• ベストアンサー

hpfって何の単位ですか?

ゼブラフィッシュの心臓の発生についての論文を読んでいて、hpfという単位に出くわしました。 周辺の原文および分かる範囲の私なりの訳(間違いあるかもです)を載せると Two additional smaller compartments are the sinus venosus (SV) and the bulbus arteriosus (BA). (ゼブラフィッシュの心臓の一心房一心室構造に対して) 付加的な小さな区画は静脈洞と動脈球である。 By 36 hpf the looping of the zebrafish heart is completed and each compartment displays a distinct contractile pulsing. ゼブラフィッシュの心臓は36hpfでループし終え、各々の区画がはっきりと収縮する。 By 5 dpf, the zebrafish heart is essentially in the adult teleost configuration. 5dpfで、ゼブラフィッシュの心臓は成体の硬骨魚にみられる基本的な構造をとる。 2回使われているので誤字ではないと思いますが、見たことない単位で検索してもピンと来るものがなかったので質問させていただきます。ご回答よろしくお願いします。 ちなみに読んでいるのは P.-P. Zheng et al., Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 378 (2009) 37–40 Caldesmon is essential for cardiac morphogenesis and function: In vivo study using a zebrafish model です。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • teru-arai
  • ベストアンサー率74% (40/54)
回答No.2

他にhpfをどう使うかは知りませんが、ゼブラフィッシュの発生で出てきたらhours postfertilizationですね。Fertilizationはここでは受精の意味で、日本語で受精後うん時間です。  普通略号は許可されているもの以外論文に記載してあるはずですが(BBRCいい加減なんですね)、ご参考までに略号がちゃんと書いてある論文をあげておきます。 http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=19052656

katahokori
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 URLを挙げてくださった論文も確認いたしました。やはり受精後○日or時間 なのですね。 原著論文に触れるという点ではBBRCは分量が少なくてよい、と言われたんですが、まさかこんな落とし穴があるとは…汗

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

pfの部分はpost-fertilized(培養/増殖した)という意味です。 頭文字のdはday、hはhourを意味します。培養した時間を表している 訳です。

katahokori
質問者

お礼

培養してからの時間&日数だったわけですね。分かりました。 素早く分かりやすいご回答ありがとうございます<(_ _)>

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) The ocean contains many strange and surprising creatures. One such creature is the puffer fish. This very strange fish is probably the most poisonous creature in the ocean. The poison that this fish produces is 275 times more poisonous than the chemical which is usually used to kill rats. The puffer fish gets its name from the way the fish protects itself from enemies. Whenever it is attacked,the fish blows up its body to three times its normal size! Another strange thing about this fish is the fact that it cannot swim like other fish. Because it dose not have bones like other fish,the puffer fish can only move slowly through the water as it is carried by waves. The puffer fish also has funny teeth. These teeth stick out of the fish's mouth and are used by the fish to open the shells of the creatures that live on the ocean floor. This strange,ugly,and very poisonous fish is actually a very expensive kind of food in Japan.

• 歴史学者

参考書ふうの正直な和訳をお願いします。 The facts are really not at all like fish on the fishmonger's slab. They are like fish swimming about in a vast and sometimes inaccessible ocean; and what the historian catches will depend, partly on chance, but mainly on what part of the ocean he chooses to fish in and what tackle he chooses to use — these two factors being, of course, determined by the kind of fish he wants to catch. By and large, the historian will get the kind of facts he wants. History means interpretation. * E. H. Carr, What Is History?

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の構造が、よくわかりません。わかるかがいましたら解説をお願いします。 【And many sharks die when fishermen harvesting other kinds of fish pull in sharks by accident. 】 pull in sharks by accidentの部分とその前の部分のつながりがよくわかりません。 また下記のように訳してみました。 【多くのサメが、漁師が他の種類の魚を捕獲するときに、アクシデントで死にます。】 よろしくお願いします。

• 詩の訳を教えて下さい・・(1)

My heart is like a singing bird 私の心は、鳴いている鳥のようです Whose nest is in a watered shoot; 誰の巣が、灌漑された撮影においてありますか; My heart is like an apple-tree 私の心臓は、リンゴの木のようです Whose boughs are bent with thick-set fruit; 誰の大枝が、ずんぐりした果物で曲げられますか; My heart is like a rainbow shell 私の心臓は、虹色の貝のようです That paddles in a halcyon sea; 幸福な海の水たまり My heart is gladder than all these, 私の心は、これら全てより喜ばしいです、 Because my love is come to me. きみがいるからは、私のところへ行きます。 Raise me a dais of silk and down; 私を上げる絹とダウンの壇; Hang it with vair and purple dyes; それをベールと紫の染料に掛けてください; Carve it in doves and pomegranates, それをハトとザクロに彫ります、 And peacocks with a hundred eyes; そして、100の目のクジャク; Work it in gold and silver grapes, 金と銀のブドウでそれを働かせます、 In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys; 葉と銀のfleurs-非lysで; Because the birthday of my life 私の人生の誕生日 Is come, my love is come to me. 近付きます、私の愛は、私に近付かれます。 直訳すると、こんな感じなのですが・・・さっぱり意味がわかりません。 なんとなく、愛の喜びを書いているのかな、という感じなのですが。。 よろしくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 銅メッキ膜の結晶配向性について

In fcc thin films, the(111) texture is favored by the surface and interfacial energy minimization,whereas the (200) texture is favered by te strain energy minimization. Fcc薄膜において、(111)構造は表面および界面のエネルギーの最小化によって優位性を示し、(200)構造はひずみエネルギーの最小化により優位性を示す。(日本語訳は自信ありません。。。) と書いてあったのですが、表面および界面エネルギーの最小化??ひずみエネルギーの最小化とはなんでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 鉱物の話で、stacking arrangementなど、どう訳せばいいのでしょうか

お世話になります。 長文で申し訳ないのですが、鉱物について書かれた本に以下のような文章がありました。一応私なりに訳してみたのですが(原文と訳文をのせておきます)、理系の知識に乏しいため、よくわかりません。特に最後の1文など自分でも意味不明になってしまいましたので、正しい訳を御教示頂ければ幸いです。 Minerals are defined not only by their chemical composition, but also by their "crystal structure", that is, by the way the atoms bond at a molecular level and geometric shapes and structures that these bonds make. These structures have local order, determined by nearest- and next-nearest-neighboring atoms, and long-range order, which is determined by how the modules are stacked. The only possible stacking arrangements are those that allow the locally ordered unit cell to be repeated indefinitely in three dimensions. 鉱物を鉱物たらしめているのは、その化学成分だけではありません。もう1つの決め手が「結晶構造」、つまり分子レベルでの原子の結合と、その結合がもたらす幾何学的形態および幾何構造から、鉱物と見なされるのです。こうした結晶構造は、最近接原子と第2近接原子によって決まる局所構造と、モジュールの配列形態によって決まる長距離秩序から成っています。唯一可能な配列のアレンジは、局所的に秩序化された単位格子に3次元での永久反復を認めるものです。

• 次の英文を和訳してほしいです。

Methylation is a chemical process in which a methyl(CH3)group is added to an atom or molecule. The resulting compound does not usually dissolve in water and is more easily absorbed into organisms such as plankton. Methylmercury is very dangerous because it enters the food chain as soon as it is absorbed into plankton. Next, it ends up in a fish that eats the contaminated plankton. After the contaminated fish is eaten by another fish, the methylmercury stays in the surviving fish's flesh, and the cycle may be repeated over and over. Once the mercury reaches the top of the food chain, for example in a 300-kilogram tuna, it will stay there for the rest of the fish's life. As a result, people are very worried about the effect of eating fish that are high on the food chain or very old. These fish may have very high accumulations of mercury, and thus may be dangerous to eat. Fish that are lower on the food chain, or younger, are seen as safer. As the article makes clear, an important first step is to discover the exact nature of the ocean's mercury methylation process. After the process is understood, it may be possible to control it. Until we can reduce the amount of mercury that accumulates in the ocean, it would be advisable to avoid fish that may be high on mercury, wouldn't it?

• 和訳をお願いします

長くてすみません(>_<) 和訳をおねがいします The health benefits of walking are highly praised by experts ――and backed up by solid research.“Exercise can cut the risk of developing heart disease by half as well as lower blood pressure, reduce stress and minimize the risk of blocking the flow of blood to the brain,”Professor Charles George,medical director for the British Heart Foundation,told a journalist. “Since walking is one of the easiest,most convenient and inexpensive forms of exercise,it's an excellent choice for many people.”

• 中学レベルの英語のクイズ形式問題が解かりません

Q Which sentence is not confusing or ambiguous? 1. Is there a man inside with his sister and child, named Johnny? 2. His plan to study slowly was conceived by Bill. 3. The fish followed the bait and then bit it. 4. I found a picture of my mother in the basement. 答えは「3」です。 質問の意味からよく理解できないのですが、あいまいな文はどれかという事でしょうか? なぜ答えは「3」になるのでしょうか? 教えて下さい!よろしくお願い致します。

• この英文を和訳してください。

Positive inotrope infusions, e.g. the B1 agonist, dobutamine, are used in cardiogenic shock. The use of digoxin, which is a mild positive inotrope, is controversial in heart failure unless there is a concurrent supraventricular tachycardia. Vasodilators, such as glyceryl trinitrate, reduce pre‐load by venodilation and reduce after‐load by arterial vasodilation. Tolerance develops, so nitrates are used acutely, for ongoing ischaemia, acute heart failure or when ACE inhibitors are contraindiscated. 上記の英文を和訳してください。 よろしくお願いします。