• ベストアンサー

not up の訳し方がわかりません

柔道等の昇段に関する文章です。 [I feel that it is not up to me to decide the moment of my grading]このような文章ですが、どのように訳すのでしょうか? 教えて下さい。

• yogi56
  • お礼率41% (127/309)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • FurbyS_OK
  • ベストアンサー率29% (52/178)
回答No.1

否定文で意味が分からない場合、まず not を外して考えましょう。 するとこの場合、 it is up to me が残ります。 そして up の意味が解らなかったら、「up to 人」で辞書を引きましょう。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/up+to/UTF-8/

参考URL:
http://eow.alc.co.jp/up+to/UTF-8/
yogi56
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとう

その他の回答 (1)

• debukuro
  • ベストアンサー率19% (3635/18948)
回答No.2

not upではなくup to ~ですね to decide the moment of my grading こういう具合に分ければ分かりやすいと思います

yogi56
質問者

お礼

そうですね

関連するQ&A

• notについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 However, my business partners have convinced me that not everyone feels the way I do. (1) not がどうしてこの位置にあるのでしょうか?倒置でしょうか?このような文法を始めてみました。 (2)that everyone does not feel~に置き換えれますでしょうか? ご指導のほど何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• It is not, however から始まる文

It is not, however, in any of these meanings that 'A' is put forward here, という文章につまづいており、最初にくる、It is not, however という始まり方が、「それまでの文章を、それは違う、と否定して、しかし、ときているのかと思ったのですが、そうすると以後の文章が意味が掴めなくなり、ひょっとして、It is not, howeverというのは、なにか慣用的な意味があるのかと思い、質問させていただきました。

• should it come up

I am a mentee in a "future women leaders" program at my organization. I am paired with a director of a different department. She and I get along very well, but she is not on speaking terms with the director of my department, and has gone so far as to file a complaint against my immediate supervisor, a woman I respect greatly. So far, my mentor has not reached out to me to organize our first mentoring session. Perhaps it is because she is very busy, but I suspect it is also because she is basically at war with my department, going so far as to instruct some of her subordinates not to speak to my colleagues (although they still speak to me). I sent an initial, "Thank you, and I'm looking forward to working with you" email to her upon the human resources department informing us that we were paired together. I have not reached out to her again and haven't heard from her. I am not sure how I would handle any discussions about my department, in particular my supervisors, should it come up. should it come upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• press up against me

My husband of 10 years has gotten increasingly touchy-feely with me. It is nearly impossible for me to be within arm’s reach of him without having him pet my hair, rest his hand heavily on my body, try and hold my hand, or press up against me, regardless of what I am doing. press up against meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My boyfriend loves me, is unfailingly kind, self-identifies as a feminist, and is always interested in and supportive of my academic work. Here’s the weird part: He says “good girl” to me, usually when I’ve done something to take care of myself, like put my glasses on when my eyes are tired, or get to sleep and wake up at a reasonable hour. We live together and I adore him, and honestly, I like the “good girl” thing, at least to some extent. I am an approval-craving person, by nature and even though I don’t need it, I love to be validated. I wouldn’t want him to say it in front of anyone, but I do feel guilty, because liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• safe=not dangerous ?

One of the advantages of living in Japan is that it is safe . の最後のsafe のころにnot dangerous は入りますか?

• put them up to it

My mother complains constantly that her teenage grandchildren do not call or text her; however, she does not call or text them either, claiming, "I just don't want to bug anybody." On the rare occasion that she does reach out, usually via text, she is never satisfied with their response. I encourage my children to text her, but she accuses me of putting them up to it. putting them up to itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

早起きは苦手という人が多いようだ。私も夜更かしは平気だが、早起きはとてもつらい。 ただ、所用で早く起きる日は気分が一新する。頬を打つ朝の大気は優しく快い。 一日がことさら長く、充実した時間をすごした実感がある。よし、明日からはと心に 決めるのだが、翌朝になるとその決心は鈍ってしまう。 It seems that many people are not good at waking up early.This is true of me very much, while I don't mind staying up late. However, I feel fresh in waking up early for some reasons. The air which awake me is comfortable. When I do it, I feel the day to be longer than usual and realize I spent full time in it. I heartily decide to do so from tomorrow, but I always lose the decision next morning. 回答よろしくお願いします。

• この is it not の解説をお願いします

『山月記』の一節なのですが、下の文の頭にある「is it not」の解説をお願いします。 It is said, is it not, that all of us are by nature wild beasts and that our duty as human beings is to become like trainers who hold their animals in check, and even teach them to perform tasks alien to their bestiality. 原文:人間は誰でも猛獣使いであり、その猛獣に当るのが、各人の性情だという。 that all of us…以下が is said である一方、that all of us…以下「…とすべての人が認めているわけではないが」という意味合いを付け加えているわけですか。

• 日本語にしてください!お願いします!

Awww thank you!  Cute the emoticon u put.Hee hee!And u put that of how you feel u are cute!By the way thx for sending me the update on your new hair it is beautiful sweetie. If u have a pic of your front face feel free to send me it?Thanks my friend.