we met at a meetup about a year and a half ago. Six months ago, the husband invited mine on a guys’ hiking weekend. In the six months leading up to it, it was discussed often and always as a guys-only weekend. On the car ride there, my husband found out that some men were bringing their wives. I am furious at the couple for lying to me. I wouldn’t have wanted to go, and I wouldn’t have been upset that my husband was going, but I do think it’s a huge lie considering we talked about it no less than 10 times in the months leading up. In the six months leading up to itは「ハイキングまでの6ヶ月の間に」でしょうか?あと、最後のin the months leading upの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語から日本語に

wishing all happiness and good health and more birthdays to come..im so sorry im not there but once i come back i will make it up with you...i love you. お願いします(´・ω・`)

• 「Relax」の歌詞

フランキー・ゴーズ・トゥ・ハリウッドの 「Relax」の歌詞なんですが、 どうも内容がよくわかりません。 まず Relax. Don't do it when you want to go to it の最初のitと次のitは一体何なんでしょうか? 何に行くのに何をしちゃいけないの? when you want to come 来たいとき…? when you want to suck to it 一体何に吸い付くの? But shoot it in the right direction 正しい指導の下に何を打てばいいんでしょう? Make making it your intention-ooh yeah さっぱりわかりません。 Live those dreams scheme those schemes これも??? どうもスラングっぽいようです。よくわかりません。

• make it on their own

I dated "Carol" for more than eight years. I loved her and wanted to marry her. The problem was her children (now aged 37 and 42), who have not grown up to be mature adults. Carol knew from the beginning that if we ever broke up, it would be because of them. I spent every weekend with her. The kids had a tendency to go through my personal belongings when we were on a date and when we slept. I had to hide my checkbook, wallet, truck and house keys. Her kids still live there and put forth zero effort to make it on their own. make it on their ownは「自立する」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いいたします!

和訳お願いいたします! How are you this morning? I guess you're quite happy ... maybe you don't need to work today. Listen ... I've been thinking about your trip ... and I feel a little bit bad. When I was in Japan, you traveled all the way to Osaka, only be there a couple of hours and then go back. Now you're going to come all the way to Belgium and stay here a 2,5 days. I feel this is wrong I should be the one making all this effort. But since it might be interesting for you to come to Europe ... hmmm ... I guess it's ok for you to come. And I will be very happy to be your guide in Belgium :) But the least that I can do is to arrange your ticket. Please consider giving me your passport details and when you would like to return. I'll propose a few options and I'll book the one you want. Last time you payed for the shinkansen to come to Osaka please let me arrange your travel to Belgium. Now smile and be a good girl, don't be stubborn and say ... "hai" ... Now that I have this of my chest ... I can go bed and sleep with a clear conscience :)

• わからない英文があります!

"Where do we go? I have no car, no money." "I got it. I picked up a couple extra lessons this week. Feeling a little bit flush." 2行目の英文の意味を教えてください。

• go down の意味

I phoned up the hospital and they said to go down. この文章の意味を教えてください。