• ベストアンサー

★海外メル友★ 失礼なメールを送ってしまいました。

こんにちは 2カ月程前にあるサイトを通し、欧州人男性(A氏)とメル友になりました。 最初メル友は4人いたのですが、一人減り、二人減り、1カ月も経った頃にはA氏だけが残りました。先に消えていったメル友たちはメールの返信が1週間以上開くのに対し、A氏は2,3日以内には必ず返信をくださり、今後もずっとこの調子でやっていければいいな、と思っていた矢先、A氏からのメールがぴたりと止まってしまいました。 一つ思い当たる事があります。 A氏の職業は教師でして、彼の国では9月から新学期が始まるのだそうです。連絡が途絶える最後のメールでA氏は「今日新しい生徒達に会った。僕は彼らにすごく厳しく接したんだ。きっと彼らは僕を怖い教師だと思うだろうね」とありました。 実はA氏のメールはところどころ文字化けをしていて、私には上記の内容に読めました。 以下は私の返信です。 Actually, your previous mail had some broken character parts in it, so I may have not understood you correctly. Did you put on an act looking yourself such strict in front of your new students? When I read your mail saying “Your students will find that you are a cool teacher.”, I got a bit concerned about the relationships between you and the students. Of course I believe that teachers should always be respected, but if you are totally not easygoing for the student to talk to, they will probably politely stay away from you. Please don’t misunderstand me! I have no intention to complain against your ways as a professional teacher. 私はてっきり私の解釈が間違っていたら、A氏から訂正のメールがくるものだとばかり思っていました。しかし、もう10日程経ちますが、音沙汰がありません。 もちろんその理由が上記の私のメールのせいだとは100%言いきれませんが、何となくそんな気がしてなりません。 また3日前にA氏の心を知りたいと思い、Facebookに友達登録を依頼したところ、未だ承認されていません。(否認もされていない) 私の希望としてはまたA氏とメール交換をやっていきたいです。それが無理ならせめて、私には悪意は全くなかった事だけはわかっていただきたいのですが。もう一週間くらい待ってもう一度だけメールを出してみようと思っていますが、どんな風に伝えるべきでしょうか。 宜しくお願いいたします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

貴方のメールを拝見させていただいて、少し気になった箇所がありました。 Actually, your previous mail had some broken character parts in it, so I may have not understood you correctly. この部分は、素直に受け取ると、読み手は”何?今までのメールの遣り取りからすると、私にはある種の欠陥があると貴方は見受けたの?”になり、日本語を読まない限り、文字化けと解釈はできませんでしたけど・・・ もし誤解がこのメールでしょうじたのであれば、この箇所になるかもしれません。

tubakioil
質問者

お礼

fruchanさま!! お答えどうもありがとうございました。 うわ~fruchanさまのおっしゃるとおりです。 別の視点から見るとまさにその通りに受け取れます。 ど、どうしよう。。。 私は previous・・・前回 broken・・・壊れた character・・・文字 というつもりで書いたのです。 あわわわわ・・・!!どうしよう~ってもう、大至急お詫びと訂正のメールを出します。しかしメールって怖いですね。 今後は何か「?」と思ったら相手の真意をきちんと確認するのが大事とつくづく思いました。 ありがとうございました。

tubakioil
質問者

補足

結果報告です。 例の文字化けの文章について説明するメールを昨夜送ったところ、即日A氏からお返事をいただきました。 はっきり記述されていませんでしたが、やっぱり皆様のご指摘どおりに解釈されていたようです。また、他にも理解できない個所があるとの事でしたので、一つずつ不明点を指摘してもらって、解説しようと思います。 幸い、怒っている感じは全くありませんでした。 本当にありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• Gletscher
  • ベストアンサー率23% (1525/6504)
回答No.2

その方は英語圏の人ではないですね。 たとえばドイツには、ウムラウトとかエスツェットとか、特殊な文字があります。 それらを電子メールに使うと他の国では文字化けして見えます。 No1の方が言われるところも気になります。 some characters on your e-mail are garbled. がいいかな?

tubakioil
質問者

お礼

Gletscherさま ご回答どうもありがとうございました。 お察しのとおりA氏は英語圏の方ではありません。 私は多少英語の知識はありますが、海外に長期滞在した事も外国人のリアル友達もいないので、どんなニュアンスなのか想像できません。 例の、 Actually, your previous mail had some broken character parts in it, so I may have not understood you correctly. からは「文字化け」の発想は全く出てこないと解釈しても宜しいのでしょうか。 実はもう一つ気になっているのですが、文字化け云々の後の内容もまるでその方の教師としてのやり方にイチャモンをつけているかのように捉えられてしまったのかもと、それも心配しています。

関連するQ&A

• 英文メールを日本語訳にして欲しいのですが。

以下の内容を日本語にして頂けますでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。 yes I have recieve your payment so today I will apply for paper work with the address that you have send to me once the document are ready I mail you a copy and set for shippment I hope you understand me now? by the way how long will it takes you to obtain your import permit from your authority ?

• 海外通販で何かを連絡しなくてはならないのですが。

初めて利用したサイトでこのようなメールが来て困っています。必要な情報は入力しており、何かを連絡しないといけないようなのですが・・・We have received your first order at xxxxx.com. To begin supplying you, as part of your first order we are obligated to ensure you are authorised to use the credit card submitted. We have a fast and simple process to make this possible. We will process a random amount against the card, once you are able to confirm the amount we have charged to the card, we are happy to process the order. The amount debited will be deducted from the value of your order. You should be able to see this amount charged to your card with-in 24 hours using internet banking, otherwise simply call your bank. Reply to this email with the amount we have charged to your card. We apologise for any inconvenience however this has been put in place to protect both our customers and our business from credit card fraud. You have 7 days to verify this amount before your order is cancelled. However, if you are having trouble finding the amount just email us and we will put a note on your order not to cancel. どなかか分かる方いらっしゃいませんか?宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳お願いします(留学書類)

文章の途中までしか載せてませんが、こちら側で訳せたためです。 よろしくお願いします。 Please note that we will not have linen(blankets,pillow,sheet..)available when students move in. Students will have the choice of going shopping when they arrive(we will have a van that takes students shopping) or purchase them sent(so they are ready for you). To Purchase Linen now... Use these steps to purchase linen and assure that your linen is sent to the residence hall and waiting for you when you arrive:

• 英語が解らないのに外人の友人とメールをしています。

英語が解らないのに外人の友人とメールをしています。 10歳も年下に馬鹿にされたと思ったのですが私の解釈違いの様な気がします。 英語堪能な方、お願いいたします。 以下流れ 彼女;I'm having the politics class.I just fall asleep in class. 私;What?fall asleep?doze off?splest on?sleep like a top? You have a sence of humor! 彼女;I hope you will padon me!haha!do you have supper? 私;I have not get supper yet.I go easy with the food. 彼女;what a poor man! I'm going to have the english class. My stomach is not feel very well.So that my appetite is not so good. please take good care of youself.I think the God wiil bless you all the time. What are you busying on? 私;Are you angry?I'm not good english. 彼女;No,I meant that you should have dinner on time or you will have a bad stomach like me. 私;Good night. Sweet dreams. 彼女;We are friend ,so i will never be angry with you.clear? My friend Ken?I think your are tired today. good night.good dream. Kenは私の名前です。彼女は英語圏の人ではありません。 返信するのに20分位掛かります。 poor man で馬鹿にされて、「私は貴方より英語が解るのよ。 なんでそんなに時間が掛かるの。忙しいの」と思ったのですが 違う気がします。 彼女のプライバシーの内容を掲示板に書き込む事はどうかと、お叱りを受ける事が有ると思いますが 正しい和訳を教えて下さい。お願いいたします。

• 海外通販、英文メール翻訳して下さい。

注文した際、カードの有効期限を間違えてしまい、訂正のメールをショップ宛に送りました。 下記ショップからの返信です。 大まかにしか分からず不安です。 どなたか英語に長けた方の翻訳をお願い致します。 Having located your account, I can see that your order has been put on hold. The reason being is that we were unable to gain authorisation of your card, which could due to the input of incorrect details. I have, therefore, re-entered your details with the correct expiry date. Your order is now being processed, and will be sent to the Warehouse. In the meantime, if we are unable to gain authorisation, we will contact you as soon as possible. If you do not hear from us, you will receive an email confirmation once your order has been despatched from our Warehouse.  

• 海外通販でのメール 

↓のようなメールが届いたのですが、自動翻訳を使ってもいまいち意味が分かりません。翻訳できる方お願いしたいです。 We just received inventory and is in the process of shipping to you. However, we find the shipping cost to ship to you via UPS or DHL as your original choice was way too high for us to cover. Here is a list of choice to ship to you: USPS Priority Mail International $56.00 USD 6-10 business days USPS Priority Mail Express International $74.87 USD 3-5 business days UPS Worldwide Expedited® $82.76 USD 4-5 business days UPS Worldwide Saver® $84.79 USD 2-3 business days DHL Express Worldwide $85.52 USD 2-4 business days As you can see, Dhl and UPS are around 90$, we won't be able to cover the difference. We can use USPS priority to ship to you if that's ok with you, we will cover the extra charges. However I do need to let you know USPS is less reliable and a lot slower than UPS and DHL. It might take more than one month for your order to arrive after it's shipped. If you do not might the wait, we will ship it out via USPS priority for you. If you would like to use UPS or DHL, we will have to charge you the difference I'm so sorry about that. Or we can cancel your order for you if shipping is not ideal. Also, we need to inform you, you will be charged custom fees for importing U.S. goods into your country.Customs and import fees are separate from the shipping cost and are paid directly to your country's customs for importing USA goods - we have nothing to do with it nor have any control over these fees. You are responsible for any local customs, fees and duties on your order. You will either be contacted by your local delivery courier or UPS via phone and/or email. Failure to pay for import customs or refusal of the order will result in the items being shipped back to us. If the order is sent back to us, then you are responsible for the original shipping expenses, as well as any additional duties, fees, customs or taxes incurred in shipping the package back to us. We are very sorry in regards of the shipping situation. We wish we have more control over it and wish we are able to help more. Please let us know what works for you. Best, Chloe

• 英語についての質問<メール>

『I think you have a good start. I suggest you concentrate on only one area of interest with XX. And a very big thing is that you should use academic journals in your research, not just things you are finding on websites. I see you have a few sources that are good, but we want to do some serious digging. I am happy to meet with you to discuss things if you'd like.』 あるテーマでペーパーを進めようとしたのですが、このトピックでいいかどうかとメールをしました。 その返信できたのが以上の英文です。 それに対して、 『Thank you for the reply. I understand.』だけでいいでしょうか? 少し文章が短すぎるなーという気がするのですが、だからといってダラダラ書くのも…と思っています。 『See you tomorrow.』 と最後に入れて送るだけでいいでしょうか? アドバイスがあれば教えて欲しいです。

• 彼からのメール

彼に I will go to see you in Dec. とメールを送りました。 すると彼から、 sure, when did you have in mind とメールの返信が返ってきました。 彼は何を言いたかったのか教えてください!

• 海外の品物を注文して・・・

海外で商品を購入して、下記の内容のメールをもらいました。 送金した、金額が不足しているという事と商品リストがわからない。 という内容は理解できたのですが、肝心な様子ニューアンスが分からないでいます。理解出来ていない部分をおしえていただけませんでしょうか…。宜しくお願い致します。m(__)m Hello, Today I receive your payment by Pay-Pall. Thank you very much, but I don’t received your order. I don’t know what is wrong. So please sent me your order by e-mail, and as soon I received it, I wil sent it to you by priority. Another problem is you have click on the buttom for shipping the are only for the Netherlands, so your shipping cost are to low. When I received your order, I go to the postoffice and the can tell me what the shipping cost for your order to Japan. I will sent you a e-mail what you have pay to low and please will you that also pay by Pay-Pall Thank you very much Have a nice weekend.

• 女性からの出合い系のメールです。訳お願いします。

Hi dearie i actually just joined the site today and i have gone through your profile to find it really fascinating and won't mind to get a reply from you,Pls i will Implore you not to reply if you are only here for flirt because am looking for something serious with a perfect match for Soulmate. kisses xoxo cynthia

専門家に質問してみよう