Why do Japanese buildings need to be rebuilt every 30-40 years?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In Japan, many historic buildings are made of paper or wood. This is why most houses have to be rebuilt within 30 to 40 years.
  • Stone buildings, like churches and stone paths, create a European atmosphere in Japan. The existence of medieval towns and houses is truly amazing.
  • The need to rebuild houses every 30 years is also related to the high humidity in Japan, which causes quicker deterioration of wood. How do you express the deterioration of houses in English?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳を見ていただけますか

日本の建築物についての文章を英作しています。意味の通じないところがあれば指摘していただけないでしょうか。 (1)日本では歴史的建築物の多くは木材と紙によって作られています。 多くの住宅は30年から40年で建て替えなければいけません。 また多くの人はリフォームよりも新築することを選ぶ傾向にあります。 In Japan many historic buildings are made of paper or wood. So,most house might have to rebuild in 30 to 40 years. Many people prefer new house rather than reform. (2)ですので、石作りの建物、たとえば教会や石畳を見るたびに「私は今ヨーロッパにいるんだ!」と実感するのです。 以前テレビで(ヨーロッパの)古い街を見ました。 中世の街並みや家屋が今も残っているなんて本当にすばらしいことです。 Every time when I see the building such as curch and path which made of stone,I can really feel''I am in Europe!'' I'vewatched an old town on TV. How wonderful medieval town and house still exist today. (1)の家屋が30年ほどで建て替えなければいけないのは湿気が多く傷みが早いことも関係していると説明を入れたいのですが難しくてまだ文章にできません。 木材が腐ってしまうと書くと本当にボロボロになって住めなくなるようなイメージがするようでちょっと違う気がするんですが、家屋が傷んでくるというのは英語では何と表現するのでしょう? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kanakyu-
  • ベストアンサー率30% (1916/6194)
回答No.1

すてきな文ですね。 私なりに回答しますね。 (1) In Japan, many historic buildings are build out of paper and wood. The buildings are damaged quickly due to the humid climate. Houses often need to be rebuilt after 30 to 40 years. Many people prefer to have new houses rather than renovate the old ones. 2) Therefore, every time when I see stone constructions such as churches or a stone pavement, I really feel " I am in Europe now!" I've watched an old (european) town on TV before. How wonderful that the medieval townscape and the houses still remain today.

ss006981
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧に回答いただきありがとうございました。 kanakyu-さんの回答履歴見させていただいたんですが フランス語のアドバイスもされているのですね。すごい!! すてきな文と言っていただき嬉しかったです;〉 例文参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳の採点お願いしますm(_ _)m

I drew a Shisa to express a quality of Okinawa. Why I made a Shisa a motif, this is because it is known as the guardian angel of the house and a talisman against evil for a long time in Okinawa. A custom to put in a roof or the entrance hall is now and is installed in many houses. I expressed the personality as the symbol which protected strength that the Shisa lasted and dignity, Okinawa and pictured the scenery which made a Shisa Maine. 【本文】 私は沖縄らしさを表現するために、シーサーを描きました。なぜシーサーをモチーフにしたかというと、沖縄では古くから家の守り神、魔除けとして知られていているからです。屋根や玄関などに置く習慣が今でもあり、多くの家屋に設置されています。そのシーサーの持つ、力強さや、威厳、沖縄を守るシンボルとしての風格を表現し、シーサーをメインにした風景を描きました。 ☆あと、シーサーは英語でShisaと書きますか??教えて欲しいです

• 英訳ですが

英訳ですがどうもうまくいきません ”私はそんなに多くの友達はいません、幾人かは会社の友人ですし多くは大学からの友人です” I have not so many friends,but some of them are from work and many of them are from my college days. でいいのでしょうか??

• 英訳あっているでしょうか?(;_;)

英語が得意な方、お願いします(;_;) 自分の住んでいる町の簡単な紹介を英文で書いてみたのですが、文法的になどあっているかとても不安なので英語が得意な方、アドバイスなどをいただけないでしょうか? 日本語訳↓ 私は、○○に住んでいます。(○○とは私の住んでいる町のことです。) それは、○○の東にあります。(○○とは私の住んでいる市のことです。) それは美しい○○川で有名です。(○○とは川の名前です。) 川の近くに多くの桜の木があります。 私は、私の町が好きです。 英訳↓ I live in ○○. It is in the east of ○○. It is famous for its beautiful ○○river. There are many cherry trees near the river. I like my town. よろしくお願いいたしますm(__)m

• 【英訳】たくさんのうちの一人

たくさんのうちの一人 というのを英語でどのように表現するのでしょうか。 one of themは「その他大勢」といったニュアンスになるように感じます。ほかに適切な言い方があれば教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 「彼女には多くの友達がいて、僕はたくさんのうちの一人だ。でも僕はそれじゃ満足できなくなっちゃったんだ。」 といった感じのニュアンスです。She has many friends, and I'm one of them. でいいのでしょうか…

• 英文の間違いを教えてください

間違っている文やアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。 Second I am going to talk about dreams. Many people have a lot of dreams. And many people want to dream come true. For example, I want to be a singer and I want to learn it . (たとえば、もし私が歌手になりたくてそれについて学びたいとする) I think that a big city have many school than a small town. (わたしは小さい町よりも大きい街のほうがたくさん学校があると思う。) I live in a big city in a big town for dream come true. And we can know new information there.(それに、新しい情報を手に入れやすい) Therefore, I want to live in a big town. よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いいたします(´∵)

すいません。どうしてもここがわかりません。どなたか手を貸していただけたら幸いです。 At the beginning of our period the code of the Poor law, as established by legislation in 1833,inspired by Chadwick and Senior,was still in operation. Its emphasis was heavily on the treatment of the pauper as less than a normal citizen,and on the avoidance of relief in the home as far as possible. From 1909,as we have seen,largely due to the work of Fabians,an entirely new approach captured the field,aiming at a practical reversal of chadwick's ideas the third declaration of policy,that embodied in the (Bevrridge) Report of the Interdepartmental Committee on Social Insurance and Allied Services of 1942,although revolutionary in many respects,must properly be regarded as a logical development of the ideas which had already been made explicit in1909.

• 英語について。

I think that animals, babies and something of cute things made us heal our mind. we can have interested in it to see animals. A zoo has many animals, and we can see animals which only a zoo. many animals are in trouble in the global warming. わたしは、動物、赤ちゃんや何かかわいいものはわたし達の心をいやしてくれる わたし達は動物を見ることでそれに興味を持てる。 動物園には多くの動物がいて、わたしたちは動物園でしか見れない動物を見れる。 多くの動物が地球温暖化で困っている。 この英文の添削をしてください。 よろしく、お願いします。

• 英訳をお願いいたします。

英訳をお願いいたします。 始めまして、質問に失礼があったら、先にお詫びいたします。 海外からのコメントに返事をしたいのですが、私の英語レベルでは 解釈できかねて、困ってます。 どなたか、日本語に訳してもらえないでしょうか? 相手の方は、英語圏にはお住まいではなく、スイス人だと思います、 その辺も考慮して頂けると助かります。 ??????Why are surprise many friends visit my channel ??????????It's G R E A T for YOU : a lot of people watch your avatar/icône !!!!(Laughes !) You can tell to me : Thank you very much !!! (It's for laughes but it's the reality) I am a very sympatic woman ! I always write lovely messages ! I am honnest I read and answer I have a beautiful choice "regroupement" of creations of many internautes (people) because I have good smell in musics ! And a lot people want a place for their icônes / avatar in my channel ! You see : you are lucky ! Every day I don't keep and put OUT 10 avatard/icônes ! I only conserv honnest people/friends ! If you are some questions : please ask to me ! I answer to you I help the best in my possibility I am really sincere I have old friends the want coming in my channel ! But I don't want some people not corrects or with stories, who made shit, noises... Please : respect me and I respect you  です、宜しくお願いいたします。 また、お礼が遅れるかもしれません、先に失礼とは思いますが、 ここで、お礼を申しあげます。

• 英語の間違いについて

この英文に間違っているところや、アドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 Many people live in big city. I live there, too. (私もそこに住んでいる) A big city have many stores, schools, subway and more. But we can favor anyone in a small town. (しかし小さい町に住んでいれば親しくなることができる) This is because a small town don't have many people. However, I want to live in a big town. I would like to discuss the reasons why I think so by talking about friends and dreams. よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳はできましたが、意味がわかりません。(^^;;

According to the model, the highest daytime temperature in 2100 will surpass 35 C in many areas, including northern Tokyo and many parts of Saitama Prefecture, while the mercury will climb to over 36 C in the central part of the prefecture. http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/newsvoice/f3.htmより参照 なんで、水銀とかでてくるのでしょうか?