• ベストアンサー

フランス語の意味を教えてください

本を読んでいたら、フランス語で会話がなされている部分があって、意味が理解できません。意味がわかる方がいらっしゃいましたら、教えてください。 ガモフさんがド・ブロイさんの家を訪れたときの会話の部分です。 Gamow rang the bell at the gate of the estate and was greeted by de Broglie's butler. He said: "Je voudrais voir Professeur de Broglie." The butler cringed. "Vous voulez dire, Monsieur le Duc de Broglie!" he insisted. "O.K., le Duc de Broglie," Gamow said and was finally allowed to enter. どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

noname#73515
noname#73515

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

「ド・ブロイ教授に面会したいのですが」 「ド・ブロイ公爵さまにという意味ですね。」 professeur/professor, duc/duke の対応だけわかればいいんです。 名門貴族ですから。

noname#73515
質問者

お礼

そういう意味だったんですね。 そういえば、本の章の冒頭に、名門貴族だという説明が載っていました。 22時きっかりのご回答ありがとうございました☆

関連するQ&A

• France語翻訳お願いします。

Un homme ne peut etre plus homme que les autres, parce que la liberte est semblablement infinie en chacun. Un ce sens, nul n'a mieux montre que Descartes la liaison entre l'esprit de la science et l'esprit de la democratie,car on ne saurait fonder le suffrage universel sur autre chose que sur cette faculte universellement repandue de dire non ou de dire oui. Et sans doute nous pouvons constater entre les hommes beaucoup de differences: l'un aura la memoire plus vive,l'autre l'imagination plus etendue, celui-ci mettra plus de promptitude a comprendre, celui-la embrassera un champ de verite plus large. Mais ces qualites ne sont pas constitutives de la notion d'homme: il faut y voir des accidents corporels. Et ce qui nous caracterise comme creature humaine,c'est seulement l'usage que nous faisons librement de ces dons. Il n'importe point en effet que nous ayons compris plus ou moins vite. Alcibiade et l'esclave, s'ils comprennent une meme verite, sont entierement pareils en ceci qu'ils la comprennent. De la meme facon, la situation d'un homme et ses pouvoirs ne sauraient accroitre ou limiter sa liberte et la puissance. Etre libre, ce n'est point pouvoir faire ce que l'on veut, mais c'est vouloir ce que l'on peut. 長いですが、どうかよろしくお願いします

• どなたか、翻訳お願いします。まったく意味がわかりません。

どなたか、翻訳お願いします。まったく意味がわかりません。 ※翻訳サイトを使わない翻訳をお願いします。 TUSAYAN,Ariz.,Sept.27 Sept 27 (NP)-A sight seeing plane crashed into a wooded hill near the Grand Canyon Airport on Wedensday,killing 10 people and injuring the other 11 people aboard. The aicraft's wings were sheared off by tall Ponderosa pines but some passengers survived because the fuselage of the de Haviland Twin Otter remained largely intact,said Sheriff Joe Richards.The two crew members were killed,he said. National Park Service Ranger Paul Crawford,how was among the first to reach the wreckage,said some of the passengers were walking around when he arrived at the scene on a small ridge about 275 meters east of a runway. "They were shell shocked.They had that empty,dazed look,"he said. The twin engine Grand Canyon Airlines plane went down at 9:49 a.m.,said U.S.Federal Aviation Adminis tration spokeswoman Elly Brekke. Brekke said the plane hit trees,fipped over and crashed after veering on its landing approach.Elizabeth Sebold,co-owner of Grand Canyon Airlines,said from Las Vegas,New.,that the plane was on a sight seeing fight and was comin in for a landing. Seibold said all those aboard were from the United States. The identities of the dead and injured were not immediately available. Larry Nickey,a Grand Canyon National Park Fire Department captain,said there was fuel in the plane's cockpit area but the wreck age did not catch fire. Nickey said fire fightersvcut out the plane's bottom to free a man and a woman.He said they were the only two still alive in the plane when he arrived.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Alexandre-Félix-Joseph Ribot (French pronunciation: ​[alɛksɑ̃dʁ ʁibo]; 7 February 1842 – 13 January 1923) was a French politician, four times Prime Minister.Ribot was born in Saint-Omer, Pas-de-Calais. After a brilliant academic career at the University of Paris, where he was lauréat of the faculty of law, he rapidly made his mark at the bar. He was secretary of the conference of advocates and one of the founders of the Sociéte de legislation comparée. During 1875 and 1876 he was successively director of criminal affairs and secretary-general at the ministry of justice. In 1877 he entered politics, playing a conspicuous part on the committee of legal resistance during the Brogue ministry; in the following year he was returned to the chamber as a moderate republican member for Boulogne, in his native département of Pas-de-Calais. His impassioned yet reasoned eloquence gave him an influence which was increased by his articles in the Parlement in which he opposed violent measures against the unauthorized congregations.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

He counted how long he could hold his breath. Each day he improved his time. Even back at home he timed himself by the clock, and was proud to find he could hold his breath for two minutes. The authority of the clock brought close the adventure that was so important to him. The day after tomorrow, his mother reminded him casually one morning, they must go home. He swam straight out to the rock and looked down into the water. This was the moment when he would try. If he did not do it now, he never would. He filled his lungs, started to count, and dived to the bottom. He was soon inside the dark, narrow hole. The water pushed him up against the roof. The roof was sharp and hurt his back. He pulled himself along with his hands — fast, fast. His head knocked against something; a sharp pain dizzied him. He counted: one hundred… one hundred and fifteen. The hole had widened! He gave himself a kick forward and swam as fast as he could. He lost track of time and said one hundred and fifteen to himself again. Then he saw light. Victory filled him. His hands, reaching forward, met nothing; and his feet propelled him out into the open sea. He floated to the surface, pulled himself up onto the rock and lay face down, catching his breath. After a time he felt better and sat up. Then he swam to shore and climbed slowly up the path to the house. His mother came to meet him, smiling. “Have a nice time?” she asked. “Oh, yes, thank you,” he said. “How did you cut your head?” “Oh, I just cut it.” They sat down to lunch together. “Mom,” he said, “I can hold my breath for two minutes — three minutes.” “Can you, darling?” she said. “Well, you shouldn’t overdo it. You look a bit pale. I don’t think you ought to swim any more today.” She was ready for a battle of wills, but he gave in at once. It was no longer of the least importance to go to the bay.

• 意味を教えてください

I was divorced for 10 years, and am now remarried. Four months after we said I do, my first husband left me (on Valentine's Day!) without a word. It was out of character for him not to come home, and I was so worried I reported him to the police as a missing person. If that wasn't enough, he left me owing the power and water bills, and our rent was three months behind. owing the power and water billsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Fourth Army plan was to capture Bois de la Grille, Leopoldshöhe Trench and all of the south face of the Moronvilliers hills, push the Germans back from Le Golfe and encircle Aubérive from the flanks. Vaudesincourt was then to be captured and the right flank was to link with the centre, which was to take Côte 181 and Mont Sans Nom. If Le Téton had not been captured, the troops in the French centre, were to drive the Germans from Bois de Côte 144 and attack the hill from the east. East of the Suippes, on the right flank of the XVII Corps, four and a half battalions were to attack Aubérive and the trenches beyond, up to those at the western fringe of Bois des Abatis. West of the Suippes to the south of Aubérive, the Moroccan Division, a regiment of the Foreign Legion and the 185th Territorial Brigade were to take Aubérive, the German blockhouses at Vaudesincourt, Le Golfe and Mont Sans Nom. On the right flank of the XVII Corps, one division was to capture Le Casque, its wood and Le Téton; on the left flank the divisional objectives were the summits of Mont Haut, Mont Perthois and the trenches linking Mont Haut to Le Casque. The VIII Corps (General Hely d'Oissel), was to capture Mont Cornillot and Mont Blond, Flensburg Trench and the next one behind, which connected the defences of the summits, Mont Blond, Mont Cornillot, Bois de la Grille and Leopoldshöhe Trench.

• どのような意味でしょうか

Several months ago my family and I pulled into our driveway in my vehicle. We noticed that there were wires pulled down underneath my husband’s vehicle. It turns out that someone cut his brake lines! I was totally freaked out and wanted to call the authorities to make a report. He vehemently refused and said it wouldn’t do any good. He was able to repair the brakes himself and didn’t want to talk about it. I wanted to talk about it but didn’t want our kids to hear for fear they may get scared. I asked him repeatedly who could have done this. He said, “Probably neighborhood kids.” I said that neighborhood kids don’t usually try to kill people! He purchased outside motion detector cameras immediately after this incident, and nothing has happened since. My husband is a quiet, mild-mannered guy (who has absolutely NO GAME—I made the first, second, and third moves!). has absolutely NO GAMEはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味が分かりません

次の英文の 「everything else had started and he knew there would be no stopping them.」 が具体的に何を意味しているのか、わかりません。 この英文の私の和訳は、次の通りです。 「他の全ての物事が始まった。そして彼は、それら(=everything else )を止めることができないと分かっていた。」 しかし、この英文が何のことを述べているのか、分からないのです。 下記に全文を載せました。どうぞ、よろしくお願いします。 He was on his bicycle suddenly, riding swiftly down the dark street, tears coming out of his eyes and his mouth whispering young and crazy curses. When he got back to the telegraph office the tears had stopped, but everything else had started and he knew there would be no stopping them. "Otherwise I'm just as good as dead myself," he said, as if someone were hearing whose hearing was not perfect.

• 接続詞thatの繰り返し

以下の文の中で、thatが二回出てくるのと、thatを一度しか使わないのとの意味上の違いはどうなるのでしょうか。 1・1   The player told me that Mr.Akiyama was a good coach and that he took good care of their team. 1・2  The player told me that Mr.Akiyama was a good coach and I can see he takes good care of their team. 2・1 He said that he had sat up very late wathing TV and that now he was tired. 2・2 He said that he had sat up very late wathing TV and now he was tired.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Michael Mulford's father Mark survived the battle as a teenager aboard the HMS Malaya, which was hit eight times with the loss of more than 60 men. Mr Mulford said his father, then 19, had watched as the bodies were sewn into hammocks and released over the side. He told the BBC: "I can't really imagine it because what he ever said about it was absolutely nothing - which speaks volumes for the horror of raw naval warfare. "This was duty, this was service, but whatever else, it was nothing you could talk about at the dinner table. It was not something to regale the grandchildren with. It was long ago, it was dreadful but it had to be done and was done." Mr Mulford added: "Today is a day for peace and reconciliation."