• ベストアンサー

英訳に困っています

『望まれない子が生まれてしまうのではないかという点については、性教育を徹底することで減らすことができるし、また経済的な理由で中絶を望む人に対しては、社会的援助を充実させれば解決するのではないでしょうか。』という文を英語に直したいのですが、上手くできなくて困っています…。ぜひアドバイスをお願いします。 以下は自分でやってみたものです。 About the point that unwanted baby will be born, it could be reduced by carrying out thorough sex education, and for a person expecting an abortion because of an economic reason, it could be solved if a country establishes full social support system for these people.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • msmhshs2
  • ベストアンサー率19% (4/21)
回答No.2

文の調子を少し変えてもよければですけども。 I think that ... という風にして、 「解決するのではないでしょうか?」というラストをまず前に出します。 つまり、解決すると思います、にします。 で中で提案される2点。 1.徹底した性教育は望まれない子供が生まれる数を減らすことができる。 Thorough sex education will reduce the number of unwanted children 2.充実した社会的援助は経済的理由により中絶せざる得ない人を救える。 Enhanced social supports will prevent a woman from having an abortion for financial reasons. ちょっと付け足しなんですけど、社会的援助=social supportと そのまま訳しましたが、 たぶん英語ではPublic health care serviceぐらいに なると思います。 気になったのでうぃきぺでぃあでsocial supportを引いたのですが、 Social support is the physical and emotional comfort given to us by our family, friends, co-workers and others. とありました。かなり意味が違ってくるようですね。 私も勉強させて頂きました。 日本語の「社会的援助」という含みもあるのか知れませんが、 誤解を招く恐れもあるだろうし、ちょっと言葉を選んだほうが よいかもしれないですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.1

とりあえず直すなら下記でしょうか。 baby -> babies will be born --> are born (現実の問題なのでwillはおかしいのでは?) a person expecting an abortion -> women wanting/seeking abortion その前に日本後を見直したらどうでしょう。 「減らす」なら「the number of unwanted babies」 後半の solve の目的語 it は a person になっているので不自然では? 私ならへたですが、 On the point that unwanted babies are born (each year), we could solve this problem by ..., and we could also provide thorough social supports in order to reduce the number of women seeking abortion for economical reasons.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• carrying the baby to term

Nearly 40 years ago, my daughter had an abortion. She was 17, and there was no possibility of carrying the baby to term and having it be adopted. carrying the baby to termはどのよな意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• shouldこんな場所にくるんですか?

Abortion services for the 20,000 women who seek a chemically induced abortion every year could be transformed should the Department of Health's official evaluation of the pilot confirm initial findings. 上の一文でtransformed should the Department ってありますよね? なぜにshould がこんな場所にでてくるんですか?倒置法かなんかでしょうか?そこに置くことによってどんな働きをしてるのか?教えてほしいです!

• 英訳してほしいのですが

I sent your order out on Monday the 12th. I also enclosed a $36.00 International money order for overpayment for my CD. However today I recieved back from my bank the check you had sent me for the $81.00. They said it was not negotiable here to go through our banks. I will be returning this check to you today in the mail. Please arrange another payment to me for your CD. The charges I have incurred for your CD and shipment total is $47.00. If you could get an international money order from your bank there shouldn't be a problem. If you can pay by credit card, that would be even better. I have an online payment form if you would like to use it using your credit card. http://www.patswe bgraphics.com/creditcardorder.html My address for mailing again is: 以上です。どうぞ宜しく

• 英訳してください

Fresh meats and vegetables are not supposed to be carried across borders by ordinary passengers. In the case of Karen Turner, she almost entered the United States from Mexico carrying 60 kilograms of popular chorizo sausage. Alert officials noticed, however, that she had too many used baby diapers in her car. “My little boyhas diarrhea!” she explained to the officials. Inside of the many diapers, however, they discovered the sausages. Strangely, the meat did not look so different from what a person usually finds in a used diaper. Alert Al Wheeler noticed that a van was moving rather slowly in the line for inspection at the Mexican border. The border official asked the driver to step out, and then discovered the reason the car was so heavy: The driver was carrying nearly 1,600 kilograms of Mexican white cheese. The man confessed that he wanted to sell the cheese, which was valued at about ¥900,000. At an airport in Germany, an angry passenger refused to give up his liter bottle of pepper vodka. He insisted that he was bringing it home as a present for a friend; airport officials firmly explained to him that liquids could not be brought onto the airplane. Rather than give up his bottle, the 64-year-old man opened it and in just a couple of minutes, drank everything. Five minutes later, he returned from the plane and was rushed to a hospital for alcohol poisoning. All of us tend to over-pack for trips. Often we find attractive food items in other countries and want to bring them back. Finally, we see a nice bottle of liquor or wine, and want to give it to a friend. It is important to pack carefully when we go abroad. Officials are watching more closely than ever.

• 仮定法;「もう一度生まれ変われたらなあ」は英語で?

問題集にこのような問題があります。 適語をa~dから選びなさい。 I wish I ( ) again. a)be born b)could be born c)were born d) had been born a) でないのは分かります。(原形を使うことはないので) "I am born" も間違いではないような気がして、b なのか cなのかはっきりと 分かりません。 どなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いします。

英訳お願いします。 ちなみに仮定法です。 1. A man of sense would not do such a thing. (~of sense 分別ある~) 2.Without his help, I could not have finished the job easily. 3.To hear him talk, you'd take him for an American. (To hear~=If you) 4.It is high time you went to school. 5.Not even the most imaginative people could have foreseen the computer age and spece travel.

• 「元気な赤ちゃんが生まれますように!」英訳

「元気な赤ちゃんが生まれますように!」の英訳をお願いいたします。 webでの英訳サイトで一通り試してみたのですが、 ・An energetic baby must give birth. ・A cheerful baby be born ・May the fine baby is born! ・So that a cheerful baby is born ・To a healthy baby born など、様々出てきました。 一番自然な文章はどれなのでしょうか・・・? また、上記以外にもいいニュアンスの英文がありましたら教えて頂きたいと思います。 よろしくお願い致します。 補足 妊娠中の方にお祝いのプレゼントに何が欲しいか聞いたら、胎教用のiPodをリクエストされました。 Apple Store にて購入すると無料でメッセージの刻印をしてくれるようなので、そこに入れるメッセージを探しております。

• 英訳お願いいたします!

英訳お願いいたします! 長文の一部です‥自分でやってみた箇所もありますが、訂正も含め英訳を宜しくお願いします。 Yesterday I was sleeping(昨日寝ていたら) ... and all of a sudden I heart my phone received an email (I forgot to put my phone to silent mode) ... but somehow I thought it would be an email from you ... and then I fell asleep again :) How are you today? Is it also so warm in Tokyo? (東京も暑い?)In Osaka it was incredibly warm ... (大阪は信じられないくらい暑いよ)luckily I could stay indoors this weekend.(ラッキーなことに今週は中にいれたよ) Work does have some benefits :)Maybe you can handle this warm weather very well since your mother is from Okinawa? (君のお母さんは沖縄出身だから、君はこの暑さを乗り切れるのかな)I guess it must really be very warm there, no?(沖縄は本当に凄い暑いだろうね、違う?) This morning I tried to running for the first time this trip in Osaka.(今朝、大阪に来てから初めてランニングしたよ) Because of my jet lag I couldn't get out of bed last week ...(先週は時差ぼけでベッドから出れなかったから) maybe I'm a little bit lazy.(多分私はちょっと体がだるい) The running this morning didn't go well(今朝のランニングは良くなかった) ... it was sooooo warm .(すごーく暑かった).. I thought I was going to melt! And running time was very very bad ...(ランニングの時間はかなりだめだった) Promise you will not laugh ... Thank for being so considerate. You are really very kind.(あなたは本当に優しい) I'm going back to Belgium on the 30th of August, but it could be delayed. So I will be here for still a while. Maybe it would be better for you if you could visit Osaka in August? Then you can have a relaxed mini-holiday :) I might be more busy towards the end of August. Because then we need to give a product to our Korean customer. Is there something special you like to visit in Osaka? Osaka-jo, Dotombori, Shinsaibashi, ... please let me know. Have you been to Kyoto? This might require a bit more time ... need to check. But if you know when you could come and how long I can think of what to do and I will let you know ok?

• 論文の英訳について

if an individual teeth are so crooked that others notice them , it is cause for concern. the search for a solution to this problem often lends to the orthodontist to have the teeth straightened. Even though you want the teeth to be straightened to improve your appearance,the orthodontist kmows that improved function will be an additional benefit. という文があるのですが、最初の 個々の歯が非常に曲がっているので関連性があることに他のものがそれらに気づいた?でもう限界です。 簡単な訳を教えて下さいm(._.)m

• 英訳をお願い致します。

国際法のテキストを使っての発表があるのですが、以下の文章が上手く日本語に訳せません。よろしくお願い致します。 Competence to bring an international claim is, for those possessing it, the capacity to resort to the customary methods recognized by international law for the establishment, the presentation and the settlement of claims. Among these methods may be mentioned protest, request for an enquiry, negotiation, and request for submission to an arbitral tribunal or to the Court in so far as this may be authorized by the {ICJ’s} Statute.