• ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください!

"Particularly important was a general, if somewhat vague, worldview devloped by Huanghe thinkers and accepted as a standard approach in later Chinese thinking." general if somewhat vague standard approach の意味がわからないのと、 ".... a general, if somewhat vague, ...." この区切り方もよくわかりません。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「特に重要なのは、H思想家達によって作られた、多少曖昧なきらいはあっても一般的な世界観が、それ以降の中国に置ける標準的な解決法として受け入れられることになったということだ。」 general 「一般的」「万事に適用される」といったプラスの意味、これに対して vague の方は「曖昧な」とか「はっきりしない」というマイナスの意味があります、それで if somewhat vague 「多少はっきりしない面もあるけれども」で少しはマイナスの面もあるが、総計ではプラスになるということでしょう。区切りはこのマイナス部分の前後にカンマを打って、挿入の範囲を明らかにしたものです。 standard approach は、中国が同様な事態に直面すると、この時以降「いつもとる対応策」(詳細はここでの限られた情報では分かりませんが)とか「標準的解決法」と言う意味だと思います。  

関連するQ&A

• Lateral Thinking (3)

『Lateral Thinking (2)』 の続きになります。 The story shows the difference between vertical thinking and lateral thinking. Vertical thinkers are concerned with the fact that the girl has to take a pebble. Lateral thinkers become concerned with the pebble that is left behind. Vertical thinkers take the most reasonable view of a situation and then proceed logically and carefully to work it out. Lateral thinkers tend to explore all the different ways of looking at something, rather than accepting the most promising and proceeding from that. The girl in the pebble story put her hand into the money bag and drew out a pebble. Without looking at it she fumbled and let it fall to the path where it was immediately lost among all the others. "Oh, how clumsy of me," she said, "but never mind--if you look into the bag you will be able to tell which pebble I took by the colour of the one that is left." itとthatが指すものを教えてください。 1)Vertical thinkers take the most reasonable view of a situation and then proceed logically and carefully to work it out. itはthe most reasonable view of a situationですか? 2)Lateral thinkers tend to explore all the different ways of looking at something, rather than accepting the most promising and proceeding from that. thatはsomethingですか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳して頂けませんか

The Chinese were polite enough, if less so at the Copenhagen climate talks a month later, but they’re not buying this touchy-feely interconnection thing. 「buying」の意味が分かりません。どなたか教えて頂けませんか。

• 英文の構造と邦訳

‘if you think about the position of exchanges, it’s somewhat ironic that something that is the centre of a capitalist environment, it was really a monopoly’. 上記英文の構文解釈と御訳しをお願いします。

• 仮定法過去完了の意味の取り方が分かりません

If I had been three minutes later, I should have missed the train. 上記は仮定法過去完了で、意味は 「もし、3分遅かったら汽車に乗れなかっただろう」というのは理解出来ますが、 「たとえ、3分早かったとしても、汽車には乗れなかっただろう」ということを表わしたい場合、 If I had been three minutes earlier, I should have missed the train. という英文でいいのでしょうか? 次の英文があります。 It was somehow all the worse because it was hot, with everybody running around on beaches, having a great time. If I had been a complete down-and-out underneath Waterloo Bridge, I somehow wouldn't have minded if it was cold---but I love the cold, and I love Christmas. I'm a terribly Christmas person. 上記の If I had been a complete down-and-out underneath Waterloo Bridge, I somehow wouldn't have minded if it was coldの部分ですが、 私流にフツーに訳すと「ワーテルロー橋の下ですっかり落ちぶれていたなら、寒いかどうかなど気にしなかっただろう」となり今一意味が不明です。 参考書の訳では「もし私がすっかり落ちぶれてワーテルロー橋の下にいて、そして寒かったとしても、私は気にしないだろう」となっています。で、よく意味が通ります。 ifが「たとえ~としても」と訳されています。 ifは「もし~なら」「たとえ~でも」両用の意味がありますが、それは英文を読んで意味を汲み取って判断するのでしょうか?英文に堪能であれば、読んだだけで直ぐに自動的に判断できるようになるのでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• howの意味の取り方

前置詞の目的語のhowで、「どのように」やとすると不自然なhowは どのように訳せば良いでしょうか? 例えば、 1.He used to always brag about how his ancestors were Puritans. 2.My mother would freak out if she knew I was going up there with you and I'd get the standard lecture about how she never did that kind of stuff when she was a kid. などです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

中学一年生のある朝、登校の途中で、猫が朝日を浴びてのんびり眠っているのを見て、うらやましいなあと、思わずにはいられなかった。 あいつ、一体何を考えているんだろう。そう感じた瞬間、妙なことを思いついた。考えることをやめてみよう。ちょっと足を止めて、早速、目をつむって試みた。しかし、すぐにあきらめた。「考えることをやめてみよう」と考えることを、やめることができなかったからである。 One morning in my first year of middle school, I was walking down the road to school , when I saw a cat basking in the morning sunshine, dozing lazily. At this sight I couldn't help but feel envy for him. What the heck was he thinking, I wondered. Then suddenly a queer idea popped into my head: what if I ceased to think? I stopped walking right away, closed my eyes and tried to stop thinking. A moment later, however, I gave it up; I found it impossible to stop thinking about "trying to stop thinking." 以上、よろしくお願いします。

• USPSの追跡

USPSのfirst class international airmailで商品を発送して頂いき、追跡の番号を入力しても Label/Receipt Number: LC○○○□△US Status: Acceptance Your item was accepted at 4:49 PM on February 4, 2008 in GETZVILLE, NY 14068. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. ずっとこのままです。 これ以上追跡はできませんか?かなり日数も経っているのですが、これから商品が届く可能性はありますか?

• プログラミングについて勉強してます。このコード意味

AppleIDが更新されましたという詐欺メッセージが届いたのですがそ下にコード書かれてました。どの言語でどんな意味か教えてください font-family: 'SF Pro Text', 'SF Pro Icons', 'Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica', 'Arial', sans-serif !important; font-size: 17px; line-height: 25px; font-weight: normal; color: #333 !important; background-color: #ffffff !important; margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !important; width: 100%/* !important */ ; /* was 685px */ ; } /* same width as body, because Rover adds this div */ body /*, .main*/ {} .main { width: 685px; } #apple-logo-left-margin { width: 538px !important; } #logo-row-box { width: 100% !important; /* text-align:right; */ padding-bottom: 20px !important; } div[dir="rtl"] #logo-row-box { /* text-align:left !important; */ } h1 { font-size: 32px; line-height: 36px; padding-bottom: 10px; border: 0 !important; color: 333 !important; } b { font-weight: 500 !important; } p { margin-top: 0 !important; word-wrap: break-word; color: #333; font-weight: normal; } td.h1-header { padding: 0px 0px 0px !important; } td.signature { padding-right: 0 !important; padding-left: 0 !important; } td.no-padding-bottom { padding-bottom: 0 !important; } #signature { padding-top: 18px !important; /* was 41px */ padding-bottom: 50px !important; } em a { color: #333 !important; } a { color: #0070c9; text-decoration: none; } a:hover, a:focus { text-decoration: underline !important; } span.unlink a, em a, b a, td.unlink a { color: #333 !important; cursor: text; pointer-events: none; padding-top: 0 !important; margin-top: 0 !important; } #main { margin-top: 40px; padding-right: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-bottom: 30px; } footer, footer p, footer span.unlink a, footer td.paragraph { font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; font-family: "SF Pro Text", "SF Pro Icons", "Helvetica Neue", "Helvetica", "Arial", sans-serif; color: #888 !important; } .center-text, footer nav, footer a:hover { text-decoration: underline; } .no-margin-bottom { margin-bottom: 0 !important; } td.spacer-36 { padding-bottom: 36px; } html[dir=rtl] #apple-logo { left: 0; right: 538px; } p#copyright { margin-bottom: 0; } .display-block { display: block; } .nowrap { white-space: nowrap; } #apple-logo-margin-bottom { height: 44px !important; } #left-align-on-reply { /* moved from body */ margin: 0px auto 50px; padding: 0; width: 685px; } #apple-logo-cell { width: 100%; padding-top: 40px; padding-bottom: 44px; } #apple-logo-in-cell { height: 28px !important; width: 24px !important; } #apple-logo-in-row-box-mobile { display: none; height: 20px !important; width: 17px !important; } /* If the email client is reading the style element: */ /* - then we don't need spacer divs */ div.paragraph-spacer { display: none; height: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 0px !important; } /* - and margin-top already is in effect on #main */ #apple-logo-margin-top { height: 0px !important; } #logo-row-box { padding-top: 0 !important; } div[dir="rtl"] #logo-row-box { /* text-align:left !important; */ }

• 日本語にしてください。

日本語にしてください。 よろしくお願いします。 In today's class, I learned everyone had his or her opinions. I thought each one was right and it was very important to exchange our own opinions through discussion. Different opinions helped me to find a new way of thinking.

• Lateral Thinking (2)

『Lateral Thinking (1) 』の続きになります。 What type of thinking would you use to solve the problem? You may believe that careful logical analysis must solve the problem if there is a solution. This type of thinking is straightforward vertical thinking. The other type of thinking is lateral thinking. Vertical thinkers are not usually of much help to a girl in this situation. The way they analyse it, there are three possibilities: 1. The girl should refuse to take pebble. 2. The girl should show that there are two black pebbles in the bag and expose the money-lender as a cheat. 3. The girl should take a black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from prison. None of the suggestions is very helpful, for if the girl does not take a pebble her father goes to prison, and if she does take a pebble, then she has to marry the money-lender. straightforward vertical thinkingの箇所なのですが、 vertical でそもそも”垂直の”という意味だと思うのですが、それにstraightforward(まっすぐな)という形容詞をつけている理由がよくわかりません。 ここのstraightforwardは何か別の意味なのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。