• 締切済み

英語が得意な人お願いします!!!

私は英語が苦手で、すごく困っています。もしよろしかったら英語が得意な人がいらっしゃったら英文を訳していただけないでしょうか? On September 26, 1960, Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy went on television and radio to discuss the issues of the presidential campaign. Nixon, who had recently gotten out of the hospital, looked sick, and he sweated under the hot lights of the television studio. Kennedy was young, tanned, and handsome. Afterwards, reseachers asked who had won the debate. Radio listeners said Nixon. Television viewers said Kennedty. Bruce DuMont,presidet of the Museum of Broadcast Communicaions, says,‘On that date, politics and television changed forever. After that debate, it wasn't just what you said in a campaign that was important, but how you looked when you said it.' Since 1960,the television debtes have happened every year. In 1992, George Bush,Sr., debareed against Bill Clinton. Bush hated the debates. Several times, while Clinton was talking, Bush looked at his watch. He didn't think anyone would see him, but the cameras caught him. It looked bad. And it looked worse when Al Gore, Clinton's Vice President, kept using the phrase ‘It's time for them [the Republican government] to go.' In reallywas time to go. He lost the election. Politicians Know the fastest way to reach the public is through television, so they spend millions on TV commercials. In some cases, the commercials criticize the opponent. When actor Ronald Reagan was trying to become governor of California, his opponent made a commercial staring Gene Kelly, another actor. In the commercial, Kelly said, ‘In movies, I played a gambler, a baseball player, and I could play a governor, but you wouldn't really want an actor to be a governor, would you?' The media uses politicians to get stories, and the politicians use the media to get publicity. And the political parties control everything. Evry time we see a politicians use the media to get publicity. And the political parties control everything. Every time we see a politician kissing a baby or visiting a factory, the party has organized it and invited the media. But how important is the media war? In 2004, John Kerry won the debates with George W. Bush. Kerry was relaxed, confident, and clear, while Bush looked nervous. But we all know won election.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• Nannette
  • ベストアンサー率26% (1499/5698)
回答No.2

No.1です。お礼の言葉についてひとこと補足します。 まず申し上げたいことは、「英語をマスターしている人に訳してもらって参考にしようと思っただけで・・・」とお書きですが、この英語のカテは、英語を学ぶ方々が、その段階で突き当たった疑問について質問し、知識のある方が答えるという形式のカテであり、英語が苦手だから、全文を訳してくれ・・・といった単なる翻訳サービスのコーナーではないということです。 翻訳のみを求める質問はマナー違反ですし、ましてや、今回の質問内容のように、課題内容が記事など公的なものからの転載である場合は著作権の侵害にもなります。 もし、どうしても訳せないということでしたら、翻訳のフリーソフトがたくさんありますので、そうしたものでも活用なさってはいかがでしょう。 http://www.dio.ne.jp/user/bestsites/translate.html

参考URL:
http://www.dio.ne.jp/user/bestsites/translate.html
  • Nannette
  • ベストアンサー率26% (1499/5698)
回答No.1

私も英語が得意というわけではありません。ですから、大忙しで辞書を引き引き、勉強のつもりで訳しました。多少はおかしな点もあろうかと思いますが、とりいそぎ。 ただ、こうした長文をそのまま質問にして丸投げしてしまうご質問者様の無責任な姿勢は感心できません。せめてご自分で行けるところまで訳してみて、その上でどうしても分からないところを質問するなど、今後はそうした心遣いを持っていてください。 On September 26, 1960, Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy went on television and radio to discuss the issues of the presidential campaign. Nixon, who had recently gotten out of the hospital, looked sick, and he sweated under the hot lights of the television studio. Kennedy was young, tanned, and handsome. 1960年9月26日に、リチャード・ニクソンとジョン・F・ケネディは、テレビとラジオを通じて大統領予備選挙のキャンペーンの一環としての公開討論を行った。 つい最近退院したばかりだったニクソンは気分が悪そうに見えて、テレビスタジオの熱いライトの下で汗ばんでいた。一方、ケネディは日焼けしていて若々しく、ハンサムでもあった。 Afterwards, reseachers asked who had won the debate. Radio listeners said Nixon. Television viewers said Kennedty. その後、調査員たちは、どちらが討論に勝ったかを調査した。 ラジオの聴取者はニクソンだと言い、 テレビの視聴者はケネディだと言った。 Bruce DuMont, pesidet of the Museum of Broadcast Communicaions, says,‘On that date, politics and television changed forever. After that debate, it wasn't just what you said in a campaign that was important, but how you looked 放送通信博物館館長のブルース・デュモンは、その日以降、政治もテレビも永久に様変わりしてしまったと語った。 そうした公開討論の後では、彼らがキャンペーンの中で語った、その内容そのものが大切なのではなくて、むしろ大衆の目にどのように映ったかが大切なのだと。 when you said it.' Since 1960,the television debates have happened every year. In 1992, George Bush,Sr., debareed against Bill Clinton. Bush hated the debates. Several times, while Clinton was talking, Bush looked at his watch. He didn't think anyone would see him, but the cameras caught him. 1960年以来、テレビによる公開討論は毎年行われてきているが、1992年には、父親のジョージ・ブッシュがビル・クリントンに対して嫌がらせをしたことがあった。ブッシュはもともと公開討論が好きではなかった。クリントンが話している間、数回にもわたって、ブッシュはわざと彼の腕時計をのぞきこんだのである。別段誰かに会う予定など覚えてはいなかったはずにももかかわらずである、そしてテレビカメラはそうした彼の態度をしっかり捉えてしまったのだった。 It looked bad. And it looked worse when Al Gore, Clinton's Vice President, kept using the phrase ‘It's time for them [the Republican government] to go.' それは実にみっともない光景であった。しかも、さらに悪いことに、クリントン政権の副大統領であったアル・ゴアが、彼ら[共和党政権]はどうやらお出かけの時刻になっていたようだと、さかんに皮肉っていたものであった。 In really was Time to go. He lost the election. Politicians Know the fastest way to reach the public is through television, so they spend millions on TV commercials. いや、まさに彼にとってはお出かけの時刻であったのだろう、彼は結局選挙に敗れた。それ以来、政治家の間では、テレビを利用することが一般大衆に認められる最も速い方法だと考えられるようになり、彼らはそのために数百万ドルという高額を投じてテレビの自主PR番組を組むようになった。 In some cases, the commercials criticize the opponent. When actor Ronald Reagan was trying to become governor of California, his opponent made a commercial staring Gene Kelly, another actor. In the commercial, Kelly said, ‘In movies, I played a gambler, a baseball player, and I could play a governor, but you wouldn't really want an actor to be a governor, would you?' 場合によっては、そうした番組の中ではあからさまに相手候補をこき下ろすこともある。映画俳優だったロナルド・レーガンが、カリフォルニア州の州知事として立とうとしていた時、彼の相手方候補はかの有名な俳優ジーン・ケリーを担ぎ出して自主番組を作ったものだった。 その番組の中でケリーは「映画の世界じゃ、私は賭博師や野球選手を演じたし、州知事だって演じることができたけれど、まさか、君は映画俳優が州知事になることを望んでいるわけじゃないんだろう、どうかね」とまで言っているのである。 The media uses politicians to get stories, and the politicians use the media to get publicity. And the political parties control everything. Every time we see a politicians use the media to get publicity. And the political parties control everything. Every time we see a politician kissing a baby or visiting a factory, the party has organized it and invited the media. メディアは話題を得るために政治家を使い、政治家は知名度や評判を高めるためにメディアを使う。そして、政党はそうしたすべてを上手に利用しているものである。だから、私達が政治家に会う時はいつも、彼らが評判を得やすいメディアを使うことになるし、そして、そんなことは政党の側も先刻ご承知というわけである。 政治家が赤ん坊にキスするとか工場を訪問するのを私たちはよく目にするが、そうしたこともすべて党が仕切ったものであり、メディアを招いてわざわざ見せているものなのである。 But how important is the media war? In 2004, John Kerry won the debates with George W. Bush. Kerry was relaxed, confident, and clear, while Bush looked nervous. But we all know won election. しかし、こうしたメディア合戦が、はたしてどれほど大切なことなのであろう、2004年に、ジョン・ケリー上院議員はジョージ・W・ブッシュとの公開討論の場であきらかな勝利を得た。 ケリーは終始落ち着いていて、自信に満ち明晰そうでもあったが、一方、ブッシュはいかにも神経質であるように見えた。 しかし、勝利の行方は私達の誰もが知っている通りである。

gyuo2
質問者

補足

私はできるだけ自分でやってみたんですがなかなかうまく訳すことができずに、英語をマスターしている人に訳してもらって参考にしようと思っただけで、別に丸投げしたわけでもなく、英文を和訳したいときには誰でもスムーズに訳してあるほうがいいと思ったからです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 長文の和訳を教えてください。

the nixon shocks the presidency of richard nixon can be used as a convenient starting point to mark a difficult period of adjustment to the increased power of japan. nixon's 1968 presidential election campaign had depended on strong support from the textile-producing southern states. in order to get those votes he promised to take a hard stand in favor of protectionist barriers against japanese textile imports--a promise carried out after his election. acrimonious negotiatiations between japan and the nixon administration continued for over two years and created negative feelings on both sides of the pacific. the nixon administration was also responsible for the return of okinawa and the nixon doctrine (which reduced the number of u.s. troops in asia). these two policies were in many ways beneficial to japanese,but together created doubt in the minds of many jpanese as to america's commitment to the security of japan. these doubts were increased in the summer of 1971 by the nixon shocks.

• この英語を訳していただきたいです

(1)Victorian, by the sea. Where we are is private, but you can get into town. (2)I like that you can modernize the inside but let the bones remain. I think the Victorians got in right in the generosity of the rooms and the windows. (3)It was very stimulating, really, because he was shooting with a handheld camera over his shoulder, so he would talk to you and then go back in. Everything that Jamie and I went though, Sean was right there behind us, even for the battle at the end of the movie in the crypt. There was a sense that we were all in it together. (4)He wrote the movie, directed it, shot it, and was all over everything from costume to hair to makeup. You feel safe as an actor. And, as an actor, if you can’t feel safe, you can’t make a fool of yourself. (5)I’d been there once before in my foolish, misspent youth and drank a lot of beer. But when you’re working on a film as immersive as this, you kind of have to cancel reality.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 英語の文章を和訳して下さい。

Due to the unexpected success British command reconsidered their plan and General Sir John Nixon was sent in April 1915 to take command. He ordered Charles Vere Ferrers Townshend to advance to Kut or even to Baghdad if possible. Townshend and his small army advanced up the Tigris river. They defeated several Ottoman forces sent to halt him. Logistically, his advance was very difficult to sustain, but it was sustained. In late September 1915, amidst the recent defeat of Serbia and entry of Bulgaria into the war and concerns about German attempts to incite jihad in Persia and Afghanistan, Grey (Foreign Secretary) and other politicians encouraged a further 100-mile push to Baghdad. The CIGS Murray thought this logistically unwise, but Kitchener advised the Dardanelles Committee (21 October) that Baghdad be seized for the sake of prestige then abandoned.

• 英語が得意な人、教えてください。

次の下線部の語の品詞を選択肢から選びなさい。 Two businessmen were invited to dinner at the home of a college professor. One of the men did not have much education and was worried (1)that he might make a fool of himself, (2)but his friend said, “Don’t worry. Just do (3)what I do, and don’t talk about anything (4)that you don’t really understand.” The first man managed to get through the dinner successfully, but by the end of the evening he had had a lot to drink, and began to get careless. A guest asked him (5)whether he liked Shakespeare, and he answered confidently, “It’s very pleasant, but I prefer scotch.” There was an uncomfortable silence in the room, and soon people began to leave. (6)When the two friends were out of the house, the second man said to his friend, “You certainly made a fool of yourself making (7)that silly remark about scotch.” “(8)What do you mean?” asked the other man. “(9)What was wrong with it?” “Everybody knows (10)that Shakespeare isn’t a drink,” his friend replied. “It’s a kind of cheese.” (1)that    1名詞的従属接続詞 2副詞的従属接続詞 3指示代名詞 4副詞 問27 (2)but     1等位接続詞 2名詞的従属接続詞 3副詞的従属接続詞 4前置詞 問28 (3)what     1疑問代名詞 2疑問副詞 3関係代名詞 4関係形容詞 問29 (4)that     1名詞的従属接続詞 2副詞的従属接続詞 3関係代名詞 4副詞 問30 (5)whether     1名詞的従属接続詞 2副詞的従属接続詞 3指示代名詞 4副詞 問31 (6)When     1名詞 2副詞的従属接続詞 3関係副詞 4疑問副詞 問32 (7)that     1名詞的従属接続詞 2副詞的従属接続詞 3指示代名詞 4副詞 問33 (8)What     1疑問代名詞 2疑問副詞 3関係代名詞 4関係形容詞 問34 (9)What     1疑問代名詞 2疑問副詞 3関係代名詞 4関係形容詞 問35 (10)that     1名詞的従属接続詞 2副詞的従属接続詞 3指示代名詞 4副詞

• 英語が正しいかどうか教えてください。

次の英語の文法や意味の分からないという文があれば、教えてください。 Now, many people watching television and movie in my country. And many people watch television every day. I also watch television every day. My school teacher said “it is important that to watch television and interested in society. But we have problem television can give children bad influence. I will state television and movie give us dream and study. every dayは、everyとdayの間にスペースは空けるのでしょうか? あけるときとあけない時の、区別を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語得意な方、和訳お願いします

Nikos Onassis gasped when he opened his newspaper, the Perth Times. "LUXURY CRUISE TURNS DISASTER!" screamed the headline. Underneath was the following article by journalist Helena Hack. "Passengers returned to Australia yesterday shaken but safe after a ten-day Christmas cruise which turned into a disaster. The staff on board Voyager 1,owned by Nikos Onassis, couldn’t even speak English. The food was terrible. It was supposed to be a large luxury cruise ship but turned out to be too small for the stormy weather. Passengers were sick for most of the trip. Mrs Elsie Moaner told us some were terrified. Mr Gordon Grouch added: I’ll certainly never take trip on this boat again. ‘Mrs Sally Chang became so ill she left the ship in Singapore and flew directly balk to Perth.” Onassis was furious. Despite bad weather most passengers seemed to have enjoyed themselves. Yet Hack had suggested his ship was dangerous and the holiday a disaster. He decided to sue Perth Times for defamation. As a witness for the plaintiff, Mr Grouch said he had told Mr Hack:I have no plans for another cruise soon because I tend to get seasick." Mrs Chang said she had to leave the cruise after falling and hurting her foot, but the staff were very helpful despite their broken English. On the defendant’s side Mrs Moaner told the court that the Christmas dinner had been terrible. She thought some passengers looked frightened and she felt the ship was much too small to be safe. Ms Hack defended her article: “In a free country the public has a right to the truth. I made a simplified but honest report of what passengers told me.” The question was * had Ms Hack simplified too much?

• 英語 長文の和訳を教えてください。

the second shock was an economic shock and the direct result of a combination of american economic problem: a growing trade imbalance with japan and a dollar that had become too highly valued in the rest of the world. a package of economic policies was announced by president nixon in august that led to an immediate 10% reduction in the value of the dollar (which meant that japanese goods would be more expensive in the u.s) and a temporary 10% tax on imports. the shift in the japanese-american relationship was not only caused by the increased power of japan; america's dominant position in the world was also undergoing serious changes. the watergate scandals and the loss of the war in vietnam combined to cause the american people to lose faith in themselves and to question america's role as the leader of the western bloc. the oil crisis of 1973 added to this malaise by decreasing america's economic ability to support its overseas defense commitments. many congressmen questioned why the u.s was spending money to defend japan when it was increasingly obvious that increased japanese economic strength was one cause for the economic recession in the u.s. 長いですがよろしくお願いします!

• 英語が得意な方へ

アメリカの質問掲示板で質問した際の、返事がよく理解できませんでした。どなたか、分かりやすく訳、または要約をしてくれませんか? 質問 I'm Japanese student studying English This time, I want to ask about subjunctive mood.If you had behaved such a way in the party, my parents would have said that ( ). In ( ), I want to insert ' I had to go home.' , but is it okay to insert this sentence? 'If I had behaved such a way in the party, my parents would have said that I had to go home.' Is this sentence correct? I can't understand the tense, therefore please tell me about how to change the tense. I'm japanese student studying English, so I couldn't write sentences well. 答え You are quite correct. The subjunctive mood is used to describe hypothetical cases, regardless of the facts of the matter. They set the scene, so to speak, and what would happen as a consequence should be delivered in the appropriate tense (which has nothing to do with mood). Thus: "They would have said I had to go home." "They would have said you were acting foolishly." "They would have said 'You are a fool,' and turned away from you." In the last example, the quote would have been delivered in the present of the hypothetical time, and should be rendered that way.

• 訳を手伝ってください!!

As far as GW Bush, no I was not on his side at all! I didn't vote for him, and I do not agree with the war in Iraq. I also watched the Bush/Kerry compaign, but many people said the only reason Bush won was that the democrats had such a weak candidate. Now, the Republicans are the majority in most of the government offices. たびたび質問させてもらってる者です。 これはアメリカ人からのメール返事なんですけど前の手紙で私がブッシュを支持しましたか?と質問したらこんな返事が返ってきました。 解らないところを詳しくかくと but many people said the only reason Bush won was that the democrats had such a weak candidate. Now, the Republicans are the majority in most of the government offices. の文で辞書をひいて単語調べてはみたのですが、私ではわけのわからない文章になってしまいます。すみません、だれか教えて下さい!!