• ベストアンサー

英語の訳

英文が訳せません The other day I was sitting outside Old Splodge's office, waiting for him to call me in. この文です 途中まではわかるのですがwaiting以下が上手く訳せません 時間があるときでいいのでわかる方教えてください

noname#161788
noname#161788
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.1

.... 彼が私を呼び入れてくれるのを待っていた。 waiting 以降は分詞構文で and I was waiting for him to call me in と同じことですが、だらだらした文になるので、そういう時に分詞構文が使われます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をおねがいします

英文の訳でうまく訳せないところがあります。 高校2の英語です。 ぜひ訳の方お手伝いお願いします Kevin carter,for example, was a freelance photographer in South Africa, and the things that he saw around him every day eventually led him to commit suicide. よろしくおねがいします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Now let me tell you about Larry Walters, my hero.Walters is a truck driver, thirty-three years old. He is sitting in his lawn chair in his backyard, wishing he could fly. For as long as he could remember, he wanted to go up. To be able to just rise up in the air and see far away. The time, money, education, and opportunity to be a pilot were not his . Hang gliding was too dangerous, and any good place for gliding was too far away.So he spent a lot of summer afternoons sitting in his backyard in his ordinary old aluminum lawn chair.

• 英語

Although it was in the middle of winter, it was warm enough that day for students to play outside. (真冬だったが、その日は外は生徒達が外で遊べるくらい暖かかった。) 上記の英文で、'that day'が、'enough'と'for'の間に挿入される理由がわかりません。 文末等にくるのはダメなのでしょうか? 整序英作文の問題なのですが、困っています。 わかる方は教えてほしいです!

• 訳をお願いします。

They really need her to come clean with anything else she knows about Phillip . I told her Phillip is not the man he portrayed himself to be . He never was . He used his con game for his first victim and then again on Katie Calloway , the victim he was in prison for before he kidnapped me . It's always been about what's best for him . All those times he would say the angels protected him that day that he took me from hill never once did he even think that I was the one in need of protection that day . I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she splits and other things , all for her husband ? She said she hoped one day that my mom could forgive her , and I said I wouldn't hold out for that . ある本の中の一節で、三箇所抜き出しました。わからないので、訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 英語を日本語に訳してください

(1) I’ll call you as soon as possible. (2) It was impossible for me to believe what she was telling us. (3) I’ll pick some strawberries for you. (4) The boy was pulling all days. (5) The plan hasn’t stopped ringing all days. (6) Don’t lean on the fence. (7) They couldn’t dig a tunnel through the mountain. (8) The tank was filled with oil. (9) The sign was swinging in the wind. (10) He was rubbing his face with both hands. (11) Can I Pay you tomorrow? (12) Did you receive my letter? (13) Could you lend me $5 until tomorrow? (14) Can I borrow your pen? よろしくお願いします。

• この訳はだめですか?

宿題をするので私は一日中忙しかった というのを英文にすると 答えにはThe homework kept me busy all day.と書いてあったのですが The homework made me busy all day. The homework had me busy all day. の2つはできますか? 回答お願いします。

• 英語のジョークと訳教えてください!

An 'F' In Sex A seven-year-old child returned from her first day in a new class sobbing bitterly.Her mother asked her what the problem was.The little girl showed her mother a form, listing her name, address, class,sex,etc.'Mommy, look,' she cried, pointing to the form.'they gave me an 'F' in sex and I didn't even learn about it yet!' Simple Reason Concerned, a man took his Rottweiler to the veterinarian.'My dog's cross-eyed,'he said.'Is there something you can do for him?' 'Let's have a look at him,' said the vet, lifting the dog up to examine his eyes.'I'm going to have to put him down,'he finally said.'Just because he's cross-eyed?' exclaimed the alarmed pet owner. 'No,' said the vet.'Because he's heavy.' 宜しくお願いします!!

• chargeの意味

I just left my dermatologist's office after waiting an hour to see him, and I'm furious. Don't doctors realize that their patients' time is also valuable? Another doctor left me sitting in his office for two hours, and I was the second appointment of the day. When I asked the receptionist why the long wait, she told me the doctor likes to flirt with the nurses at the hospital. This same doctor charged me for a hospital visit after he popped his head into my room to say he was running late and didn't have time to see me. ここでのchargedはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語*最上級

1、並べ替え 私にとっては水曜日が1週間のうちで1番忙しい日だ Wednesday (the busiest day / for /is / of / me / the week). 私はクラスの中で1番優秀な生徒になりたい I (the class / the best / be / in / student / to / want). 旅行中に見たい1番興味深かったことは何だったか (interesting / most / saw / the / thing / you / was / what)during your trip? 2005年には1990年の2倍の観光客が日本を訪れた There were (in / in / visitors / to / 2005 / as / 1990 / many /as / twice /Japan ). 2、二つの文が同じ意味になるよう最上級  を使って英文完成 This book is more interesting than any other book I have ever read. →This book is (          ) The Sahara is large than any other desert in the world. →The Sahara is (         ) That restaurant is older than any other restaurant in town. →That restaurant is (       )

• もし良ければ訳してください。

The difference between France and Peru, regarding the culture: punctuality. When I arrived, I had to buy all my furnitures. For example, a man was suppose to come to install my curtains. He gave me an hour and I spent all day waiting for him. He didn't call me either. I lost my time and I was so angry that the day after I went to his workshop to tell him that he should have called me to tell me that he couldn't come. I told me that it was a lack of respect. He promised to come the day after at 8h. He was there 5 minutes before. 特に 最後の3文の I told me 以下を重点的にお願いします。