• ベストアンサー

アドバイスお願いします!!

私は決して恐れはしない。 決して。 あなたのいない世界はモノクローム。 だから決して死は怖くない。 あなたを失うことの怖さよりは死の恐怖など微塵もない。 という詩を英語にすると…… I never do fear. Decide. The world in which you are not present is monochrome. Therefore, death is by no means fearful. There are also no pieces, such as fear of death, rather than the fearfulness of losing you. こんな感じでいいのでしょうか? アドバイスお願いします!!

• 英語
  • 回答数7
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • wierdo
  • ベストアンサー率31% (67/212)
回答No.7

詩の形は自由です。rhymeを必ず取り入れる決まりはありません。形として、リズムとして自分なりの気持ちを表せれば良いのではないでしょうか。 もう少し、深遠な感じを取り入れて作ってみました。前のものと比較してみてください。 Fear has no place in my heart The world, now colourless and bleak Without you. Overwhelmed by such sadness No death can mean more than In losing you. 形を決め、主張する部分を分離し、できる限り短くする事で、想像力を促すのも一つの方法かと思います。 どちらの方がskytearsさんの好みでしょうか?

その他の回答 (6)

回答No.6

Gです。 ちゃらちゃらといわれては、やはり、再度挑戦しなくてはならないですね。 <g> Nothing can scare me, I now know. Nothing, yes I mean nothing. Life without you is a life with sorrow Dying is no longer freightening How death can be more fearful than losing you, my Love? と少し、英語の篠のrhyme (韻を踏む)を取り入れて、フィーリングを、単語の中だけではなく、文章の流れ、また、疑問文にすることによって、より、切ない感情を出しました。 そして、最後の最後に、心の底にある、感情を表すために、my Loveを載せ、詩を閉めました。 アメリカ英語のすばらしい感情の出し方の数種をこの5行に絞り出してみました。  参考になれば幸いです。

• wierdo
  • ベストアンサー率31% (67/212)
回答No.5

4番バッターのwierdoです。 このような切ない雰囲気を醸し出すには、やはり重いフィーリングを出しやすいイギリス英語を使ってみただけです。 勿論、ご指摘の通り、アメリカ英語ではcolorsですが、米語はチャラチャラしている側面もあり、このシリアスな状況とグレーのイメージはイギリス英語ならでは、と感じたところです。 これを読んで頂いて何かをちょっとでも感じられたなら幸いです。言葉の響きを大切にしたいと常に思っていますので。

skytears
質問者

お礼

米語はチャラチャラしているのですか…。 イギリス英語と米語の違いや、その歴史についても興味がありますし、将来はそこらへんの勉強もしてみたいと思っていたのでwierdoさんの回答はとても参考になります!! 言葉は最大の魔力だ、と誰かが言っていた気がしますが本当にそう思います。 いろいろな国の言語に触れることでその言語の特徴などいろいろな側面から見てみることもできると思いますし。 なんだかどんどん話がずれてますが私はwierdoさんが最後に“言葉の響きを大切にしたいと常に思っていますので。”という言葉に感動を覚えたので… 2回も親切なアドバイスありがとうございます!! また、今度困ったことがあればこちらで質問させていただくのでその時はまたよろしくお願いします! ありがとうございました。

• wierdo
  • ベストアンサー率31% (67/212)
回答No.4

私なりに挑戦してみますね。 I am neither afraid nor scared, How could I ever be? You are gone, and the world is devoid of all of its beautiful colours. That is why, for me now, death is no longer frightening. Dying can hardly compare to my sadness in losing you. 自分を出して、フィーリングを大切に頑張って訳してみました。

skytears
質問者

お礼

あわわ…専門家の方にまで挑戦していただいて嬉しい限りです!!感動です!! あの、でもとっても恐縮なんですが英語の3行目の最後のcoloursはcolorsのことでしょうか??う~む。 あぁもしかしてBritish Englishではcolorをcolourと綴るんですね!?? 個人的に最後の文がとても参考になりました。 とってもグッときますvv こんなヘボい詩の英訳にご回答いただきありがとうございました!!

• nagatos
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/112)
回答No.3

あなたを失うことの怖さよりは死の恐怖など微塵もない。 I have no fear of death. I have fear of broken heart. for losing youとかより、「失恋」が前面に出過ぎているかも。ただ、I have でそろえた方がごろが良いようなので。 アメリカの四月は「詩の月 the month of poetry」なので、あちこちのサイトで詩に関する情報が拾えるはず。 Good luck!

skytears
質問者

お礼

アメリカで4月は「詩の月 the month of poetry」と言われているなんて初めて知りました!! 勉強になります。 この詩(詩といえるのか微妙なんですが)は失恋というよりも大切な恋人を失ってしまった死期の近い女の子の気持ちを表したつもりだったんですよ。(意味不明ですね) ご回答ありがとうございました。 もう少しいろんな人の意見も参考にしていきたいと思いますvv

• nagatos
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/112)
回答No.2

翻訳は人によって随分かわります。ましてや、詩ともなると専門的知識というか、使われる単語や用法が・・・ 面白そうだから、ちょっと勉強させてもらいました。 私は決して恐れはしない。 I have no fear. 決して。 No never. あなたのいない世界はモノクローム。 The world is monotone without you. だから決して死は怖くない。 Thus, I have defied death. あなたを失うことの怖さよりは死の恐怖など微塵もない。 There is no fear of death other than miss you.

skytears
質問者

お礼

そうですね。私もそう思います。 翻訳の仕方も十人十色なんでしょうね。 こんな変てこな詩を面白いとはありがとうございます。 私も「決して。」はneverを使うべきかな?と思ったんですよ。Decideは意味的に「~を決める」ですしね。(たぶん) 私は恐れないことを決めた、だなんて変だと思ったんですが(汗) ご回答ありがとうございました!!

回答No.1

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 私なりに書いてみますね。 >私は決して恐れはしない。 >I never do fear. どういう意味かはっきりわかりませんが、もう大人なんだから怖がらない(お化けなど<g>)、と言う意味では、 I will never get scared. 決して。 I have decided.じぶんできめたんだ。 >あなたのいない世界はモノクローム。 World/Life without you is/menas no value/meaning/nothing to me.として、あなたのいない、をwithout you, モノクロームをno value(価値のない)、no meaning(意味のない), nothing(価値のないもの、無意味なもの)としました。 >だから決して死は怖くない。 >Therefore, death is by no means fearful. So, I'm not afraid of death. あなたを失うことの怖さよりは死の恐怖など微塵もない。 The fear of dying is such a small thing compared to the fear of losing you 私は詩人ではないので、詩と言う形にするには、他の人の回答を待ってくださいね。 これでいいでしょうか。 分からない点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

skytears
質問者

お礼

こうやってみなさんのご回答を見ていると日本語にもたくさんの言い回しがあるように英語でもそれは同じなんですね。(当たり前ですね…) なんだかこうやって見ていると、日本語で書いた私のヘボ詩よりもみなさんが教えてくださった英語詩のほうが雰囲気出てますね(汗) 何にしてもご回答ありがとうございました!!

skytears
質問者

補足

私は決して恐れはしない。っというのは何かとても大切な物や人を失ったときの恐怖みたいなものをさしているつもりです。 実はコレ、学校でのちょっとした課題で自分なりの世界(想像を詩として創造するとか。よく分からないんですが)を詩で表現するといった変てこな課題です。 決して。は私は恐れるわけないでしょ。決してね。っという意味合いのつもりです。 あなたのいない世界はモノクローム。はあなたがいない世界なんて面白くもなんともないし、無意味なのよ。ってなつもりです。 とりあえず変てこなんですよね。 説明不足なのに親切にご回答いただいて感激です。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

結構有名なことわざのようですが、どう理解すればいいのかを教えて下さい。 "Hold knowledge as though you would be in fear of losing it."

• どうしても自分で翻訳できない歌があります

3年前くらいに知ったアーティストなんですが、 Joshua Radinという人(日本では無名)の曲で、 『No Envy,No Fear』という曲なんですが、私には翻訳不能で...。 誰か時間がある時で構いませんので、 翻訳できる方、よろしくお願いします。 Some are reaching few are there, wandering from a heros chair, Some are scared to fly so high, well this is how we have to try Have no envy and no fear, have no envy, no fear Brother brother we all see, your hiding out so painfully, See yourself come out to play, a lovers rain will wash away You envy and you fear, so have no envy, no fear When your sister turns to leave, only when she's most in need, Take away the cause of pain, by showing her were all the same. Have no envy and no fear, have no envy and no fear And every day we try to find, we search our hearts and our minds, The place we used to call our home, can't be found when were alone So have no envy, no fear, have no envy and no fear

• no less than you deserve

And I admit: I hope that at some point, you'll feel it so much that you decide to let him experience the fear and shame and embarrassment of having other people look at him that way, too. Not just because he should, but because the solidarity and support of the people around you is no less than you deserve. http://community.sparknotes.com/2014/08/29/auntie-sparknotes-was-i-raped no less than you deserveはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違い、訂正、アドバイス等をください。

英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違いの訂正をお願いします Death penalty has a long history. It has existed at almost the same time human society was formed. People executed it in various ways. Sometimes it executed in very cruel way. Many countries, including Japan, have still been adopting it for the heaviest punishment. However, many advanced countries abolished it in recent years. I think Japan should retain capital punishment, riding this trend for four reasons. First of all, I think no one have a right to kill someone even if he or she is offender. Human dignity is the universal truth that is the basis of ethics. There is nothing more important than life. I think there is the other better way than killing such as life imprisonment. All people have human rights and capital punishment violate them. Therefore, we should not allow the death penalty. Second reason is that there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty. Of course, once capital punishment was executed, person who was put to death would never rise again. Even if he or she was proved to be clear, we could not save him or her after death penalty. In this case, government killed innocent person without rational reason. If there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty, we should abolish the death penalty. Third reason is that death penalty should not be adopted for the sake of crime prevention. Some defender of the death penalty say that death penalty have strong deterrent effect against crimes. However, it may not exactly be true. There is no evidence to proof it and there are many safe countries without death penalty. I think we need not to use death penalty as a deterrent power. Death penalty doesn’t have deterrent power against crimes. Forth reason is that death penalty is very cruel punishment. Person who is sentenced to death get not only bodily suffering but also mental anguish. Waiting for determined death is very dreadful and there is no possibility to avoid being killed. Death penalty is not just a bodily punishment. It is also a mental punishment and government does not have the right to punish death-row prisoners’ mentality In conclusion, death penalty is very dangerous to threaten our right as humans. Death penalty has possibility to kill innocent people and it is not just a bodily punishment. We all have human dignity and no one have right to damage it. A flow of the global ideas is to abolish the death penalty and we should not ignore this flow if Japan is a country which value human life. We must abolish the death penalty as soon as possible.

• 英語を日本語に訳す手助けお願いします。

弟に英語を教えています。 だいたいの内容は理解できたのですが、上手く訳すことが出来ません。 正直に出来ないと言うのが1番だけど、兄の立場てきに今更ひけなくなってしまいました。 手助けお願いします。 ・内容はプレゼントを贈る習慣について。 In addition, never give four of anything, since the Japanese word for the number four is also the word for death. 何か4とつくものは決して与えてはいけない。 日本語では4と死が同じ。 No matter where in the world you are, you will feel more comfortable if you take the time to learn some of the gift-giving customs there. プレゼントを贈る習慣を学ぶのには時間がかかるが、より快適に感じることができる。 たとえ世界中どこであっても。 このくらいしか分かりません。 どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 日本語へ翻訳して欲しいです。

:^) Your are right! is by the character of the person . but i still think that you are a wonderful person . i like you the way you are there is no problem if you want to see my album of my facebook この文章ですが、日本語へ翻訳して下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 至急和訳お願いします!

Socrates did not fear death; he calmly drank the hemlock. Kierkegaard was obsessed with death, which made him a bit gloomy. As for Lorraine Tosiello, a 58-year-old internist in Bradley Beach, N.J., it is the process of dying that seems endlessly puzzling. “I’m more interested, philosophically, in what is death? What is that transition?” Dr. Tosiello said at a recent meeting in a Manhattan coffee shop, where eight people had shown up on a Wednesday night to discuss questions that philosophers have grappled with for ages. The group, which meets monthly, is called a Death Cafe, one of many such gatherings that have sprung up in nearly 40 cities around the country in the last year. Offshoots of the “café mortel” movement that emerged in Switzerland and France about 10 years ago, these are not grief support groups or end-of-life planning sessions, but rather casual forums for people who want to bat around philosophical thoughts. What is death like? Why do we fear it? How do our views of death inform the way we live? “Death and grief are topics avoided at all costs in our society,” said Audrey Pellicano, 60, who hosts the New York Death Cafe, which will hold its fifth meeting on Wednesday. “If we talk about them, maybe we won’t fear them as much.”

• nothing is so...as の文について。

There is nothing of which we are so afraid as of death. 死より怖ろしいものはない。 という文について質問させてください! nothing...so afraid as...の部分は「~ほど怖いものはない」を意味してると思うのですが、 afraid ofのofはどこに動いたと考えればよいでしょうか。 文中に二箇所"of"が出てくるのですが、asの後ろのofがafraid ofのものだとすると、 なぜ so afraid of as death でないのでしょうか。 さらに、whichの前のofはどのように考えればいいですか? 関係代名詞の所有格というものでしょうか?? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 娘の宿題で困っています。どう翻訳すればよいでしょうか?

娘の宿題で困っています。どう翻訳すればよいでしょうか? キリスト教系の学校に行っています。 Hail Mary full of grace,the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Regarding the question of whether death is a life crisis, one noted authority concluded that it is not invariably a crisis for an individual person. “There are people among us who seldom give thought to death. Some of these people come to death before death has come to mind-accidents, foul play, sudden traumas of various kinds. A crisis was neither anticipated nor experienced in such instances. Others among us do think of death, but minus the doomsday visions. There are people who seem to view personal annihilation with equanimity, and others who are serene because, for them, death does not represent annihilation. Still others feel sorely troubled with the life they are experiencing, and death is seen as the solution rather than the problem” (Kastenbaum, 1975, p. 48). お願いします。