• ベストアンサー

英文メールを訳していただけませんか。

ドイツ人の彼からのメールです。2週間ぶりに帰ってきたメールです。 大体の意味はわかるのですが、特にいいわけ(?)の部分:130 kids keep you in action というあたりがうまく理解できません。彼は学校の先生ですので、生徒のことを言っているのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 I´m so sorry but I was sooooooooooooooo busy at school. That´s no lame excuse but 130 kids can keep you in action ... I´ve thought about you often and this is a kind "Hello" with a kiss! :-) I will stay in touch with you more often - promise! Now I´m going to sing in the choir and train my voice! So don´t worry: I still like you! Kind greetings ! And don´t be sad any more :-)

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.3

NO2です。意訳のニュアンスが少し間違っているかも。子供好きの方であれば、keep you in combatは戦い続けている=貴方は130人の子供に負けてはいない(勝ってもいないのですが・・)それ程の重みがあるといっているのかもしれません。

52nana
質問者

お礼

思わず納得してしまいました。なるほど…。以前から忙しいけど、仕事は楽しいし、子供も大好きな彼です。fruchanさんの考えて下さった意味を読んで、彼らしさを感じることができました。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

• shogun884
  • ベストアンサー率22% (4/18)
回答No.4

「130 kids can keep you in action」の”you”ですが、英語では一般論を述べる時に”you”を使うことがよくあります。 ************************************************ - 辞書からの引用 - you : ((総称用法))(一般的に)人, だれでも. ▼oneよりくだけた使い方;ふつう日本語に訳さない ************************************************ ”日本語的”に考えるなら”we”や”us”に置き換えればわかりやすいかもしれませんね。 ですので、彼は特定の人(彼自身やあなた)のことを言ってるのではないと思います。 訳しづらい文ですが、「130人の子供といれば誰だって忙しいでしょ」と言いたいのだと思います。

52nana
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 ひとつの英文を訳すにもいろいろな解釈方法があって本当に興味深いです。 どんなときにどんな訳し方をすればいいのか難しいですね。 彼からのメールは、勝手にいいように訳してしまいます…。 誤解がないように冷静に訳さないといけませんね。 ありがとうざいました。

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/in_action 130 kids can keep you in action ↓ 130 kids can keep you in combat 130人の餓鬼達は貴方を戦争に巻き込み続けることができる。 130人の餓鬼達はあなたと戦い続けることができる。 貴方が私の心の中で如何に重く忘れがたくとも、130人の餓鬼が‘なんやかんや’と言ってくることはその重みに十分に戦えることが出来る。だから二週間たっても連絡で出来なかったのよ~

• lis385t
  • ベストアンサー率51% (219/429)
回答No.1

この文書を見る限り、kinds can keep you in actionのyouは本来meですが、次に続くI've thought about youのyouが既に頭の中に浮かんでいてミスタイプしたのではないかと思います。何せ嫌われないように一生懸命ですから。

52nana
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 meならば、意味がわかるのですが、なぜ、ここにyou (私)がでてくるのかがわかりませんでした。 でも、嫌われないように一生懸命ですからっていうlis385tさんの一言に癒され、悲しかった気持ちを忘れ、すっかり許してしましました!

関連するQ&A

• この英文の解釈を教えて下さい!!

Well I won’t keep you but just want to stay in touch and say HI !!! 上の文章は、メールの最後の部分に書いてありました。 どのような解釈をすれば良いのでしょうか? ”I won't keep you" の部分が特に分かりません。 どうか教えて下さい。 ちなみに、私はこの人にメールの返事を出しても良いのでしょうか?

• この英文の意味を教えて下さいm(__)m

すみません・・・ メールをもらったのですが、ちゃんと意味があってるか不安なので意味を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願い致します。m(__)m ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have been so busy lately! I would love to keep in touch with you and apologize for taking so long to return your email. I will write you a much more detailed email very soon. I have just returned home from another music trip and am extremely tired! I will write very soon!

• 英文メールの添削をお願いします

英文メールの添削をお願いします。 上に作成した英文メール、下に書きたい内容を日本語で書いたものを 載せています。 初めて書いたので、色々とおかしい所があるかもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願い致します。 Hello, Y.J(仮名) How are you? Thanks so much for the other day. We enjoyed the occasion thoroughly. Sorry I couldn't write to you sooner. It is a wonderful memory that talking to you, cute Y.J. and funny brother. I guess my poor English is difficult to understand. Well, I appreciate your listening to what I talk patiently and telling me lots of things. You said we look younger, but to we,(もしくは but, if you ask we) your reaction and facial expressions are more innocent(pure?) and pretty than Japanese of the same age. So, I and ○○ thought you are irresistible. But,I regret that I couldn't English well. If I was better English-speaker, I would have showed you around satisfactorily and (I might 不要?) have took you more better restaurant. Also, that area is is close to the station, so it's high prices. And we didn't know that area so much. There are many restaurants with more reasonable prices and good taste in ○○ There are Interesting spots too. After all, ○○ is city of western confectionery. So, If you like sweets, let's go "sweets tour"(もしくは to going around a patisseries) the next time!! If you don't mind, in a group of girls with your sister.:-) When you come to Japan agein, please let me know. I want to show you over. Please come to play at my house. Your brother was taking pictures, so I send photos taken by us to him. If you need to photos, I would send there to you. When we go to Korea, let's have a good time with. In the meantime, take care, C.I(仮名) Y.Jへ 元気ですか? 先日は楽しい時間をありがとう。 可愛いY.Jと面白いお兄ちゃんと 話せたことはすごくいい思い出です。 不出来な英語で、分かりづらかったと思うのに、 真剣に聞いてくれて、色々話してくれてありがとう。 自分達が若く見えるって言ってたけど、 自分達からすると、Y.Jの反応とか表情の方が こっちの同年代より素直で、○○ちゃんと二人で可愛い!!って 悶えてました。 でも、もっとしっかり話すことができたら 案内もちゃんとできて、 もっといいお店とかにも連れて行ってあげられたのにと 悔しく思っています。 あの辺は、駅の近くで物価も高めなのと 自分たちもそこまで詳しい場所じゃなかったので。 もっと安くて美味しいお店や、面白い所もたくさんあるよ。 それと、○○はやっぱり洋菓子の街なので、 甘いの嫌いじゃなかったらぜひスィーツ巡りとかしよう!! よかったら妹さんも一緒に女の子みんなで:-) また日本に来ることがあったら連絡してね。案内します。 うちの家にもぜひ来てください。 お兄ちゃんが写真を撮ってたので、 こっちが撮った写真もお兄ちゃんのアドレスに送りました。 もし必要なら、Y.Jのアドレスにも送るので連絡ください。 ではでは、また韓国に行ったときはぜひ遊んでね。 C.I

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

下記の受信メールを翻訳してください。宜しくお願い致します! I was actually surprised that you sent me an e-mail in Japanese but I did read your next e-mail. And to tell you the truth I'm not very social at college, I'm more of a keep in the library and study all the time type of person. Anyways if you'd rather write in Japanese you can. it'll get translated either way so no worries ^_^ As for the winter weather here... it did snow a few times and we did have several inches at one point in time too but the town where I live snow doesn't stick around for very long, well it hasn't for the past few years. So, no we didn't have a white christmas here. Snow can be very romantic yes especially when the trees are frozen with ice and icicles hang from them and the houses. Also you should know not to worry about how long it takes you to reply. I'm not bothered by it. Besides I don't really expect an immediate reply, I mean we live like 14 hours apart and have our lives to deal with as well, so expecting a reply the next day is silly. If you're tired then sleep. You need rest, otherwise you wont be able to function properly ha ha. Anyways I've got to go and do some studying and I'll wait for your reply. :)

• この英文をチェックしていただけますか?

先日下記の質問をさせていただきました。 http://okwave.jp/qa3030598.html その際にアドバイスくださった皆様、ありがとうございました。 アドバイスいただいた文章をもとにメールを作成していたのですが、少し書き足したい部分が出てきましたので、もう一度助けていただけないかと思って質問させていただきます。 付け足したい文章は I was trying to figure out why you behaved like that and what kind of person you are... I tried to keep professional relationship which we were before. But unfortunately, it's didn't work for me. Everything was getting clear to me. More in sorrow than anger. It is hard to come back to your place. As you noticed that since then, I feel some tension or nervousness and not able to be relax during consultation. And you didn't take any responsibility with that.I came to your place in order to get PROFESSIONAL treatment, but I couldn't get it. There is no point to go. I am a client and I like treatment. So it was really disappointment. 私の言いたいことは: あなたがどうしてああいう行動をとったのか、あなたはどういう人なのかを考えた。そしてできることなら今までどおりの立場でいられたらと思った。 でも残念なことに、それは私にはできそうもない。今となってはすべてがクリアになった。怒りというより、本当にこうなったのが残念で仕方がない。 あなたのところに治療に通うのは私には難しい。あなたもわかっていたように、あれ以来、私は今までのようにリラックスして治療を受けることができなくなった。そしてそれに関してあなたがプロフェッショナルとして何も責任を感じてないように思える。私はあなたのところに「プロとしての」治療を受けるために通うのに、それを受けられないというのは通う意味がない。私は患者であり、治療方法が気にいっていた。それはとっても残念なことです。 以上です。 長文ですみません。 お力を貸していただけたら助かります。

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分です。 抽象的な部分や変なところは意訳して いただけるとありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is a celestial influence from planets and stars in your seventh house. When there is a planet in the seventh house, it brings a definite kind of fate to bare, the choice of love is much more destined and less free. A planet also means that you yourself possess, a particular look or character that will deeply attract only a certain kind of man, and not others. It is as if the picture of love is cut out for you. If you had no planet in the seventh house, it would be more difficult to find love and yet more freedom to fall in love too, more opportunity but perhaps less depth. This planet placement gives you, endurance, practicality, a feeling of the predestined, so that once you are involved with someone, even if its not the soul mate, you are able to “make do” with relationship, or to put up with a lot that others wouldn’t for the sake of love.

• 貰った英文メールの返事で困っています。

英語の得意な方、どうか助けてください イーベイの出品者さんから以下の連絡を貰いました。 でもきょうは何だかどう返事をしていいかわかりません。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi friend: I am so sorry I haven't been in touch with you but my computer crashed. I wanted to let you know all the packages affected by the storms have made it to the central center now and you should be receiving within the next few days. I am so happy this situation is cleared up, because I was really getting worried. You have a great day, and please stay in touch with me. 【訳文】 私のパソコンが壊れて連絡ができずにいました、ごめんなさい。 嵐の影響で遅れていた荷物のすべてが現在中央の配送センターへ移りましたので、 あなたがこの数日以内に(落札した荷物を)受取できるのをお知らせしたいです。 私は本当に気を揉んでいたのでこの状況が解決されるのをとてもうれしく思います。 どうかよい日を過ごしてください、そして、私と連絡を保ってください。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 【返事】 Hi, ●●(名前) Thank you so mach for the information. It’s good news! I’m very glad to hear it. But I’m sorry that you are taking this trouble hard. →この文がどうも、、、気を揉んで苦労している相手に、ねぎらいと感謝の意を表したいのですが、、 あと、相手からplease stay in touch with me.とありますが、以前もI hope we can stay in touch. と言われましたが、そんな時どう返してよいかわかりません。 いつもは、おぼつかないながら何とかへぼ英語を絞り出していたのですが今日はお手上げです。 勝手なお願いですが、なにとぞよろしくお願いします。m(_ _)m

• この英文の意味を理解できないのです・・・

下の英文をわかる方、いらっしゃいますでしょうか? 「What doesn't kill makes YOU stronger」の部分は、たぶん、直訳で「何かで殺されないことは、あなたを強くする」、意訳で「何の困難は、あなたを強くする」??というような意味だったかと思いますが・・・ あとは、どう訳してよいのか、よくわからないのです。 いくつかの翻訳ソフトにかけてみたのですが、意味不明な訳になってしまいます。 どなたか、わかる方がいましたら、ご教授くださいませ。 よろしくお願いします。 ----------------------------------------- What doesn't kill makes YOU stronger. (Really!!!) Keep your experience, bitter or sweet, in a scrapbook to learn and laugh when it's time. (Of course you will). But DON'T waste your time live it day in and day out... I never know one... who doesn't want to love... and be loved. I hardly know anyone... who doesn't hit a bump with the thing so-called "love" (life must be really borrrrring if it’s so !!!) But I do know someone....who recognize self and appreciate life much better after going thru... luv.

• 友達の英文の訂正お願いします。

友達の英文の訂正お願いします。 Megwin, are you really going to quite taking your MegwinTV movies? First, I didn`t thought you really do so, though you sequentially uploaded your previous movies.. I`m so sorrow about that, but on thinking about you live happily, my heat becomes better. I can`t say any more, but please hang in there! では、お願いします。

• 英文メール

海外旅行でであった人から以下のメールをもらいました。好印象な人だっただけに気になるのですが、これは脈ありなんでしょうか。遊びなんでしょうか。またどんな返事を返せばいいでしょうか。 It's very nice to meet you in ××× Hotel. You must come back home and do your work now. It\'s a pity that I didn\'t have much time to be with you and show you around the city. But it\'s really an unforgetable experience I have to talk with a nice Japanese girl. How \'s your trip to Shanghai? Wish you love the Oriental NEW YORK! I really miss our talk in Shanghai. Best regards.