• 締切済み

英語を勉強していたのですが、わからないことがあります

misoshiru3の回答

回答No.3

People pollute water and destroy the environment without thinking. without 以下が and で結ばれているので、おそらくこのwithout 以下は pollute とdestroyの両方に副詞的にかかっているといえます。 訳すと「人々は何も考えずに水を汚し、環境を破壊する。」となります。 ちなみにwithout ~ing は「~しないで」という意味です。 The monsters have gone,and pollution has appeared. この文章について何がわからないのですか?文法構造?文章の意味? おそらく現在完了形の意味がぱっとしないのでしょうね。 このような場合、現在完了は過去形と違ってある動作を強調する、というはたらきがあります。そのまま訳すと「怪物は去り、汚染がやってきた」くらいでしょうか。そして現在完了の強調の意味を含めて訳すと「怪物はやっとのことで去り、汚染がやってきてしまった」となります。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の得意な方翻訳をお願いします。Yelling at my sist

英語の得意な方翻訳をお願いします。Yelling at my sister, 'there are poor people without water and your wasting it!!'この英文はどのように訳したらよいでしょうか?どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳代行 英語

(1)Though eco-tourism is promising,it must be carefully developed,because if developed too rapidly,it can destroy rainforests just as cutting down tree has,and cause damage to the environment. (2)for eco-tourism to have a positive influence aon he environment and economy,policies aare required that promote responsible development of eco-tourism,and enable local people to benefit from it. 片方でも構いません おねがいしますm(__)m

• 英語の翻訳をお願いいたしますm(__)m

Water is our most important natural resource. Yet though water covers most of the Earth, only 2.5% of it is salt-free. Demand for fresh water has risen sharply in the last 50 years, and it is still going up. That’s already causing serious problems. Finding the right solutions may be one of the biggest challenges of our time. There are several reasons behind the growing crisis. The first is waste. About 70% of our fresh water is used to grow crops. It takes 1,000 tons of water to grow just one ton of wheat. Unfortunately, around 60% of that water is wasted. Better irrigation methods would help the situation. Pollution is another big problem. Many of the world’s great rivers, such as the Ganges in India, are badly polluted. Yet 350 million people rely on the Ganges. Their health is affected by the health of the river. Steps are being taken to clean up some waterways, but it is expensive and can take years. Overuse also puts pressure on water supplies. In the USA, 95% of the country’s fresh water comes from underground sources. With so much water being used to grow crops and raise livestock, water levels are dropping rapidly. Once used, those supplies are gone forever, since they are not refilled by rainwater. The key there is to lower demand. In many places around the world, people already live in crisis. More than one billion people have no access to clean water. That leads to millions of deaths every year, including thousands of children dying every day in Africa. By 2025, as many as 25 African countries may face severe water shortages. The situation could even lead to wars over water rights. The fresh water crisis is not limited to poor regions. Indeed, rich and poor countries from Asia to Europe to North America are facing shortages. It’s a growing problem that could soon affect us all.

• 和訳の添削をお願いします。

Man-made environmental disturbance-as wide-ranging as air and water pollution, ecosystem disruption, industrial chemicals and war-have all had an impact on human health. 【人口の環境妨害は水、大気汚染、生態系破壊、工業用化学物質そして戦争と同じくらい広範にわたって人間の健康に影響を与えてきた。】 以上のように訳してみました。添削をお願いします。

• 次の文の(       )内にthink を

適切な形にして入れる問題で、 People can get along well without knowing much about language, and only stop ( ) about it if they fail to understand each other. thinking かなと思ったのですが、日本語訳がよくわからなくなりました。 どなたか正しい答えと、この文の日本語訳も教えてください。

• 英語の教科書の和訳が分かりません

lesson7 Mr.Hatakeyama was an oyster farmer. He raised oysters near Kesen-numa. But his oysters were damaged by pollution. He wanted to solve the problem,so in 1984, he visited oyster farms in France. There he learned that the leaves from trees enriched the soil on land. It made the sea water nutritious. He said to himself, "If the mountains didn't have a lot of trees, the people couldn't raise healthy oysters." Mr. Hatakeyama spoke to the other oyster farmers. "without clean sea water, good oysters can't grow. Where does the water come from? From the mountains! So we should grow trees on the mountains for the future of our oyster farms." At first they didn't understand. But little by little they came to support his movement. they planted different kinds of trees under the slogan,"The forest is the partner of the sea."many people around Japan, including school children , have joined this movement. Lesson8 The music started. It was the folk song Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Katarina Witt began to skate to the music. At first the music sounded violent and she expressed then cruelty and the ugliness of war. Then the music changed into a gentle and moderate tone. She expressed the importance of peace. Lastly, the music became dynamic again. She showed a strong-willed girl, who never gives up her hope. She finished her performance with this image. Katrina's skating was not as perfect as before. But the audience gave her great applause from the heart. They knew why she had come back to the rink. She had won her first gold medal in Sarajevo. However, there was a civil war and many people were killed. Katarina decided to express her sorrow for Sarajevo and her prayer for peace. Katarina said , "I don't think I can change the world only through sports. But I believe I can give some beautiful present to people through my performance."

• 英文の訳をお願いします;;

ln rural Africa, clean water is a luxury. Most people don't have a water systemin their homes. lnstead,they often must walk long distances to wells and carry heavycontainers of water back home.PatriciaMolope,17,explains that before Diepsloot got a PlayPump,people would pay a taxi driver to take them to a far-off well. “Sometimesthe taxi drivers were busy,and we would have to do without bathing in order to saveour water. lt was too far to walk there. But now we have our own clean water in ourvillage,and life is better."

• 英語再勉強者です。 添削をして頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくおねが

英語再勉強者です。 添削をして頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくおねがいします。 Today was to work outside after a long time. But I was sorry it was rain. When the work of am was end, we consider whether we would come back our office or not. As the result, we continued to work outside. After working outside, we came to an office my boss worked by last April. I and my coworker were introduced to his some companies and went to drink with them. I like to drink with the people of first meeting. But I couldn’t enjoy today’s drink. Probably I think I don’t like a double personality. Though I should change such my thinking, I can’t do so. I am going to hate me.

• 結構難度高いですが、和訳お願いします。英語が本当苦手なので分かる範囲で

結構難度高いですが、和訳お願いします。英語が本当苦手なので分かる範囲でも良いので助けてください! 結構急いでますので、宜しくお願いします。 (一応自分で考えましたので・・・見て頂ければ嬉しいです)  地球の温暖化は誰もが防止したいと考えていると、私は思います。しかし、地球温暖化の防止策に関する議論が合意しにくいのはなぜでしょうか。主な原因の一つは、地球温暖化防止策にはコストがかかり、そのコストを誰かが支払わなければならないという問題です。もし、コストのかからない地球温暖化防止策――すなわち、誰も犠牲を払うことなしに温室効果ガス(GHG)の排出量を削減できる方法があるなら、それを実行することに反対する人はいないでしょう。  GHG排出量の削減にコストがかかるのと同じように、一般に環境の改善や環境汚染の防止にはコストがかかる場合がほとんどです。このことは事実ですが、ここから一つの観念が発生しがちです。環境問題・環境政策をめぐって繰り返し発せられる問いの一つに、「環境か成長か」というものがあります。そしてその背後には、「環境を保全しようとすると成長が抑制され、経済成長を重視すると環境は悪化せざるをえない」という考えがあります。いわゆる、「環境と成長のトレードオフ論(同時には成立しえない二律背反の関係)」です。 英語文)I think that all people want to prevent global warmig wont't reach a settlement with. One of most cause is that to prevent global warming costs a lot, and who must pay its cost. If there is a way to cut Greenhouse Gas without anyone doesn't become to sacrifice,no one won't disagree to do it. Same as it costs to cut carbon footprint, in general a remedy of environment and a solution of environmental pollution usually cost some. It is true, but now it comes one notion. When people think abnout environmental destruction and environment policy comes a problem which is enviroment or development.And in behind, there are ideas which is as if we try to preserve environment brings to be obstacled development when to make a thing of economic growth should aggravate enviroment. The so-called, it is environment and divelopment of trade-off. 難しいですが、分かる方一部でも良いので宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳お願いします。

アメリカの友達とメールをしているのですがわからない部分がありました。友達は女の子なのですが、悩みを打ち明けてきたみたいで「I've been thinking about life a lot, like how to really live life without worrying and thinking too much. I sometimes worry, oh I wonder if people like me... But why should it matter anyway? Do you ever think about stuff like this?」この文のBut why should it matter anyway?はどのように訳したらいいのでしょうか?あとOh,I wonder if people like meの訳は「ああ、もしも人々(友達?)が私のことを好きだったら」で訳はいいのでしょうか?