• ベストアンサー

死刑について英訳

死刑についての自分の意見を英訳中なのですが添削していただけない でしょうか。 (1)免罪の可能性がなく容疑者が反省や被害者への謝罪も拒むのであれば死刑を課しても妥当だと思うのです。 The criminal show no sign of reglet and refuse to apologize toward victims,there is no choice except to death penalty. 上記の文の『冤罪の可能性がない場合』という部分はどう英訳すればよいでしょうか? The cace there is no possibility of false accusation はなんか長々しいなと思うのですが他に思いつかなくて… (2)もし自分の愛する人が殺されたのなら、正直私は犯人を死刑に してほしいと思うでしょう。例えその人が戻って来なくても。 If my loved person killed by someone、I'll hope for criminal's death.Even if my loved person dosen't return. こういう内容のことをここでアドバイスを受けようかどうか悩んだのですがあくまでも個人的な意見ですので反対意見お持ちの方いらっしゃっても目をつぶってください(>_<;)すみません。  

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.2

こんにちは。お疲れ様です。 英訳は十人十色ですが、僕だったらこうするかなということで参考にされて下さい。 (1) 免罪の可能性がなく容疑者が反省や被害者への謝罪も拒むのであれば死刑を課しても妥当だと思うのです。 When a criminal, who has no chance of being cleared of a false accusation, shows no signs of regrets or refuses to apologize to the victim, (I believe) it is quite appropriate to impose him/her a death sentence (a capital punishment). ・reglet ⇒ regret (2) もし自分の愛する人が殺されたのなら、正直私は犯人を死刑にしてほしいと思うでしょう。例えその人が戻って来なくても。 If my loved one was killed by an offender, honestly I would want him/her to be sentenced to death. That is even though it would not bring my loved one back. ・最愛の人、家族 ⇒ loved one(s) (3) こういう内容のことをここでアドバイスを受けようかどうか悩んだのですがあくまでも個人的な意見ですので反対意見お持ちの方いらっしゃっても目をつぶってください(>_<;)すみません。 、、、そんなこと気にしないで良いですよ。むしろ僕などは、未だに地下鉄サリンの松本智津夫被告がまだ死刑になっていない?のに最近また驚きましたから。「遺族不在」なのか、どうなっちゃっているんでしょうね? ご参考までに。

ss006981
質問者

お礼

とてもわかりやすい回答をありがとうございました。loved oneってそういえば私の大好きな歌の歌詞にあってなぜ、人のことをoneっていうんだろうと思ってました。なるほどそういう決まり文句なのですね!

その他の回答 (1)

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.1

1は特定の容疑者(犯罪者)ですよね。 おそらくこんな感じだと思いますよ。 If there is no possibility of a false accusation, and the criminal shows no regret and refuses to apologize to the victims, I say a death penalty is appropriate. If a person I love were killed by someone, honestly I would want him condemned to death, knowing she will never return to me.

ss006981
質問者

お礼

すぐに回答してくださりありがとうございました。さっそく参考にさせていただきました!

関連するQ&A

• 英訳・・・AほどBな人はいない

「あなたほど料理の上手なシェフ(コック)はいない。」 下記の英訳はあっておりますでしょうか? There is no chef who cook as much as you. ・There is no one や no person をこのように使えますか? ・上手に料理をするという場合、as much as でよいでしょうか?  cook well にしたかったのですが。。。 ご教授いただけると幸いです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 死刑について質問です。

死刑について英語で質問です。 このサイトでも 死刑の問題は比較的関心も高いんですが、 このサイトでは英語の得意な人が多いと思いますので、英語での質問に英語でお答え頂きたいと思います。 Most of the Japanese are for the death penalty. But some people point out several contradictions. (1) If an eye for an eye is barbarous, a life for a life should be more barbarous. But why is the death penalty admissible? (2) How do you think about the miscarriage of justice? (3) How do you justify the act of the executioners if a murder is evil? 以上、3点ですが、英語の達者な方、英語で反駁して頂けますか?

• 英訳をお願い致します

どなたか英訳をお願いいたします。 「人を愛するということに気が付いたいつかのメリークリスマス」 という文章を英訳したいです。 (1)Merry Christmas of the hilt to want to notice the person loved. (2)Of the fifth that noticed loving a person || Merry Christmas という文以外には御座いますでしょうか?(翻訳サイト使用) なるべく短い文章にしたいのですが。 また、「あなたを好きでいられる事を幸せに思うよ」 こちらも英訳したいのですが、 (1)It thinks of you and I think a thing that can be favorite to be happy. (2)I feel that I like you and it is necessary happily 以外には御座いますか?なるべく短い文章にしたいです。(できたらbe happyを使いたくありません) 宜しくお願い致します。

• カジュアルな英訳お願いします(その15)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 道に500円落ちてたら絶対に拾うな、誰も周りにいなかったら今のオレなら拾うな。  でも、さすが10万円なら警察にとどけるな。  If 500yen is on the road, I take it to my pocket abusolutely.And nobody is there ,I'll take even 10,000yen in my situation. But even those situation, I'll never 100,000yen take it to my pocket,I'll go the police office. Maybe・・・・・・ 2 嫁さんのリンパ浮腫の調子が悪くてまいったなぁ。  My wife had a uterine cancer's surgery about 6 years before,then she became an edema of lymph. She is in bad shape. I feel sorry for her,but what can I do for her? I have no idea. 3 これが自由診療っていうんだから辛いよな、お金なんかないよ。  This kind of medical treatment is all individual payment.It's tough to us like have no much money. 4 考えてみれば、ここ何年間あんまりオレ達夫婦笑ったことないなぁ。  Think of our situation,we have not laugh for several years. 5 オレの辞書には明るい言葉は無い。  If I make a dictinary,it has no happy words. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳について

「車のフロントの右側がつぶれてしまいました」 The front of the car is damaged on the right side. と、参考書で英訳されています。 ~ is damaged. の文章に英訳することはできないのでしょうか? できるとすると、どのような文章になるのでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英訳お願いします

見上げればそこに線路あるという意味で 見上げれば銀河鉄道というタイトルを英訳してみたのですが There is railroad if I look up で良いのでしょうか?? 英語自信ないので教えてください

• 英訳の添削をお願いします

英訳の添削をお願いします。 衝突した痕跡がある There is a trace of a collision.

• 詩の翻訳について

私自身の英語の能力が乏しいので、海外の友人から勧められた詩の内容がよく理解できないので、 直訳ではなく、どのようなニュアンスになるのか少し訂正を加えて翻訳をしていただきたいのですが、ヨロシクお願いします。以下の詩です。 Before the sea, as before death, I have no secrets If you seek a path to my soul take me to the stormy sea. There you’ll find the unearthed temple, the ruins of my life; and the plateau of my youth enclosed by a wall of fig trees. There you’ll witness the ancient lament of my thighs, that have brought pagan gods to their knees. Before the sea, as before death, I have no secrets. The earth and moon become my body. Love transplants my thoughts into the gardens of eternity.

• 英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違い、訂正、アドバイス等をください。

英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違いの訂正をお願いします Death penalty has a long history. It has existed at almost the same time human society was formed. People executed it in various ways. Sometimes it executed in very cruel way. Many countries, including Japan, have still been adopting it for the heaviest punishment. However, many advanced countries abolished it in recent years. I think Japan should retain capital punishment, riding this trend for four reasons. First of all, I think no one have a right to kill someone even if he or she is offender. Human dignity is the universal truth that is the basis of ethics. There is nothing more important than life. I think there is the other better way than killing such as life imprisonment. All people have human rights and capital punishment violate them. Therefore, we should not allow the death penalty. Second reason is that there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty. Of course, once capital punishment was executed, person who was put to death would never rise again. Even if he or she was proved to be clear, we could not save him or her after death penalty. In this case, government killed innocent person without rational reason. If there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty, we should abolish the death penalty. Third reason is that death penalty should not be adopted for the sake of crime prevention. Some defender of the death penalty say that death penalty have strong deterrent effect against crimes. However, it may not exactly be true. There is no evidence to proof it and there are many safe countries without death penalty. I think we need not to use death penalty as a deterrent power. Death penalty doesn’t have deterrent power against crimes. Forth reason is that death penalty is very cruel punishment. Person who is sentenced to death get not only bodily suffering but also mental anguish. Waiting for determined death is very dreadful and there is no possibility to avoid being killed. Death penalty is not just a bodily punishment. It is also a mental punishment and government does not have the right to punish death-row prisoners’ mentality In conclusion, death penalty is very dangerous to threaten our right as humans. Death penalty has possibility to kill innocent people and it is not just a bodily punishment. We all have human dignity and no one have right to damage it. A flow of the global ideas is to abolish the death penalty and we should not ignore this flow if Japan is a country which value human life. We must abolish the death penalty as soon as possible.

• 英訳、添削お願いします

英訳です。自分でやってみたのですが、いささか不安ですので、添削お願いします。他にいい訳等もあったらぜひ。 1.大好きなスポーツのおかげで、彼にはたくさんの友達ができた。  Baseball,that his favorate sport,provides him with a lot of friends. 2.法に従うことはすべての人の義務である。  The duty of all people is following the law. 3.彼には手伝ってくれる人がいない。  He doesn't have person to help him.