• ベストアンサー

教えてください。全然意味がわかりません。

分詞構文が、理由、原因・譲歩・条件・時・付帯事情のどれに当てはまるか教えて下さい。 (1)My task completed, I went to bed. (2)She smiled, not being able to help it. (3)I will come, weather permitting. (4)Granting that it is true, what follows? (5)My train starts at six arriving then at 7. です。何を答えていいのかわかりません。教えて下さい。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nami3
  • ベストアンサー率31% (6/19)
回答No.2

他のもわかったので回答します。 (1)は「理由」でしょう。意味は「タスクが完成したので、私は寝た。」のような感じだと思います。なんか変な訳ですけど意味はわかってもらえると思います。 (2)は「譲歩」でしょうか。意味は「助けることができなかったけれども、彼女は笑った。」という感じだと思います。 (4)は慣用的な表現です。granting(that)~で「仮に~だとしても」という意味です。なので意味は「仮にそれが本当だとしても、何がついてくる?」のような感じでしょうか。 分詞構文の部分じゃないところは訳はおおざっぱなので、自身でしっくりくる訳をしてみて下さい。

pink-poohsan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• Yepes
  • ベストアンサー率17% (18/104)
回答No.3

(1)理由 仕事が終わったから寝ました。 (2)原因 彼女は仕方なく、微笑みました。 (3)条件 天候が許せば行くよ。 (4)条件 仮にそれが本当だとして、どうなるの? (5)付帯事情 私の電車は6時に出るから7時に着くよ。

pink-poohsan
質問者

お礼

意味までありがとうございました。

• nami3
  • ベストアンサー率31% (6/19)
回答No.1

全部はわからないんですが… (3)は独立分詞構文の用法で、文の意味としては「天候が許せば(天気がよければ)私は行きます。」のようになると思います。なのでIfを使って書き換えられるので「条件」でしょう。 (5)は「付帯状況」です。その文はきっとarrivingの前にコンマがありますよね。 文の意味としては「私の乗る電車は6時に出発して、それから7時に到着します」のようになると思います。「AしてBする」のような用法でしょう。 2つだけですけど、参考になれば幸いです。

pink-poohsan
質問者

お礼

詳しい説明ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 14 years old and facing a dilemma. My father isn't particularly religious, but my mother is a strict Catholic, and my older sister and brother have been confirmed. I have another six months before I am expected to go through the process of confirmation. I do not want to do this. But as the time approaches, my mother has become increasingly forceful on the subject. I do not share my mother's beliefs, although I do believe in God. My father supports my choice, and I've tried to explain it to my mother, but she won't have any of it. she won't have any of it.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味がつかめないです

意味のつかめない文章があるので教えてください。 1. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. 特にat allがわかりません。 2. I fell asleep reading. I remember other things I was doing before reading, but it's all a blur. itは何を指しているんでしょうか。 3. My hair is in need of a conditioning due to the excessively dry weather and that should leave me most relaxed. 「ものすごく乾燥した気候のせいで私の髪はコンディショニングが必要」まではわかるのですが、thatより後がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

My boyfriend and I have a temporary roommate (we’re halfway through her six-month lease) and I am wondering if it’s OK to ask her to at least play music or turn the tv on when she and her boyfriend have sex. Our bedroom is several rooms away from hers, and it sounds like she is right next to us. This isn’t to mention how awkward it is when we’re sitting in the living room with guests (like, our parents for example!) which is next to her bedroom and they are seriously going at it. This isn’t to mention how awkward it isはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Earlier in the year I declared my major as mathematics, which at the time made sense because I'm very good at math, and I enjoy it. However, as of recently, I've begun to doubt my interest in pursuing mathematics in college and further on. further onとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

For at least three years now, my neck has hurt on a daily basis. More often than not, it's stiff, and I need to crack it to get some relief. crack it to get some reliefはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 時制に関する質問(会話において)

A: The reception starts at 9, doesn't it? B: I thought it was at 10. Bさんは過去形で答えていますが、この場合は、I think it is でも I thought it was でもどちらでも構わないのでしょうか。Bさんが時間を勘違いしていたことを表現するために過去形にしたのかな?とも思ったのですが、説明では、B gives A the correct starting time. となっていましたので。 A: The reception starts at 10, doesn't it? B: I thought the coordinator explained the procedure to us at 9, but the reception itself started at 10. 初めの文章の応用ですが、このように、Bさんは過去形で話し続けても問題ないのでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend and I have been together for six years. Lately sex has become sporadic. First I was on my period, then he had to work early, then we were too tired to do it or not in the mood and it just spiraled from there. Now we’re looking at around six months without. But I’m OK with it. I’m happy with just hugs and kisses and curling up at night. spiraled from thereとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、curling up「体を丸くする」?cuddleとは違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 分詞構文について

分詞構文について この二つの文は接続詞を使って書き換えるにはどうすればよいでしょうか? (1) Opening the velvet box,he took out a silver ring. (2) My train left Tokyo at six, arriving here at ten.

• 文法的になんの「to」ですか?

I want to go home before it starts to snow. 上記の文においてstarts の次にある「to」は、文法的になんのto ですか?

• 意味を教えてください

My boyfriend loves me, is unfailingly kind, self-identifies as a feminist, and is always interested in and supportive of my academic work. Here’s the weird part: He says “good girl” to me, usually when I’ve done something to take care of myself, like put my glasses on when my eyes are tired, or get to sleep and wake up at a reasonable hour. We live together and I adore him, and honestly, I like the “good girl” thing, at least to some extent. I am an approval-craving person, by nature and even though I don’t need it, I love to be validated. I wouldn’t want him to say it in front of anyone, but I do feel guilty, because liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします