• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英文解釈についてお願いいたします。)

U.S. Army Psychiatrist Accused of Killing Attended Mother's Funeral at Mosque Connected to 9/11 Hijackers

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The U.S. Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people and wounding 29 at a military base in Texas attended his mother's funeral at a mosque in Falls Church, Virginia.
  • The mosque, the Dar al Hijrah Isramic Center, is the same mosque that two of the September 11 hijackers attended in 2001.
  • During the time of the funeral, a radical imam preached at the mosque, raising questions about the psychiatrist's possible connection to extremist ideologies.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

違うと思います。 2001年5月31日に母親の葬儀をやったのは、「11月5日に事件を起こしたこの人」(s_seekerさんの文言を拝借しています)の家族です。 枝葉を除くと、この文章は以下のようになります。 The family held his mother's funeral at the Dar al Hijrah Isramic Center in Falls Church, Virginia, on May 31, 2001, the same mosque that two Sept.11 hijackers attended in 2001, at a time when a radical imam preached there. 2つの文に分けて訳すと、 「家族は、2001年5月31日にフォールズチャーチ(ヴァージニア)のDar al Hijrah Isramicセンターで、彼の母の葬式を開いた。 そこは、(同じ)2001年に急進派イマームの説教に二人の9・11ハイジャック犯が参加したまさにそのモスクであった。」 後半部分は原文に忠実にせず、少々略して訳しています。 真面目に訳そうと思うと、ちょっと難儀します。 この文章の前半は、Maj. Nidal Malik Hasanの説明をくどくど書いてあります。 どうでしょうか?

s_seeker
質問者

お礼

説明ありがとうございます。だから最初にFamilyがつくのですね。なるほど・・・。確かに前半部分はHasanの説明ですね。急進派イマームの説教。が読みきれなかったです。ありがとうございました。 シンプルに考えるというところからですね・・・。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• in vs at

My niece was married at city hall nearly two years ago. My wife and I attended the ceremony, and afterward, we went to lunch. Two weeks later, they had a small catered reception at his grandmother's house. My wife and I attended and gave them a card with a check. Now they want to have their wedding blessed in a church. a card with a checkは「小切手付きのカード」でしょうか?あと、in a churchの代わりにat a churchは言えるでしょうか?なぜatではなくinなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文解釈について質問があります

were you working on a lot of ideas at the same time or were you systematically progressing track by track? It was both... somehow. We started with 2, 3 tracks which we already played for the live-shows and where we felt that it could be a good starting point for the new record. From that moment on it was more a progression from one track to the next one. At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. When we were about to finish the album we had most of the tracks in a rough version. This means in the last two months we had to work on several pieces at the same time. たくさんの曲を同時進行で作っていたのですか?それとも、1曲1曲ずつ順序立てて薦めていったのでしょうか? (質問の意図は簡単に言えば、曲作りを何曲かを同時進行で進めたのか、もしくは1曲1曲進めたのか?ですよね) それに対する答えは、 どちらのやり方もだね。なぜかはわからないけど…。すでにライブで演奏した事がある曲が2,3あってね。それらの曲からレコーディングし始めたんだけど、それって(2,3曲同時に進める事)レコーディングのよい出発点になるんじゃないかなって感じたんだ。 この場合のwhereはどういう役割でしょうか? From that moment on it was more a progression from one track to the next one. このmoreは副詞のmore? なぜ、a more progressionとはならないのか。このitは何なのか? この文の構造と意味も知りたいです。 At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. 少なくともあるレベルまではね。(そのあるレベルがどこかというと楽曲の基本的なアイデアが明確だったレベル) これで解釈はあってますよね? When we were about to finish the album we had most of the tracks in a rough version. This means in the last two months we had to work on several pieces at the same time. 俺たちがまさにアルバムを仕上げようとしていた時、楽曲の大部分のラフバージョンは持っていたよ。つまり、最後の2か月は何曲か同時に作業を進めなければならなかった事を意味する。 これらを踏まえるとどうも全体の意味がギクシャクしてしまいます。 自分の解釈としては、最初に両方のやり方を採用したと言っているので、 We started with 2, 3 tracks から、At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. ここまでで、「最初は1曲1曲進めていた」という流れで、 At least up to a certain level, where the basic idea of a piece was clear. When we were about to finish the album we had most of the tracks in a rough version. This means in the last two months we had to work on several pieces at the same time. 後半のこちらが、最後はすべて同時に進めないといけなかった。 という流れだと思うのですが・・・。どうも難しい。 今回もよろしくお願いいたします。

• 以下の英文の解釈をお願いします。

以下に全文と、それに対する私の和訳を書かせていただきます。誤訳や解釈ミスなどをご指摘いただきたいです。回答のほうよろしくお願いします。 It is a well-known fact that the same things are not funny to everybody. We have all at some time made what we consider to be a witty remark at the wrong time and in the wrong company and have consequently had to suffer severe embarrassment to find the joke falls flat. Unspoken rules govern where, when and with whom it is permissible to joke. 「同じものが皆に対しておかしいものではないということは良く知られた事実だ。我々は、我々が別の機会、違う仲間内で機知ある発言と考えるものを、ある時にすっかり言った結果、そのジョークが通じないことを知り、深刻な恥をかかねばならなかった。どこで、いつ、誰にジョークを言うことが許されるのかには暗黙の了解がある。」 回答のほうどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文“the Christian 〜 解釈について

添付ファイル文章: “the Christian society now is not ready and is only resting on some seven righteous men, but as they are never lacking, it will continue still unshaken in expectation of its complete transformation from a society almost heathen in character into a single universal and all–powerful Church. So be it, so be it! Even though at the end of the ages, for it is ordained to come to pass! に関する質問です。 1. some seven righteous menの some は日本語としては訳さない「幾人かの」として使われているのか, seven という数の少なさを強調している表現として「わずかばかりの」として使われているのか判別がつかないです。 2. they are never lackingの 理解ができないです。 「7人の高潔衆達は、決して欠かない?」と lacking をどう解釈すればいいのか分からないです。 3. in characterの 「特質として、性質として、」のように in nature と解釈して合っているのか自信がないです。 4. at the end of the ages, の解釈を難しく感じます。 at the end ofまでは理解できるのですが、 the ages の解釈に困っています。 a: ages は「時代」としてera のように使われて いると判断して合っているのか自信がないです。 b: この文脈において、ages とage の意味の違いが理解できないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

Mr. and Mrs. Robert Larson are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Elizabeth Larson, to David Sloan, on Saturday the 15th of June two thousand and eight at Decorah Lutheran Church in Decorah, lowa.

• isの主語(英文解釈)

The two main conditions which must be present in normal circumstances in order that a particular good or asset should be the object of speculation, is the existence of a perfect, or semi-perfect, market and low carrying cost. 上記英文でisの主語は3人称単数のはずですが該当すべき部分が見当たりません。解釈も含めてご指導,宜しくお願い致します。原典はN. Kaldor (1976), “Speculation and Economic Stability”, in The Economics of Futures Trading, eds. by B.A. Goss et al., Palgrave Macmillan, ch.5.です。

• 英文解釈

和訳お願いします。 Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto. There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan. First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities. Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years. Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto. I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto. I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month. My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest. I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day. As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka. My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!

• この一文は、どう解釈すればよいでしょうか?

以下の一文の内容が理解できなくて困っています。 "Two ways at the same need depending on requirements." 直前の文章では、言語が異なる2種類のプログラミング方法を紹介していて、その最後の1文です。 A)「要件によっては、同じニーズに2つの方法(があります)。」  →needを名詞(必要性)と解釈した場合。   でも、前の文章と内容的につながらない感じがします。 B)「2つの方法は、要件に応じて使用する必要があります。」  →needを動詞(必要がある)と解釈した場合。   この場合"at the same"の意味がわかりません。 私が考えついたのは上記の2つなのですが、どちらもおかしい気がしています。どなたか教えていただけませんか。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について質問 12/12

What's your view on the music scene at present? Is there a crisis? 現在の音楽シーンをどうみていますか? 危機感を感じますか? Depends on what we are talking about. If we are talking about music itself, I cannot see a crises. There is a lot of stuff around. Maybe there isn’t a specific genre, which I find especially interesting, but everything is present at the same time. There is not a certain style which reflects these days - at least for me. Probably I have to do more research to find music, which I like. The reason simply might be the signal-to-noise ratio...it is easy to produce music and it became easier to present it to the public. So everybody has access to tons of great tracks - and of course also to pieces in which you are not interested in. Anyway, the music scene is becoming more and more a parallel world or worlds in itself, where different approaches to music coexist at the same time. That means, if you are looking for a particular style that overshadows the rest for a certain period - like punk, techno etc. did -then you might be perhaps disappointed. 下から4行目にある、 the music scene is becoming more and more ~あたりからわかりません。 worlds in itselfですが、itselfとは音楽のことですよね。音楽の中に世界がたくさんある(複数形)つまり、いろいろなジャンルが多くあるということでしょうか? そしてthat means, if you are ~ですが、 「つまりこういうことさ。もし、君が特定のスタイル??????このへんのかたまりがよくわかりません。例えばパンクやテクノやそのた諸々・・・。それだったら君はがっかりするだろうね。」と最後はつながっていくと思うのですが、どうもよくわかりません。それに did - thenのdidは何を意味しているのでしょうか? それにがっかりするだろうねと言っていますが、なぜがっかりするのだろうか・・・。ここでまたしても「この人は一体何が言いたいのか?」の壁です。

• 英文和訳

前置詞の論文を読んでいて、今atに関するところです。 (19) the cafe is at the highway. (20) the cafe is on the highway. という例文があり、次から解説があります。 その解説文が上手く訳せないので誰か教えてください>< at first sight,(19) appears to constitute a counterexample to the claim that "at" involvese the constual of the two elements involved in the relationship as geometric points, since this seems incompatible with the fact that a highway is a long, straight object, more natually conceptualised as a line in geometric terms. in fact, the typical context of use for (19) is when i am moving along a path (for example, driving a car) and i say that the cafe is located at the place where my oath intersects with the highway at the same point ahead- a location that is quite naturally conceptualised as a point. Similary, there is an implicit notion of path in each of the following. お願いします><