• 締切済み

死刑について質問です。

死刑について英語で質問です。 このサイトでも 死刑の問題は比較的関心も高いんですが、 このサイトでは英語の得意な人が多いと思いますので、英語での質問に英語でお答え頂きたいと思います。 Most of the Japanese are for the death penalty. But some people point out several contradictions. (1) If an eye for an eye is barbarous, a life for a life should be more barbarous. But why is the death penalty admissible? (2) How do you think about the miscarriage of justice? (3) How do you justify the act of the executioners if a murder is evil? 以上、3点ですが、英語の達者な方、英語で反駁して頂けますか?

みんなの回答

• sknuuu
  • ベストアンサー率43% (408/934)
回答No.7

>> What is your intention to ask for the counterarguments “in English”? >It's very simple. In order to improve my English, debating about anything in English. >Do you prefer other topics? No. Not at all. This web page requires "question-answer" correspondence. See the guideline ↓ http://psguide.okwave.jp/guide/prohibition.html It is prohibited to open and hold a discussion here. And, even though the category is "the learning and education of English", and you want to improve your English, the web page is for the public, not for one individual's sake. It is better to help as many learners as possible, not just you. Ask questions that are useful for many.

myrtille54
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 >Ask questions that are useful for many. Would you pick up your favorite questions, then?

myrtille54
質問者

補足

議論を避けるために、連投はご遠慮願います。あしからず。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.6

ここは英語以外の議論の場ではないので多く議論することは避け私の思いを簡潔に述べます。 Before coming to each question of yours, let me say this first. In this country, you must have killed someone if you get the death penalty. And there is an insurmountable difference between the murder and all other crimes. In murder, the victims of the crime are gone, no longer exist in the world unlike the victims of all other crimes. They cannot voice how they feel in the court, cannot be solaced or compensated in anyway unlike the victims of other crimes. So I still believe in the death penalty – that you have to pay the heaviest price for the crime which took away the lives of others. (1) If an eye for an eye is barbarous, a life for a life should be more barbarous. But why is the death penalty admissible? - Human beings have been and will be barbarous. (2) How do you think about the miscarriage of justice? - Needless to say, apply death penalty very carefully to minimize the miscarriage of justice. (3) How do you justify the act of the executioners if a murder is evil? – This question is irrelevant in that the executioner’s act is not based on the malicious intent.

myrtille54
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 Your opinion is rather commonplace.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • sknuuu
  • ベストアンサー率43% (408/934)
回答No.5

If you want to abolish the capital punishment system, choose better politicians who will fulfill your hope. The matter of capital punishment is not so easy to talk about, especially on a web page like this, where a number of people are seeing every day, including those who are very serious about the death penalty matter. What is your intention to ask for the counterarguments “in English”? If you want to seriously discuss the matter, go to another category, or just stop being such a fool as to do things like this. The subject is not favorable.

myrtille54
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 > What is your intention to ask for the counterarguments “in English”? It's very simple. In order to improve my English, debating about anything in English. Do you prefer other topics?

myrtille54
質問者

補足

It is quite curious that you broke the rule yourself and you are tempting an argument. 滑稽ですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#195146
noname#195146
回答No.4

駄目ぢゃん、まだ誤記ってるじゃん、Is our children learning?以下ぢゃん。 An eye for an eye keeps us away from demanding too much. But, as you know, a life should not be paid by a life. You have nothing different from Dead and Alive. We usually pay money for anything even if it's someone's life. If someone is killing you, your family members, your friends, or even a stranger nearby, you can, you should , you must kill that person to protect yourself and others, maybe including the killer. If you hesitate to do that, you will lose not only your life, but also your important people and the community of yours. However, you might not be able to do that. Then, you will die without do anything for others and yourself. What can protect you or your treasures including your children's or your children? What should we do? It's not smart, I admit, but one available solution might be that we have a law which kills such scoundrels who try to commit serious crimes against us. Under that kind of laws, we know we will be killed before killing others, and then, it keeps us from violent emotions which comes up from ourselves. Barbarous? What is "barbarous"? You should stop thinking using meaningless words like barbarous.  すみません。m(_ _)m

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#195146
noname#195146
回答No.3

おまぬけの#1, 2です。ぐぐぐ、まだ誤記があります。書き直して、全文再掲載いたします。 An eye for an eye keeps us away from demanding too much. But, as you know, a life should not be paid by a life. You have nothing different from Dead and Alive. We usually pay money for anything even if it's someone's life. If someone is killing you, your family members, your friends, or even a stranger nearby, you can, you should , you must kill that person to protect yourself and others, maybe including the killer. If you hesitate to do that, you will lose not only your life, but also your important people and the community of yours. However, you might not able to do that. Then, you will die without do anything for others and yourself. What can protect you or your treasures including your children's or your children? What should we do? It's not smart, I admit, but one available solution might be that we have a law which kills such scoundrels who try to commit serious crimes against us. Under that kind of laws, we know we will be killed before killing others, and then, it keeps us from violent emotions which comes up from ourselves. Barbarous? What is "barbarous"? You should stop thinking using meaningless words like barbarous. P.S.  ご要望に応えるべく書いたのであって、私の意見ではないことを付記いたしておきます。

myrtille54
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 >Barbarous? What is "barbarous"? You should stop thinking using meaningless words like barbarous. This is not my own opinion , but a supposition.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#195146
noname#195146
回答No.2

#1です。校正漏れがありました。 誤>Barbarous? What is "barbarous"? You should not stop thinking using meaningless words like barbarous. 正>Barbarous? What is "barbarous"? You should stop thinking using meaningless words like barbarous.  大変申し訳ありません。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#195146
noname#195146
回答No.1

>(1) If an eye for an eye is barbarous, a life for a life should be more barbarous. >But why is the death penalty admissible? An eye for an eye keeps us away from demanding too much. But, as you know, a life should not be paid by a life. You have nothing different from Dead and Alive. We usually pay money for anything even if it's someone's life. If someone is killing you, your family members, your friends, or even a stranger nearby, you can, you should , you must kill that person to protect yourself and others, maybe including the killer. If you hesitate to do that, you will lose not only your life, but also your important people and the community of yours. However, you might not able to do that. Then, you will die without do anything for others and yourself. What can protect you or your treasures including your children's or your childres? What should we do? It's not smart, I admit, but one available solution might be that we have a law which kills such scoundrels who try to commit serious crimes against us. Under that kind of laws, we know we will be killed before killing others, and then, it keeps us from violent emotions which comes up from ourselves. Barbarous? What is "barbarous"? You should not stop thinking using meaningless words like barbarous.  ここら辺で。語ろうと思えば、いくらでも語れますが、それなら使い慣れた日本語で語って、まとめを英語で語ればいいじゃないですか。何語で語っても同じことですよ。 >(2) How do you think about the miscarriage of justice? >(3) How do you justify the act of the executioners if a murder is evil?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 死刑に反対です

英語の得意な方、添削お願いします。 “私は死刑に反対です。なぜなら 命は私たちにとって目より大事なので、 目には目をが残酷なら 命には命をはもっと残酷だからです。” I'm against the death penalty. Because since a life is more precious than an eye for us, if an eye for an eye is cruel, a life for a life is more cruel.

• 日本人はどうして死刑が好き?

こんばんは。 実は同じタイトルの質問を この前 社会問題のカテに出したんですが、“好き嫌いの問題ではないと思います。”、“誰も好きで死刑を認めているわけではないでしょう。”、“好き嫌いという解釈は些か強引に思えます。” という反論がありました。確かに、この場合の「好き」は英語で言う enjoyやloveはあまり相応しくないでしょう。(一部そう言う人もおりますが) しかし、死刑に関しては日本では法曹界は慎重なのに比べて 一般庶民は積極的に賛成している風潮は否めないでしょう。 先ず、死刑存置国として中国やイスラム諸国があります。そして ベラルーシを除くすべてのヨーロッパ諸国はすでに死刑を廃止しています。 私の考えでは 日本は 中国やイスラム諸国よりも ヨーロッパ諸国と仲良くなる方がいいと思います。 さて、イスラムの刑には“ an eye for an eye”という考え方があります。これは英語では Qisasと呼ばれています。 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qisas つまり、これはイスラムに限らず、刑の根源とも言えるかもしれません。ヨーローッパの殆どの国で死刑が廃止されたのも “ an eye for an eye”が野蛮なら “”a life for a life”はもっと野蛮だという矛盾があるかもしれません。日本でも死刑賛成派の人でさえ 「目には目を」の考えには否定的な人が多いかと思います。この場合は、それなりの賠償金で償うのが正しいと思う人が多いかと思います。ところが、日本人の場合、人間にとって視力より大事なはずである 他人の生命を奪った場合、状況は一転し、お金の大好きな日本人が賠償金を蹴ってまで 加害者の死刑を望むことと思いますが、これは なぜか、次の英文が成り立つと思います。 Why do the Japanese prefer the death penalty (to the financial compensation)? この文はどう訳したらいいと思いますか? 質問でも書いたように 日本語の「好き」はどうも この際 語弊があるようなので・・・・・・^^

• 英語日記24 死刑制度

今回も文法がわからんとこはしらべずにしたので間違いが多いとおもいます!!! すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いです What do you think of a idea the death penalty. There are many countries adopt the death penalty. Japan is one of them. I want to just ask you that you think you agree with this system?? I guess that there are many opinion of this system. victim`s family probably hope that the murder is going to die, but how about murder`s family?? They think feel too bad when they hear their son going to die, even if he is murder. This is my opinion, so please don’t hurt your feeling even if hear my opinion. I think death penalty is also one of crimes. Please thinking about it simply. Were you taught the thing that you shouldn’t revenge just because you feel disgusting. It has a in consistency, doesn’t it??

• 死刑について英訳

死刑についての自分の意見を英訳中なのですが添削していただけない でしょうか。 (1)免罪の可能性がなく容疑者が反省や被害者への謝罪も拒むのであれば死刑を課しても妥当だと思うのです。 The criminal show no sign of reglet and refuse to apologize toward victims,there is no choice except to death penalty. 上記の文の『冤罪の可能性がない場合』という部分はどう英訳すればよいでしょうか? The cace there is no possibility of false accusation はなんか長々しいなと思うのですが他に思いつかなくて… (2)もし自分の愛する人が殺されたのなら、正直私は犯人を死刑に してほしいと思うでしょう。例えその人が戻って来なくても。 If my loved person killed by someone、I'll hope for criminal's death.Even if my loved person dosen't return. こういう内容のことをここでアドバイスを受けようかどうか悩んだのですがあくまでも個人的な意見ですので反対意見お持ちの方いらっしゃっても目をつぶってください(>_<;)すみません。  

• 英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違い、訂正、アドバイス等をください。

英語のエッセイです。どなたか間違いの訂正をお願いします Death penalty has a long history. It has existed at almost the same time human society was formed. People executed it in various ways. Sometimes it executed in very cruel way. Many countries, including Japan, have still been adopting it for the heaviest punishment. However, many advanced countries abolished it in recent years. I think Japan should retain capital punishment, riding this trend for four reasons. First of all, I think no one have a right to kill someone even if he or she is offender. Human dignity is the universal truth that is the basis of ethics. There is nothing more important than life. I think there is the other better way than killing such as life imprisonment. All people have human rights and capital punishment violate them. Therefore, we should not allow the death penalty. Second reason is that there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty. Of course, once capital punishment was executed, person who was put to death would never rise again. Even if he or she was proved to be clear, we could not save him or her after death penalty. In this case, government killed innocent person without rational reason. If there is possibility of a misjudgment of death penalty, we should abolish the death penalty. Third reason is that death penalty should not be adopted for the sake of crime prevention. Some defender of the death penalty say that death penalty have strong deterrent effect against crimes. However, it may not exactly be true. There is no evidence to proof it and there are many safe countries without death penalty. I think we need not to use death penalty as a deterrent power. Death penalty doesn’t have deterrent power against crimes. Forth reason is that death penalty is very cruel punishment. Person who is sentenced to death get not only bodily suffering but also mental anguish. Waiting for determined death is very dreadful and there is no possibility to avoid being killed. Death penalty is not just a bodily punishment. It is also a mental punishment and government does not have the right to punish death-row prisoners’ mentality In conclusion, death penalty is very dangerous to threaten our right as humans. Death penalty has possibility to kill innocent people and it is not just a bodily punishment. We all have human dignity and no one have right to damage it. A flow of the global ideas is to abolish the death penalty and we should not ignore this flow if Japan is a country which value human life. We must abolish the death penalty as soon as possible.

• yet

Life ... is but a twinkling of an eye Yet filled with sorrow and compassion 上記文中での、yetの訳し方、意味、等を教えてください。どういう意味にとればすっきりするでしょうか。詩の一部分です。

• この文の意味を教えて下さい。

この文の意味がわかりません。 Education is not an end, but a means to an end. 一体これはどういう意味なんでしょうか。 わかる方いましたら、是非ご教授ください。 ちなみにこの後には、 In other words, we do not educate children only for the purpose of educating them; our purpose is to fit them for life. と続きます。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Regarding the question of whether death is a life crisis, one noted authority concluded that it is not invariably a crisis for an individual person. “There are people among us who seldom give thought to death. Some of these people come to death before death has come to mind-accidents, foul play, sudden traumas of various kinds. A crisis was neither anticipated nor experienced in such instances. Others among us do think of death, but minus the doomsday visions. There are people who seem to view personal annihilation with equanimity, and others who are serene because, for them, death does not represent annihilation. Still others feel sorely troubled with the life they are experiencing, and death is seen as the solution rather than the problem” (Kastenbaum, 1975, p. 48). お願いします。

• 自由英作の添削をお願いできますか?

死刑制度と貴方の意見について述べなさい。 という課題です よろしくお願いします。 Capital punishment debate I disagree with capital punishment and we had better repeal it.  Firstly, what is Capital punishment? it has a long history and now capital punishment debate is one of the human rights issues. Some people agree with death penalty and others disagree with it. And some countries adopt death penalty, such as, Japan, China, Iran, and so on. In Europe, Belarus is only country that adopt death penalty and this country does not belong to EU because she embraces death penalty. Thus this problem is so difficult for human being to solve. Death penalty dose not prevents felonious crimes very much. We often hear the idea that death penalty stop offender killing other people. However, it is not exactly. According to the statistics of murder case in the United States, the number of the murder case in the State which adopts the penalty is larger than that doesn’t adopt it. Also according to a research, in a country where there is the penalty, after they abolished the penalty, the number of murder did not change dramatically. Moreover, a country where there is not the penalty, after they started the penalty, the number did not change hard, either. Thus we can say that death penalty may not have a power to prevent crimes. In spite of these, why there is capital punishment? Is there any meaning that we kill the people who kill other? Maybe not. Offenders should pay for the victims and rehabilitate no matter how long it takes, so it is not good that not only victims but offenders are killed. As the Bible says, we should ‘condemn the offense, but pity the offender.’ It may cause the case where people who kill nobody are killed as a dearth penalty on a false charge. Indeed, there are many cases like this in the world. In Japan, it is not about death penalty, there are, too. In other word, it is an unmistakable murder. However, no one is bad― it is the death penalty that is not good. In conclusion, death penalty has a little benefit and may lead terrible mistakes. And the Law makes offenders not kill but rehabilitate. Therefore I disagree with death penalty and we had better abolish it.

• 英語の意味を教えて下さい(和訳して下さい)

Death is not an event of life. Death is not lived through. とは、どういう意味でしょうか。 和訳出来る方は、お願い致します。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • パスワード忘れて mfc1738dn でお困りですか?こちらでは、パスワードの忘れた方へのサポートを提供しています。
  • お使いの環境についても教えてください。パソコンもしくはスマートフォンのOSはAndroidですか?接続は無線LANですか?詳細な環境情報をお伺いして、適切な対応策をご提案いたします。
  • 補足として、「ブラザー製品」についての質問ですので、ブラザーの製品に特化したサポートもご提供しています。お気軽にご質問ください。
回答を見る